Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Here is Stovetop posted:

Hey Blinkman, if you are wondering about communication, how about you get them to put patch notes where the launcher actually points to them, so I don't have to go dig in your forums to find them. That would be super sweet.

Yup. It's dumb. That's all I really got on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Hello everyone,

Nobody else has made any suggestions for the ban or Awful lists so I am finalizing them.

Also, I only have 4 confirmed entries. That's kind of sad considering the prizes are pretty good. Just show up and live the dream and you get 2 packs right there.

beedeebee did you decide to enter?

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
I like the idea of the awful tournament and am sad that not enough people have entered. In an attempt to remedy this:

:siren: :siren: I will be awarding a choice of a Set 3 Primal Pack or Jovial Pippit Sleeves code to the player (other than myself) who pulls off the coolest/most absurd/most original combo in the awful tournament :siren: :siren:

I'm not entirely sure how I will decide who gets this reward, but at the minimum you will need to post a screenshot and description of your combo going off. You don't need to win the game or tournament to qualify for the prize.

Also, I'm in for the tournament.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Thanks Goec! That's very generous of you. I've updated the tournament post.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I've got an idea for a deck, but I'm going to be across the country with potentially spotty computer access for a while. If that's fine I'd be totally willing to get in.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I'm in if you can give us through the weekend on deck lists, but there's just no way I have time to put something together in the next few days.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I sent Afgad 4x Exiled Bard AA's to be used as prizes for the goon tournament, I just sold my playset for 2800p a few days ago. People should get in the tournament!

These were given to me by another goon so just passing them on.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Thanks Katkillad! That is a very appropriate prize.

Irony.or.Death posted:

I'm in if you can give us through the weekend on deck lists, but there's just no way I have time to put something together in the next few days.

By "through the weekend" do you mean "May 16th?" I wasn't requiring decklists until the 11th.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So what's the deal with this login warning on the Hex site? They deleting people's cards?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yes, if you didn't login at least one since Gameforge took over. This is to comply with german privacy laws (they aren't allowed to keep the data of people who don't have a business relationship with Gameforge (i.e. agreed to the ToS) for more than 6 months).

No regular logins or anything of the sort will be required to keep the account, this is a one time thing.

I imagine there will be some really angry kickstarter backers in the next few months.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 9, 2016

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Yeah people are going to be apoplectic -- this was sold and backed as a permanent deal, that's the whole idea of an online card collection. Will *Hex* retain a backup, or are people gonna just be hosed?

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
The only time Hex Ent. has actually responded to Kickstarter backers on Kickstarter itself since 2013 has been a smattering of occasions in the comments to select updates--but for the most part, the only kind of conversation activity on Kickstarter is backers upset about updates that aren't full delivery on the Kickstarter pitch--or REALLY angry backers when Cryptozoic promotes e.g. their Ghostbusters Kickstarter via updates (which, I can get why they do it, but it's pretty tone deaf to already irritated Kickstarter folks who have been otherwise largely ignored since the campaign closed.)

Kickstarter backers tend to be a pretty vocal and ornery lot, the degree to which this is or isn't appropriate in the case of Hex is probably debatable, but I do think that Hex Ent. could've gone a long way to mollifying at least some of it by responding more than once every 4 - 6 months to the people that -are- trying to communicate to them, positively or negatively, on the platform where they funded.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah people are going to be apoplectic -- this was sold and backed as a permanent deal, that's the whole idea of an online card collection. Will *Hex* retain a backup, or are people gonna just be hosed?

I'm guessing people will just be hosed. As I understand it retaining backups would be illegal. This is all forced by German law since Gameforge became the publisher so Hex has no flexibility in the matter.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Thrawn200 posted:

I'm guessing people will just be hosed. As I understand it retaining backups would be illegal. This is all forced by German law since Gameforge became the publisher so Hex has no flexibility in the matter.

Oh Christ this is going to be a clisterfuck

How many people have popped into this thread going "hay guys I haven't played in six.months what's up?"

