Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think I should host a play by post world of darkness campaign with this setting. Anyone wanna start now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Quidnose posted:

Hi Mayor Glowku, you seem to be upset you can't play mafia the way you would like to. Who do you think is scum and why?

I'm playing mafia just fine, I don't like that you are bitching this much and ruined the entire mood of a great game just because Azuth is acting like an idiot.

TMM is probably godfather just based on how he's claiming Viva, but that's kind of old news. My scumdar is off the charts for Kashuno because of how he immediately claimed at the beginning of the day, yet again old news. And I just plain don't like your attitude trying to eek every bit of infromation out of everyone so I'm suspect of you as well

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm playing mafia just fine, I don't like that you are bitching this much and ruined the entire mood of a great game just because Azuth is acting like an idiot.

TMM is probably godfather just based on how he's claiming Viva, but that's kind of old news. My scumdar is off the charts for Kashuno because of how he immediately claimed at the beginning of the day, yet again old news. And I just plain don't like your attitude trying to eek every bit of infromation out of everyone so I'm suspect of you as well

Do you have a problem with Izz's play? Is she scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I think I should host a play by post world of darkness campaign with this setting. Anyone wanna start now?

Uh holy poo poo I would be in. Run it in FATE instead so I don't have to learn WoD.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think TMM is a godfather as Viva was rolecop, not a regular cop

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

gently caress yeah

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Kashuno posted:

Sorry tmm i didnt know she was a role cop. Thought she was a day cop.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
This is what happens when you allow too many Gibbis in your cribbis

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
:siren:First of all Quidnose is a loving shitlorde just vote him and be on with it.:siren:

Okay here are my thoughts so far consider this part 1 before I dig into other people:
Worthless Lurkers a Short Story by Azuth0667
HiipFire – has literally contributed nothing aside from two joke infinitum votes. I would approve of a lynch because they are doing nothing and lurking. Literally not participating in the thread.
Propaganda Machine – Threw shade on Izzhov and has done nothing else. There’s a possibility the two are scum. Why else involve yourself? I would approve a lynch here because of the same reasons for HiipFire.
Hal Incandenza - Posts this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I skipped 450 posts, how about that?

I'll go back and read them though you can be sure

And never delivers but, does have a redeeming quality in hinting that Quidnose is a moron with stuff like this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quidnose giving mafia advice, I never thought I'd see the day
Literally strings us along with “yeah I’m going to read XXX posts and come back with my thoughts” then never shares any. However they did participate a little by suggesting Quidnose is scum. I think there are better candidates and we can revisit this one after one of the more egregious offenders is gone.
Murmur Twin – Joke votes for Propaganda Machine on day 1 okay I suppose that’s passable. However then votes for TMM with no justification which is scummy and refuses to provide justification when asked. Switches the vote back to Propaganda Machine again with no justification. Votes Kashuno with good evidence, if true:

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Kashuno - assuming he had been tracked, he admitted that he visited the NK target last night. Easy peasy.

My personal suspicion is that TMM and Kash are bussing each other but I'm saying that more for posterity if I'm right than actually pushing it as a case.
And if there’s nothing to this shine bringing thing. I get a weird feeling from complaining about no one casing them. However they then go on to call out Kashuno for bullshit claims. Bonus :ironicat: calls out hiipfire for posting too little. I think this one can wait as well as there are better candidates who literally have contributed nothing pro-town to the thread.
zzyzx – Joke vote on Anomalous amalgam D1 which is passable. Puts forth effort into scum hunting and points us at Jimson and Absurd Revolver. Stirs a little poo poo then votes Kashuno. Once again there are better people to consider who have contributed less.
King Burgundy - Claims to be out or something which gets a pass RL happens. Had someone roleblock him which suggests he is town. This one has the hardest evidence suggesting they are town.

Additionally, aside from KB, any of the above could be scum hiding behind the entertaining massive clusterfucks that keep being kicked up.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I would be down to vote a Shiteposter because if you continue with people who just post as anti-town all it does is help scum.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
As I say that Azuth actually does a thing, thanks Azuth

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Do you have a problem with Izz's play? Is she scum?

She's certainly backed herself into a corner with the way she's deflecting and we can't forget all the poo poo that went down yesterday. If I had to guess probably. There's also an SK out there so my guess on that is probably one of the lurkers: KB, Hiip, zyyzx.

