Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Me IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Hay babe need a spot?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Anyone ever work out hard, then go take a piss and have your groin spasm while you're pissing?

That was new. It sucked.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Going to gym.

I have yet to hear a woman speak positively about "vascularity"--usually the opposite.

Is this one of those weird things that guys assume women like for some reason but actually just grosses them out? Eg, dick pics.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

I have yet to hear a woman speak positively about "vascularity"--usually the opposite.

Is this one of those weird things that guys assume women like for some reason but actually just grosses them out? Eg, dick pics.

Huh? Why would anyone who goes to the gym give a poo poo if women like to look at their body?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
good morning fit crew

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
good morning :D

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Good morning, please work out!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It's not even 5 am. Time for work, then workout after.

Wooooo.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Working out at the end of the day is best, gotta end your day on a good note.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

On the flip side, capri pants were a thing. It's wierd world out there.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The more vascular your arm is, the more it looks like a dick.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Thesaurus posted:

From the women I've talked to - crazy vascularity like that is a no. But having strong forearms with a bit of vein pop is a yes, and strangely enough I've had multiple women tell me that the button up with sleeves partly rolled up to reveal said forearms was a turn on, so maybe a combo of the two?

Someone test this and report back. I'll be too busy camping soon enough to test it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My legs have been sore since last Wednesday. Today is leg day again. This must be what hell is like.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bamhand posted:

My legs have been sore since last Wednesday. Today is leg day again. This must be what hell is like.

Do you know what solves doms? Exercising more. If you do leg day twice a week they won't hurt. This is somehow reality.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I had leg day on Friday too.

Lemming posted:

If you do leg day twice a week they won't hurt. This is somehow reality.

Pretty sure this is completely false.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Every day is leg day.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bamhand posted:

I had leg day on Friday too.

Pretty sure this is completely false.

YMMV but I do 5x5@90% of my 5RM on Monday, light squats Wednesday, and go for a new PR on 5RM on Friday. If I do this, my legs are sore Tuesday-Thursday, but if I throw in 2x10@80% afterwards on Friday they don't hurt at all.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zahgaegun posted:

If you like homeless dudes screeching incoherent poo poo at you on your morning runs then I highly recommend Seattle.

Traveled there for work recently. Can confirm.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Lemming posted:

YMMV but I do 5x5@90% of my 5RM on Monday, light squats Wednesday, and go for a new PR on 5RM on Friday. If I do this, my legs are sore Tuesday-Thursday, but if I throw in 2x10@80% afterwards on Friday they don't hurt at all.

Yeah, I did Texas Method or whatever for a while and I couldn't keep up with the 5 pound increases every week. Plus 5x5@90% was brutal. Props to you though. I did a 3RM followed by 5x10 deadlift@70% on Friday and then went for a hike right after. I think the hike's what did it for me. Usually I'm sore Wed-Fri and then ok by the weekend. In general I just want to lie down and die after I finish the 5x10.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Every day is leg day.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Powerpuff reboot looking bad :wtc:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
please don't doxx me

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Boko Haram posted:

Working out at the end of the day is best, gotta end your day on a good note.

My usual preference is right before lunch. Which I can usually do since we have a decent gym in the basement of my office building, and my job is such that it usually doesn't matter much when I take breaks. It's brilliant because it breaks up my workday into natural-sized chunks of actual work, the gym is usually empty or nearly empty at that time, and going straight from the shower room to eat lunch is pretty nice.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I work out while I work. Dumbells infront of the computer, pullup bar above the workstation, squat rack in the supply room. I simply deadlift my coworkers

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Just try to set 'em down gently.

Don't want to disturb others, now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bamhand posted:

Yeah, I did Texas Method or whatever for a while and I couldn't keep up with the 5 pound increases every week. Plus 5x5@90% was brutal. Props to you though. I did a 3RM followed by 5x10 deadlift@70% on Friday and then went for a hike right after. I think the hike's what did it for me. Usually I'm sore Wed-Fri and then ok by the weekend. In general I just want to lie down and die after I finish the 5x10.

Yeah, five sets of anything is hosed up and I hate it. Between sets 4 and 5 I always consider letting it crush me to death instead of doing the fifth set. Sticking to it though. Gotta die huge.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
It's the 3rd and 4th set that have me contemplating suicide by squat. Set 5 is a sweet release knowing I'm done

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Blown out 3 pairs of jeans in the last couple months from my legs being too swole :cool: One pair was even "relaxed fit" and it was still no match for my glutes and quads

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Buy clothes that fit you fat idiot

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Work canceled since storms, time to bulk and play dark souls

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I handed a stack of papers to a coworker and was accused of unintentional flexing.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

sassassin posted:

Buy clothes that fit you fat idiot

They used to fit, shithead. That's the point.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

plz post your legs

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Hey guys I'm back haven't posted since the 2015 thread but you can bet I've been getting swole. Good to be back miss you.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got a captain of crush grip trainer and holy poo poo my off hand is so much weaker than my primary. Gonna work on balancing that bullshit out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SpeedyCow posted:

They used to fit, shithead. That's the point.

Split them once, shame on them. Split them twice, shame on you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Hmm, I've already split two pairs of jeans in the last couple of months, and these ones seem snug.

I know, I'll wear them anyway and then post about it later!"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

oh great, another pantsplitting thread in the geebs :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

All of my pants are fine

• Locked thread