Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
+1 Uguu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Nyaa posted:

+1 Uguu

And the anime conspiracy comes to the fore.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Did you expect anything else?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Current standings if you're still figuring out who to wisp:

Czar!: 20 (15+5) Having the Laitache construct the Czar! Ziggurat

Eletheas: 13 (4+9) 11 (4+7) Bestowing the arts of History and Chronicle upon the Silvurtle

Tarix: 13 (10+3) Telling Quintzite, Verre Champition, to spread warnings of war with Deesix

Tidur: 1 (1-1) Splashing a tidal wave at the Aqueau capital, Chromeport (presumably if this doesn't get raised above 1, it'll have the opposite effect??)

Uguu: 17 (11+6) Training Fortugnat sages, free of Deesix's influence, in Animestrology and Mangamancy

27 30 32 wisps have wisped in all so far this round. e: Oh right whoops, it takes two votes to cancel each other out. :doh:

Also Zybourne Clock you've gotten a lot of mileage out of Deesix, not bad for a god who died before his time. :3:

e2: updated for current events

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 25, 2016

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think Wisps may well have more of an imput into this particular age than in the last one, considering how many of us there suddenly seem to be.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

It's been fairly consistent throughout the latter half of the last age. We typically see a few new people trickle in each round while folks who've only posted once or twice in earlier rounds drop off slower.

Age 1 Round 1: 20

Age 1 Round 2: 21

Age 1 Round 3: 27

Age 1 Round 4: 28

Age 2 Round 1: 30

The actual potential player pool is at 45 including the gods, but some of those are people who posted once in age 1 and never came back.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Thank the Gods for ADPs insane need to categorize and count things. Wisping closed!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Dang it! I'm too late to wisp. I was going to -1 Eletheas too because this round I'd like to see more Gods die because their bodies might become fodder for an even cooler age.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Puppies are dicks posted:

Dang it! I'm too late to wisp. I was going to -1 Eletheas too because this round I'd like to see more Gods die because their bodies might become fodder for an even cooler age.

I'll allow it! No updates today unless I get insanely lucky anyhow!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

dog kisser posted:

I'll allow it! No updates today unless I get insanely lucky anyhow!

Insanely good luck or insanely bad luck? (Poor Fortugnats...)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Dropping Eleathas wouldn't cause her more harm, I think. She's lost 1HP from her roll, any Wisp influences are just affecting the outcome of that roll on the Silvurtle. Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Deltasquid posted:

Dropping Eleathas wouldn't cause her more harm, I think. She's lost 1HP from her roll, any Wisp influences are just affecting the outcome of that roll on the Silvurtle. Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.

The auto HP loss is only on a roll of 1 - Wisps absolutely have an influence on HP loss and Action effectiveness otherwise!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Same for me, I just caught up -1 Eletheas

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

dog kisser posted:

The auto HP loss is only on a roll of 1 - Wisps absolutely have an influence on HP loss and Action effectiveness otherwise!

Indeed! See the very first action of the game when a bunch of wisps pushed Catmandu over 10 and prevented her from losing HP :)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

and just for shits and giggles, and because I want to see which race Uguu chibifies first, +1 Uguu

This wisp has wisped 2 times

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 26, 2016

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
+1 Uguu

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I also feel Uguu is missing something, a tilde perhaps

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Uguu needs to earn the tilde. :colbert:

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This hand of mine is BURNING RED! Its loud roar tells me to vote Uguu.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Save your votes, little wisplets! Wisping is closed. :nyoron:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I think it's still open though?

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
No its not that was just a last minute vote that got in.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

I'll allow them just because ultimately they're not changing any of the God's stats - no HP loss or gains, no real impacts on events except minor ones. I always want participation to be rewarded though, so feel free to increment your Wisp scores.

However, NOW Wisping is closed! Update is today, at some point.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Second Age of the Gods began with a bang. The first clue came from the Glass Spires - attuned to the Silver Song, they thrummed an alarm that sent the People of Chromeport scrambling. Silvurtle and Aqueau alike took cover, but where was there to hide from the force of a God? The whistling from the sky increased until the Spires were shrieking with resonance - and then it shattered in the air, fragments of a God raining down like blazing spears. Tidur’s awareness dimmed from a moment from the shock, but when it returned he surveyed the results of his attack.