KB claimed he used his only shine and assuming for now that's true he wouldn't be sk. I doubt the SK would have limited kills unless he got the shine off the person he kills, though that could lead to where he kills someone with no shine and can't kill anymore making him a worthless 3p that doesn't even win when town does.

Kashuno posted:

I genuinely don't know the difference

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Sorry tmm i didnt know she was a role cop. Thought she was a day cop.

did you read?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Azuth always does a thing. It just takes him a minute to get the shipost out of his system

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

did you read?

No :kimchi:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

She's certainly backed herself into a corner with the way she's deflecting and we can't forget all the poo poo that went down yesterday. If I had to guess probably.

You very strongly thinking I am scum for my badgering people for information, but you are not sure about Izz for...badgering people for information? How does that work?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Glowku posted:

I genuinely don't know the difference

A cop receives a result of TOWN/NOT TOWN or SCUM/NOT SCUM depending on the mod. While a rolecop gets a result that directly states the role such as Vanilla, Tracker, Doctor, etc.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

Propaganda Machine – Threw shade on Izzhov and has done nothing else. There’s a possibility the two are scum. Why else involve yourself? I would approve a lynch here because of the same reasons for HiipFire.

Are you loving kidding me.

This is the fakest goddamned post, did you really just case the D1 cuddle? You have GOT to be loving KIDDING me.

##vote Azuth jfc

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Pretty sure I said earlier I have a really dumb co-worker that I have to fill in for more things are coming part 2 and 3 are coming.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Can we please just hurry up and lynch obvious scum Kash so we can move forward?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Quidnose posted:

This is the fakest goddamned post, did you really just case the D1 cuddle? You have GOT to be loving KIDDING me.

##vote Azuth jfc

Listen... listen... always trust in Ahura Mazda.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

##vote Azuth jfc

:laffo:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

TMMadman posted:

A cop receives a result of TOWN/NOT TOWN or SCUM/NOT SCUM depending on the mod. While a rolecop gets a result that directly states the role such as Vanilla, Tracker, Doctor, etc.

oh so it's likely that the response would have been directly godfather. Thanks for the clarification.

Quidnose posted:

You very strongly thinking I am scum for my badgering people for information, but you are not sure about Izz for...badgering people for information? How does that work?

I never said very strongly, I merely said suspect. Did I say the I think Izz is town? No? Alright then stop trying to twist my words please you god drat shitlord

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Quidnose posted:

##vote Azuth jfc

This is the flimsiest poo poo I pointed out who are the best candidates for a lynch of the worthless lurkers. Literally all of those people have no excuse and have contributed very little. You can retaliate vote all you want the fact still remains that you are a shitlorde :clint:.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I would play the poo poo out of this setting in WoD.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

This is the flimsiest poo poo I pointed out who are the best candidates for a lynch of the worthless lurkers. Literally all of those people have no excuse and have contributed very little. You can retaliate vote all you want the fact still remains that you are a shitlorde :clint:.

Yes, let us all vote for the person who was voted out of the game on D1. Brilliant mafia play.

Jesus you are so not even paying attention to this game you didnt even realize I was telling you you are pushing a case on someone who is already dead.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jimson posted:

Listen... listen... always trust in Ahura Mazda.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Glowku posted:

oh so it's likely that the response would have been directly godfather. Thanks for the clarification.

I never said very strongly, I merely said suspect. Did I say the I think Izz is town? No? Alright then stop trying to twist my words please you god drat shitlord

Honestly, it depends on the mod as to what result a rolecop would get on a godfather. They might receive godfather, they might receive a result of vanilla.

However, with the way the flips have happened, I think it's likely that a rolecop in this game would get vanilla (Shine power) or the direct role like how Viva flipped Shine Brewer.

I'm also wondering if there is actually a cop in this game since we had a town rolecop. Lots of flavor heavy games don't have an actual cop and instead have a rolecop.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
lol I didn't even parse that he was voting a dead guy and was sitting here wondering why everyone was giving him so much poo poo.

