Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
bring back the aftermath troll guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Bring back bstyles

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Drake is the softest rapper in the game!!! What's that? You're posting something I don't like? Let me add you to the long list of posters whose mean words I can't see any more!! Drake is so soft!!!
:goonsay:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/jay_sway_1oo/baby-e-finnessin

I need about 30 more songs that sound like this other thano lil Uzi or Yachty. Any suggestions?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Bring back bstyles

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Internet sleuthing is a pathetic hobby of mine I looked up bstyles back when he was still around. His name is Brandon, he was from Alpharetta but claimed to be from Atlanta, he worked at a taco restaurant. I think he inherited some money so he bought a truck and probably blew the rest years ago on cam whores and whatever else.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I need about 30 more songs that sound like this other thano lil Uzi or Yachty. Any suggestions?

you should look up an artist i think named "justin bieber"

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

you should look up an artist i think named "justin bieber"

:drat: I thought the new Bieber was rull good actually

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

iLoveMakonnen? Rae Sremmurd? Amir Obe? Man I feel like I've heard a bunch of poo poo that sounds like this but I can't name it for the life of me.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

bring back the aftermath troll guy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

Internet sleuthing is a pathetic hobby of mine I looked up bstyles back when he was still around. His name is Brandon, he was from Alpharetta but claimed to be from Atlanta, he worked at a taco restaurant. I think he inherited some money so he bought a truck and probably blew the rest years ago on cam whores and whatever else.

lol he is from alpharetta? that's great.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Chance 3 is out. It's called Coloring Book.

https://itun.es/us/C3Qwcb

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Insane list of features

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

poo poo got lit and now I'm about to pass out. Radiohead, Kaytranada, and Royce 5'9 were winners this ride to MTL. The weather was awesome today.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check out that other poo poo too

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
New Schoolboy Q - That Part ft Kanye

http://2dopeboyz.com/2016/05/12/schoolboy-q-that-part-kanye-west/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=thedopeacademy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wtf new schoolboy and chance

loving lit 🕯🕯🔥🔥

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Poor Spotify just can't compete with the Apple money

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

How do I download this damned mixtape? I dont want to stream with Apple Music.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think Kanye might have ran out of synths to run his voice through on that intro.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

The Flying Milton posted:

How do I download this damned mixtape? I dont want to stream with Apple Music.

Looks like it's an Apple Music exclusive aka no downloading. I suppose that's one way to not sell it to snatch the grammy. Bullshit.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

people still poo poo on wayne but they dont release hes back. sftw2 is classic and nc2 + collegrove both have atleast a handful of great tunes but are marred by bloat and bad mixing

(fwa never happened!)

edit:

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

not exactly what you want but heres a better song about finessin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E60WficlAg

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 13, 2016

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Coloring Book is up on DatPiff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's probably gonna be on Apple Music first, just so it can be "sold" and then be easily available like tomorrow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bruh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id_KrovP88E

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
my hot take: i feel like chance is holding back on a lot of these tracks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the most important thing about Coloring Book is even Future sounds happy to be somewhere for once!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Is chance the rapper an autist? asking for a friend.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
chance's album is very very good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
when did everyone start giving a poo poo about chance? did people actually like acid rap / donglover era? he had a loving sweet verse on tlop but a lot of why it went over so well with me is that literally nothing on the album sounds anything like it.

i will definitely give coloring book a crack since people are loving it but i feel like i missed something.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Acid Rap is great and you might not buy into his voice but the dude does some crazy poo poo with cadence.

Paranoia is really affecting, also.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think he's cool but I'm not gonna overhype him like some you hypebeasts smh

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
is this entire album just covers of childrens tv show themes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Chance is great but I'm already kinda eager for him to switch up his style for the next project. Coloring Book is good and interesting but I can already tell I'm going to keep going back to Acid Rap first if I just want to listen to some solid straightforward rap songs with some energy to them

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I didn't like Acid Rap but I feel like he's been getting closer and closer to mastering that gospel-rap sound he's been aiming for.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
I was worried Chance would be trapped by his one-note style that made Acid Rap simultaneously interesting and grating but I am surprised by how great his album is. The dance tracks are especially cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The new Post Malone mixtape also came out last night. I have no idea if that guy is any good but there's a 2 Chainz and Lil Yachty feature on there too.

What at day. What a month. What a year. 2016 bringing the goods (RIP Prince)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
listening now. intro song was kind of messy and underwhelming. liking everything else so far.

but also it's w a heavy heart that i say 2 chainz needs to loving retire from rapping and maybe keep making those weird christmas sweaters and other apparel poo poo

Marching Powder posted:

when did everyone start giving a poo poo about chance?

i saw people starting to talk about him when Surf came out I think maybe it had a lot of crossover appeal then obviously the ULB verse conveniently cranked the temperature up for this release. and apparently he has a pretty potent ground game as myself and others have reported seeing their cities' papered w/ chance3 posters.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

when did everyone start giving a poo poo about chance? did people actually like acid rap / donglover era? he had a loving sweet verse on tlop but a lot of why it went over so well with me is that literally nothing on the album sounds anything like it.

i will definitely give coloring book a crack since people are loving it but i feel like i missed something.

10 Day had me taking notice and Acid Rap quickly became one of my favorite albums in a while. Surf is alright, but only a couple of songs off of that still get any play for me.

Alongside Islah, Acid Rap had one of my favorite sequences of opening tracks with Good rear end Intro, Pusha Man/Paranoia, and Cocoa Butter Kisses. It falls off a bit after that, but overall I really appreciate the style he's been gradually forging for himself. Dude's work is pretty idiosyncratic, so it'd be weird if everyone dug it, but it definitely works for me.

I can't speak much on Coloring Book yet, but I really gently caress with the intro song (the audio seems kind of hosed up to me though).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how the gently caress did Chance get a Bieber feature on a free mixtape

🙏🏻

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Buggati Biebs stimulus package nh nh