Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Larry Wilmore said that he knew after the Wolf Blitzer joke that pretty much his whole routine was going to be too harsh for that audience but OH WELL

I kinda like doing it as a roast because it's more entertaining than unrelenting rear end kissing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

empireofcrime posted:

Try to fight the secondhand embarrassment and "fellow kids" vibes from this article. I wouldn't say that if I didn't think this article wasn't trying to be serious in using RPG analogies to show how Clinton is the better candidate:

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/727810270991626241

Hillary is a total Sylvanas. A literal Banshee who had some bad stuff happen to her and you feel bad for all the smear campaigns but then you realize, oh wait, she is a horrible excuse for a human being after all.

Yeah she isn't Hitler Garrosh and I guess thats a point in her favor, but not by very much.

Bernie is keeping it cool and impossible to kill like Vol'jin.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

empireofcrime posted:

Try to fight the secondhand embarrassment and "fellow kids" vibes from this article. I wouldn't say that if I didn't think this article wasn't trying to be serious in using RPG analogies to show how Clinton is the better candidate:

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/727810270991626241

"Politics should be thought of like a really lovely JRPG from twenty years ago, and Bernie is trying to stream a low-level run on Twitch which is obviously bad and you should root for him to lose" -- someone who really "gets" video games

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
It's time for us to start spamming SMORC at Hillary.

It's our path to victory at this point.

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.
What's gonna happen if Trump successfully runs to the left of Clinton on enough issues and uses her own poo poo against her? He's not going to back off because a wave of "progressive women" demand he stop being a bigot or some poo poo. He's not going to be timid about twisting the knife and people are going to eat it up.

https://twitter.com/TheBpDShow/status/727831508241764352

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Posting at 8:15am cuz I'm old and get up early or else I'd poo poo myself. Also I have two new rat babies and I wanted to check on them and give them some melon :)

I haven't thought of names yet so if anyone wants to give suggestions that's cool.

Bernie Sanders y'all.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Hillary is a total Sylvanas. A literal Banshee who had some bad stuff happen to her and you feel bad for all the smear campaigns but then you realize, oh wait, she is a horrible excuse for a human being after all.

Yeah she isn't Hitler Garrosh and I guess thats a point in her favor, but not by very much.

Clinton is any of a number of lovely video game politicians. Bernie has no obvious analogue, because political figures in video games that actually care about people don't live through the opening cutscene.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Goobish posted:

Posting at 8:15am cuz I'm old and get up early or else I'd poo poo myself. Also I have two new rat babies and I wanted to check on them and give them some melon :)

I haven't thought of names yet so if anyone wants to give suggestions that's cool.

Bernie Sanders y'all.

Liam. Klob. Scrungus. Tim Russert.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
Bernie is Arthas and at some point he will become corrupted by unimaginable power in his quest to do right by us

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ah, the sun rises after another state falls to our dark lord and master

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Hillary is going to Third Way so loving hard to try to pick up Never Trump Republicans. She isn't gonna even pay lip service to progressives. Hell. Even before Trump became the nominee she indicated a willingness to compromise on abortion.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPNRh7tGES0

Parents of the century imo.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Also enjoying all the 'trump has no chance in the general' chat. If yesterday didn't inspire any self reflection I guess nothing will.

Acelerion has issued a correction as of 13:29 on May 4, 2016

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
hey everybody

this new full-time job I just started got me workin some long hours so I have less bernie thread time

in any case I just wanted to drop by and say something to y'all ...

bernie :bernget:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
are those rats mid coitus??

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Hillary is going to Third Way so loving hard to try to pick up Never Trump Republicans. She isn't gonna even pay lip service to progressives. Hell. Even before Trump became the nominee she indicated a willingness to compromise on abortion.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Acelerion posted:

Also enjoying all the 'trump has no chance in the general' chat. If yesterday didn't inspire any self reflection I guess nothing will.
Love how so many people seem to ignore that Hillary is Trump's ideal opponent since he has a mountain of personal and character destroying attacks to make with all the poo poo in her past and present. I'm waiting for Jeb! to get some PTSD flashbacks during the general now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I in no way think it is a sure thing that Trump will beat Hillary (or vice versa). But the Hillary-ites are saying right now exactly what the Republicans were saying a few months ago.

Especially since while Trump is a lunatic and I won't vote for him and I'd never want him to be president, compared to somebody like Santorum, Huckabee, Jindal, Cruz, or half the other clowns the Republicans put up he's a lot less repulsive. They are all narcissistic clowns. At least Trump is a narcissistic clown who isn't also a theocrat.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
lol @ how vanilla Stewart was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFZbkXImC8

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Cephalocidal posted:

Clinton is any of a number of lovely video game politicians. Bernie has no obvious analogue, because political figures in video games that actually care about people don't live through the opening cutscene.

