Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NumberLast posted:

Well I like things that work and have a basis in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys can I just say I took a total of three physics courses in college and have absolutely no opinions w/r/t which element we should fission for energy purposes, I just thought it was kind of funny that someone ITT cares so much about thorium that he named his account THORIUM and posts about thorium all the time

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

hemophilia posted:

you can say that but i want an explanation for why they don't work.

Because the relative volumetric flow would be unmanageable even with the largest electric field energy storage you could build.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

loquacius posted:

Good question, let's go to resident expert SA forums user THORIUM In All Caps for the breakdown

you really are loving retarded aren't you

lmfao this guy thinks I'm a loving gimmick. holy loving poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.

Bockscar posted:

who's down for some Chernobylchat

Have a bit of a fascination with the incident. Read a book called something like Voices or Ghosts of Chernobyl that was stories about the area. There was a nickname for when a person was found to be from Chernobyl which was "Chernobylites". No one would go near them for fear of getting irradiated so they became pariahs.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

THORIUM posted:

You can tell he doesn't care about THORIUM because he didn't say anything about my indictment of flux capacitors, seen in my previous post.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

Sure, the person whose username is THORIUM in all caps is probably a fair and balanced source of information on thorium

I know a lot about Thorium, I mine it in Un'Goro Crater all the time. :smaug:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie's nomination is at the center of Un'Goro crater

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

empireofcrime posted:

Have a bit of a fascination with the incident. Read a book called something like Voices or Ghosts of Chernobyl that was stories about the area. There was a nickname for when a person was found to be from Chernobyl which was "Chernobylites". No one would go near them for fear of getting irradiated so they became pariahs.

The stories about the people gathering on that bridge to watch the pretty rainbow colors and croaking soon after always appeal to the nihilistic goon that I am.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Mr. Horrible posted:

I know a lot about Thorium, I mine it in Un'Goro Crater all the time. :smaug:

:eyepop: Gotta stockpile resources for the next tech tree upgrade

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

THORIUM posted:

ohhhhhh

yeah that makes sense

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

wait fishmech is no longer ik????

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

THORIUM posted:

Also please don't take it too personally :)

I'd rather we not call each other loving retarded when we disagree about THORIUM IS MURDER

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

NumberLast posted:

Help push you over the edge?

Hillary Clinton is a warhawk and blatantly corrupt.

I know all of those things! I have a hard time seeing pictures of Clinton and not thinking she's a snake person. She's pretty much the epitome of everything that's wrong with the Democrats... But then friends of mine are like "what about abortion?"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

wait fishmech is no longer ik????

He is IK, you can be probated by me for fishmech'n tho

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Bernie's nomination is at the center of Un'Goro crater

In vanilla I sat around for like two hours begging for someone to help my warlock kill the elemental at the top of the volcano so I could finally complete the Linken boomerang quest.

I really wish I didn't spend the first five years of that game constantly deleting and re-rolling, I lost some pretty cool stuff. :negative:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I understand Indiana went quite well for this dude.

long ago it was prophesized that Indiana would one day be cool, and perhaps even good, but no one believed it...

...until now

:vince:

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

SneakyFrog posted:

hail matey

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

turtle_07 posted:

I know all of those things! I have a hard time seeing pictures of Clinton and not thinking she's a snake person. She's pretty much the epitome of everything that's wrong with the Democrats... But then friends of mine are like "what about abortion?"

my girlfriend is the same way and i respect her for her concerns, its tricky there we both have strong feelings and the whole rumor of rick scott as flump's running mate is.. utterly terrifying.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SneakyFrog posted:

hail matey

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mail hatey

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Clinton is actually really liked

:laffo:

The meltdowns have been so great this year.

turtle_07 posted:

Good news!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_health.html#!

She's not even president yet and already offering to compromise on abortion! :suicide101:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

turtle_07 posted:

Eh, it's a personal choice for you to take, if you want to vote for Hillary or not. Personally I don't think it makes you a bad or good person either way.

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!
Rick Scott? Oh gently caress, seriously?

Yeah, my fiance called me out on it after reading a facebook fight that I got into with complete strangers.

SneakyFrog posted:

my girlfriend is the same way and i respect her for her concerns, its tricky there we both have strong feelings and the whole rumor of rick scott as flump's running mate is.. utterly terrifying.

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.

Mr. Horrible posted:

Good news!

She's not even president yet and already offering to compromise on abortion! :suicide101:

Also her statement on The View about it being possible to be a feminist and pro-life.

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

Mr. Horrible posted:

Good news!

Aaaaaand I'm out. Hail satan?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol loving rick scott failing upwards, that piece of poo poo is going to run for president for sure now

Bockscar
Jun 17, 2007

empireofcrime posted:

Chernobylite, also a name for the crystals that formed in what was essentially nuclear lava. Chernobyl was bananas.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

turtle_07 posted:

Rick Scott? Oh gently caress, seriously?

Yeah, my fiance called me out on it after reading a facebook fight that I got into with complete strangers.

that scares me.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Bockscar posted:

Chernobylite, also a name for the crystals that formed in what was essentially nuclear lava. Chernobyl was bananas.

Maybe its time to reinstall S.T.A.L.K.E.R. comrades.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

that scares me.

how would you like a chocolate covered pretzel

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SneakyFrog posted:

that scares me.

If you guys want me to stop hailing satan you can't post things like this.

hail satan.

stanovich
Feb 9, 2015

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

SneakyFrog posted:

that scares me.

So few child stars grow up to be successful. Why'd Bat Boy have to be one of them? :negative:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
We won my homestate of Indiana. That makes me happy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

loquacius posted:

Trump's SC nominees would invariably be lawyers he's played golf with or gotten drunk with who he thinks are the country's foremost experts on Constitutional law because they got him drunk once
Trump's VP pick will be his daughter Ivanka and his Supreme Court nominee will be his sister Marion Barry(sic).

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

THORIUM posted:

This guy is right, Thor-Ium has the power if electricity in its name, its literally named after the Thunder-God Thor.

I Welcome the Ragnarok Thorium nuclear reactors will bring to the people who do not wish it.

TinFoilJoy
Oct 15, 2012

Mr. Horrible posted:

Good news!

Reproductive rights is the one thing I thought I could trust Hillary on, but she had to gently caress that up too.
I have said that before, but I feel I can't say it enough. Seriously pisses me off.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Gibberish posted:

I always lol @ anyone who thinks liquid thorium is viable at all tho, for real, do they just like skip over the entire part where there's like a zillion things that don't work in it?

u should change ur av back to the kitty one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Trump's VP pick will be his daughter Ivanka and his Supreme Court nominee will be his sister Marion Barry(sic).

Trump! Trump! It's Marion! Your sister, Marion BARRY. You know that new Justice you're lookin' for? Well, listen to this!

• Locked thread