A spattering of molten Silver to the south, already congealing into new islands, and Chromeport pierced with strangely regular holes. The Silvurtle examined the holes, finding that something about their stucture or orientation actually increased the power and flexibility of the Silver Song! Even the wind blowing through the holes filled Chromeport with pleasant rumbles of deep sound. They thanked the mysterious force that had granted them such a boon with loud and extensive prayers of goodwill!

-O-
A trickle of prayer makes its way to Tidur, a directionless, confused thing.
”Oh God, ye who mold this world with powerful hands, should we take after you? Should we experiment with the world?

(TIDUR LOSES 2 HP! Chromeport has gained the Amplifier trait, and the Silvurtle have learned how to improve their Instruments!

Their Population remains 8.)

-O-

The blessings continued with a kind voice from a bright sky. Her voice falters at first, but - buoyed by the Wisps surrounding her - she gains in conviction and clarity. Her words awaken something in the Silvurtle and their Aqueau allies, calling forth memories lost in time. Suddenly, they simply must tell someone! A great clamour arose in Chromeport, a babble of stories being told and retold and remembered - until one brave soul scribed the first words: “In the Beginning…” And from there it spread like a slow flame, touching upon those few wise enough to learn.

This knowledge is nothing new to the Aqueau, who have been passing down detailed stories for generations. But to keep this knowledge in tangible form? To copy it and disperse it so that all may know? How novel! They too join in, dictating to the Silverscribes their histories, so that both People may benefit!

-O-

A small question reaches Eleathas’ divine awareness, and she ponders an answer.
”Oh Wise Goddess, I have always wondered - what are the points of light in the night sky?

(The Silvurtle learn Basic Writing and History. Only a small group has learned so far, but with time it will spread - unless the knowledge is held back.

Quintzite the Thrice Pure changed one day. He came upon a group of his People with silent grace and called them towards him. Though they mistrusted his strange ways and his appearance, they were drawn to him by his whispered commands. He spoke to them, angled in such a way that the light caused him to glow brightly to their eyes. The Tyrant King rumbled down below, they had all heard it. And hadn’t some of the Glass People disappeared of late, taken by strange beasts in the night? He did not mince words - war was coming.

A chorus of arguments broke out among the group and those who had been gathered by the commotion. Some begged to hide, others to flee from his territory, others to find the Tyrant King in his lair and take the fight to him. Quintzite shushed them, and their words shattered and fell. He shook his head slowly, and told them that they would watch and wait for now - and spread the word to their allies. They would have need of them, soon enough.

-O-
Quintzite paused in his travels one night, in silent contemplation. He barely breathed the question, but Tarix heard it clear:
”Great God, I see these lights gazing down upon me like I thousand eyes, piercing me even in my invisibility. What are the moving points of light in the sky?”

(The Verre have gained a Hero - Quintzite the Thrice Pure! Quintzite has Master Stealth and Sound Dampening, allowing him to travel Somewhere with near-impunity. However, he is a Pariah - he is not well liked, even by his own People. Some even find him Terrifying.

Their Population remains 5.)

The Talismangaka - as they came to be known - were extremely surprised by Uguu’s sudden appearance into their world. The Tyrant King was known to be all-powerful - and yet this strange spirit had whisked them away from him without the slightest bit of effort, and even removed their shackles. Could this be a... Goddess? They had heard rumours from others, long before their imprisonment below. They praised her - and then she forced them to work, even caging two others that had not met her standards. A fearful, capricious creature - but far less brutal, even so.

Her task was monumental in the extreme. Her powers allowed her to create images in the air, and she demanded the same of them. But they were mere mortals - and worthless besides. They lamented - but she forced them ahead with a sort of manic glee. Using the remnant Glass of the tools of their bondage and some fractured dicestone, they figured out how to create a sort of flat image; Uguu called it ‘drawing’.

