Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Mikujin posted:

It really, really doesn't, and here's the best way to show it:

It's much more niche now and directed at champs like Kayle, Kog'maw, and Jax. Otherwise it's just a lot more gold for a lot less pay-off than what it currently is.

E: And it's even more hilarious that now that it requires an attack speed item to build it gives you less attack speed than the live version.

for some dumb reason i thought it kept the on-hit damage and only lost the cleave

yeah no thats pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does it not have to build the stacks up over a few attacks anymore or something?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

The Shortest Path posted:

Does it not have to build the stacks up over a few attacks anymore or something?

Nope, it's the same a worse stacking mechanic but (also) worse stats and more expensive/inefficient.

e: vvv oh..

foutre fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 4, 2016

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

foutre posted:

Nope, it's the same stacking mechanic but worse stats and more expensive/inefficient.

it also stacks slower on melee champs

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Currently Rageblade gives you 2 stacks per basic attack (+16% AS, +6 AD, +8 AP) until you cap at 8 stacks, when you get the AOE cleave/on-hit. The new Rageblade gives 1 stack per auto (+8% AS, +3 AD, +4 AP) but it caps at 6 stacks (6 autos to cap instead of 4) at which point you get the phantom hit passive.

Basically if you're not named Kayle or Jax or Kog'maw you won't build it. Any maybe not even then. The bloated cost coupled with the even more tedious to maintain stacking limitations - they are not changing the duration they last or how they fall off - means there is very little pay-off for such an expensive purchase.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i wonder if maw/steraks as a combo is going to be stronger, now that you'll get both steraks shield and maw lifesteal passive at like 70% health

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Like I said I'm terrible at tooltips but I thought they were making those items non-stackable with overlapping shield effects.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i figured they were the same function on both items, but that you can only have one shield, and whichever shield you get first (low health, magic damage trigger or burst damage trigger) is determined by which conditions are met, and then you get the extra maw passive whenever that happens

i havent seen the items themselves though, just their patch notes description

edit: it would be wasting a lot, though

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 4, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
old rageblade was so good on yorick.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Alas, yorick was bad on summoners rift.

e: boring to me*

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Verviticus posted:

i figured they were the same function on both items, but that you can only have one shield, and whichever shield you get first (low health, magic damage trigger or burst damage trigger) is determined by which conditions are met, and then you get the extra maw passive whenever that happens

i havent seen the items themselves though, just their patch notes description

edit: it would be wasting a lot, though

It works exactly like you think it does, Verv. Maw and Sterak's shield components are now both keyworded UNIQUE - Lifeline, so when you trigger one the other is put on CD, but both items have secondary effects that trigger when Lifeline is activated (Sterak's Fury and Lifegrip) which both happen when either Lifeline is triggered. Since you get whichever shield is triggered first, I assume that if you're full HP you will more often than not get the Sterak's Gage shield rather than Maw.

So for now, all the buffs, only one of the shields. If it's still deemed too strong they'll do something else.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Taliyah's Alt skin and powers, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZoeOWT0ISc

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

foutre posted:

Alas, yorick was bad on summoners rift.

e: boring to me*

no he is good and fun!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

warwick is gonna be gutted by these item changes

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Endorph posted:

Bloodrazor was always great on Warwick (just way too expensive). If new Jungle Bloodrazor costs about as much as any other jungle item then he'll be just fine. Any item that causes his ult to gain "+18% targets max HP in damage" seems totally ok.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Warwick ult is going to be super strong with the new jungle item actually, also the way red buff interacts with it is changing to increase the damage even further so ???

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
More anime incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytohibu3UmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7Wk2i6WGw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id never actually looked at the new bloodrazor, lol

still gonna miss slashing someone 18 times tho, and i do think it'll weaken his combat sustain

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm hype for the second ever good shyv skin, the first of which one can actually buy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the reason there are no good shyv skins is that she has a crappy design

her hulk hands that she slaps people with are garbage

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

did you actually read the item changes or ????

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Ice Drake Shyvana is a actually a really good skin, yo.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 4, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

did you actually read the item changes or ????
my eyes were blocked by the tears from the removal of boot enchants

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Kokoro Wish posted:

Ice Drake Shyvana is a actually a really good skin, yo.

Her tits look great in that splash I agree,

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mikujin posted:

Currently Rageblade gives you 2 stacks per basic attack (+16% AS, +6 AD, +8 AP) until you cap at 8 stacks, when you get the AOE cleave/on-hit. The new Rageblade gives 1 stack per auto (+8% AS, +3 AD, +4 AP) but it caps at 6 stacks (6 autos to cap instead of 4) at which point you get the phantom hit passive.

Basically if you're not named Kayle or Jax or Kog'maw you won't build it. Any maybe not even then. The bloated cost coupled with the even more tedious to maintain stacking limitations - they are not changing the duration they last or how they fall off - means there is very little pay-off for such an expensive purchase.

The lack of the AOE splash just makes it look garbage for kog'maw, and I'm not sure the added phantom hit will compensate.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i cant wait for ap on hit warwick to be the new meta build.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
you're just gonna see xin zhao and jax in lane instead of in the jungle

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Supposedly Smite Vayne (lane or jungle) is the new hotness because Guinsoo's triggers both her W and the Bloodrazor on hit damage, giving her 21% max hp damage every two hits.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

The lack of the AOE splash just makes it look garbage for kog'maw, and I'm not sure the added phantom hit will compensate.

it looks like they removed the melee/ranged difference so i could see it being really good for him if you build a few on-hit items then guinsoo's

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Crazy Larry posted:

Supposedly Smite Vayne (lane or jungle) is the new hotness because Guinsoo's triggers both her W and the Bloodrazor on hit damage, giving her 21% max hp damage every two hits.

I'll test this when I wake up. lol if true

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

I'll test this when I wake up. lol if true

Not sure if it's carrying over to live but it was on PBE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAMJ0QTQQRw

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You could instead take a real summoner spell and build IE+PD or whatever instead and do even more damage to anyone who isn't sitting on several thousand health and a bunch of armor.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

You could instead take a real summoner spell and build IE+PD or whatever instead and do even more damage to anyone who isn't sitting on several thousand health and a bunch of armor.

I can't say for sure if this is good or not, but let's not act like there hasn't been a meta where Red Smite + jungle item was so strong that laners were forgoing flash for smite. It wouldn't be :riot: if a jungle change didn't have unintended consequences for laners.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

New herald looks completely hosed. Losing 1 fight when the enemy junglers nearby top or mid means you don't get to do stuff for 20 minutes with 0 counterplay?

I agree that the concept is pretty stupid. I'm not a big fan of game play elements like that.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

I'm confused at tying the champion mastery level 6 and 7 stuff to hextech crafting with the one chest per champ per season limit. If I'm an Irelia one-trick and I just spam Irelia, I'll get the mastery Tokens, but won't I never actually get the crafting stuff I need for level 6-7 since I can't get multiple chests with her?

If you're a mono-champion you're hosed, yes. Your safest bet is to do the rotating games during the weekend where your MMR is lower, pick something similar to what you're used and go nuts.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody try Swain top and tell me how he is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nunu owns on this patch. solo rift herald, bully your lane opponent, steamroll.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Endorph posted:

nunu owns on this patch. solo rift herald, bully your lane opponent, steamroll.

??????????

This guy?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

god if only i could play the gromp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remove yorick from the game, replace him with the gromp. yorick put as jungle creep.

• Locked thread