Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Black Mariah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Dr. Doom
Whitey

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I would love a season long arc of Luke Cage just trying to get the $200 Dr. Doom owes him.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Four Score posted:

Jesus can't even actually turn the wine into his blood and the bread into his body, but some rear end in a top hat gimp surgeon just says "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggarth!" and bam magic, I know who I'm worshipping

Jesus is a Marvel character too, he saved Ghost Rider's rear end before. Enjoy burning in hell for eternity, heathen.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Dr. Doom
Whitey

Privatized prisons

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

I think the flipside to the Punisher as a power fantasy is that the series also makes no bones about the fact that Frank Castle is a broken, miserable man whose ability to have anything resembling a home, family, career, or otherwise a normal life has been destroyed. You might admire the Punisher from a safe distance, if you don't trip his hair-trigger temper. You might think that ultimately he's a good thing for the city. But Jesus Christ you do not want to be the Punisher.

I admire Punisher, he gets poo poo done.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Boogaleeboo posted:

Jesus is a Marvel character too, he saved Ghost Rider's rear end before. Enjoy burning in hell for eternity, heathen.

The Aquarian is pretty clear about the fact that he isn't Jesus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's exactly what Jesus would say.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Not the Aquarian. In Ghost Rider 9 Satan comes for the soul of Johnny Blaze. He is driven off by.....you know, some guy. Just a friend. Who also shows up to help him out a bit later. In a totally not suspicious and suggestive way.

It's Jesus

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Wheeee posted:

I don't know anything about these IPs, does Luke Cage have any interesting villains that can carry his season like Fisk or Kilgrave?

Someone post the image of Luke Cage beating Dr. Doom's rear end for his $200

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

WarLocke posted:

On an unrelated note, anyone on SA-Mart still making custom printed t-shirts?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

It's a crime that we can't have that as an actual plot of a movie or season of TV, seriously.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

WarLocke posted:

So how did that come about? Did he borrow and not pay him back? Did he just steal it?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Doom hired him to do a trivial job and then didn't pay him, so Luke went all the way to Latvia and started beating rear end to get his. I don't know if getting his face beat by squirrels or "Where's my money, honey?" is a lower point for Dr. Doom as a man trying to be taken seriously.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Luke Cage show is never going to top this.

Ever.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Having seen Civil War a week ago I kind of want a War Machine series about Rhodey dealing with his new disability while heroing in a big, beefy suit with lots of guns and missiles and stuff in it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

tsob posted:

Having seen Civil War a week ago I kind of want a War Machine series about Rhodey dealing with his new disability while heroing in a big, beefy suit with lots of guns and missiles and stuff in it.

Netflix Spider-Man (even if the new actor has a weirdly square face)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Luke Cage show is never going to top this.

Ever.

He counts the money in front of Dr. Doom. Goddamn.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

tsob posted:

You're describing the plot of M.A.N.T.I.S..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I always loved the idea that nobody had thought to hit Doom in the same spot more than once before, and that Doom has to escape so often the route to his secret path is worn in the floor.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

I always loved the idea that nobody had thought to hit Doom in the same spot more than once before, and that Doom has to escape so often the route to his secret path is worn in the floor.

Thing is not the brightest guy.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Thing is not the brightest guy.

It's called Clobberin' Time, not Hit One Spot Repeatedly Time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's not officially confirmed yet, but rumor has it Netflix is going to have Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider shows in addition to the Punisher series.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Netflix warms my heart.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Moon Knight. Another superhero I know absolutely nothing about. Is it good?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He's basically multiple personality Batman from what I gather, and has been a bit more grim and focused on the character's issues the last decade or so I think.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Moon Knight is Marc Spector, a mercenary who died doing some shady stuff in Egypt but happened to do so in front of a statue of the much forgotten Egyptian God Khonshu, (or at least he calls himself a god) who rules over the moon and vengeance, and is the protector of those who travel at night.

