Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cleaning up more bundle junk:

Decay: The Mare
45***-KGQGX-9XWX9 - Remember the horrible american football / wrestling spinoff with the zoomed in cameras?

Black*uards
3PXRQ-W2N2A-VT*08

*lackguards: Untold Legends DLC
3LKA7-QKWP*-N30NM

*oot Hero DX
5B7MK-9493R-M92Q*

*kane the Kunoichi
5*DMK-0BPC3-0EJZG

Warlocks vs. Shadows
59J3E-6**FH-40YFP - Acronym for the head of state in Canada.

The Extinction
77N8L-9BFBD-6**08 - US State that houses the Corvette Museum.

Hack, S*ash, *oot
0Z*0C-49*P2-G7BNG

*orphine
2NPJ4-*VZEN-*FP4E

Forgotten, Not *ost - A Kinetic Nove*
20GBE-678R7-A8*DB

Scape*and
20G43-R9C8*-XYT2F

Tan Dumplord fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

sliderule posted:

The Extinction
77N8L-9BFBD-6**08 - US State that houses the Corvette Museum.

Thanks!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

And then when I think "how can it be this bad" here comes Old Iron King. Holey moley that is an embarrassing boss fight. It's the terrible videogamey fight with 'guy who stands in lava at the edge of the platform and is nice enough to leave his fists sitting around after every attack so you can hit him' only the clumsiest, slowest implementation of it I've ever seen. Wow. I'm flabbergasted.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

lazorexplosion posted:

And then I made it to Iron Keep. :psyduck: This is worse than lost izalith. This isn't just bad compared to Dark Souls 1 this is flat out bad. Welcome to the arbitrary fire level, we couldn't think of anything better. Here are knights, they have a move set that is more boring that the most boring enemies in Dark Souls 1, you slog through way too many of them with archers thrown in to be annoying and then you get to the smelter demon, who is yet another big dude with a big weapon, a sweeping combo, an overhead smash with a long recovery and a move to jump at you, which is uncannily like multiple bosses you've already fought. Jesus Christ. Dark Souls 2 is loving bad.

Holy poo poo dude, sounds like you're playing a fromsoft game.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Morter posted:

Mildly considering Akiba's Trip but if combat is really that bad/repetitive (and there's an apparently an issue with 970s?), then I'll regretfully pass on it. :(

I didn't even know there was an issue.

Runs fine on my 970 as far as I can tell.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Iron Keep was pretty bad in Scholar of the First Sin in particular but lol if you think the Old Iron King is anything other than an improvement over loving Ceaseless Discharge

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

lazorexplosion posted:

Goddamn Dark Souls 2 is a tedious slog. It's just so repetitious, from the basic endless loop of dodge hit hit dodge hit hit dodge hit hit with your tiny move set, to the endless samey humanoid enemies to the many bosses that seem like they have the basically similar move sets.

[My] biggest issue with DS2 is just that it didnt have that "connecting areas" design that DS1 had. It felt disjointed and it didnt flow together. Demon Souls was that way too, but we have moved past that game as DS1 really set the standard for the series.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
How's Rabi-Rabi? It has the sexy anime titty that all Steam games are mandated to have, but is it good aside from that?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Offworld Trading Company is on sale and comes with a key for a friend. Anyone want to split it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

strategery posted:

[My] biggest issue with DS2 is just that it didnt have that "connecting areas" design that DS1 had. It felt disjointed and it didnt flow together. Demon Souls was that way too, but we have moved past that game as DS1 really set the standard for the series.

DS3 doesn't have that either so DS1 still continues to be the only in the series to do it.

I guess Bloodborne did it a little.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

How's Rabi-Rabi? It has the sexy anime titty that all Steam games are mandated to have, but is it good aside from that?

It's fantastic as a Metroidvania, you have ludicrous amounts of freedom, places to go, movement abilities and attacks. A ton of bosses and they all use bullet hell attacks but they're not overwhelming.

It's Good.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rabi-Ribi is good. It's mostly about exploring the world to find boss fights, which are cool and fun and take a lot of inspiration from bullet hell shoot-em-ups. You can tackle the like 30(!) bosses in any order you want and there are all kinds of secret tricks and ways to get around that facilitate crazy sequence breaking and challenge runs, with achievements for most of them because the devs are crazy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The areas in DS3 aren't highly interconnected but there aren't bizarre transitions (windmills to volcanoes) either. Everything fits together, and you can see a lot of the above ground zones from each other.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

raditts posted:

Last minute impulse purchase sale questions:

These are on my wishlist and are on sale, are they good for the current prices or should I hold off for a later sale since I might not get to them right away:

- Tales of Zestiria ($25)
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 ($17)

ToZ is one of the worst tales games

Ocanthus
Sep 29, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Agreed, Grim Dawn is good times. It's even fun without a multiplayer crew, which is high fuckin' praise for a Diablo-alike seeing as how it's the first one I've ever enjoyed playing solo. And if you take that, and then bring some friends? Unparalleled within the genre, at least imo.

and the post-apocalyptic spaghetti western/highway trucker soundtrack is pretty charming too

They also just patched in a bunch of modding capability. No Workshop support unfortunately.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

ToZ is one of the worst tales games

Im a few hours in and its pretty, average(?). Seems like they tried to do way too much with it instead of streamlining or keeping it simple. That item/inventory system is a loving mess and Im hoping I can ignore it since the combat isnt bad. Story seems pretty standard but the RPG thread has me believe that the last quarter of the game goes full pants on head stupid and basically makes everything you did before that pointless. I will still play it to the end. I mean, I beat an Agarest game I can surely handle this.