For ink, they found a novel source - hated Water, mixed with fragments of their own shattered bodies. With different mixtures, they gained different shades. A painful process - but then, they were used to pain.

-O-

Another breakthrough - a mortal means to create Animegifs, discovered by San. Four images, drawn on the faces of a cube of dicestone, spun just so… and:

For the first time in a long time, the Talismangaka felt proud. Uguu bade them to go out into the People and share their Mangastones and Animegifs and so they did, with something like determination! They left the images in hidden places, far from the prying eye of the Tyrant and his Anomalice, for the others to find. The mere sight of the images brought joy into the failing hearts of the slaves, but it kindled something more… the seeds of rebellion, and the desire to learn how to produce such works themselves!

-O-

A furtive prayer reaches Uguu’s awareness, from Ni, one of the Talismangaka.
”Goddess… I do not like the dark. It is all dark here, down below, and I long for the light. Why must there be darkness? What of the dark places in the world?”

(The Fortugnat gain a Group - the six Talismangaka (Ichi, Ni, San, Shi, Go, and Roku) - who have learned Basic Writing and Basic Drawing, as well as Basic Mangamancy. Mangamancy allows the inscription of charmed images that influence the viewer - with higher levels granting more influence.

Their Population remains 2. The Anomalice Population remains 4.
)

The Aqueau have had an interesting few days. First the godly blow to Chromeport, then the excitement of Writing. And now a strange message from their Verre contacts - a threat from below, and so close to Chromeport! A panic spread through the Aqueau unlike any they had known before. Many fled Chromeport altogether, opting to steer clear of the threat entirely. But those who remained had a dire choice… to tell the Silvurtle or not? They didn’t want to cause a panic over the word of the unpredictable Verre - and the messenger himself had seemed less than convinced, as though he doubted his own source. In the end, a much greater distraction took their minds off the matter.

A Remnant of their God, powerful and wild, burst forth from the lake to the northeast. In a matter of days, the news had spread to all Aqueau and to their allies. Looming massive in the water and projecting into the sky, it seemed to be waiting for something - or someone.

(The Aqueau gained more Independence. They have opted not to tell the Silvurtle about the threat of the Tyrant King.

The Aqueau have discovered a Artifact, Flow-Down-Ages. It can be used once this Age, then it will vanish until next Age. It is indestructible. It can be used by a Hero or non-Hero equally, but they must be sent by a God. In the event that multiple People are sent to the Artifact, the highest roll will win. The Trait taken is random, but the Traits available can be chosen next round by the drinker.

The Laitache all perked up at the voice from above. After their God had left them, they had been living aimlessly here on their ParaDice for generations, with only his Remnant Idol to console them. This new voice from the heavens was new and exciting - and loud! The Laitache jumped right to it, immediately grabbing chunks of material and holding up for inspection. The Heavy Caste’s offerings were found to be much more desirable than the meagre fragments that the Light were able to lift (even under the Idol’s influence), but the Light found that they could still be of use - planning and coordination came naturally to them. With CZAR!’s help, the Laitache began to Build!

The Laitache paused with pride as their first Building went up, a long-dormant sense of racial camaradery spreading through the assembled Castes - but then CZAR! called them to work once again, and they went to it with gusto!

-O-

A prayer reaches CZAR!’s perfect hearing, courtesy of a Heavy Caste labourer while he works.
”Great God… we had a God before, you know. There are two Gods. Are there more? There are many Laitache. Light Caste Laitache are the bosses. Are you the boss? Are you the Head God?

(The Laitache have learned Building - they will build houses to house their population, and can build other things now that they know how. Building a BIG AND FLASHY Building will take a while, but they’ll add a bit more every Round automatically.

Their Population remains 6 - 3 Heavy, 3 Light. )

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 27, 2016

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tidur, God of Rude Awakenings

HP 1

In the cacophony of his tumultuous awakening, Tidur found himself scattered. The crash had sent his constituent godliness in all directions, filling the sky with shimmering points of crimson light. In this state, Tidur calmed. Not enough to offset the tremendous anger that fueled his every waking moment, but enough to provide some perspective. It heard the music that the Silvurtles sang, and sang loudly and for a moment his instincts told him to try again and this time to do it right, but he contemplated for the first time. He regarded their volume, and how it seemed to reach every piece of his shattered existence. It was a focus point, and he used their song and it's serenity to slowly pull himself together.

