Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This one would be better if he were saying "SAD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Stinky_Pete posted:

Then why all the fuss about Sanders supporters not throwing their full-throated effort in for Clinton?

Your twisting my words a bit here. Let's disregard the few but vocal Sanders supporters who are "revolution now or I take my toys and go home" which is where I think this discussion started because they don't matter beyond being annoying on Facebook.

My problem with most Sanders supporters who aren't willing to vote for Hillary is that they don't see her representing their interests, but they don't think about the interests she does represent beyond Wall Street, namely women and minorities. Those groups have more to lose from a Republican presidency than the young, white liberals who largely made up the Bernie base. Bernie-supporters should be aware that they are possibly putting other people's necks on the line for their principles, and make their choice with that in mind. And they should do that not just because it a decent thing to do, thinking about the consequences of your actions beyond just yourself, but because thinking about the needs of women and minorities beyond just the ones that align with white liberals needs is the key to success in the next leftist movement. If a Bernie supporter can think about all that but still can't bring themselves to vote for Hillary, that's fine because hopefully they're thinking 'how can I get those groups on board' next time.

Sorry, calls to drop it came up while I was writing. I'm done.

there wolf fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 28, 2016

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

there wolf posted:

You're twisting my words a bit here. Let's disregard ... most Sanders supporters who aren't willing to vote for Hillary

Sorry, calls to take it to YCS came up while I was writing. I'm done.

Okay

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

dijon du jour posted:

No no, that looks legit. Weed is like chocolate, and melts from the warmth of your hand so you can drink it through the weed straw. But you need to use a lighter to burn off the industrial byproducts that come out the smokestack or the EPA will come after you. :420:

You joke but Dials admitted on his site that he had no clue how a bong worked (and indeed took this fact as proof that he was more morally upstanding than devil weed smokers).

Also people always miss that the best part of this toon is the absolutely hosed perspective for the terrain on both sides of the wall

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Kwyndig posted:

That's crazy. How the hell are you supposed to be in any way topical with a 2 week lead time. No wonder print is slowly dying..

It's a safeguard. By having a backlog, they don't have to worry about strips missing a day.

Honestly, I think a lot of webcomic artists would benefit if they draw their comics far in advance like the syndicated guys do. Obviously, that won't work as well if the comic is topical, but other than that...

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 28, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

You stay topical by being very general and paying attention to the news. I think most people would look at the primary two weeks ago and assume Hillary and Trump are still going to be in, so just make jokes about that. Ridiculously bold claims, like "The primary will be so close that Clinton wins via superdelegates" was stupid even two weeks ago, and I assume it's just Stantis being dishonest more than anything.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You joke but Dials admitted on his site that he had no clue how a bong worked (and indeed took this fact as proof that he was more morally upstanding than devil weed smokers).

Also people always miss that the best part of this toon is the absolutely hosed perspective for the terrain on both sides of the wall

My favorite part is Mr. 99% Backwards BongMan wearing the jeans, sandals, and tie-dye peace-sign headband like he just zapped in straight out of Woodstock during Janis Joplin's set. It's that attention to detail that makes me ask "How loving old is Dials anyway, 80?"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sandpuppy posted:

My favorite part is Mr. 99% Backwards BongMan wearing the jeans, sandals, and tie-dye peace-sign headband like he just zapped in straight out of Woodstock during Janis Joplin's set. It's that attention to detail that makes me ask "How loving old is Dials anyway, 80?"

I like how the guy in the hat is based on a young Obama.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

And the other guy is wearing, like, a polo shirt, khakis, and a boater hat :confused:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the absolutely hosed perspective for the terrain on both sides of the wall

They're literally high on grass

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Stinky_Pete posted:

They're literally high on grass

:aaaaa:

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.
haha no idea if it's real or not, I got it on Twitter.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

TVs Patrick Duffy posted:

haha no idea if it's real or not, I got it on Twitter.

It is not (as in, a real Ben Garrison cartoon). The guy is one of 4chan's perpetual buttmonkeys of abuse.

https://thenib.com/the-internet-s-most-trolled-cartoonist-91a92d9b7585#.hioxc541d

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

If Hatsune Miku is real then so is "Zyklon Ben" Garrison.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
Hey everybody, my girlfriend scored us tickets to a live-action political cartoon tonight: the Donald Trump rally. In Orange County. Thoughts and prayers appreciated!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Volcanic Vents posted:

Hey everybody, my girlfriend scored us tickets to a live-action political cartoon tonight: the Donald Trump rally. In Orange County. Thoughts and prayers appreciated!

I pray you aren't black or muslim.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Volcanic Vents posted:

This augmented reality trend is going too far

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That teddy bear is doing the :iamafag: face.

A Giants: Citizen Kabuto cartoon.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

fool_of_sound posted:

I pray you aren't black or muslim.

