Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

IronSaber posted:

I dunno, I'm gonna side with CJacobs here and rank spiders higher than that.
:hfive:
Friends are jerks anyway, they deserve it.

Speaking of, I would hereby like to thank my co-op "partner" for this game for not spoiling (or, y'know, warning) me on the giant fuckoff spider bossfight. Boy I wish this thing had friendly fire.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

IronSaber posted:

I dunno, I'm gonna side with CJacobs here and rank spiders higher than that.

You can fight a spider. You can't fight a stroke that ultimately leaves you trapped inside your own body.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

anilEhilated posted:

:hfive:
Friends are jerks anyway, they deserve it.

Speaking of, I would hereby like to thank my co-op "partner" for this game for not spoiling (or, y'know, warning) me on the giant fuckoff spider bossfight. Boy I wish this thing had friendly fire.

Friendly fire is a toggle when you launch a co-op session, just in case you like blowing up your friends! :shepface:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Friendly fire is a toggle when you launch a co-op session, just in case you like blowing up your friends! :shepface:
Now my life is complete. :unsmigghh:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Zain posted:

You can fight a spider. You can't fight a stroke that ultimately leaves you trapped inside your own body.

Actually you can, the problem is you have to hit "F" and "V" at just the right time and that's wicked hard.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
How did I beat that part with lickers in single player and why do I remember none of this :stare:
Edit: how did I beat Wesker in single player and why do I remember none of this :stare:

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 28, 2016

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Alexeythegreat posted:

How did I beat that part with lickers in single player and why do I remember none of this :stare:
Edit: how did I beat Wesker in single player and why do I remember none of this :stare:

Wesker is super easy to get the kill on, you just need to shoot him in the back (It's roughly 45 degrees each way from right behind him) or be good at countering his charge, me and my friend just back and forthed him super quick when we co oped it, if he can target the AI at all same principal really.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The protags also have a super cool special melee beatdown thingo you can do if you stun him. It's what I was trying to get Zain to do, but we didn't ever stun him for long enough for him to get the prompt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XcIDc0hm8w&t=76s

edit: I watched this with the audio off while I was looking for it, so I am sorry for the incredibly bored sounding nerd in the background lol

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 29, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The protags also have a super cool special melee beatdown thingo you can do if you stun him. It's what I was trying to get Zain to do, but we didn't ever stun him for long enough for him to get the prompt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XcIDc0hm8w&t=76s

edit: I watched this with the audio off while I was looking for it, so I am sorry for the incredibly bored sounding nerd in the background lol

Here's a higher quality video that doesn't look like it was done with a camcorder. Heads up, costume spoilers for Chris and Sheva in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mdyci4Ei1I&t=1920s

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I love how every time Chris punches Wesker, he shakes his hand in pain afterwards. Sheva is smart enough to just kick him. :v:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Even Sheva knows... Wesker is a real dick.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sheva, that is not how you respond to the Vulcan nerve pinch.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

european_imperialism.gif...?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

CJacobs posted:

The game has you covered, somehow!

So basically the thingy on her chest wasn't actually mind controlling her, it was pumping her full of drugs that weakened her will enough that Wesker could tell her what to do because I guess he's just the Zombie Drug Recipient Master Controller now or something.

It's actually at least slightly plausible. People who have recently taken hits to the head or suffered concussions, and of course people who are on certain hallucinogens or other mind-altering drugs, can be incredibly suggestible. Of course, the obvious hole in this semi-plausible theory is that Jill says she was aware of it, whereas if it was "realistic" suggestibility she wouldn't necessarily be conscious of how she's being manipulated. That and Wesker not actively giving her orders in combat raises the question of how he's giving her instructions.

I'd always assumed it was just Ridiculous Parasite Magic.

To be honest, P30 sounds like the sort of thing that would actually be very handy for our heroes. The RE-verse presumably has considerably more advanced medical technology than the real world. (I'm still annoyed by the one file that treats giving Lickers the ability to reproduce as "no big deal". Dude, you just made a horrible Thing That Should Not Be, which previously required atrocities on a monstrous scale to produce and extended periods of time, into a viable species. That is a Big Deal.)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Jetrauben posted:

The RE-verse presumably has considerably more advanced medical technology than the real world.

It definitely has viable cryogenic storage and human cloning. There's also been a lot of research into using the T-Virus to cure cancer, which almost worked.

AradoBalanga posted:

Basically, we have Carlos to thank for Jill's predicament in RE5, since he went and made the T-Virus vaccine for Jill in RE3.

I've wondered for a while whether they meant to deliberately tie it to Outbreak or not. It's a plot point in that game that Umbrella never had a cure for the virus, but had developed a suppressant, which stopped the virus's progress.

RE5 seems to broadly suggest that the "vaccine" in RE3 was that suppressant, so Jill managed to develop immunity by constant exposure to a weakened strain.

Antistar01 posted:

european_imperialism.gif...?

That gets my vote, yeah. Definitely looks like a metaphor for something.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Sheva, don't punch his goddamn belt buckle, his penis is right there!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

ManlyGrunting posted:

Sheva, don't punch his goddamn belt buckle, his penis is right there!
It's like Batman's utility belt, except instead of gadgets it's all spare sunglasses. Get those away from Wesker, and something happens! Brilliant, right?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Fish Noise posted:

It's like Batman's utility belt, except instead of gadgets it's all spare sunglasses. Get those away from Wesker, and something happens! Brilliant, right?