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
They did send e-mails to all of the kickstarter e-mail addresses addressing this issue as well. Again if you logged in in the last 6 months, no problem, if you have NEVER logged in, no problem. Only problematic for people who have logged in once but have not logged in again since Gameforge took over. They have done their best to communicate this out, and the reasoning behind it. I can't really fault them here. They literally cannot under German law maintain accounts for people who have not accepted their TOS. If e-mails hadn't gone out about it, I can imagine folks getting butt hurt, but if you haven't played in 6 months, and you can't even be bothered to read your e-mails from the game company, well, A you aren't interested in playing, which no problem, or you've made a kinda bad mistake in assuming you don't need to read e-mails from people with whom you have "invested" a quantity of money.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Definitely down for the Awful Tournament
If anyone could lend me an Ambush Guide and Twin Eternities that'd be great, would rather not buy junk cards just for this. IGN is Biske

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Trilin posted:

Definitely down for the Awful Tournament
If anyone could lend me an Ambush Guide and Twin Eternities that'd be great, would rather not buy junk cards just for this. IGN is Biske

I sent you a Ambush Guide

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I'll try and play in the Awful tournament, need to come up with some stupid combo that'll lose me the game, yet go off.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Afgad posted:

:siren: SECOND AWFUL TOURNAMENT INCOMING :siren:

I'll participate. I put together a thoroughly awful deck that perfected the arena up until the paladin wiped the floor with it which I take it to mean it's ~*tournament ready*~!

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Afgad posted:

By "through the weekend" do you mean "May 16th?" I wasn't requiring decklists until the 11th.

Maybe just, like, midnight on the 13th. It's a ludicrously busy week and I think I have to scrap my original idea with fury chant officially out.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Irony.or.Death posted:

Maybe just, like, midnight on the 13th. It's a ludicrously busy week and I think I have to scrap my original idea with fury chant officially out.

Sure I can give you until the end of the 13th, that's not a big deal.

:siren: Decklist deadline extended until end of May 13th

(if people have already submitted, you can update your list any time until then)

Afgad fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 10, 2016

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Any chance we can get another extension on the deadline? I'm super busy up to and including the 15th and any Hex time I have I'm trying to spend on deckbuilding/practicing for the Cup of Fate.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

GaistHeidegger posted:

The only time Hex Ent. has actually responded to Kickstarter backers on Kickstarter itself since 2013 has been a smattering of occasions in the comments to select updates--but for the most part, the only kind of conversation activity on Kickstarter is backers upset about updates that aren't full delivery on the Kickstarter pitch--or REALLY angry backers when Cryptozoic promotes e.g. their Ghostbusters Kickstarter via updates (which, I can get why they do it, but it's pretty tone deaf to already irritated Kickstarter folks who have been otherwise largely ignored since the campaign closed.)

Kickstarter backers tend to be a pretty vocal and ornery lot, the degree to which this is or isn't appropriate in the case of Hex is probably debatable, but I do think that Hex Ent. could've gone a long way to mollifying at least some of it by responding more than once every 4 - 6 months to the people that -are- trying to communicate to them, positively or negatively, on the platform where they funded.

Or the backer could contact the developers through forums, in game help, multiple social media channels, or support. For a game that's been available for play for two years. The links to all those are at the bottom of every update. If the backer ever went to any of those places, they'd see people get responded to frequently-- especially on Twitter. Hell, even the Kickstarter message inbox gets cleaned out once every week to three weeks. They've basically chosen the one venue where the devs don't answer questions-- comment threads on individual updates and a project comment page with remarkably poor functionality.

Also not the views of the company as I no longer work there and work somewhere else now.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Blinkman987 posted:

Or the backer could contact the developers through forums, in game help, multiple social media channels, or support. For a game that's been available for play for two years. The links to all those are at the bottom of every update. If the backer ever went to any of those places, they'd see people get responded to frequently-- especially on Twitter. Hell, even the Kickstarter message inbox gets cleaned out once every week to three weeks. They've basically chosen the one venue where the devs don't answer questions-- comment threads on individual updates and a project comment page with remarkably poor functionality.

