Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

FCQ rush is still really good on Morgana ... I thought I could get away with RoA first, but I just felt so much poorer than I had in previous patches and I really missed the spooky ghosts on TP plays. I literally hit full 6 item build in 28 minutes in the last game I played.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ocean drake + Spirit Visage Garen

It's really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Elentor posted:

I'm gonna tell you guys what Elo Hell truly is.

Imagine if you will a player against whom you can't win no matter the circumstances.

As bad as I am I've won some matches against the bad LCS teams that come from my country in 3s and 5s so theoretically there shouldn't be a lot of people capable of giving me a 0% win rate in this God forsaken server.

But there is this one guy and since he started playing it's been absolutely impossible winning any match whatsoever against him no matter which one of his teams he's playing. And almost every match for the past 3 months has been against him.

8 PM thursday on your Diamond team? His #1 team that is 500 points above the #2.
Been on a hiatus for 2 weeks and my friend ask me to play on a new team 9 am saturday? His smurf team.
Overwatch beta's over so your friends finally ask you out to play LoL again? You bet you're not winning today.
Any time whatsoever, any day whatsoever? This motherfucker.

The top 1 solo queue player with his challenger friends present not a lot of challenge, but this guy and his 2 platinum buddies he's carrying on his smurf team? Pretty much impossible.

I'm trapped in my own personal hell. Please send help.

Edit: Apparently from people who talked to him he claims to be a smurf neither from BR nor from NA.

On JP server my buddy and I just grabbed Challenger and we played a game with Gold I, Plat 5 and Diamond 5. The other team was Silver 1 and a handful of low Diamonds. I have no loving idea how it's possible. Elo is a magical thing.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

AHH FUGH posted:

On JP server my buddy and I just grabbed Challenger and we played a game with Gold I, Plat 5 and Diamond 5. The other team was Silver 1 and a handful of low Diamonds. I have no loving idea how it's possible. Elo is a magical thing.

JP, the server where the game is made up and the points don't matter.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Jp is the new LAN

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
LAN had actually been around for long enough that me and GPV met the usual spike in quality around d3, actually. They're not comparable at all.

I know it's a funny running joke that LAN is a joke server but a d3 player there will be comparable to a d3 player here and a random player in diamond 5 on that server is still going to be a better player than 95% of the thread

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

LAN had actually been around for long enough that me and GPV met the usual spike in quality around d3, actually. They're not comparable at all.

I know it's a funny running joke that LAN is a joke server but a d3 player there will be comparable to a d3 player here and a random player in diamond 5 on that server is still going to be a better player than 95% of the thread

No, the joke is that a bunch of people transferred to that server and ranked up and started acting like they were the new diamonds on the rise when realistically they were the same players just doing things a little bit faster against players that were a little bit worse due to mmr discrepancies between the two servers and I'm making the same joke here even though that guy is actually pretty good

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i imagine the skill level on LAN is pretty comparable to NA now since more and more people are playing ranked. Japan will be good in several months and gibberish was already high elo on NA with 180 ping iirc

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Bond you were talking massive poo poo being a big fish in a very tiny pond. People had all the right to make fun of you, and you got massively upset about it in a very funny way. I don't think Gibberish is talking up how he's some kind of demigod for playing on the JP servers in the way that Flaemingbleck/you/a few others talked up playing on LAN. Methanar has/had some kind of unholy bad ping and is still miles better than most of the diamond players here (at least as far as midlane is concerned but I hear he can play Kindred well).

Oh, and I followed your rocket belt Zac idea. Seems fun, but I think it might be one of those luxury purchases like Liandry's.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 12, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

irelia was one of the only top champs i played last season and i feel like when i picked her all my lanes lost but i could usually get fed and carry. now when i pick her the same thing happens but i just suck rear end along with my team.

i cant be trusted to play champions with dashes, it only leads me to my own demise that much faster

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AHH FUGH posted:

The problem is that this level of rear end-whooping shouldn't be statistically possible, dude's got a 95% win rate over hundreds of games and counting. I'm wondering from where this guy could be. Either LAN or some of the Korean pros who are spending some time in Brazil. His friends won't say.

How do you play on the JP server out of curiosity?

Edit: From what I remember the Korean Pros we imported had a 60-70% win rate and their solo queue Elo wasn't overwhelmingly higher than usual, so that's still significantly less than this thing we're playing against.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 12, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/T5MTYIIt-followup-skarner-juggernaut-update

GET THEM TO REMOVE THE loving PASSIVE YA'LL

your partner in christ, Servaetes

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:lol: this thing we're playing against

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btm69gG5ylc&t=98s

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Elentor posted:

The problem is that this level of rear end-whooping shouldn't be statistically possible, dude's got a 95% win rate over hundreds of games and counting. I'm wondering from where this guy could be. Either LAN or some of the Korean pros who are spending some time in Brazil. His friends won't say.

How do you play on the JP server out of curiosity?

Edit: From what I remember the Korean Pros we imported had a 60-70% win rate and their solo queue Elo wasn't overwhelmingly higher than usual, so that's still significantly less than this thing we're playing against.