He resurrects Marc but also kinda shoves his entire divine, alien presence into his head forever and he appears to Marc through visions, but that's not the kind of thing most humans can handle which fucks Marc up mentally.

Khonsu is as fickle and changing as the face of the moon, though, and the nature of his madness as well as Khonshu's level of bloodthirstiness changes over time, or even appears differently to different people.

MK used to be something of a batman clone, but recent runs have played up his dealings with the supernatural and role as a priest and emissary of Khonshu. I'm guessing that's the aspect they'll focus on if he's coming with Ghost Writer and Blad the Impaler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rumours come from a blogger site nobody ever heard of.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm suspicious that this is just an update of that terrible april fools prank.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Moon Knight's latest run started really strong with the first six issues written Warren Ellis. It had enough Warren Ellisness to be surreal and engaging but not too much so it gets confusing and rambling.

Though the Bendis run where Moon Knight hallucinated he was teaming up with other heroes would be fun too.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 19, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mover posted:

Moon Knight is Marc Spector, a mercenary who died doing some shady stuff in Egypt but happened to do so in front of a statue of the much forgotten Egyptian God Khonshu, (or at least he calls himself a god) who rules over the moon and vengeance, and is the protector of those who travel at night.

He resurrects Marc but also kinda shoves his entire divine, alien presence into his head forever and he appears to Marc through visions, but that's not the kind of thing most humans can handle which fucks Marc up mentally.

Khonsu is as fickle and changing as the face of the moon, though, and the nature of his madness as well as Khonshu's level of bloodthirstiness changes over time, or even appears differently to different people.

MK used to be something of a batman clone, but recent runs have played up his dealings with the supernatural and role as a priest and emissary of Khonshu. I'm guessing that's the aspect they'll focus on if he's coming with Ghost Writer and Blad the Impaler.

I really liked the last run he had. Being really into protecting night travelers gave him a nice focus. The competing Konshu disciples doing their own weirdass things at the end of the run was also an interesting concept.

Also I really want to see a guy in bone armor and a giant bird skull helmet fighting a gang of punk rock ghosts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

The rumours come from a blogger site nobody ever heard of.

Yeah, I take it with a grain of salt but they would be pretty cool additions. If they did it, I wonder if they'd go the Blaze or Ketch route for Ghost Rider.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
http://collider.com/luke-cage-plot-details-netflix-mike-colter/

An interview with Mike Colter has some plot details, and another non-answer on whether or not Jessica Jones will appear. I have a feeling we'll be seeing her, but that's based on nothing but hope. I can't wait for Luke Cage.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Moon Knight was the one that cut off his adversary's face wasn't he?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

It's not officially confirmed yet, but rumor has it Netflix is going to have Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider shows in addition to the Punisher series.

Rocksicles posted:

Netflix warms my heart.

Rumor further has it that that article was published on April 1st.

(No worries, I fell for it too.)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Apoplexy posted:

http://collider.com/luke-cage-plot-details-netflix-mike-colter/

An interview with Mike Colter has some plot details, and another non-answer on whether or not Jessica Jones will appear. I have a feeling we'll be seeing her, but that's based on nothing but hope. I can't wait for Luke Cage.

Is there really any doubt that Jessica will at least cameo?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
She'll probably show up towards the end of the season to help tie things in when the writers forget about Black Mariah and start doing MCU crap with Luke's dead wife and "Inhuman Growth Hormone".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Samizdata posted:

Rumor further has it that that article was published on April 1st.

(No worries, I fell for it too.)

The original source everyone's citing says May 16th as far as I can tell. The source itself is the part I question more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

The original source everyone's citing says May 16th as far as I can tell. The source itself is the part I question more.

I saw an original article on one of the movie/TV sites that mentioned that rumor back in mid-April. Even forwarded the link on to someone I know, before I noticed the date of the article.

Well, can't find the original link in my FB message buffer. <shrug>

Annnnnnnd, that's why I couldn't find it. Emailed it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/daredevil/marvel/netflix-announce-moon-knight-and-more-for-2017-and-beyond-a118017