Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aw poo poo, it's English Gundam game time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

ImpAtom posted:

Aw poo poo, it's English Gundam game time.
私のパーツが!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really, really want to import that for PS4 but I know when I do Bamco will announce the US release.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I really, really want to import that for PS4 but I know when I do Bamco will announce the US release.

Is it your turn or my turn to get burned on this, I haven't been keeping track.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Well one of you needs to fall on your sword to save us all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I just fell on the sword for Miku DIVA X but that seemed kind of obvious for an overseas release.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I figured that if it doesn't get announced by E3 that it would be safe to go ahead and import.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

The skill point in chapter 31 Earth route of OG2nd is killing me. I have two turns to get Ibis two kills (against mass-produced Jinrai, which have 16k health) AND get her to a specific square that she needs to be in plane form to reach in time, so I have to have people rush in and weaken the jinrai for her...which seems kinda difficult, since 90% of my guys can't move far enough to reach them in the first turn! Aaaaaaa

e: Got it. Was a particularly nasty skill point, had to shuffle around pairs so I had people with good post movement attacks paired with accel users.

e2: have I mentioned that fighting jinrai is loving torture

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 3, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The GIG posted:

I figured that if it doesn't get announced by E3 that it would be safe to go ahead and import.

Okay everybody, I'm gonna be the mule on this one. I'll import when I get my tax return in a few day.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im importing it. Should be in the mail somewhere, Ill let you know when it arrives in 1-2 weeks or whatever the gently caress it takes.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
God speed you schmucks.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Do you need to import it? Isn't it available in some non-Japan/China PSN, like Hong Kong?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Brunom1 posted:

Do you need to import it? Isn't it available in some non-Japan/China PSN, like Hong Kong?

I haven't imported a PS4 game yet and want a fancy Japanese case to put on my shelf. Also I think it'd cost a little more to buy the HKD to get the digital version and I'd have some left over and ugggghhh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

I'm not sure how to set up an HK PSN account. :smith:

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Anyone playing Gundam Breaker 3 should keep this guide handy, apparently from the Gundam Breakers Facebook group. Despite the fact that the game is in English now, there's annoyingly still no way to tell what any of your unique mech abilities do without checking them online, which is rather a horrendous miss, particularly since two that are in the same category (such as life increased by x%) won't stack and you'll be outright wasting slots.

The ones that increase the length of trance ex durations, such as the twin drive system, are incredible and you should get something from that category asap.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Policenaut posted:

I haven't imported a PS4 game yet and want a fancy Japanese case to put on my shelf. Also I think it'd cost a little more to buy the HKD to get the digital version and I'd have some left over and ugggghhh

Buy the SEA English version, it's actually pretty cheap(if I recall properly before shipping it's about 53 bucks)

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure how to set up an HK PSN account. :smith:

I used Singapore because the English version wasn't up on the HK psn at the time.

Basically all you have to do is google "Singapore psn". The website is in English and you sign up exactly as you would for the English one. It will request an address, for which I googled a Singapore McDonald's.

After that you can log onto the psn on your ps4 the same way you'd log onto any son account. To pay for it you will need to buy psn cards for Singapore, I got mine from Play Asia because I was impatient but you might be able to save a bit if you shop around for ones matching the exact value you need.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

I used Singapore because the English version wasn't up on the HK psn at the time.

Basically all you have to do is google "Singapore psn". The website is in English and you sign up exactly as you would for the English one. It will request an address, for which I googled a Singapore McDonald's.

After that you can log onto the psn on your ps4 the same way you'd log onto any son account. To pay for it you will need to buy psn cards for Singapore, I got mine from Play Asia because I was impatient but you might be able to save a bit if you shop around for ones matching the exact value you need.

Nice! Thanks a lot.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Policenaut posted:

I ended up ordering this http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1 from Amiami because I wanted the special box and goodies it came with. :negative:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Did anyone in here use the Fairlions in OG2nd? If so, how? I love the little princess idol bots, but their S size and unimpressive attack power means they do basically no damage to anything unless they're using their combo, which they can't use a whole lot. I don't see ignore size penalty on the buyable skill list, either.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Did anyone in here use the Fairlions in OG2nd? If so, how? I love the little princess idol bots, but their S size and unimpressive attack power means they do basically no damage to anything unless they're using their combo, which they can't use a whole lot. I don't see ignore size penalty on the buyable skill list, either.

The combo attack is really all they need. Pump their energy up and spam it 24/7. If you feel like they need more give them one of the equippable super-weapons.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

I remember reading recently that there isn't a damage penalty for size in OG2nd, only accuracy, which feels like it absolutely can't be right but also iirc no attack or weapon in the game mentions having the Ignore Size property? Whether that's true or not I've used them every time. They need an equippable weapon for something, I think it might be for a post movement ALL attack? I remember giving them shotguns, but otherwise like ImpAtom says just throwing RHB at things is all they need. I think my Fairlion twins last run were Ryusei/Latooni and Mai (ART1)/Shine so they can run around throwing out T-Link Knuckle and RHB combos until its time for the SRX and then they're set up nicely for HTB/RHB maximum breaks.

Dynamic kill on the RHB is incredible.

Also I think the Ibis 2 kills + reach the specified point SR point is one of the hardest ones if your teams aren't optimised, there's another one later that also involves Jinrai that feels very RNG torture. There is a stage where you can kill infinite Jinrai with the right set up though (or at least until the PS3 crashes) which is very cathartic on subsequent playthroughs.