I'm sorry, I can only understand politics through Warcraft references.

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Bernie is Arthas and at some point he will become corrupted by unimaginable power in his quest to do right by us

This guy gets it.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Lord of Pie posted:

Larry Wilmore said that he knew after the Wolf Blitzer joke that pretty much his whole routine was going to be too harsh for that audience but OH WELL

I kinda like doing it as a roast because it's more entertaining than unrelenting rear end kissing

omg please provide the link. hahaha I totally believe it, given his normal schtick

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
lmfao good luck Hillary vs Trump, you're both corrupt as poo poo gently caress goddamn saw my balls off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQXWz7k2Es

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I want you to know I googled wolfsbane and one of the alternate names it's apparently known by is Queen of all Poisons

Bernie please somehow become president. thank you.

yeah i know, its absolutely stupid.

dont even get me started on the casual homophobia and racism.. They just left. SIGH

I need a vacation.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Where can I get a Birdy button? That would make a perfect mother's day gift.

I got mine when I went to the campaign office to volunteer.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

I mean they're both males but I won't judge them if they're gay and/or identify with a different gender.

(They're just cuddling cuz they're a bit scared in the new environment :3: )

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yes. This. Owns. The only reasons to be in Indiana are to attend college football games and attend Indycar related evets.

IndyCar fans? In my YCS thread?

It's more likely than you think!

(Best loving racing series on the planet)

Seriously the Indy GP loving owns. You get to see Indy, Lights, Pro Mazda and Formula Ford. Go see it! There's an IndyCar thread in SAS btw! Post in it and ask the posters in there about more info!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759131&pagenumber=40#lastpost

Already a regular lurker in the Indycar thread. My college graduation present was a ride in the two-seater.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Sashimi posted:

Love how so many people seem to ignore that Hillary is Trump's ideal opponent since he has a mountain of personal and character destroying attacks to make with all the poo poo in her past and present. I'm waiting for Jeb! to get some PTSD flashbacks during the general now.

Agreed. He will throw every personal and baseless attack he can think of. 90% will be rediculous, 10% will happen to be true.

Clintons style of legalese-ing her responses isn't going to work. Trump will have five more acqusations out by the time she's done with one.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

What's up you meme-loving fucks

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I've been rewatching DS9 and I can't stop seeing Kai Winn as Hillary, send help

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I've been rewatching DS9 and I can't stop seeing Kai Winn as Hillary, send help

holy poo poo

Right down to the costumes

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

ANGRYGREEK posted:

holy poo poo

Right down to the costumes

Her "you may go, my child" to Kira in Sisko's office was so condescending-Hillary I almost did a spit-take at that scene XD

Kept expecting her to say, 'Well you try running for something, DEAR"

that and the whole exchange with them later where Winn's like "Why don't the prophets like me?" and Kira's like "Because you only care about your own ambition, not about the people you're supposed to lead or the ideals you claim to stand for. If you really want to earn everyone's respect, stop clinging to your office for your own self-aggrandizement and step down gracefully."

And Winn's like "Uh, NO, the people of Bajor NEED ME, I'm the only one who can lead them! And why should I give up the high office? I EARNED IT. I worked hard within the system all my life! I deserve it!"

it was just so loving on the nose I think the writers are psychic.

I'm just trying to figger out who Gul Dukat is now.

YOU A FUCKING HAT has issued a correction as of 14:17 on May 4, 2016

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mariana Horchata posted:

Did somebody post a picture of trump and the Republican Party?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

YOU A loving HAT posted:

Her "you may go, my child" to Kira in Sisko's office was so condescending-Hillary I almost did a spit-take at that scene XD

Kept expecting her to say, 'Well you try running for something, DEAR"

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

YES

THIS

THISSSSSS

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

YOU A loving HAT posted:

What's up you meme-loving fucks

Hailing Satan, posting 'bout Bernie. The usual.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bernie is Sir Arthur and the Democratic primary is Ghosts and Goblins. It's pointlessly difficult because the people who designed the thing don't actually want you to get to the end and there's a bunch of big gently caress yous at every level. And even if you do finish it it turns out you have to go through the whole thing all over again to get the real ending.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i am so looking forward to when dead gay sanders bends his knee and prostrates himself in front of the hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I'm eagerly waiting for the inevitable merging of DS9 and politics, where Hillary realizes no one's ever going to like her the way they like Bernie and she casts off her robe and sacrifices a fellow politician to the fires of the pah-Wraiths and/or republicans.

and is still rejected as their emissary and burns for her hubris

• Locked thread