Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

I've got a bunch of these from humble bundle willing to trade in the other thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433797&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=256#post456262923

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Shadow Complex is on Steam now for those who missed out on Epic's Christmas giveaway. It's 15 bucks.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Shadow Complex is on Steam now for those who missed out on Epic's Christmas giveaway. It's 15 bucks.

It's one of the best metroidvanias ever, and has a really great easter egg that lets you beat the game on the first screen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Don't buy the X-Wing (and TIE fighter) series games on Steam as they're inferior to GoG ones (no dynamic music). The same goes for Dark Forces 2 and KOTOR series. GoG even has a sale going at the same time as Steam.

Maybe you'll have no problems with them but GoG versions are optimised for modern systems unlike the Steam ones.

Good Steam Star Wars games:
-Jedi Acadeny
-The Force Unleashed 1
-LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
-Republic Commando
-Pinball FX tables: only the classic trilogy ones

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Chiming in with agreeing that Shadow Complex is really good.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Palpek posted:

Don't buy the X-Wing (and TIE fighter) series games on Steam as they're inferior to GoG ones (no dynamic music). The same goes for Dark Forces 2 and KOTOR series. GoG even has a sale going at the same time as Steam.

Maybe you'll have no problems with them but GoG versions are optimised for modern systems unlike the Steam ones.

-Jedi Acadeny
-The Force Unleashed 1
-Republic Commando

Probably still suggest getting KotoR II: Sith Lords on Steam since it has workshop support now.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I thought dow2 was pretty good.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rirse posted:

Probably still suggest getting KotoR II: Sith Lords on Steam since it has workshop support now.
Yeah KOTOR 2 on Steam is totally fine and the workshop makes it easy to download the Restoration Mod.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

NmareBfly posted:

I thought dow2 was pretty good.

same

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

What does the gog version of KOTOR1 do better? Steam version worked fine for me when i played it a few months ago.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A BOY AND HIS BLOB FOR A DOLLAR

https://www.humblebundle.com/eye-candy-bundle

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kly posted:

What does the gog version of KOTOR1 do better? Steam version worked fine for me when i played it a few months ago.
Some people can't run the Steam version on Windows 8, there are also more bugs and there can be problems with running it in widescreen. There are no differences in content and the game may as well run fine on your system.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Mini Metro is worth the BTA.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Palpek posted:

Sweet Jesus is it ever

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Some free Battlefield crap on Origin.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Palpek posted:

-Jedi Acadeny
-The Force Unleashed 1
-Republic Commando
Empire at War is good also

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That's a great one dollar tier.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan is now available for pre-purchase. God I hope Platinum does this right. Need a good turtles co-op game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Shantae is really good, as is the sequel which I would argue is maybe even better

it is a metroidvania with memorable characters

it is designed really well

it has a great soundtrack

wayforward owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFGmNjRHycc

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Emptyquotin this forever

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Harlock posted:

Empire at War is good also

Seconding this, there's also a poo poo ton of mods (mostly different time periods, content expansions and conversions) on moddb, many of which are still being worked on. There's even new ones popping up occasionally, for a 10 year old game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

risky's revenge is alright but it has the most bizarrely terrible map system ever

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Mortimer posted:

Shantae is really good, as is the sequel which I would argue is maybe even better

it is a metroidvania with memorable characters

it is designed really well

it has a great soundtrack

wayforward owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFGmNjRHycc

Does it have one giant interconnected map or several disconnected levels?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Senjuro posted:

Does it have one giant interconnected map or several disconnected levels?

legend of zelda-like, big world with little dungeons, but you get abilities to unlock more areas

the second one is even more that, you run back to a boat and pick the level

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Palpek posted:

i haven't even looked at the bundle yet, but this opinion is correct

fake edit - Human Resource Machine and Mushroom 11? :shepspends:

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Knew what song this was gonna be even before clicking the link. Shantae really does have great tunes, but this one sticks out above them all and is the one I most associate with the game. Super fun level, too!

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
mini metro is probably one of the best games I've ever played. Its infinite mode is awesome.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Wayforward are unsung gods of the game.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I find it mildly amusing that Evoland is in the $10 category for this bundle while it is in the $1 category in the mobile bundle

e: evoland 2! crap im awful. nevermind

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ninkobei posted:

I find it mildly amusing that Evoland is in the $10 category for this bundle while it is in the $1 category in the mobile bundle

e: evoland 2! crap im awful. nevermind

It's ok, Evoland is awful crap.

I really like this trend of putting the worst offerings in the highest tier.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I was thinking to myself, "Another TMNT game... Oh boy...." Then I saw Platinum was the developer.

I am excited.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

All this DOW stuff is good and all, but a 40k game isn't good if it doesn't have FMV cutscenes.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
There are currently two Shantae games in Humble Bundles, I wonder if Wayforward needs the cash.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

monster on a stick posted:

There are currently two Shantae games in Humble Bundles, I wonder if Wayforward needs the cash.

Nah, I think they are just trying to get people aware of Shantae before the remake is out later in the year.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Jamfrost posted:

I was thinking to myself, "Another TMNT game... Oh boy...." Then I saw Platinum was the developer.

I am excited.
I see Activision right next to it. Does that mean full price for four years?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Mushroom 11 looks neat but isn't particularly fun to play.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

I see Activision right next to it. Does that mean full price for four years?

Unless TMNT turns into call of duty, no.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

Unless TMNT turns into call of duty, no.
I'd buy that.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

awesmoe posted:

I'd buy that.

I want to see Bebop and Rocksteady mow down an airport full of civilians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I enjoyed Dawn of War 2, but never played the original. Are any of the expansions not worth getting, or should I just pick up the complete collection? If it helps I'm not interested in multiplayer at all, just campaign stuff and maybe an AI skirmish or two.

• Locked thread