Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Harlock posted:

FFX/X2 is on Steam today finally. But apparently you can't do Japanese language with English subtitles because of technical difficulties. You can, however, select French/German/etc text with English language.

quote:

We noticed there’s a little confusion as to which languages would be available in which regions.

Well we’re happy to confirm that all available languages will be playable in all territories!

A launcher at the start of the game will allow you to select one of the following language setups:
*Audio is restricted depending on the language setting*

• Text: Japanese / Korean / Traditional Chinese WITH Voice: Japanese
• Text: English / French / Italian / German / Spanish WITH Voice: English

That sure sounds like licensing nonsense instead of technical reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ghostlight posted:

A lot of that is because it's sped up.

Having just played it myself for about an hour... nope, that's exactly how it plays.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tamba posted:

Oh man, are sub users are throwing a temper tantrum?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

HGH posted:

There's currently 8 pages of comments? So, yes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HGH posted:

It's lame for everyone since you still have to download both audio tracks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deakul posted:

Having just played it myself for about an hour... nope, that's exactly how it plays.

If I wasn't already looking forward to it, I am now :allears::black101:.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Deakul posted:

Did you have any movement perks, this is important

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Phlegmish posted:

Did you have any movement perks, this is important

No, only got one upgrade in the time I played and it was for my shotty.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

sliderule posted:

What's missing from Isaac / Nuclear Throne / Enter the Gungeon that exclude them from this genre? Just curious.

Compared to those, speed and competitive co-op; there's nothing quite like skirting around mines to grab more prizes while running past a guy with a bat who just barely misses you with their swing. Isaac is more primitive and more Zelda-like, nuclear throne doesn't have the same kind of swarms of enemies, and neither have BIG MONEY BIT PRIZES.The game that comes the closest so far for me is assault android cactus, though that's a bit more like robotron 64(ALSO EXCELLENT).

To be fair, I haven't tried enter the gungeon yet.

Basically, they're in the genre, but I want a successor

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Srice posted:

It's lame for everyone since you still have to download both audio tracks.

It should be easy enough to mod due to that though
Still it's not a big deal with those games as both voice tracks are rather...amateurish.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

duckfarts posted:

Compared to those, speed and competitive co-op; there's nothing quite like skirting around mines to grab more prizes while running past a guy with a bat who just barely misses you with their swing. Isaac is more primitive and more Zelda-like, nuclear throne doesn't have the same kind of swarms of enemies, and neither have BIG MONEY BIT PRIZES.The game that comes the closest so far for me is assault android cactus, though that's a bit more like robotron 64(ALSO EXCELLENT).

To be fair, I haven't tried enter the gungeon yet.

Basically, they're in the genre, but I want a successor

And the rocket launcher kicks rear end. Someone make a kickstarter.

e:

I now realise SmashTV is probably why I enjoyed Hero Siege so much. Seriously:

More game-show games are needed.

Perfect blend of consumerism and ultra-violence. Just like The Running Man, in fact. The book, natch.

Said rocket launcher

Total Carnage! I Love It!

But that's enough about a 1990 coin-op that, AFAIK, never got ported to PC.

tight aspirations fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 12, 2016

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Sniper Elite 3 is 5 bucks on the humble store and the season pass is 10. You should buy it. It is great.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tamba posted:

Who the gently caress agrees to the terms of a license of "You can't use the subtitles with certain languages"? What, where the translators going to demand more money if SE wanted to put their words on the bottom of the screen with a different vocal audio track playing over them?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Not the translators. The Japanese voice actors.

Japanese voice licensing is extremely backwards and draconian.

Edit: xseed for example have mentioned that licensing the Japanese voices for some of their projects would have bankrupted them

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 12, 2016

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Not the translators. The Japanese voice actors.

Japanese voice licensing is extremely backwards and draconian.

Alright, who the gently caress agrees to the terms of a license that is "You can't play our audio tracks with words of a certain language appearing in the bottom of the screen"?

