Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

now there's a champ that's real happy to get CDR from zhonyas

I'm just going to skip roa on him completely since Abyssal will have health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
The Kindred skin is dope.

Also, just got this survey:

Started out with basic demographic stuff, profile of what games you play, the above, and then trying to figure out if you knew how various amounts of RP translated to real world dollars.

The idea of putting two separate in game currencies in the two games feels pretty fuckin' silly' hopefully the survey will make that clear. But, ~Riot~, so who knows

e: VVV Yeah, makes sense. I guess we'll see! It feels like Hextech Crafting is a step in that direction as well.

foutre fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 3, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my guess with that is them making something similar to mobile games where the premium currency can be earned and also bought rather than have them separate so they would need to use something other than the current system to not gently caress with the current league monetization.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Someone better then me tell me whether I'm going to be able to run Taliyah as a support or if that'll just be garbage.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Lord of Hats posted:

Someone better then me tell me whether I'm going to be able to run Taliyah as a support or if that'll just be garbage.

Any mage will be a good support after this patch so yeah it should probably be fine. The ult has a nice amount of utility too.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Vlad's Q got so much worse.

E: But I guess they're keeping Jungle Malzahar in so there's that.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was unaware that only 3 of 4 dragons can spawn in a game, huh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats posted:

she looks like a miserable support.

Can she jungle though? That's the seriously important thing

Radical posted:

This is even worse than I thought.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

my guess with that is them making something similar to mobile games where the premium currency can be earned and also bought rather than have them separate so they would need to use something other than the current system to not gently caress with the current league monetization.
on the other hand, being able to earn a token amount of RP would get people to actually play whatever crappy mobile game they put out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

it depends on her base values

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Endorph posted:

on the other hand, being able to earn a token amount of RP would get people to actually play whatever crappy mobile game they put out

supposedly it's some fighting game using league characters, which sounds miserable to me but w/e

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Annie's changes feel pretty significant despite being hidden under the minor mage update category. Tibbers getting fat as gently caress and living past Annie's death is rad.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

i doubt she'd be better than e.g. syndra support or ziggs support since she doesn't have reliable or multiple cc. maybe if her base damage is really high but that seems very unlikely with a non-damage ult and passive.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

Assuming the dragons all have an equal chance of spawning each time that actually drastically raises the amount of games that only one of the dragons will have spawned 3 times by 25 minutes.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
goodbye raw steak you were the item combo

at least i can jungle ad malz and jungle vayne till my eyes bleed from insults

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kooriken posted:

Her ult is a longass wall. I'm starting to think All Shurimans are Trump supporters.

FEET

HIGHER

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
if I drop an emperors divide perpendicular to the taliyah ult, does she pass over it?

This decides the fate of Shurima

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

supposedly it's some fighting game using league characters, which sounds miserable to me but w/e

Yeah, it's like a 99.9% chance that they're reskinning Rising Thunder (the fighting game Seth Killian was working on at his new studio) just to use League champs.

It's a kind of natural fit -- the game was already using MOBA-style abilities as an inspiration -- instead of quarter circles and dragon punch inputs and stuff to do moves, they were all just bound to controller buttons (like Q W E R are) and on varying cooldowns. The core idea was accessibility - why gate special moves and supers behind 360s or double diagonal charges?

It was a neat idea and the alpha was interesting, but if I'm remembering right reception was kind of lukewarm. Having your anti-air dragon punch be on a six second cooldown was incredibly difficult to adjust to and really frustrating and there was a lot of stalling as people waited for their specials to recharge before re-engaging.

Also, the shoto clone robot was heads and tails better than everyone else in the alpha cast and she was pretty much the only character you ever saw.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Elder dragon spawns at 35 minutes, not 25. There's a 1/64 chance that you'd get the same dragon 3 times in a game if you kill them all right after they spawn. Seems 4 dragons is the most you could get though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, those dragon buffs seem really good, except for maybe Earth. If you give up the Fire Drake I'm pretty sure you just hosed up hard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aerox posted:

The core idea was accessibility - why gate special moves and supers behind 360s or double diagonal charges?

Having your anti-air dragon punch be on a six second cooldown was incredibly difficult to adjust to and really frustrating
question, answer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also a league fighting game could be good for a laugh but they'd absolutely make the most boring choices for playable characters. All the wacky characters like Urgot or Zac or whoever wouldn't be added until there was basically nobody else to add.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
The dragon changes are more palatable after looking at the Rift Herald superbuff, but I'm not convinced it's a meaningful choice over any of the elemental buffs. It depends on how quickly Corruption builds, I guess.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Her ranges are short and all of her abilities are quite slow, but E and W make decent peel. I imagine she'll struggle against harass and most hard engage, which would make her a poor choice overall, but the base values on her optimally-used Q and E might be high enough to make her excel at turnarounds.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

At first I thought the Rageblade change was gonna be neat. Then I noticed the upgrade causes you to lose the Recurve Bow attack speed (until you hit 4 or more stacks). I didn't think it was in a particularly strong place but I guess they really wanted to make it a Kayle exclusive item again?