Long Live the Queen is really funny and good and Im glad whoever it was a few pages back mentioned it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'm ashamed to have found out about this game via a random YouTube sidebar video but Seraph seems pretty fun! Autoaim twin-stick shooter platformer thingy with decent explosions/effects and gun combat and everything.

It being EA and (slightly over) :10bux: I doubt everyone would be happy if they jumped on it but I'm pretty impressed so far!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ToZ would've been a lot better if they hadn't tried to do something new with the gear and leveling systems because gently caress were those awful

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Stink Terios posted:

It's fantastic as a Metroidvania, you have ludicrous amounts of freedom, places to go, movement abilities and attacks. A ton of bosses and they all use bullet hell attacks but they're not overwhelming.

It's Good.

lets hang out posted:

Rabi-Ribi is good. It's mostly about exploring the world to find boss fights, which are cool and fun and take a lot of inspiration from bullet hell shoot-em-ups. You can tackle the like 30(!) bosses in any order you want and there are all kinds of secret tricks and ways to get around that facilitate crazy sequence breaking and challenge runs, with achievements for most of them because the devs are crazy.

Sounds good, bought.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Grandia 2 is all of 20-25 hours long at best. Whoever told you it's "really long" was wrong.
It only feels long because it isn't a good game.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Scalding Coffee posted:

It only feels long because it isn't a good game.

What didn't you like about it? I haven't played it in years but I remember really liking the combat, music and art style.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Eldred posted:

What didn't you like about it? I haven't played it in years but I remember really liking the combat, music and art style.

It's less that it's bad and more that it doesn't really do anything special to keep you invested for those 25 hours. Grandia 2 is the standard evil deity JPRG plot, with standard JRPG characters on the standard JRPG hero's journey fighting standard JRPG battles. It really suffers from being a contemporary of Skies of Arcadia, which manages to put fun and unique twists on all of those elements. There are so many better games you could spend your time on, even just within the genre.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

why isn't skies of arcadia on PC

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mortimer posted:

Because life isn't fair. :smith:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Dark souls 2 is a good game, second only to three.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mortimer posted:

Because SEGA hates us all.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Grandia 2 is a really good battle system and character writing trapped in an easy, linear game with a generic plot.

But I love it and you should play it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Morter posted:

I'm ashamed to have found out about this game via a random YouTube sidebar video but Seraph seems pretty fun! Autoaim twin-stick shooter platformer thingy with decent explosions/effects and gun combat and everything.

It being EA and (slightly over) :10bux: I doubt everyone would be happy if they jumped on it but I'm pretty impressed so far!

Saw it on a GB quick look and I wasn't sold on it, but Vinny seemed to be having fun with it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

why is else heart.break so bad

why did anyone recommend this at all ever? who made this crap?

oh its some weirdo danish guy named ynger yngerstrom, of course it is.

poo poo like this is why nordic countries are a societal failure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

It's less that it's bad and more that it doesn't really do anything special to keep you invested for those 25 hours. Grandia 2 is the standard evil deity JPRG plot, with standard JRPG characters on the standard JRPG hero's journey fighting standard JRPG battles. It really suffers from being a contemporary of Skies of Arcadia, which manages to put fun and unique twists on all of those elements. There are so many better games you could spend your time on, even just within the genre.
Grandia 1 was better even though the framerate was like 10

in Grandia the characters are brats because they're actual kids while in Grandia 2 the characters are adults but they still act like bratty kids

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Play Grandia 1 but also 2

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zombie Samurai posted:

They also pulled that ending out of their rear end.
The day is lost. Sike, I was the chosen one this whole time, and so is the not rapist. *grows wings*

Play Grandia 1 and the hard mode romhacks for it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wish they'd literally reveal anything else in the humble monthly to decide if I want to buy.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Harlock posted:

I wish they'd literally reveal anything else in the humble monthly to decide if I want to buy.

if you dont want the revealed game don't buy it

there's 6 games total, if you have a decent library you're at risk of getting 2-3 games you already have. if you already know you own the flagship game, or just don't want it, then you have much lower odds of getting something you'll enjoy

mad max plus 5 other games for that price is good

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

don't bother with humble monthly unless the featured game is something you want and is a really good deal like this one is. just think of the other games as bonuses.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started playing Mad Max last night and it's pretty fun. Not sure what I was expecting (other than pretty wastelands because of Palpek posts) but I like it so far.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jordan7hm posted:

I started playing Mad Max last night and it's pretty fun. Not sure what I was expecting (other than pretty wastelands because of Palpek posts) but I like it so far.

Tips:
-Get the upgrade that auto-loots dropped scrap ASAP. The one that shows you where parts are on the map and the one that autogenerates $ at intervals are also useful
-Don't do the mine-defusal missions. If you want *every* upgrade, then only do the mine-defusal missions in the territories that give you said upgrades
-It's not worth it to loot every scrap location, you lunatic; wait for a storm and go boxhunting instead
-Never put any armor on the Opus because it just slows you down :black101:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Starship Corporation is abysmal, absolutely do not buy it unless something huge changes with the product.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Quest For Glory II posted:

in Grandia the characters are brats because they're actual kids while in Grandia 2 the characters are adults but they still act like bratty kids

i respect Grandia 1 because it's like the only goddamn jrpg ever to at least be upfront about romantic love instead of dancing around it like scared babies (and even just the word "love" in that context, even poo poo like final fantasy never comes out and just says it). the execution was ham-handed as gently caress but still, props

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've found every humble monthly to have at least 2 games that were worth the price, so I've gotten my money's worth each time. Maybe at some point it will start sucking but they've had pretty solid stuff so far.

• Locked thread