Voice acting licenses are the worst, this is why we'll never get a remake of Megaman Legends. You know, if Capcom didn't already decide that Megaman doesn't bring in CoD money and written it off as a failure.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Harlock posted:

FFX/X2 is on Steam today finally. But apparently you can't do Japanese language with English subtitles because of technical difficulties. You can, however, select French/German/etc text with English language.

Why would anyone want to play FFX on anything other than English? The voice work is something that must be beheld and treasured.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who would ever want to play FFX with anything other than the superb English voice cast.

edit: lol

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

strategery posted:

Sniper Elite 3 is 5 bucks on the humble store and the season pass is 10. You should buy it. It is great.

I think you might be looking at some of the DLC or something? Unless its regional. I see it as $17 for the game.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I'll admit the decision to cast a crow to play Tidus was a bold one, but the results speak for themselves.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

strategery posted:

I'm seeing $17 and $10.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Modus Pwnens posted:

I'm seeing $17 and $10.

Ah well poo poo. Was checking on my phone. All the DLC had text overlays as to what it was except for target hitler, which initially appeared to be the game itself for $5. My bad.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the tidus laugh is still good in japanese imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik4JI4D7rZQ

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
So I guess FFX-2 is worth playing then? I never had any interest in the Final Fantasy series apart from X-2 because it looked so silly and dumb in a way I liked. But then people were saying it was "bad" I think near release, was that just backlash from self-serious nerds who didn't want fun stuff in their overwrought anime nonsense?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Is Empyrion worth getting? Does anyone have any experience with it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120

It looks sort of like Space Engineers, but looks during Early Access can be decieving.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

King Vidiot posted:

So I guess FFX-2 is worth playing then? I never had any interest in the Final Fantasy series apart from X-2 because it looked so silly and dumb in a way I liked. But then people were saying it was "bad" I think near release, was that just backlash from self-serious nerds who didn't want fun stuff in their overwrought anime nonsense?

It's up in the top 3 most Anime things ever made by Squenix, if that's what you mean. It's kind of a fun take on the job system, but you will be playing a JRPG whose core battle mechanic is magical girl transformations in full view of everybody.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Firewatch is a weekend deal, buy it.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 12, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we've done it. we've reached peak Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/459820/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

a dating sim Clicker game

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Quest For Glory II posted:

we've done it. we've reached peak Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/459820/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

a dating sim Clicker game
The future is here.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

deadly_pudding posted:

It's up in the top 3 most Anime things ever made by Squenix, if that's what you mean. It's kind of a fun take on the job system, but you will be playing a JRPG whose core battle mechanic is magical girl transformations in full view of everybody.

I'm fine with JRPGs, even though the only two I've played to completion are Parasite Eve and Skies of Arcadia. If I play a JRPG it needs to have some kind of "gimmick" to keep me hooked and not be too serious or too grounded in JRPG cliches.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Does the FFX/X-2 remaster have the ability to skip cut scenes?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I'm fine with JRPGs, even though the only two I've played to completion are Parasite Eve and Skies of Arcadia. If I play a JRPG it needs to have some kind of "gimmick" to keep me hooked and not be too serious or too grounded in JRPG cliches.

then don't play any final fantasy game ever
e: except 12, 12 owns

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
DOOM 3: BFG Edition

R*F5I-JLV75-NVKJL

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gorn Myson posted:

Does the FFX/X-2 remaster have the ability to skip cut scenes?
The PS4 version did not, sadly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ymgve posted:

DOOM 3: BFG Edition

R*F5I-JLV75-NVKJL
gently caress i was beaten to this. i woulda actually played it unlike the idler

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Harlock posted:

The PS4 version did not, sadly.

At least for FFX. X-2 does have scene skip, but I guess you can't get 100% completion if you do that.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

At least for FFX. X-2 does have scene skip, but I guess you can't get 100% completion if you do that.

100% gets you the worst ending so that's okay

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

please don't try to 100% FFX-2

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
How's Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime? It seems to have updated with a 4 player coop thing and it looks sort of fun.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

strategery posted:

I sort of want the season pass (because more guns = more gooder) but I can't even get myself past level 2. Combat is atrocious :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

X-2 is the best FF. If you disagree with this please don't reply to me.

• Locked thread