E: Like, you pay 875G for: +10 AD, +10 AP, -25% AS, +15 magic on-hit, and the passives. At a 3600g price point this item is just a big not bloated piece of garbage. How did they ever think this was good/competitive with the previous iteration (since they seem to think this new iteration is stronger somehow)?

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 3, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's weird that fire dragon provides almost the same bonus to turret and objective damage that earth dragon does and then also applies to everything else too

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

It cracks me up that part of this patch is just ripping MR out of a bunch of items. Spirit visage, Banshee's, and GA are all getting MR reductions. This might make mages good!

The timing on this is auspicious indeed.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wait a sec they didn't nerf any of veigar's ratios and made it way easier for him to ramp the gently caress out of his passive, hello?

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

DolphinCop posted:

it's weird that fire dragon provides almost the same bonus to turret and objective damage that earth dragon does and then also applies to everything else too

Turrets have armor, and the earth buff is true damage.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Hi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

wait a sec they didn't nerf any of veigar's ratios and made it way easier for him to ramp the gently caress out of his passive, hello?
they made his ult a generic execute instead of a 'delete enemy mage' button tho. sad times.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Tons of changes. Champion mastery levels 6 and 7:

http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-pbe-feedback/uAFzxTpO-testing-champ-mastery-levels-6-and-7

quote:

Hey all,

When we launched Champion Mastery, our goal was to recognize you for playing the champs you love, and give you feedback on how well you play them. We tackled the first part with Champion Mastery ranks (levels), and implemented the second with the grade system shown at the end of game screen.

Now we’re excited to add another dimension to leveling up with the system, with a higher emphasis on demonstrating your actual mastery of your favorite champs. With new requirements in order to earn them, Mastery Levels 6 and 7 show off your skill as well as your dedication.

Champion Mastery Level 6
- First, demonstrate your familiarity with a champ by reaching Mastery Level 5
- Once you’re Level 5 with a champion, the next time you earn an S- or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue, you’ll unlock a Mastery token for that champion
- Using Hextech Crafting, combine 2 Mastery tokens with a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ, OR 500 blue essence, to unlock Level 6

Champion Mastery Level 7
- Once you’ve earned Mastery Level 6 on champion, you can no longer earn Renown tokens for that champ with S- grades, but...
- The next time you earn an S or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue, you’ll unlock a new Mastery token for that specific champ
- Using Hextech Crafting, combine 3 Mastery tokens with a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ, OR 600 blue essence, to unlock Level 7

We structured the performance requirement and cost in this way in order to ensure this builds on the former system, rewarding a combination of skill and participation. As you rank up, you’ll unlock new mastery badge emotes, new loading screen border flags, and the announcement banner upgrade to indicate your higher skill.

To make it easier to unlock the level once you’ve earned your Renown tokens, we’re adding a mystery coin that yields a random champ shards that’ll be available for your choice of IP or RP. The mystery coin and Champion Mastery levels are only some of ways we’re expanding the value of shards and loot (especially for players who already own every champion), and we’ll keep looking for more.

We’ll be enabling this feature for testing on PBE in the coming days, and we’re looking for your feedback. Leave us your comments and questions below, and we’ll meet you leveling up mastery of our favorite champs!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

they made his ult a generic execute instead of a 'delete enemy mage' button tho. sad times.

this is true, however I shall enjoy going back to season 3 veigar of blasting the poo poo out of the top laner tank

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wait they actually put the jungle timer poo poo in

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

banshees didn't lose MR, just health, it's cowl + negatron now and is clearly supposed to be the Lots Of MR item

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

banshees didn't lose MR, just health, it's cowl + negatron now and is clearly supposed to be the Lots Of MR item

Oops, you're right, cowl lost MR. The recipe is different now, banshee's is actually a lot better than it was.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You guys ever see blue text in pregame allchat? Worried I'm ARAMing with hackers

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
It's kind of strange to me that the Elemental Dragon buffs are permanent, but the Elder Dragon buff is temporary.

Odd, I know, but I'd think that the "big bad" dragon buff would not be temporary if the lesser buffs are permanent.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I'm confused at tying the champion mastery level 6 and 7 stuff to hextech crafting with the one chest per champ per season limit. If I'm an Irelia one-trick and I just spam Irelia, I'll get the mastery Tokens, but won't I never actually get the crafting stuff I need for level 6-7 since I can't get multiple chests with her?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Spiros posted:

You guys ever see blue text in pregame allchat? Worried I'm ARAMing with hackers

It has something to do with a bug regarding club tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

I'm confused at tying the champion mastery level 6 and 7 stuff to hextech crafting with the one chest per champ per season limit. If I'm an Irelia one-trick and I just spam Irelia, I'll get the mastery Tokens, but won't I never actually get the crafting stuff I need for level 6-7 since I can't get multiple chests with her?
just queue up with all your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread