Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

Fun fact is that Alien: Isolation already natively supports VR and you can turn it on by modufying a couple of files. So nothing has to be manually set. People who played it said it was extremely good. Somebody else played the game with those subwoofer chair vibration thingies and swore that you crap your pants when the Xeno stomps around the room. Combine the two and you get guaranteed heart attacks.

I tried it with the CK2 a year or so back, and while it looks good, you need a strong stomach to play it. There's a couple of bits early on where the game takes camera control away from you, and I had to go lie down for 30 minutes afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gerblyn posted:

There's a couple of bits early on where the game takes camera control away from you, and I had to go lie down for 30 minutes afterwards.

Did your pastor come over and hold your hand and anoint your troubled brow with liniments and salves? Were you on a proper fainting couch after you got the vapors?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

DoublePLayer posted:

Did you guys ever stop to think that it might've just been an honest mistake? A pretty dumb one, sure, but without any loving racial connotations you keep trying to see in every inch of your miserable lives.

I'll have you know my miserable life is measured in centimetres, thanks, rather than your stone-age "inches".

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Did your pastor come over and hold your hand and anoint your troubled brow with liniments and salves? Were you on a proper fainting couch after you got the vapors?

No, but I had to send the boy to the apothecary for a vial of laudanum to rebalance my humors.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DoublePLayer posted:

Did you guys ever stop to think that it might've just been an honest mistake? A pretty dumb one, sure, but without any loving racial connotations you keep trying to see in every inch of your miserable lives.

They say they were just fuckin around with lighting and shading or whatever, and hell, I believe them. Still pretty funny regardless

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

finished FEAR 3. it owned and everyone is wrong

FEAR 3 is loving great.

side rant: real tired of this trend where online fucker idiots can only enjoy a creepy game if they play an inept, wispy idiot who can't defend themselves. it made sense in Amnesia. it doesn't make one lick of loving sense in Outlast, where everyone is killing and mutilating each other left and right but because one bitch guard says "nah bro, YOU SRSLY CAN'T FIGHT THEM DON'T EVEN TRY", you spend the rest of the game a simpering waste of flesh.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Star Wars sale has "the complete saga" and "episode 3" for the exact same price. Is there a reason to buy the later over the former? Does the former not include the later for some reason?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

blackmarketlimb posted:

FEAR 3 is loving great.

side rant: real tired of this trend where online fucker idiots can only enjoy a creepy game if they play an inept, wispy idiot who can't defend themselves. it made sense in Amnesia. it doesn't make one lick of loving sense in Outlast, where everyone is killing and mutilating each other left and right but because one bitch guard says "nah bro, YOU SRSLY CAN'T FIGHT THEM DON'T EVEN TRY", you spend the rest of the game a simpering waste of flesh.

I imagine a shooter, where the game starts you off in the traditional "urban combat" followed by some team taking out your team one by one, only to discover there is something else in the dark killing either side could be interesting.

The threat could be that this enemy could look like a traditional enemy, or be something else, and show up from anywhere without you knowing it. Check all the shadows just in case. Then you kill it, its not immortal, and for a while you are back to regular war just trying to get back to base, before poo poo starts again. Are there more? same one? how to approach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Xander77 posted:

The Star Wars sale has "the complete saga" and "episode 3" for the exact same price. Is there a reason to buy the later over the former? Does the former not include the later for some reason?
They're different games. The Complete Saga is based on the movies while The Clone Wars is based on the animated series.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

DoublePLayer posted:

You're unreasonably angry at this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

blackmarketlimb posted:

FEAR 3 is loving great.

You're a journalist. They're convicted murderers. They have super zombie strength. You have a camera and tasty, tasty skin.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

You're unreasonably angry at this
White peoples' mental gymnastics to try and believe racism is over can be really overbearing at times.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

sliderule posted:

So, I just finished the snowman part of A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build (thanks, Humble Store Sale!), but now I'm wandering in the netherworld where a pillar tells me I'm at 0%, and I'm stuck. Can someone spoiler me what I'm supposed to do?

Okay, I figured it out. Judging by the first new puzzle, I'd say the game size is maybe 50% bigger, but the puzzle format is harder so it will probably take as much time to do that section.

How to access the new puzzles:
After you've finished, exit through the BOTTOM gate where you started.

How the new puzzles work:
Sleeping on the bench will show 3 large balls where the snowmen currently stand. Rearrange the snowmen in non-sleepy-world so that they're close together and you can reconstruct those three into a new snowman in sleepy world.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Stuntman posted:

White peoples' mental gymnastics to try and believe racism is over can be really overbearing at times.

If this stupid bullshit is a noteworthy act of racism then maybe actual racism is over.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lazorexplosion posted:

If this stupid bullshit is a noteworthy act of racism then maybe actual racism is over.
This is a pretty great avatar/post combo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Stuntman posted:

How does "in this specific instance, it may very well have just been an accident so stop calling them racists" translate to "racism is over stop bringing it up"?

You're an idiot.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

WirelessPillow posted:

I imagine a shooter, where the game starts you off in the traditional "urban combat" followed by some team taking out your team one by one, only to discover there is something else in the dark killing either side could be interesting.

The threat could be that this enemy could look like a traditional enemy, or be something else, and show up from anywhere without you knowing it. Check all the shadows just in case. Then you kill it, its not immortal, and for a while you are back to regular war just trying to get back to base, before poo poo starts again. Are there more? same one? how to approach?

That more or less sounds like Predator to me. That would be quite neat.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Stuntman posted:

This is a pretty great avatar/post combo.

I'm sorry different artists drew a made up cartoon videogame woman with different skin colors. It must be very difficult for you and I wish you well in your crusade to fix this outrageous social injustice.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Gerblyn posted:

I tried it with the CK2 a year or so back, and while it looks good, you need a strong stomach to play it. There's a couple of bits early on where the game takes camera control away from you, and I had to go lie down for 30 minutes afterwards.

It took me forever to figure out that you weren't trying to play Crusader Kings 2 in VR.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

With all this Shantae talk, you're all avoiding the important questions:

Just how useless is Bollo going to be in this installment?

Extremely, and that's how I like it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zetsubou-san posted:

games wat i like - humble spring sale edition

100% Orange Juice - $2.09 (-70%) - party game with online play
Osmos - $1.99 (-50%) - chill game about goon lifestyle: growing larger via osmosis
Cubetractor - $1.49 (-85%) - retro-styled puzzler
TIS-100 - $3.49 (-50%) - ZACHTRONICS!!! :argh:
Bionic Dues - $1.49 (-85%) - command a squad of 4 robots to foil a robotic army

I hope that the only reason that Sleeping Dogs isn't on that list is that it shouldn't need to be recommended at this point.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/thea-the-awakening

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Nuuvem is selling a bunch of games for cheap, Dead Rising 3 for 7usd among them:

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/dead-rising-3-apocalypse-edition

Does anyone know how to get past the region lock the site employs? I know the key works, it just won't let me purchase.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Nuuvem is selling a bunch of games for cheap, Dead Rising 3 for 7usd among them:

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/dead-rising-3-apocalypse-edition

Does anyone know how to get past the region lock the site employs? I know the key works, it just won't let me purchase.

If the key is multiregion, try a Brazil VPN. If that doesn't work, they may only accept orders from pp/ credit cards with a .br address.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

King Vidiot posted:

I hope that the only reason that Sleeping Dogs isn't on that list is that it shouldn't need to be recommended at this point.

Sleeping Dogs kinda falls outside the scope of games wat i like

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

Sleeping Dogs kinda falls outside the scope of games wat i like

I know right? It's one of those games everyone likes

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I didn't really like it. The fighting was so simplistic it got really boring really fast, and there wasn't really a lot of complexity to any part of the game. I get that there's brutal combat animations and all but I'd seen them by that point, and over-the-top violence isn't really my thing anyway.