BlitzBlast posted:

From what I hear, the Windows 7 version of FMW1 actually buffs Sakuya a little for the final chapter. Coming in with no skills or upgrades still makes her pretty worthless though. :v:

Flandre is probably the outright toughest of the final bosses since (as you noticed) FMW1 restricted you to 10 characters max to make an Agatha Christie gag. If you're on Normal, FMW2 and FMW3's bosses are more dramatic but shouldn't be as much trouble in comparison.

Yeah, I'm on Normal and I've done the first few stages of FMW2 and hooted and hollered when I saw the Minoriko sweet potato collider.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Aww yes.

The #1 Melonbooks in Akihabara is not the most pleasant place to be in though.

I guess the 2nd game's OST still has a few tracks not in 1 or 3? They didn't have any there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
FMW2's OST is similar to FMW3's: one disc for MoF, one disc for PCB, and one disc for miscellaneous new themes (Sakuya's player theme, the SA/UFO cameos, etc).

By the way, the OSTs actually extend quite a few of the songs, so there's a reason to listen to them beyond appreciating the higher quality. FMW1 only did the finisher themes, but FMW2 and 3 extended a wide bunch. I'd recommend listening to the OST version of Parsee and Yuyuko's themes in particular.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is Momiji's Rabies Bite theme only on 2?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yup.

I have it here if you really wanted it.

TheMajinZenki
Aug 17, 2005

If you needed one reason to order the limited edition of Moon Dwellers, here it is!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/10/super-robot-taisen-og-moon-dwellers-trailer-shows-off-beach-based-picture-drama/

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Most people probably don't play the series, but sadly Delta-Arts, who were doing the Medarot RPG games, has closed down.

It's sad, even though Natsume has no desire to bring the series over. it was lovely to learn this just as I finished my runthrough of the GBA remake of the second game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ah, so that's the half-baked explanation as to why we won't have Rampage Ghost, Twin Bird Strike and Royal Heartbreaker right out of the box.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

...I would play Super Robot Taisen Extreme Beach Volleyball.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I wonder which member of the SRX Team will gently caress off somewhere random to gate access to the SRX this time. I think it's Rai's turn, isn't it?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

I wonder which member of the SRX Team will gently caress off somewhere random to gate access to the SRX this time. I think it's Rai's turn, isn't it?
More or less. OG2 had Aya being busy with bringing Mai back up to speed, and 2nd OGs had Ryusei get sent off to play around in ACE R before rejoining the team. Rai's the only one to not be "casually unavailable" to form the SRX at this point.

My money is on either Shine bodyguard duties at some long conference, or Rai needing a prosthesis refit that requires surgery sidelining him.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

If they release a Zengar/Elzam/Kai/Gilliam hot springs episode next I will give them all of my money.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I have so many inappropriate jokes I could make but I'm 99% certain Excellen will make all of them in the picture drama.

If they release a Zengar/Elzam/Kai/Gilliam hot springs episode next I will give them all of my money.

Elzam claims a spot, names it Trombe.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Elzam would name the ball Trombe and you know it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So, one of Banjou's nickname is The Storm, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcPt7NnhwvA

Custom music is fun.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
All right, I see what I'm supposed to do this stage. Guess I'll go ahead and cut a path through the enemies, going at a good pace, moving my supers up towards the boss--

OPERATOR: I'm picking up a signal coming this way!

Da-da-da-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA!!!
*more enemies than there ever were in the first place appear across the entire enemy side, or right next to the battleship because gently caress me*

Every loving time.
I just wish it didn't always play the same music when it happens.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So I'm going through Z3.1 for a fourth time (because I'm dumb and want to clear it five times before finally starting Z3.2) and I still can't for the life of me figure out how to manage Tag Tension after spending it to get another action. On Akurasu it says that you can raise it when "a unit within the Team destroys 2 or more enemy units" or "a pilot within the Team levels up" but I feel like this isn't the case always. Sometimes I just kill the two units and it's still 2 stars afterwards and other times its 0 or 1. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. Is there something else that affects it?

Riddhe (ReZEL) and Hathaway (Re-GZ) went around and I could kill like 4 teams with them before I only had one star (and as far as I can remember they didn't both level up every time, I know Hathaway did and I always killed two teams), but Amuro in Zeta and Banagher could only kill one team before their tag tension was just one star. I want to feed Amuro kills finally. I barely used him my first two playthroughs since I did the Gundam routes in my third playthrough. Instead I just get annoyed that I can't feed Amuro the kills so I just have Heero walk around and Rolling Buster Rifle everyone and oh look map finished in one turn.

When I get Noriko, I pair her with Suzaku (because who ever goes with Noriko is someone who's barely gonna get any kills and Suzaku the the character I like the most out of the ones I like the least) who I just throw the Tension Raiser on, and then pretty much just clear the map with Buster Beams but from time to time I do split attacks and it still lets me keep doing extra actions (on Stage 59 I pretty much do this to kill all the SMTC and Invaders and pad Noriko's kill count).

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 16, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So I'm going through Z3.1 for a fourth time (because I'm dumb and want to clear it five times before finally starting Z3.2) and I still can't for the life of me figure out how to manage Tag Tension after spending it to get another action. On Akurasu it says that you can raise it when "a unit within the Team destroys 2 or more enemy units" or "a pilot within the Team levels up" but I feel like this isn't the case always. Sometimes I just kill the two units and it's still 2 stars afterwards and other times its 0 or 1. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. Is there something else that affects it?

It's kills and level-ups. You want to pair your ultra killer move chainer with a lowbie to get more guaranteed stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Asia region English version of Moon Dwellers due out August 5th, so a month and change after the Japanese release.

• Locked thread