He said Orange County.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Ape of Naples posted:

I like how the guy in the hat is based on a young Obama.

Oh. I've been thinking it was Kerouac or some beatnik icon because I couldn't think of another pot head stereotype that would wear a button-down shirt and fedora.

Speaking of fake Garrisons, I got this one a while back. Somewhat NSFW.

Do you suppose someone drew all that just for a swipe at Garrison, or is there some poor white supremacist artist having their credit stolen?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

EndOfTheWorld posted:

It is not (as in, a real Ben Garrison cartoon). The guy is one of 4chan's perpetual buttmonkeys of abuse.

https://thenib.com/the-internet-s-most-trolled-cartoonist-91a92d9b7585#.hioxc541d

I'm really glad this guy is so mad about these photoshops because he has genuinely lovely opinions.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

there wolf posted:

Do you suppose someone drew all that just for a swipe at Garrison, or is there some poor white supremacist artist having their credit stolen?

Ben Garrison is now a pen-name to these people. Would you sign your name to that poo poo?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

there wolf posted:

Oh. I've been thinking it was Kerouac or some beatnik icon because I couldn't think of another pot head stereotype that would wear a button-down shirt and fedora.

Speaking of fake Garrisons, I got this one a while back. Somewhat NSFW.

Is that supposed to be Harry knowles on the far left ?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Retromancer posted:

I'm really glad this guy is so mad about these photoshops because he has genuinely lovely opinions.

Yeah I have no pity for him. He once pretended to be "above it all" and said "hey Trump actually probably sucks but won't it be fun to see things go crazy haha!!" which is the most privileged opinion ever, and ever since then he's been unironically swooning over Trump like crazy so even his smug south park "lol everything is dumb" shtick didn't last.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

GMOs made Michelle a man and not a chemtrail in sight.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Retromancer posted:

"What a man!"
--Ben Garrison

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CampingCarl posted:

Lusting for pre-op dongs made giant through GMOs.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

CampingCarl posted:

This is pretty low-effort for Dees. To be honest, I'm rather disappointed.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CampingCarl posted:

Man Dees has been disappointing lately. The only things that separates this from a normal politoon are the security camera and the GMO bling. Every hack cartoonist draws a distraught little girl in their anti-trans cartoons, c'mon Dees! Step your game up!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

EndOfTheWorld posted:

So Garrison got turned conservative by seeing Bill Maher be a smug rear end in a top hat? Wouldn't everyone who's ever seen Maher be conservative then?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

alnilam posted:

Yeah I have no pity for him. He once pretended to be "above it all" and said "hey Trump actually probably sucks but won't it be fun to see things go crazy haha!!" which is the most privileged opinion ever, and ever since then he's been unironically swooning over Trump like crazy so even his smug south park "lol everything is dumb" shtick didn't last.

The whole thing seems like it started out with people taking Ben's cartoons and making some of his more "dog-whistle" opinions overt. Like that first one with the "Illuminati eye" with the Democrat and Republican leg. Whether Ben likes it or not, "International Financiers" has always been a micron away from "International Jewish Conspiracy." Of course, some people seem to be unironic fans of "Zyklon Ben's" cartoons so as usual the internet proves that no level of parody is beyond what some people actually believe.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lusting for pre-op dongs made giant through GMOs.

The D in DDees.com stands for Dongs

E: DongersDongees.com

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 29, 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CampingCarl posted:

:eyepop:

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Yeah Ramirez, the US economy sure is doing poorly right now, its just moments away from completely sinking thanks to that dastardly Obama. Man, I sure wish I could go back to 2008, things were so much better back when Bush was still president. It's been all downhill since then :rolleyes:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stevoblunt posted:

Yeah Ramirez, the US economy sure is doing poorly right now, its just moments away from completely sinking thanks to that dastardly Obama. Man, I sure wish I could go back to 2008, things were so much better back when Bush was still president. It's been all downhill since then :rolleyes:

Who's Bush? Obummer's been dictating us since 2000.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wait, slow the hell down.
Am I reading this wrong, or is this a decent sentiment from Bok?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The right has to do a ton of damage control, Hastert was a huge force for a long time and is still the longest-serving Speaker. That looks real bad, especially given the dozens of other Republicans caught in similar situations.

And it doesn't help that he's getting off with basically no punishment, as far as prison time is concerned, which just adds to the general perception that the GOP (hell, all politicians) are above the law.

That might be giving Bok too much credit, though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If nothing else, it hopefully means no one will ever mention the Hastert Rule again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Hastert was also one of the leading force in the Bill Clinton impeachment, IIRC, which just adds more fuel to the anger.

Worth pointing out that the sentencing is for bank fraud. The statute of limitation for child molestation expired years ago.

• Locked thread