Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
This rules, Jerry Hsu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
He says in some interview that he was there like like 5 hours a day for several days trying to get that

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/highway-to-hell-10-years-on-the-road/5717a1ce712049c614d10391

KOTR Documentary was uploaded today.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Ok, so I am old, but that's just stupid. It's not gnarly, edgy, just plain stupid.

yeah at least put on a loving helmet, Jesus Christo. if you want to grind your kneecaps down to mush by landing on them all the time then go for it, but don't drag paramedics into it when you miss your hand plant and swallow six inches of coping

karphead
Apr 20, 2001

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

This rules, Jerry Hsu:

mein gott...

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

So is the actual footage from the last KOTR actually being shown or what is the deal. It sounded like they were making it for TV or something. I am very confused.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/let-the-madness-begin/5717b7d0712049c614d103ab

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

That is the more hardcore "No playable sources found" error I ever did see.

EDIT: Tried it in a different browser and it plays... :iiam:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Welp that's like a long version of KOTR. It's kind of weird to see it explained so thoroughly like real reality competition show. Not bad.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

it's pretty watered down. Tershy's four wheels on the roof, the barrel jumps, the birkenstock caveman, and Raybourn's drop ins were the only super cool things, i didn't need two minutes of him trying to do the 50-50 -> coffin

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Im poser level I'm in surgery recovery since a year and a half ago though. It's really fun when I get out there.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

After ten years of on and off dinking around occasionally on a skateboard I landed a couple kickflips for the first time yesterday :toot: saw an Instagram of someone doing their first kickflip and for some reason I just knew how I could get it to work that day.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I haven't been able to watch it yet but PHEW! kotr is alive.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Business posted:

After ten years of on and off dinking around occasionally on a skateboard I landed a couple kickflips for the first time yesterday :toot: saw an Instagram of someone doing their first kickflip and for some reason I just knew how I could get it to work that day.

Congrats! You have crossed the barrier.

Make a gif of it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSidewalkMag/videos/1047279525346484/?fref=nf

p. good dude

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

For sure. I counted around 60 tricks. It's kind of like that sex position t-shirt/poster except with lip tricks.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

All winter gear no removed from the mudroom and replacdd with summer goodies to include the skateboards. Now it just needs to stop raining so the kids'll be willing to take them outside.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Do you skate yourself, dad?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I longboard. :krakentoot:

Poorly. Little dorks enjoy watching me wipe out.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

This kind of poo poo makes me so livid

http://uncrate.com/stuff/woolsey-x-uncrate-land-cruiser-skateboard/

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Stupid question, has anyone here tried the OJ Little Doodies? I'm curious how round they really are since I'm mulling over using skate wheels and bearings to make a rolling tripod for video. It'll be way less expensive than a dedicated deal, I already know good skate bearings are smooth as gently caress, and DIY is always nice. :getin:

On actual skateboarding I need to make some time to hit the skate park before it gets too stupidly humid and hot so I can actually do some skating this year. Ordered some Toasted Tinys to try out for shits and giggles on my fat rear end board.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Catching up on the Vans Pool Party.

Lance Mountain's winning Legends run :3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmgvfMZlSg
and Pedro Barro's winning run :stare:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNswQ-fGaZQ

Anyone have any idea what Pedro said at the end of his run after he flips everybody off?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I got the itch. I used to skate street and mini-ramps 25 years ago.

I hope I don't die.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
Massive shots fired by Mike Carroll in a very open and honest interview about the state of things at Crailtap. If you follow industry gossip, things're gonna get juicy.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Yeah, that was kind of surprising. I won't spoil it. They used to be bros :(

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Thanks for new Pedro Barros, I watched the hell out of all of his X-Games bowl stuff and he is truly something else. He has an inner knowledge of bowls and bowl parks that makes everyone else look stiff and weird.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Here's another angle of Pedro's run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDomf05d3h4

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Daaaamn mj in hot water...

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Got a set of Toasted Tinys for shits and giggles and they are sooooo tiny god drat

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
No one on Girl is under a contract :stare:

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei8RhpR2P9A

Daewon is in his 40's and I still get excited by new stuff every video he's in.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

What sorcery is this!?!?!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Add him to your facegram

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I had the privilege of seeing Raney Beres and Raven Tershy skate at our local private bowl last night. Raven wasn't skating too much but did take some runs and displayed his magical transition floaty shifty ollie powers. Raven is so smooth.

Raney murdered the place. That boy good!

Chet Childress was there too doing his thing. That guy can carve impossible lines and make it look like nothing.

Those dudes and their crew were a class act. Nice guys.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

sleppy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei8RhpR2P9A

Daewon is in his 40's and I still get excited by new stuff every video he's in.

Hey, I'm in *my* 40's, therefore.... [ breaks wrist & hip, sprains ankle ]

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Got super nostalgic watching skate videos last night and went out and bought a board from the local shop today. I spent the afternoon causing round central london doing my best not to fall off. Not very impressive, but just pushing around felt great.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So I feel like a moron, I can't tell which is front or rear, and I guess it doesn't matter too much these days. This style of board was just coming around back in the early 90s when I stopped skating.

Everything I see tells me the blue is the front. However, that is 1" shorter than the white. The white also seems to be thinner to the tip, where the blue is fatter. The angle on the blue appears to be greater. The image doesn't show it, so you'll have to believe me.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

If the blue is shorter than the white, then it is the tail.

The nose on a popsicle stick will have more meat and more rise than the tail to assist with hooking your lead foot among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
On that deck it literally doesn't matter which end you use unless you're a pro.