Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lycus posted:

A pirate king with an eye patch might as well have a parrot on their shoulder too.

imo he should def have a parrot and a pegleg, hook hand and poo poo

hell, he could also be a secret YAAARgaryen

kcroy posted:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but my mom emailed me at 3 am about how Tyrion's mother was raped by the mad king and he is a targaryen. Please loving tell me this was in the show last night.

edit: also some insight from my mom about how she knows Robert raped Lyanna:

I like the part about how Tyrion was actually avenging his Father by killing Tywin.

Also what if Robert did actually rape Lyanna, and Jon is a Baratheon ( black hair and all )?

EDIT: Tyrion being a secret targ makes more sense if jon actually is a Barathion. Originally it was an absurd idea because how many loving secret targs are there? But poo poo... maybe there is only one and that is Tyrion. plus didn't he all make friends with dragons last night?

ha, these are really good

have many people thought about bob being john's dad before?

Fhate posted:

I wouldn't be surprised. They never mentioned it in the show, but Rob legitimized Jon before he died, and since Jon has technically died, his oath to the Night's Watch is fulfilled. If both those facts were known he'd be Jon Stark, King in the North. Umber, Manderly, Mormont, and virtually every other northern house would rally to his cause in an instant, not to mention the enormous horde of wildlings who have nobody better to follow.

drat, it is fulfilled

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
maybe leeanne warged hodor?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I'll just leave this here if anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh my god

He's been trying to warn everything that she's a Ho and she ran out the Door

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I can't really wade through the toxic levels of irony here but

are people unironically trying to say Robert is Jon's dad and also Tyrion is a secret Targaryen?

Did we go back in time or something?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Malpais Legate posted:

are people unironically trying to say Robert is Jon's dad and also Tyrion is a secret Targaryen?

1. not really, 2. maybe, depends on how much of a hack GRRM is

the dragons being cool with Tyrion is a sliver of evidence in favor of it

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Maybe the dragons just like people who are chill and not total douches about how they're huge firebreathing lizards.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bob is Jon's papa, it is known

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Jon Snow, black of hair

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Bob is Jon's papa, it is known

mcustic posted:

Jon Snow, black of hair
The force-ghost of King Robert visits a resurrected Jon.
"Did ya fook any girls?"
"...one."
"That's it? So ya fancy the boys then, do ya? Gods!"
"What? No!"
"Then what are ya waitin' for? Winter's a long time, go out there and have a Snow-storm!"

In conclusion, I declare this theory to be called Snowstorm because Robert was lord of the Stormlands and Jon Snow's last name is Snow. Thank you for your time.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

"Did ya fook any girls?"
"...one."
"What? No!"
"Then what are ya waitin' for? Winter's a long time, go out there and have a Snow-storm!"

In conclusion, I declare this theory to be called Snowstorm because Robert was lord of the Stormlands and Jon Snow's last name is Snow. Thank you for your time.

Seconded.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

MrSlam posted:

"Did ya fook any girls?"
"...one."
"What? No!"

Already better than the current season.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just had it pointed out that Melisandre is sitting under a bunch of blankets in the scene where Davos comes in. Mel is never cold, so that was a neat touch to show that she's lost faith.

I'm assuming because it was subtle and clever that D&D didn't come up with it, and it was probably a book nerd on set.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Just had it pointed out that Melisandre is sitting under a bunch of blankets in the scene where Davos comes in. Mel is never cold, so that was a neat touch to show that she's lost faith.

I'm assuming because it was subtle and clever that D&D didn't come up with it, and it was probably a book nerd on set.

You know drat well they just forgot her never getting cold was a thing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MrSlam posted:

"Did ya fook any girls?"
"...one."
"What? No!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I liked it a little better when I thought that exchange is what brought him back

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SirKibbles posted:

This.