I looked at the city map halfway through and it was just an endless field of the chore icons spreading out forever in front of me so I closed the game. I'm sure it's better than grand theft auto or saint's row or your other Drive-around-fight-people-open-world-game genre entry, but I don't like that genre much so it wasn't for me.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oxxidation posted:

You're a journalist. They're convicted murderers. They have super zombie strength. You have a camera and tasty, tasty skin.

wow i don't think Frank West would appreciate you insinuating he's defenceless and wispy!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wish we had a proper Sleepy Dogs sequel at this point. It was fun to play from beginning to end, but after beating the story - the open world isn't that great to play around in. Just fun to drive.

The Kung Fu tourney DLC was fun, but short. Absolutely hated the Zombie DLC.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

wow i don't think Frank West would appreciate you insinuating he's defenceless and wispy!

He's covered wars, you know

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mzbundifund posted:

I looked at the city map halfway through and it was just an endless field of the chore icons spreading out forever in front of me so I closed the game. I'm sure it's better than grand theft auto or saint's row or your other Drive-around-fight-people-open-world-game genre entry, but I don't like that genre much so it wasn't for me.
Actually it isn't because there's very few ways to cause havoc - guns are restricted and clunky and you only get to drive cars. Sleeping Dogs has a great story mode but the open-world aspects are underwelming at best.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Actually it isn't because there's very few ways to cause havoc - guns are restricted and clunky and you only get to drive cars. Sleeping Dogs has a great story mode but the open-world aspects are underwelming at best.

How many other games let you consume pork buns, then?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sleeping dogs is "more than the sum of its parts"
just like arcanum

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
How many open world games let you drag random people off the streets and then stuff them into the trunks of cars, or dive out of cars into other cars at high speed? While being a cop?

I liked finding random pockets of thugs and introducing their faces to the wall. Or if I was feeling cheeky I'd just drive straight into the crowd.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harlock posted:

I wish we had a proper Sleepy Dogs sequel at this point. It was fun to play from beginning to end, but after beating the story - the open world isn't that great to play around in. Just fun to drive.

The Kung Fu tourney DLC was fun, but short. Absolutely hated the Zombie DLC.

the triad wars f2p game was unsuccessful enough to cancel which obviously means no one wants a other sleeping dogs game, right.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

minema posted:

Is Offworld Trading Company any good? Would be playing it with boyfriend so could get two copies for £30, I've seen people saying it's overpriced but is it worth £15?

It's pretty great, although the online multiplayer community that's been around since beta will completely mangle your poor defenseless corp if you try taking the show on the road. :v:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

If the key is multiregion, try a Brazil VPN. If that doesn't work, they may only accept orders from pp/ credit cards with a .br address.

Bummer, if there's any Brazilian goons able to help out, hit me up.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

lazorexplosion posted:

I'm sorry different artists drew a made up cartoon videogame woman with different skin colors. It must be very difficult for you and I wish you well in your crusade to fix this outrageous social injustice.

I think everyone would agree that there are worse problems in the world than whitewashing a video game character, but people can still cry foul. There's a history of this and it's still ongoing, see: the live-action Ghost in the Shell and Gods of Egypt.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Bummer, if there's any Brazilian goons able to help out, hit me up.

did you even try a brazilian VPN

hola is bad but free and its how I used nuuvem for years. just google how to use hola with nuuvem and there's a lot of guides on how to do it.

make sure you can actually redeem the keys though, some keys are region locked.

Eldred posted:

I think everyone would agree that there are worse problems in the world than whitewashing a video game character, but people can still cry foul. There's a history of this and it's still ongoing, see: the live-action Ghost in the Shell and Gods of Egypt.
:can: this is a bad derail even by my standards, but GitS would definitely have an asian actress if there were an asian actress who could pull even half the crowd scarlett does. If whitewashing is being forced to pick a white actress or not make the movie at all, then yes its whitewashing. It's a poo poo situation for everyone and reflects current american society pretty well tbh.

mbt fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mortimer posted:

did you even try a brazilian VPN

hola is bad but free and its how I used nuuvem for years. just google how to use hola with nuuvem and there's a lot of guides on how to do it.

make sure you can actually redeem the keys though, some keys are region locked.

I've been using FlyVPN and it works great.
Hola is legitimately evil though.

• Locked thread