Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Gavok posted:

An undead angel with divine guns who would shoot the demons responsible for his family's deaths.

Sorry you asked.

Kinda sounds like the Spectre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

You actually do need to check these things with the authorities on the issue.

Turns out he was right and he did get her back. :v

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

That's because the entirety of OMD is basically set dressing for Joe Quesada telling the readers 'I'm getting rid of the marriage (and writing MJ out of the book), because I say so'. It was basically the endgame ever since he got in the big chair (since he'd accomplished the two other things he wanted - making mutants a minority again & making heroes stop trusting each other - with House of M & Civil War).

Quesada did lots of good for Marvel, but it makes me laugh every time I read his three major goals. The X-Men still haven't recovered and HoM and CW are two of the worst Marvel crossovers.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SynthOrange posted:

Turns out he was right and he did get her back. :v

And then when Rick and Marlo get married, Death - as in Neil Gaiman Death from Sandman - is a guest at the wedding (and leaves early because she doesn't want to chance running into Thanos).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

"Ugh, gotta go guys. No, no, it's not you, it's just my creepy stalker ex. He has this whole thing. It's weird and usually involves omnicide. I don't want to mess with this whole...business, but, anyways, yeah. Kisses, love you both, bye!"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Toxxupation posted:

"Ugh, gotta go guys. No, no, it's not you, it's just my creepy stalker ex. He has this whole thing. It's weird and usually involves omnicide. I don't want to mess with this whole...business, but, anyways, yeah. Kisses, love you both, bye!"

That's pretty much how it went down.

Also, she gave Marlo a brush.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That's pretty much how it went down.

Also, she gave Marlo a brush.

That sounds adorable. Does anyone have panels?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not in my panels bucket, but they're the second Comic Legend here - http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/07/22/comic-book-legends-revealed-324/

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So it looks like DC is gonna reveal the TRUE identity of the Joker ... and it's not who you think!

So my guess is Bruce Wayne's secret, unknown brother.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

His real name is The Joker. It's a weird coincidence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

His real name is Wayne Bruce.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

His real name is The Joker. It's a weird coincidence.

How many Elseworlds have used "Joeseph Kerr" as is alias?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think a better question at this point is who cares? Having a "true name" adds nothing to the character because it's not like he's hanging around at home during his downtime.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

How many Elseworlds have used "Joeseph Kerr" as his alias?

I think just Going Sane, and that was LOTDK.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
It turns out the Joker's real name is "Bruce Wayne". The man we've known as Bruce Wayne aka Batman is actually a time displaced copy of Terry McGinnis, who had his memory wiped and the memories of Bruce Wayne inserted into him by let's go with Hugo Strange.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only interesting answer would be if they stole the Gaiman version where it was Alfred. It was from a story where he was Batman but it was a realistic world so there weren't any supervillains. To help Bruce Alfred gets all his old acting friends together and they become Batman's rogues gallery, with Alfred playing the part of the Joker.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

muscles like this? posted:

I think a better question at this point is who cares? Having a "true name" adds nothing to the character because it's not like he's hanging around at home during his downtime.

Yeah. Just being the antithesis to Batman or a force of chaos or whatever is pretty good. Having multiple origin stories and all of them being unreliable fits so well with the character.

Oh and I guess there already was a secret Wayne brother and he is an Owlman or something. Hmmmm.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah but you can tell from the reaction there it's not just giving him a name.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The Joker's true name....is...

Clark. Kent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Toxxupation posted:

Clark. Kent.

No. That's not possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

Clark. Kent.

Clark Joseph Kernt.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

X-O posted:

No. That's not possible.

Yeah you're right, sorry.

Kal-El. His name is Kal-El.

What about Jo-Kal-El. That'll be his name.See it turns out that he engineered the destruction of Krypton and then piloted his ship to earth (all as a baby, natch) then duped everyone in Metropolis to believe he is, in fact, Superman only to get close to Batman so he'd reveal all of this and truly prove, once and for all, that he and Batman are exactly alike. Also that's why he had the Joker imposter he coerced with...let's go with Scarecrow fear gas to believe he was the Joker cut his own face off, because he was never the true face of the Joker maaaaan.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I've been reading Pluto and really digging it. Manga is not usually my jam but this is pretty good. I was wondering why the first few pages in the book were in color so I posed the question to google and here is one response....

quote:

Well manga is normally a weekly thing where as western style comics are monthly in most cases however the story suffers for all the great coloring but manga on the other hand truly shows talent in drawing and the story rarely falters. And coloring manga would really kill the mangaka lol. My 2 cents.........