The holes he made, they were celebrating them. His destruction had only created more joy. More of him coagulated, forming islands of opinion that began to clash and merge. They were shining, so bright. So loud! No one would sleep while this din continued. But they were so LOUD and they woke you up in the first place! His existence struggled to stay independent, as he considered that perhaps his purpose was to be woken, and they had simply wrought his coming. He looked upon the others, the more quiet of this world's denizens, and how other entities like him were helping them awaken to new truths and arts. But there was no time for that now. He could already feel that he had lost so much of himself in reentry, and that he could disappear all too soon. Using all of his willpower, he pulled on every individual shard and cluster of his being to begin reformation over the Silvurtle captial.

A voice formed, and stretched out to the Silvurtle people so that they may hear him. It sounded so incredibly angry, and yet...encouraging?

"Yes! Let your song grow ever louder! Learn from my gift and make it bigger! Louder! LOUDER!"

Above them he formed a great face as the last of him resettled over Chromesport, a great and angry visage that seemed to shake the very air with its words. "WHILE CHROMESPORT SINGS, THE WORLD SHALL NOT SLEEP!"

His attention moved. Someone yet slept, through all this noise. He sought him out instantly, his reach infinite even with the great losses of himself. Sterling, the Lazy. A boy who could sleep through anything. Some part of this tiny creature reminded him of his old aspect, and with a force that would wake even the dead, Tidur made himself known. "You shall be my champion. You who values sleep above all else, will never sleep again, until this world has heard the loudest of all songs!" A portion of his massive power flowed into the confused and scared Silvurtle, both his sleeplessness and anger imprinting on the simple mortal. "You shall sing songs of anger, songs louder than any before! Pave a way to a louder, more sleepless future, for my time here is short!

Tidur makes himself known to the Silvurtle and bades them to grow ever LOUDER, as he imparts part of his crumbling essence into a new Hero. 1d20: 9 [1d20=9]

Juchero fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 27, 2016

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

+1 to Tidur

Wisp Count: 2

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Trying to make the chill Turtle babies angry through song!? May the turts be ever calm!

-1 to Tidur

Wisp Count: 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Cool new (possibly work in progress) logo courtesy of forums poster Gravedust

3 HP

From somewhere between the burgeoning streets of CZARMARK, a small voice, a voice that would have been almost impossible for CZAR! to hear if there was anything in existence that was impossible for THE MAJESTY THAT IS CZAR!

dog kisser posted:

"Are you the boss? Are you the Head God?

CZAR! regarded the creature for a while in regal silence, before finally responding:

"GAZE UPON MY FORM, MY SERVANT! SEE MY GREAT GOLDEN MAILED FIST AND HOW THE LIGHT GLINTS OFF OF IT!"

In the sky, THE GREAT GOLDEN MAILED FIST OF CZAR! clenched in a victorious fist and pumped across the skies.

"SEE MY GLITTERING PLATINUM BREASTPLATE AND THE OBVIOUS POWER IT HOLDS!"

THE GLITTERING PLATINUM (what is platinum???) CHESTPLATE OF CZAR! bulged with Godly energy barely contained.

"SEE MY FORM, AND REALIZE IN YOUR HEART THAT THE REGENCY OF CZAR! ABOVE ALL IS SELF-EVIDENT!"

The fist descended, pointing at The Laitache once more.

"AND YOUR GREATNESS, MY SUBJECTS, WILL HAVE TO BE SELF-EVIDENT AS WELL! JUST AS THE MIGHTY CZAR!, YOU MUST PROVE YOUR SUPERIORITY TO LESSER BEINGS BY YOUR PHYSICAL FORM ALONE!"

"AND IN THIS TASK, YOU SHALL HAVE MY BLESSING FOR NO LESS IS BEFIT OF THE SERVANTS OF THE GREATEST OF THE GREAT!"