You rip his bandoleer of sunglasses away, and throw it in the corner. Wesker screams, flexes, and a new pair of sunglasses materializes on his face from nowhere. He then smirks, smugly.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Bravo posted:

You rip his bandoleer of sunglasses away, and throw it in the corner. Wesker screams, flexes, and a new pair of sunglasses materializes on his face from nowhere. He then smirks, smugly.

Well he is all virus'd up isnt he.
They emerge from his face.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well he is all virus'd up isnt he.
They emerge from his face.

Both of these are the best thing ever! Just wanna point that out. I would just love to see something like this.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

:siren: Update time! :siren:

Part Ninteen: This is it

Well this is it~ The final not at all final video for the game! I hope you all enjoyed it.

And I'm sorry but the real update is not going to be out today. It's been kind of a huge thing with the editing and the audio got horribly desynced so I'm trying to figure out and fix that. Otherwise enjoy this video for today. The new one should be up either later or tomorrow.

Also I apologize for the videos and the quality. They do seem off (At least to me), and it's apart of the native recording. When playing the game seemed smooth...

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Oof, yeah - that frame-rate was really choppy. It was actually giving me a bit of simulation-sickness.

And huh; I don't think I've actually even heard of that bug at the end there.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Yeah I realize how painful this all is.. Especially to me... :( I am debating recording again. There's a lot of gold that we'd lose and I hate that thought to be honest. But if it's completely an unwatchable experience which I feel like it might be... Then I don't know.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Dear god why do these videos have to be such a pain in the loving rear end?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Because that is necessary to achieve the monumental cathartic singularity of insanity that the game will unleash upon you at its dawn.
All will become clear. In time.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I think CJacobs' trolling warped through space and time to alter the code in the game just to gently caress you over :laffo:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Update... Woohoo??

Part Twenty: My shame for all to see

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, the reason you kept passing over machine gun ammo was because you were slowly losing your mind due to the silly plot or...?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Fun fact: CJacobs has residentevilmods dot com bookmarked for all his resident evil chris/wesker fanfic re-enacting needs.

Also this game is racist as gently caress for doing that to Sheva. Putting her in a cage??? The gently caress man.
Oh god you both are dorks how did this LP ever got off the ground? Though ok the game is kind of annoying and tricky. 'Here juggling five million things back and forth!' Also here's some lovely QTEs!

Ughh Chris is so anime, smanging his hand on the door. 'Come back and explain why you say 'urusborus' so weirdly!!!'

Wesker is going to make all the urusbourous cover the earth and maybe only the strong will survive right? I mean poo poo, all I can tell is two people are chasing after a dude and a lady and oh yeah, they saved a brainwashed lady. And murdered black people....

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I hate you both for putting Headstrong into my head

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
THIS IS NOT

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
WHERE YOU BELOOOOWOOOOWNNNGGG

edit: For more songs that make you go YEAH!!! while simultaneously hating yourself, see I STAND ALONE by Godsmack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJTDNELRSk

Haha oh gently caress, click on that video, your recommended sidebar will just completely flood with songs that instill the emotion I described. Post more music that gives you that feeling, I crave it.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 7, 2016

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Post more music that gives you that feeling, I crave it.

I dunno man, you sure that's a good idea?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Antistar01 posted:

I dunno man, you sure that's a good idea?

My brother I am no stranger to the sick Arm Self Pull Maneuver of Emotional Exertion performed by Scott Stapp. Still, I have not heard this one before so it's new to me.

edit: holy loving nuts, cgi scott stapp

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

My brother I am no stranger to the sick Arm Self Pull Maneuver of Emotional Exertion performed by Scott Stapp. Still, I have not heard this one before so it's new to me.

edit: holy loving nuts, cgi scott stapp

Turok? Is... Is that you?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I actually quite liked this song at the time - it was possibly the only Creed I was really familiar with - though I somehow didn't see the music video until very recently. How did I miss out on this incredible work of... art... for so long?

(I'm guessing it was because Youtube didn't exist in 2001 and Rage was busy playing better music.)

Anyway, RE5... yeah, this part of the game isn't the best. Fortunately, it gets more interesting and memorable in the near future with the final parts of the game - even if it arguably doesn't exactly get more fun at the same time.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Update again~ This is probably the choppiest episode too.

Part Twenty One: EXCELLLLLAAA!!!

Shame continues. So I had the idea since CJacobs was like "Oh I'll record alongside you. I would take his footage and it wouldn't be a choppy mess. Needless to say he didn't record anything~

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

When CJacobs said 'friendly fire' I knew you were loving screwed. I just didn't realize it'd be in the first five seconds of that boss fight :laffo: I'm actually glad there's a bunch of bodies laying nearby, because of how ridiculously huge Spaghetti Monster becomes. It'd make no sense otherwise. Which is kind of a nonsensical statement considering what game this is. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
If the test subject is turned into a humongous cadaver-devouring tentacular entity, did it fail or succeed?

• Locked thread