Anyway. Maybe the Joker is like literally the devil ... dude.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 27, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Joker's real name is Ted Kord. I loving dare you, DC.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
There's only ever been one Red Hood. :tinfoil:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I mean, the answer is surely Joe Chill.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Gavok posted:

Joker's real name is Leslie Thompkins. I loving dare you, DC.

as for my actual guess though, what's the current status of Commissioner Gordon's other kid, James Jr. or whatever? The one from "The Black Mirror". I mean, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in terms of the timeline, but nothing about Batman's timeline makes sense in the current stuff anyways and I honestly can't imagine any pre-existing character for whom being the Joker "all along" or whatever makes any sense.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

You actually do need to check these things with the authorities on the issue.

To be fair, Aunt May wasn't actually dead at this point, just in a coma. Also the X-Men had a kid on the roster who once regrew someone's heart from scratch in seconds. But nope, only Satan can help, because Joe Quesada is apparently pathologically opposed to divorce (Jean was supposed to divorce Scott in New X-Men, but that got shot down).

Mr Hootington posted:

Quesada did lots of good for Marvel, but it makes me laugh every time I read his three major goals. The X-Men still haven't recovered and HoM and CW are two of the worst Marvel crossovers.
I mean, Quesada did more or less save modern Marvel, but he also serves as a illustration of the problem when a fan of a shared universe gets put in a position where he can dictate the direction of that universe - often they will cater to their own preferences for how things 'should' be. See also Geoff Johns at DC finally making his fan letter idea of Lex Luthor being Superboy's human 'parent' canon, as well as resurrected Hal & Barry. I mean, I'll be honest I (and a fair few other BSS posters) would probably also do that sort of thing if I was giving that kind of power. (Avengers Academy will get its own series again! The Spider-Marriage and Baby May will be back with a vengeance! All-New Wolverine will quit the X-Men again and become an Avenger! ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!)

sporklift posted:

So it looks like DC is gonna reveal the TRUE identity of the Joker ... and it's not who you think!

So my guess is Bruce Wayne's secret, unknown brother.
It's Martha - it was Flashpoint Joker all along!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

His real name is Wayne Bruce.

Wuss Brain.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

My money's on Johns rehashing Degaton's M.O. and making Joker a figure that is deliberately planted in Batman's way just to make him sad.

This explanation will fly for all of five seconds before Rebirth makes Joker anonymous all over again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ok I've got it, this is Joker's real name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABIlYnN8YVo

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tunklord Supreme posted:

as for my actual guess though, what's the current status of Commissioner Gordon's other kid, James Jr. or whatever? The one from "The Black Mirror". I mean, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in terms of the timeline, but nothing about Batman's timeline makes sense in the current stuff anyways and I honestly can't imagine any pre-existing character for whom being the Joker "all along" or whatever makes any sense.

James Jr showed up in the New 52 Batgirl before Stewart and Tarr took over I believe.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if there's an in-universe meme about Ted Cruz being the Joker?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are we going to get JOKER IDENTITY RANDOM GUESS avatars now? I call Renee Montoya.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The chair told Batman that Joker's real name is Jack Napier, his reply was "That's impossible" because he thought that was only canon in the 89 movie and that one episode of the animated series.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Space Fish posted:

This explanation will fly for all of five seconds before Rebirth makes Joker anonymous all over again.

The answer is coming months into Rebirth, or rather, they teased the event. They could still not actually say, like so many Nick Furys whispering in Thor ears.

Before the Rebirth showcase, I assumed he'd lose all of the Metron chair answers as soon as he left the thing. I think that's how it should've gone.

On the last page of Darkseid War, Steve Trevor asks Batman what that whole Joker thing was about, and Bruce vows to not rest until he's pushed Metron off of the chair once more.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 27, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"The Joker's true name is Kenji Kong."

"No, that's not possible. That's a Chinese surname and a Japanese given name!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Joker's real name will be "K. Söze".

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

"His true name is 'Loki AgentOfAsgard'".

THAT'S RIGHT FUCKERS CROSSOVERS ARE BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

sporklift posted:

I've been reading Pluto and really digging it. Manga is not usually my jam but this is pretty good. I was wondering why the first few pages in the book were in color so I posed the question to google and here is one response.....

I believe it is because the schedule for making and releasing manga is so insane, color is only used on really special occasions or as a special bonus. Manga artists live on such a strict schedule already that the time it takes to make it all in color would delay the process. There are some that are all color but those have less of a frequency than the weekly/biweekly magazines

• Locked thread