What's their op.gg?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Servaetes posted:

Oh, and I followed your rocket belt Zac idea. Seems fun, but I think it might be one of those luxury purchases like Liandry's.

hextech revolver remains real good on him; I think it might be pretty good in a few matchups.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Confirmed: RevolverSheen shaco is hilarious, and Dashaco is pretty great for absurd outta-nowhere ganks (and his stealth makes it dead easy to shotgun all the pellets on a dude)

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

JP, the server where the game is made up and the points don't matter.

Let's be honest, the only server where the points DO matter is KR because then you can transition those points into an overpaid NA job

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are people less bitchy about k:d ratio at higher levels? I don't give a poo poo about kills and my retarded teammates either 1: complain about kill stealing when I decide to play the game instead of sitting there doing nothing or 2: won't shut the gently caress up about my bad ratio, typically before I set up a double kill for them with my bullshit timestop

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

k:d ratio isn't as important as people like to pretend it is but you shouldn't be dying a lot

and if a guy's guaranteed to be dead you should try to get the kill onto the most hypercarry person on your team, though that's pretty hard to coordinate in pub games

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Diana is really strong with new Sheen, fyi.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

k:d ratio isn't as important as people like to pretend it is but you shouldn't be dying a lot

and if a guy's guaranteed to be dead you should try to get the kill onto the most hypercarry person on your team, though that's pretty hard to coordinate in pub games

Nah, I don't die much, I just care about winning over dumb poo poo like who gets kill credit

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Everyone likes to say K/D doesn't matter much... but if someone looks up your stats before the game and sees your carry roles have more deaths then kills, well, you'll probably make a teammate salty your feeding in the role they are far better at.

Lot of people use the background checker sites at higher ratings to see who is good at what and who is playing a boosted account and is losing 90% of their matches to decide if they dodge or troll.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Man I haven't played in a while

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Everyone likes to say K/D doesn't matter much... but if someone looks up your stats before the game and sees your carry roles have more deaths then kills, well, you'll probably make a teammate salty your feeding in the role they are far better at.

Lot of people use the background checker sites at higher ratings to see who is good at what and who is playing a boosted account and is losing 90% of their matches to decide if they dodge or troll.

Yeah but this assumes I'm going to ever actually get on a decent team :v:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
In Diamond and higher I never see people complain about kill stealing unless it's blatantly retarded how someone stole it (usually DPSing when they should stop) and no one at all ever gives a poo poo how much you die as long as you win.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Robo Reagan posted:

Yeah but this assumes I'm going to ever actually get on a decent team :v:

Matchmaking gives everyone the team they deserve.

However, for some people that means getting paired up with a guy shouting like this:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Gibberish posted:

In Diamond and higher I never see people complain about kill stealing unless it's blatantly retarded how someone stole it (usually DPSing when they should stop) and no one at all ever gives a poo poo how much you die as long as you win.

Kill stealing is only dumb if your teammate is blowing flash ignite to try and finish a guy with absolutely no way to escape or you have a Draven on your team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://giant.gfycat.com/TeemingPracticalAnole.webm

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Gibberish posted:

I'm a lowly gold player and the only times I've seen people complain about ksing is when it's incredibly obvious. Like a GP cross map ulting when they have the enemy support dead to rights or something.

Usually I end up apologizing when I take a ton of kills as the jungler without meaning to (usually flamespitter as rumble), and its always met with "all good"

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
True Detective season 1 was the most overrated poo poo ever on TV

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

I'm the Xerath. Ask me anything.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Ristolaz posted:

Do you need help adjusting the helium bag?

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Gibberish posted:

Look at this stupid loving post.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Ristolaz posted:

How do you die once every 2.5 minutes on a character that should never position itself dangerously as a long range siege mage?

Gibberish posted:

Technically those images are from Season 2, but that doesn't invalidate the wrongness of your opinion here.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Gottem :v:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7psrtmYYMY

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't watch TV take that.

e: not true actually I watched Downton Abbey

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 12, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Hi all fill player here looking for teamies who:
can clear jungle and then gank A Lane (any lane!) at level 4 rather than farm while getting owned on the map by enemy jungler
do not throw away 7k gold leads at 20 minutes three games in a row
do not fall into the trap of listening to duo queues complain about the toxicity of you jungle timers and objective callouts that you are making in team chat in all chat
are down for some good clean fun

all interested please apply
pay rate is an indiscriminate amount of LP gain that will all be lost when you leave your teamies

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to make the minimap bigger? I've been playing Bard nonstop and it'd be nice to have a better visual on chimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

Hi all fill player here looking for teamies who:
can clear jungle and then gank A Lane (any lane!) at level 4 rather than farm while getting owned on the map by enemy jungler
do not throw away 7k gold leads at 20 minutes three games in a row
do not fall into the trap of listening to duo queues complain about the toxicity of you jungle timers and objective callouts that you are making in team chat in all chat
are down for some good clean fun

all interested please apply
pay rate is an indiscriminate amount of LP gain that will all be lost when you leave your teamies

sorry gotta farm to 6

• Locked thread