Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Raenir Salazar posted:

but you never know what the next event brings right?
There just announced the swimsuit event for summer with more detail later. Hinted servant are archer arturia (with watergun) and lancer hiyohime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm starting to build a decent quartz hoard too, but i still dunno what to save them for now that all the servants i wanted are in the game. Maybe i'll save for a Jack rate-up and start a Quick team for when i get bored of my Arts team.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Burn all your quartz now. Dehumanize yourself and face to CEshed.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Wuxi posted:

I also hope we get Lancer Arthuria from the Camelot gacha

But we already have a Lancer Arturia. :v:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Schubalts posted:

But we already have a Lancer Arturia. :v:

Actually, we have Lancer Arturia Alter :eng101:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

There just announced the swimsuit event for summer with more detail later. Hinted servant are archer arturia (with watergun) and lancer hiyohime.

And Mordred with a tan and surfboard IIRC.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, I thought Arturia walks on water?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Prisma Illya News

The presentation announced the addition of Misato Fukuen as "Tanaka," Rie Kugimiya as Beatrice Flowerchild, Ryoko Shiraishi as Angelica and Sumire Morohishi as Erika.

ChouCho returns for the series opening with Mr. Osomatsu's TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND feat. Koda Yumeha on the ending.

The new season kicks off July 6th.
:dance:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh boy Rie Kugimiya, that sure as hell makes me wanna watch Prisma Ilya even more

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Prisma Illya News

The presentation announced the addition of Misato Fukuen as "Tanaka," Rie Kugimiya as Beatrice Flowerchild, Ryoko Shiraishi as Angelica and Sumire Morohishi as Erika.

ChouCho returns for the series opening with Mr. Osomatsu's TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND feat. Koda Yumeha on the ending.

The new season kicks off July 6th.
:dance:

:whitewater:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Baal posted:

Oh boy Rie Kugimiya, that sure as hell makes me wanna watch Prisma Ilya even more
Kugimiya is a good VA and does her type-cast well, even if said characters are written to varying degrees of tolerance. Considering how Beatrice is in the manga, it's a good fit so I'm cool with it.

More themes by ChouCho is also good news.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm just going to wait for Shirou to show up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I haven't watched any of Prisma Ilya but those character designs are bad, thank you.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

alcharagia posted:

I haven't watched any of Prisma Ilya but those character designs are bad, thank you.
I'll give you that point on Beatrice, even if she does wield Mjolnir. Angelica is basically lady Caster Gil and is pretty good in the manga. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action.

Actually, most of the fight scenes in this arc are pretty intense. If the anime can reproduce the manga fights then it'll be pretty drat good. The battle scenes have definitely been a strong point for the series so far.

Also, Yumi Kakazu is replacing Miyu Matsuki as Sapphire.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 4, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

Same, I'm gonna have to watch it

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Beatrice fights were pretty meh and really reliant on "HAHA I'M TOO STRONG". Angelica's fights were better, but that's mostly because you wanted to see the people she was fighting be awesome.

Anyways, you can pretty directly translate each season of Prism Ilya to a route from F/SN. S1 was Fate, Zwei was UBW, and Drei is HF. So the whole thing is seinen as gently caress, there's just drama everywhere.

It might be kinda be funny seeing the reactions from the people who've only watched the anime. :v:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Prisma Illya is really good other than when its gross. Because the action is cool and the characters are fun and it plays with the established mythos in interesting ways and it references really good shows like Nanoha.

These are my hot takes.

Also TINY GIL, YEAAAAAAH

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sanguinia posted:

Prisma Illya is really good other than when its gross. Because the action is cool and the characters are fun and it plays with the established mythos in interesting ways and it references really good shows like Nanoha.
100% This

Also, it's crazy how much they amped up the fanservice in the anime when the manga wasn't anywhere nearly as bad.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Prillya is weird poo poo

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Baal posted:

C'mon Rie did a great job as Nobu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will allow her credit on that one role

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Please do not discuss the bad pedo show in the Type-Moon Gacha Megathread

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I request that you stop posting "Beatrice" as it besmirches the good name of the Golden Witch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Please do not discuss the bad pedo show in the Type-Moon Gacha Megathread

I'll summon Angry Mainjew to set this thread ablaze

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Remember when Type-Moon made other things???

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, Tsukihime 2 kicked rear end.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

Aside from Kara no Kyoukai? No, nothing comes to mind.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I will never forgive this world it's lack of good Canaan fanart.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Isn't Canaan famously just the worst route, and a guest route at that, of a much larger game?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I finished the event, woo, and have a total haul of 44 million QP and spent half of it maxing out skills until once again, stupid dragon teeth being my drat bottleneck. :(

Sanguinia posted:

These are my hot takes.

Also TINY GIL, YEAAAAAAH

Young Gil is a huge draw for me as well.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rodyle posted:

I request that you stop posting "Beatrice" as it besmirches the good name of the Golden Witch

they should put beatrice in f/go, then maybe i would play it

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

alcharagia posted:

they should put beatrice in f/go, then maybe i would play it

I would love it if it were the Dark Souls version.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Well, that seems rather fanservicy even compared to some of the previous stuff.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Even then, i still approve of big boob Iri.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Agreed, it is fanservice but I like it better than a lot of the other final ascension fanservice art.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

motoh posted:

I will never forgive this world it's lack of good Canaan fanart.

I actually really liked Canaan, from what I remember of it. You basically gave Arceuid Mystic Eyes and a gun. Did she have a gun? I don't remember.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Someone posted a FSN Slice of Life comic that's really really good, reminds me of some Touhou doujins for some reason.

We really don't get enough of Martial Arts Rin outside of UBW I think.

e: Ah, some potentially NSFW in some of the pages. :( Poor Shirou.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sadly translations of One day! stopped right before the final volume. I think we got up to like volume 14 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wow, One Day, that's going WAAAAAY back