Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Does anyone feel bad for the lady now needing another roommate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So...this wasn't a bad episode per se but nothing really happened.

Hoping for an exciting stinger.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Guy A. Person posted:

So...this wasn't a bad episode per se but nothing really happened.

Hoping for an exciting stinger.

I am ok with that in 24 episode season, sometimes its nice to have an episode that is just filler.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh well that seems like a good idea let's run with that...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wells.

C'mon Wells.

We've been through this.

You need to stop blowing up particle accelerators, Wells.

You have a problem, and you need to stop. We can help you, Wells.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
In just one episode they did a good job characterizing Zoom as a creepy weirdo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

I just checked the episode summaries and it kind of seems like Barry's going to lose his speed until the second to last episode. We have like five episodes to go. :downs:

Based on what Kevin Smith's said about his episode he'll have his speed back by then

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
Who did Wells kill that Jesse kept referring to? For some reason I don't remember that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

CaptainCaveman posted:

Who did Wells kill that Jesse kept referring to? For some reason I don't remember that.

Turtle guy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Can we just have an episode where Flash and co use poo poo intelligently for a change? Like seriously, have near invisible wire or fishing line or something in one of the routes you're using. At the speed Zoom runs if he hits it he's going to be half the man he used to be. I miss Arrow season ones writing talent on this show.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 27, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CaptainCaveman posted:

He killed The Turtle, the guy with the slowing-time powers, because he wanted to weaponize that ability to use against Zoom. Extracted some sort of gland or something out of his brain via his nose.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 27, 2016

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Zebulon posted:

He killed The Turtle, guy guy with the slowing-time powers, because he wanted to weaponize that ability to use against Zoom. Extracted some sort of gland or something out of his brain via his nose.

Oh yeah. I'd completely forgotten about him. Thanks!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Did anyone sit down and listen to the tapping to see if he said something different this time? Are these writers good enough to actually use a coherent code?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why did that guy turn young again when he died?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why did that guy turn young again when he died?

speed_force_i_aint_gotta_explain_shit.gif

computer parts posted:

In just one episode they did a good job characterizing Zoom as a creepy weirdo.

I hope Zoom conquers earth-1

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahaha is Wells-2 really planning on blowing up Central City a third time?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Scyantific posted:

He's got experience doing it right if nothing else.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Stick with what you know!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Scyantific posted:

Gotta give Wally and Jesse their powers somehow.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Personally I like how they straight up killed the guy affected by Wells' explosion rather than making any attempt or even offer to fix him using super science and their billion dollar lab.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ekeog posted:

Personally I like how they straight up killed the guy affected by Wells' explosion rather than making any attempt or even offer to fix him using super science and their billion dollar lab.

Never even crossed their mind to help him.

Zoom is the hero this earth needs.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Am I the only one who wishes that the predominant method of dealing with bad guys in this show was subduing them in a way that absolves the anguish that makes them a villain and slowly creates a team of sidekicks that could co-star in new episodes and maybe jail/kill SOME villains? At least a 1/3 redeemed ratio would make me happy. Hell I'll take 1/10 at this point.

Earth 1 needs Snarts is what I'm saying.

Also, where was Pied Piper this episode? He needs more screen time IMO.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Barry with no powers, continues his killstreak on metas.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Never even crossed their mind to help him.

Zoom is the hero this earth needs.

To be fair didn't Barry literally say "Stop Griffin, we can help you!"?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

ded posted:

Barry with no powers, continues his killstreak on metas.

Nothing can stop his insatiable bloodlust except Reverse Flash or Citizen Zoom.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus
If Zoom has conquered the entire planet, why does he hide in some dingy cave?

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
I thought Zoom was supposed to be the serial killer not Barry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was pretty dire. At this point I'd much rather have a sitcom with the two Caitlynn's sharing an apartment and getting into wacky situations of mistaken identity.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Does Barry have a higher kill count than Zoom?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

"Quick thinking Jesse! Get it?" *nudge*

"Every time he exerts himself, he ages!" "Great. So we tell him to take it easy and he'll be able to live a relati..." "No, we just make him hit stuff until he dies of old age."

Could villain of the week have sounded any more Canadian, btw?

odiv fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 27, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So, let me get this straight:

• Barry loses speed
  • Guy is super hulk strength
  • Gets older as he uses it
  • The solution is to punch Slow Flash in the chest until he keels over as an elderly man
  • And Harrison Wells' plan is to detonate another reactor (third time's the charm! :haw:)

Okay, I get that the drama acting stinks, the plot is now fully non-sensical, and the villain's schtick has been done before.

How does no one else love this dumb bad show as much as I do :allears:

e: I am thoroughly looking forward to Hunter being Jay's twin except Wally-2 is in the mask and already the Flash but Jay "Garrick" Soloman shows up to fight himself while Barry and Jesse and Wally-1 run around punching villains and in the background people are breakdancing and spinning on their heads while confetti is coming down and I don't even care anymore, this show owns

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 27, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zebulon posted:

Wells.

C'mon Wells.

We've been through this.

You need to stop blowing up particle accelerators, Wells.

You have a problem, and you need to stop. We can help you, Wells.

"There's no hope for me. I'm actually Jay. Unlike Thawne, I was born this way."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Jay as Earth 2 Flash makes zero sense if he's also Zoom. Wouldn't it gently caress causality if you kill your younger Flash self before he eventually morphs into Zoom?

Also mask dude might be Eobard from Earth 2. It makes sense as he's being kept alive for speed force harvesting or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

*spends the whole episode captive with a guy that got hosed over hard because the particle accelerator blew up*

*decides the best course of action is to repeat this process*

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's our wells

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Am I the only one who thinks the man in the iron mask is Zoom/Jay/Hunters' dad? Zoom has said he's time traveled before. Seems to be in character for him to go and time kidnap the poo poo out of his Dad and throw him in a cage forever.

His dad in the flashback was dressed as a soldier and man in the iron mask used that code Barry said was used in the military. Seems plausible at least.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Titan posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the man in the iron mask is Zoom/Jay/Hunters' dad? Zoom has said he's time traveled before. Seems to be in character for him to go and time kidnap the poo poo out of his Dad and throw him in a cage forever.

His dad in the flashback was dressed as a soldier and man in the iron mask used that code Barry said was used in the military. Seems plausible at least.

It's been suggested but I'm not sure why we "wouldn't believe it" nor would I care.

bof_man
Mar 23, 2006
Value Pack
Wells is the best character.

So if I'm getting this straight, then Cisco's portal is always active once it's been fully opened. And only speedsters can use it. Convenient!

Why is Zoom love-struck with Caitlyn again? Wasn't it his dead Jay past self that developed feelings for her? So Zoom just told himself that if she's good enough for his past self, then she's good enough for him? Sure why not.

How were they able to find Jesse so quick (:haw:) after they found Wells' wrecked van? Yeah ok she lives near the crash site and they guessed that correctly but finding her should still take a while. Did I miss a line or something?

Caitlyn and Iron Mask are being really dumb in regards to communication. Here I thought we'd finally have the Iron Mask reveal by having a smart person in the dungeon for more than 5 minutes.

Still no answer to the dead jay, so what? (you should paradox out of existence) conundrum.

Titan posted:

Yeah some (many?) of us have settled on this. It'd definitely fit with how deranged Zoom is in regards to his parents. Gonna need a way to get an edge on Zoom at the end of the season!

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

bof_man posted:

How were they able to find Jesse so quick (:haw:) after they found Wells' wrecked van? Yeah ok she lives near the crash site and they guessed that correctly but finding her should still take a while. Did I miss a line or something?

Yeah, you missed a line. They were tracking where the van had been and it sat outside Jessie's place for a bit so they at least knew what building she was in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Maybe Hunter Zolomon traveled back in time to fix his hosed up childhood but was left as a time remnant due to the grandfather paradox. So now he's just raging out until such time as he eventually kills his dad in the iron mask and wipes himself from existence.

• Locked thread