"LISTEN TO MY DECREE:"

"WHERE OTHERS TREAD THE GROUND, THE LAITACHE SOAR! WHERE OTHERS STALK THE MUD, THE SERVANTS OF CZAR! WALK THE GENTLE WINDS AS GLORIOUS AND AWE INSPIRING ANGELS! YOU WILL FLY ON GREAT RESPLENDENT WINGS OF INCANDESCENT FLAME AND LIGHT! WITH YOUR COUNTENANCE, YOU SHALL STRIKE AWE IN THE HEARTS OF ALL!"

"BUT!"

An ominous beat

"FIRST YOU MUST HEAR THE SECOND LESSON OF GREATNESS!"

"THE LESSON OF CONFIDENCE! KNOW THAT ALL I HAVE DESCRIBED IS POSSIBLE, EASILY POSSIBLE FOR THE MIGHT THAT IS CZAR!"

"BUT YOU MUST BELIEVE IN YOUR SUCCESS AS WELL, FOR WITHOUT CONVICTION NO SUCCESS CAN BE HAD! IF YOU SET YOUR GOALS HIGH AND SEEK THEM WITHOUT COMPROMISE, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CANNOT ACHIEVE!"

With a sudden and terrible quake, THE MIGHTY RUBY-STUDDED (what are rubies???) FOREARM BRACER OF CZAR! swept the lands of CZARMARK, sending a great number of Laitache, Heavy and Light caste alike, careening straight off the edge of their floating island.

"SO REACH FOR YOUR WINGS, SERVANTS OF CZAR! TAKE YOUR LESSON TO HEART!"

CZAR! watched as the Laitache fell.

"SPREAD TO ALL THE LANDS, SPREAD THE WORD OF CZAR! TO ALL THE PEOPLES AND GATHER GIFTS AND TREASURE IN HIS HONOR!"

CZAR! is punting a lot of Laitache straight off the island, because even pigs cows can fly with THE POWER OF HUBRIS!

Roll: 16

fly, my pretty angels~

hell, maybe they'll even race to the Fountain Artifact first with their new wings.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 27, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

totally +1ing the punting because conflict and intrigue!

This wisp has flexed 3 times

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Maybe the anger-song could be used to prepare for wiping out the anomalice, if the aqueau or someone else tells the silvurtles.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Waci posted:

Maybe the anger-song could be used to prepare for wiping out the anomalice, if the aqueau or someone else tells the silvurtles.

Who needs an anger song when the Aqueau have a button that can make the anomalice passive so the Aqueau can just murder them? :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
The god that crashed was nearly done for. Just a little push...

-1 to Tidur.

But no. There was a greater need, a better cause. As the Wisp looked down upon Somewhere, it saw a chance for Somewhere to look back. That was worth more than a failed kill.

+1 to Eleathas

Four times has Somewhere known this Wisp.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 27, 2016

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

-1 Tidur

I've wisped twice

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

AJ_Impy posted:

The god that crashed was nearly done for. Just a little push...

-1 to Tidur.

Four times has Somewhere known this Wisp.

Mmm yes. Nothing personal against you AR, but glory to the new Age!

Counting my ghost Wisp from before: 6

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Killing Tidur doesn't bring us any closer to age ending, and if anything more interesting artifacts are created if more Gods are alive at the end of the Age.

+1 to Tidur

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

All across the cosmos, Wisps banded together in anticipation of a god's demise. A strange sound was heard far and wide

"Womp womp"

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Mmm yes. Nothing personal against you AR, but glory to the new Age!

Counting my ghost Wisp from before: 6

Don't worry, either way I end up dead after this action unless the voting goes way off. Even so, I've already had a lot of fun!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Absurd Revolver posted:

Don't worry, either way I end up dead after this action unless the voting goes way off. Even so, I've already had a lot of fun!

S'a shame you went out so soon though.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Hexenritter posted:

S'a shame you went out so soon though.

Tidur, the God of Wasted Opportunities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I'm holding back my wisp action until the other gods post, but punting the Laitache off the floating island is a dick move!

• Locked thread