Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ffta is fun because you do one two three tricks and then you're insanely powerful and crushing dreams for the rest of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

oddium posted:

ffta is fun because you do one two three tricks and then you're insanely powerful and crushing dreams for the rest of the game

From what I understand, that's also the story of the game. Except you're doing it to your friends.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
ffta is a game about a boring motherfucker ruining everyone's fun and that's exactly how i played it

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

HMS Boromir posted:

ffta is a game about a boring motherfucker ruining everyone's fun and that's exactly how i played it
It's funny how FFTA utterly bungles its message of how escapism is bad and just makes the protagonist look like the main villain.

"Okay guys, time to genocide this world so we can go back to our pathetic, miserable lives."

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I want overwatch to be out right now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Accordion Man posted:

It's funny how FFTA utterly bungles its message of how escapism is bad and just makes the protagonist look like the main villain.

"Okay guys, time to genocide this world so we can go back to our pathetic, miserable lives."

it's either not a real world or its a real world where a bunch of people got turned into mindless monsters and zombies and poo poo, either way it's not good to be keeping it around

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"staying forever inside a videogame is bad"

"haha i know better you loving idiot" -- a goon

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
smdh if you dont wanna be turned into a slime or a goblin or whatever

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ghost in the Shell: First Assault is free for the weekend, and I actually kind of dig it.

It'll probably be terrible/get worst but for now its a lot of fun for me.

Isn't it a korean cash grab team fortress with all the models copied pasted over from some other GITS game?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

corn in the bible posted:

"staying forever inside a videogame is bad"

"haha i know better you loving idiot" -- a goon

I was about to quote to agree (and still am) when I realized it was corn in the bible writing this post, what the hell happened to your title

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It rather loses the point of the message when Ivalice is supposed to be a real world, like even if people from their own world were turned into monsters it doesn't realy justify trying to wipe out Ivalice and all its sentient population.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

HMS Boromir posted:

smdh if you dont wanna be turned into a slime or a goblin or whatever

I want to be a Judge

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
FF12's story is quite good once you realized the main character was added at the last moment to make the game appeal to younger people.

"I wanna be a sky pirate"

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tenzarin posted:

FF12's story is quite good once you realized the main character was added at the last moment to make the game appeal to younger people.

FF12's story is good its just that its barely there, which is the biggest problem.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

I like games where you play as a grizzled and crotchety old man. Like The Last of Us and to a lesser degree The Witcher 3.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Accordion Man posted:

It rather loses the point of the message when Ivalice is supposed to be a real world, like even if people from their own world were turned into monsters it doesn't realy justify trying to wipe out Ivalice and all its sentient population.

Yeah but then they get to be alive again and not goblins. I mean, one could ask "what's better, working at Taco Bell as a cashier or being a fantasy goblin," I don't know the answer to that. I've been one of those and it was pretty terrible.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
ama being a fantasy goblin

That star fox cartoon was great. I got a real Sealab/Frisky Dingo vibe from it but it had its own thing going on. Got a few laughs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snak posted:

I like games where you play as a grizzled and crotchety old man. Like The Last of Us and to a lesser degree The Witcher 3.

That is literally the story if they actually went through with Basch as the main character.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
didn't nobody ever get murdered in ivalice unless they went to the jagds like a jingus

seemed like a pretty fun time to me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I was about to quote to agree (and still am) when I realized it was corn in the bible writing this post, what the hell happened to your title

well, it's from this

https://vimeo.com/13734735

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

bloodychill posted:

That star fox cartoon was great. I got a real Sealab/Frisky Dingo vibe from it but it had its own thing going on. Got a few laughs.

It reminded me of Venture Bros more than anything. I really like Wolf in it, they were really great at getting across what their interpretation of him is pretty quickly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ivalice was real and fun and people could do magic and bullies got turned into zombies. cool people like me would be in a clan though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ivalice has rabbit girls, please burn it to the ground

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Snak posted:

Wow, if those were displayed in a list so I could read the titles, I might be able to skim through them and see if there is anything I want, but gently caress reading the stylized text on thumbnails to see what the loving games are.

Good news! There's a button at the bottom that says "View Full List" that does exactly what you're asking for!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

Isn't it a korean cash grab team fortress with all the models copied pasted over from some other GITS game?

Maybe but I'm having fun and never really cared much for TF2 so who gives a poo poo :shrug:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bloodychill posted:

The guy who makes it has been doing animation on the internet for like 15 years. It's weird that a dude I first saw drinking Windex on Albinoblacksheep and drawing conservative furry comics about his crush on Ann Coulter on Livejournal actually wound up making something good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Guy Mann posted:

a dude I first saw drinking Windex on Albinoblacksheep and drawing conservative furry comics about his crush on Ann Coulter on Livejournal

Every part of this is designed to make me feel gross I think. It's doing a good job of that anyway.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy Mann posted:

The guy who makes it has been doing animation on the internet for like 15 years. It's weird that a dude I first saw drinking Windex on Albinoblacksheep and drawing conservative furry comics about his crush on Ann Coulter on Livejournal actually wound up making something good.

I guess you really can't judge a book on the first half of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The best Final Fantasy, both gameplay and plotwise, is FFX-2. Everybody says 6 for streetcred or like 4 if you're a real contrarian hero, but search your heart, and you know it to be true. X-2 is the best.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Star Fox cartoon thing looks like poo poo and everything has poo poo filters all over it for no reason and the humour is terrible.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The best Final Fantasy, both gameplay and plotwise, is FFX-2. Everybody says 6 for streetcred or like 4 if you're a real contrarian hero, but search your heart, and you know it to be true. X-2 is the best.

:agreed:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey Banner Saga 2 came out earlier this month

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Great Joe posted:

The Star Fox cartoon thing looks like poo poo and everything has poo poo filters all over it for no reason and the humour is terrible.

which of the two are we talking about again?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

I want overwatch to be out right now

is it better/worse than tf2?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New COD looking good

They have an anime avatar, it checks out