Also not the views of the company as I no longer work there and work somewhere else now.

ahhhhh that new job smell~ congrats! :toot:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
drat, Hex cut out responding to your own spells, so Plan C/Comet strike is out. I also don't think I'll have time for games since my work schedule was changed, so it might be best if I not take part.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

God of Evil Cows posted:

Any chance we can get another extension on the deadline? I'm super busy up to and including the 15th and any Hex time I have I'm trying to spend on deckbuilding/practicing for the Cup of Fate.

Yeah, if not I'm going to have to drop out. Fly back home finally late tomorrow night and the week has been too hectic to get anything done. No hard feelings if not tho.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, if not I'm going to have to drop out. Fly back home finally late tomorrow night and the week has been too hectic to get anything done. No hard feelings if not tho.

I wouldn't mind one either. I've been busy as hell.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ok, let's just move the deadline until the 16th. Would that be suitable for everyone?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Goec, Go RV!, King Burgundy, I'd like you guys in the tournament but if the 16th isn't ok when would be a good time?

Remember, people who have already submitted decks, you can revise them at any time until I lock it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Afgad posted:

Goec, Go RV!, King Burgundy, I'd like you guys in the tournament but if the 16th isn't ok when would be a good time?

Remember, people who have already submitted decks, you can revise them at any time until I lock it.

I'll get one in to you late tonight!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I started work on one but I haven't had time to hammer it out to a point where I actually like it

It's functional so I guess I can technically go whenever

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Afgad posted:

I'll send in one tonight, sorry for the delay. I have a deck right now, but it is truly awful and I think I can probably make something less terrible.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Go RV! posted:

I started work on one but I haven't had time to hammer it out to a point where I actually like it

It's functional so I guess I can technically go whenever

You actually have to send it to me though.

Speaking of which, I am missing decks from Go RV! and Orabilis, then I can get these brackets set up.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I emailed you something that vaguely resembles a deck. Probably should of put more dual shards in. Oh well.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Finally decided to play this after kickstarting it and messing around sparingly with beta, much better noob user experience now that you can go to hexmeta and find a $25 decklist that works, and then get all the cards in AH.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Afgad posted:

You actually have to send it to me though.

Speaking of which, I am missing decks from Go RV! and Orabilis, then I can get these brackets set up.

Done. It's truly Awful.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Decklists are in!

LET'S DO THIS

:siren: Tournament start! :siren:

Here is the bracket (it was randomly seeded): http://challonge.com/Awful

Here are the decklists.

The decks are on Sheet 2.

I didn't bother asking for IGN names etc. So you guys sort all that out via posting. Schedule your game and report your results to this thread. Please do it within a week if at all possible.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Here is Stovetop posted:

They did send e-mails to all of the kickstarter e-mail addresses addressing this issue as well. Again if you logged in in the last 6 months, no problem, if you have NEVER logged in, no problem. Only problematic for people who have logged in once but have not logged in again since Gameforge took over. They have done their best to communicate this out, and the reasoning behind it.
My account just got deleted and I had heard nothing of this. Apparently the only notice they sent out on this was in a kickstarter update and I have kickstarter updates turned off. They obviously had my email since they sent notice of the deletion, but they did not send anything indicating this was going to happen. Calling that doing 'their best to communicate this out' is kinda bullshit to me, but I obviously haven't played in a while and don't care that much.

EDIT: Looking through the kickstarter updates, they only mentioned this once. Less than a week before the deadline. They pretty much didn't even try to communicate this out.

Presteign fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 18, 2016

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Chalk another person surprised about the deleted account thing. What does this mean? I don't think I ever applied the codes for Kickstarter, either, are those invalid now or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Unapplied codes are still valid. They should still work.

• Locked thread