I don't think Kash is scum but it's kind of a feeling more than anything else. If you guys want to lynch him I won't stop you on a flimsy opinion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
azuth you literally are talking about a dead person

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Shhh shhh don't tell him.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Yes, let us all vote for the person who was voted out of the game on D1. Brilliant mafia play.

Jesus you are so not even paying attention to this game you didnt even realize I was telling you you are pushing a case on someone who is already dead.

:shrek: <- All of your posts.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I know it wasn't showing up for me when I was writing that post from:

http://votefinder.org/game/shine#votecount

Until I refreshed the page.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like quid is kinda more hostile than usual

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Tuchus Tussled via

Azuth0667 posted:

:shrek: <- All of your posts.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Azuth0667 posted:

Murmur Twin – Joke votes for Propaganda Machine on day 1 okay I suppose that’s passable. However then votes for TMM with no justification which is scummy and refuses to provide justification when asked. Switches the vote back to Propaganda Machine again with no justification. Votes Kashuno with good evidence, if true:

And if there’s nothing to this shine bringing thing. I get a weird feeling from complaining about no one casing them. However they then go on to call out Kashuno for bullshit claims. Bonus :ironicat: calls out hiipfire for posting too little. I think this one can wait as well as there are better candidates who literally have contributed nothing pro-town to the thread.

Again, I didn't call out hiip for posting too little, I called him out for posting in the game (specifically d2) without making any alignment calls. I think that's an important distinction.

I think Kash is scum and I stand by that.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

http://www.puppytext.com/view37449SQWWHV

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Kashuno posted:

he got canadians'd

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mayor Glowku posted:

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up god drat you are so insufferable with your holier-than-thou attitude. Just lynch azuth if you don't like his play then he can't shitpost god drat I'm actively upset at your posts like this

I agree. Dial it back a notch Quid.

ANYHOW...

Quidnose posted:

I'm still not seeing where you feel he is being disingenuous. You just said a big reason you are voting for him is because you think he is a liar. Show your work. Where?

Izzhov posted:

Post about following up and quids bated breath

---

As I said, I feel Jimson's play has been subpar at best. He has a lot of poo poo posts and a lot of loud posts. There's a good amount of finger pointing and he tries to establish himself as necessary to town on more than one occasion, but jokingly or flamboyantly.

Jimson posted:

I'm torn guys I want to say I am town because I am. But its funnier if you lynch me.
This post is bad. Not only is it unnecessary, but if his ability is truly as useful as some of you believe it to be. I'd actually try to present a defense while I still didn't claim. Instead of making some joke.

Jimson posted:

I don't see why as town we are so insistant on getting that d1 scum lynch. [...]
Even with the high probability of lynching a town player day 1, the goal of town should always be to try and hunt scum which it doesn't seem like he was actually doing at the time given that he was hard pressed on Infinitum before the lynch leader. He goes on in this quote to justify the opening statement, but it still seems like a ridiculous frame of mind for a town player. It's not even throwing caution to the wind, or yielding to the nature of the situation that we would most likely lynch town. Instead he is basically saying it's not a big deal.

Jimson posted:

Kashuno why did you get chosen to be scum again?
He then makes a point to make this a real question as he asserts here and here and here. As if there'd be any reasonable answer to that laughable question that he then tries to make into a case point.

Jimson posted:

Why are you posting links and not normal quotes? Seems kind of scummy to me. Almost like your hiding your "evidence" from people skimming this super long rear end game.
The context of this post is also entirely ridiculous as he presses Kash for making links instead of full quotes? What type of scum tell is that?

And I could go on and on about the subpar posting, but the key points to why I think he's being dishonest do in fact reside in his play, his claim and the mechanics of the power.

Jimson posted:

My role is pretty benign. So I don't see why scum would target me over a more specific anti-scum role. [...]

I've already covered how I believe the mechanics of his role lend to a negative utility more than anything, but here he calls his role 'pretty benign'....

Hardly so, changing the entire voting system for a game day is far from benign. That's pretty impacting.

In summation of how I lead into the case:
- It's a negative utility
- Every aspect of the ability is designed to eliminate players. While I agree no-lynch is bad, I don't see how this is blatantly a town ability.
- His flamboyant, all caps defense of it ends in points that belittle town.

I think he's scum.

My vote stays on Jimson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
going to sleep, will post more when i give up on going to sleep

• Locked thread