Also, you know GRRM is writing that Jon wargs into Ghost now, throwing out 8 chapters and adding two more years until TWoW is released.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nooneofconsequence posted:

How does an 8 foot tall man in full armor sneak up on someone without making a sound

He didn't. You could hear him walking up as the drunk-as-gently caress dude was taking a piss.

CaptainRightful posted:

The Manderlys got name-checked last night, so there's still a slight chance for Frey pie.

The "up next on..." thing showed a guy presenting a gift to Ramsay, it wasn't a Manderly talking was it?

In the inevitable showdown if the Marderlys aren't fighting Ramsay's forces it's going to be loving weird though. But at the same time the show doesn't have a reason to do so because it hasn't shown that plot at all. :(

Still, the upcoming battle's going to be cool. I want to see them slap together some armor for Wun Wun and just watch him run around the battlefield as a massive living siege weapon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The "up next on..." thing showed a guy presenting a gift to Ramsay, it wasn't a Manderly talking was it?
Umber.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Tolkien is rolling in his grave. Martin is rolling in his gravy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MrSlam posted:

There is room in this world for a Mel Brooks Game of Thrones parody

This is something I didn't know I needed in my life til right now. Mel Brooks riffing off fantasy knights and dragons and poo poo would be awesome.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

ruddiger posted:

This is something I didn't know I needed in my life til right now. Mel Brooks riffing off fantasy knights and dragons and poo poo would be awesome.

"It's good loving deadly to be the king!"

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Mel Brooks for High Septon. Also, a ni*shame bell*er for King's Hand.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
poo poo I thought Mel Brooks died 15 years ago.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SirKibbles posted:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cornwind Evil posted:

i'm the computer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

poo poo I thought Mel Brooks died 15 years ago.

You should watch is "Live at the Geffen" stand up show. He's in his eighties and he's still a riot.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Mel Brooks for no-glamour Melisandre

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

She's also pregnant in real life, and I don't know how pregnant she was at the time of filming, but so far they've made sure not to show her mid-section on the show (at least from the front). The blankets might have just be an "oh poo poo, how do we hide her pregnancy?" situation.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cornwind Evil posted:

Pro click

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Tolkien wrecks bitches from beyond the grave, each year, every year.
(are the rhymes always that cringeworthy because wow)

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Of course Tolkien wins and of course it's cringey as gently caress. He'd hate that, even though he definitely deserves the victory.

SirKibbles posted:

There's plenty of actually dumb things to mock about the show, there's no need to make things up. This is pretty clearly them following up on her losing faith.

Cavelcade fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 4, 2016

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Really loving terrible song lyrics are Tolkien as gently caress though.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Mnemosyne posted:

She's also pregnant in real life, and I don't know how pregnant she was at the time of filming, but so far they've made sure not to show her mid-section on the show (at least from the front). The blankets might have just be an "oh poo poo, how do we hide her pregnancy?" situation.

They missed out on an opportunity to have pregnant Melisandre use fire magic to give birth to a new baby Stannis complete with Stephen Dillane's 59 year old head. :colbert:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

They missed out on an opportunity to have pregnant Melisandre use fire magic to give birth to a new baby Stannis complete with Stephen Dillane's 59 year old head. :colbert:

I would have accepted this, if they did it without her glamour.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Fargo Fukes posted:

Misty Mountains Cold is a great song and I will fight you about this.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Mnemosyne posted:

She announced her pregnancy about a month ago. As Cavelcade said, sometimes the people making this show do things for legitimate story reasons.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fargo Fukes posted:

I'll take random Hobbit drinking songs over pretty much anything sang in ASOIAF.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

CaptainRightful posted:

She announced her pregnancy about a month ago. As Cavelcade said, sometimes the people making this show do things for legitimate story reasons.

Play with her arse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'll take random Hobbit drinking songs over pretty much anything sang in ASOIAF.

Rains of Castamere is way more dope than the stupid hobbit songs.

Only good song from Tolkien is down down to goblin town.