Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The main thing I'm taking from all this is that conservatives have a really easy time identifying as perverts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

So a Jesus Fishmech?

Ichthysmech

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Though it pains me to say it, not even Fishmech deserves being compared to Walsh.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Smartest child in Nazareth?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
loving Fox, always with the "Oh the situation been flipped, cops are seen as evil while the people they attack are victims" bullshit. Here's a thought: Stop being assholes and actually have some accountability and maybe you wouldn't be seen as villain as much! :bang:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 14, 2016

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
You'd think people who fancy themselves as those who keep a tyrannical government in check would want an ounce of scrutiny directed at the part of the government that actually shoots people.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dr Christmas posted:

You'd think people who fancy themselves as those who keep a tyrannical government in check would want an ounce of scrutiny directed at the part of the government that actually shoots people.

Those are the parts that let them indulge in their power fantasies, so they are the only parts above reproach. Abusing minorities is a bonus, not a flaw in their minds.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Davethulhu posted:

The main thing I'm taking from all this is that conservatives have a really easy time identifying as perverts.

Subconsciously they know that many of them would be even more terrible if not for JAYZUS so they assume that everyone else is like that too. See their opinions on Atheists.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dr Christmas posted:

It doesn't shoot people.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Chimera-gui posted:

loving Fox, always with the "Oh the situation been flipped, cops are seen as evil while the people they attack are victims" bullshit. Here's a thought: Stop being assholes and actually have some accountability and maybe you wouldn't be seen as villain as much! :bang:

If this is re: that footage of the guy surrendering after a high speed pursuit and getting clocked while the news choppers were rolling, I don't get it either. The police should be the ones showing the restraint because 99% of us (myself included) would definitely be tempted to act out violently towards the perpetrator, and they should be above that (but aren't because they frequently aren't held accountable for their actions).

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And Walsh is having another kid...

Hopefully the opposite gender from the first kid. Let's see how that stance plays when you're shopping alone with both kids and the younger one needs to go.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Xand_Man posted:

Hopefully the opposite gender from the first kid. Let's see how that stance plays when you're shopping alone with both kids and the younger one needs to go.

I really don't want a guy that obsessed with molesting children in a restroom in a restroom with a child. :gonk:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Fox News' opinion writers are freaking out about today's news that the Obama Administration advised, without the force of law, that schools allow transgender students to use the bathrooms of their gender identity.

First, Cal Thomas:

Obama's gender warning: The fundamental transformation of our country is accelerating

quote:

Are morals and ethics now up for grabs, depending on which group makes the most noise and promises the most votes? Perhaps Loretta Lynch and her deputy should lead by example and shower with a transgender male. Even better, how about first lady Michelle Obama? Media coverage could be discreet. I'm betting that neither Lynch nor the first lady would go that far. In fact, I suspect that very few on the left would want to live under many of the laws and dictates they like to impose on the rest of us.

:smuggo:"If you like trans people so much, why don't you shower with them?"

Then there was thread-favorite Todd "They Popped My Hood and Found Gravy On the Dipstick" Starnes, who published this shortly afterwards, which is too amazing not to quote in full:

We must defy Obama's transgender decree -- no matter the cost

quote:

The Obama administration declared on May 9th that forcing people to use bathroom facilities based on their God-given plumbing was state-sponsored discrimination.

Four days later they dropped an even bigger cultural bombshell.

The president issued a directive requiring every public school in the nation to accommodate transgender students – under Title IX guidelines.

Boys who identify as girls and vice versa must be allowed to use the bathrooms and locker rooms and shower stalls of their choosing. They must also be allowed to play on the sports teams of their choosing.

School districts that dare defy the administration’s directives could face lawsuits and lose millions of dollars in federal funding. Resistance, in other words, is futile.

“There is no room in our schools for discrimination of any kind, including discrimination against transgender students on the basis of their sex,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said.

I warned you in my book, “God Less America” that the fight over transgenderism would be the next battleground. And here we are – a nation where boys who identify as girls have more rights than girls who were born biological girls.

“It’s an outrageous attack on our Creator Himself, upon human sexuality and morality and a further advancement of the flagrant attack on religious freedom in our culture,” Southern Baptist Convention President Ronnie Floyd told me.

The leader of the nation’s largest Protestant denomination said the president’s decree is an extreme overreach by the federal government and he called on Christians to speak out.

“Sooner or later we have to determine that enough is enough,” he said. “It’s not going to change until Christians get involved in this battle.”

Donald Trump was asked to weigh in on “Fox & Friends” -- should boys use the boy’s room?

“Right now I just don’t have an opinion,” he told the morning show hosts. “I would like the state’s to make that decision.”

You don’t have an opinion? How about some moral clarity, Mr. Trump? How about standing up for the privacy and safety of women and children?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vowed to fight the Obama administration’s decree, telling a gathering of Republicans, “Obama is turning bathrooms into courtroom issues.”

“Our country is in crisis and Texas must lead the way forward,” he said.

Abbott said he is working alongside the embattled governor of North Carolina “and we are going to fight back.”

One of the most forceful rebukes came from Tennessee Congresswoman Diane Black.

“I believe the Obama administration is now directly responsible for endangering our students,” she said. “It is worth nothing that this directive does not carry the force of law – and I would encourage Tennessee school officials to continue following their consciences.”

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins told me Congress must intervene to stop what he called an imperial president.

“If the president chooses to go forward with this outrageous order – then congress should begin impeachment proceedings,” he said.

Perkins said the decree should be “resisted with every legal and moral instrument we have available to us in this country.”

“Every parent, every school board in America should absolutely refuse to sacrifice the safety of their children for the threat of taking away nine federal pennies that make up every educational dollar,” he said.

Resist! That’s the message from Penny Young Nance, president of Concerned Women for America.

“The left always uses children to accomplish its goals of social reengineering,” she said. “The adults closest to these children should decide what’s best for all the children in the school. Safety and kindness should be the guiding principles, not threats from the bullies in Washington.”

The time has come for all Americans to stand up and defy this president's immoral agenda. If losing federal funding is the price we must pay to protect women and children – then so be it.

We will not betray what we know to be true for the government’s 30 pieces of silver.

The German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer warned us about a time such as this. Not to speak is to speak, he once said. Not to act is to act.

Far too long American pulpits have remained silent on controversial cultural issues. Preachers don’t want to rock the boat. Parishioners don’t want to cause trouble. Far too long society has turned a blind eye as President Obama fundamentally transformed our nation.

But now the country stands at the edge of a great moral abyss. And we must ask ourselves -- do we defy the president and save the nation or do we keep the peace and sacrifice our children?

Please note that he compares the Obama Administration, by analogy, to:

1. The Pharisees from the gospels
2. The Nazis
3. The Borg from Star Trek

William Bear fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 14, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Impeachment! Tony "Duggar" Perkins calls

quote:

Perkins told me Congress must intervene to stop what he called an imperial president. “If the president chooses to go forward with this outrageous order – then congress should begin impeachment proceedings,” he said.

Perkins said the decree should be “resisted with ever legal and moral instrument we have available to us in this country.”

“Every parent, every school board in America should absolutely refuse to sacrifice the safety of their children for the threat of taking away nine federal pennies that make up every educational dollar,” he said.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Parachute posted:

If this is re: that footage of the guy surrendering after a high speed pursuit and getting clocked while the news choppers were rolling, I don't get it either. The police should be the ones showing the restraint because 99% of us (myself included) would definitely be tempted to act out violently towards the perpetrator, and they should be above that (but aren't because they frequently aren't held accountable for their actions).
I'll openly admit that I haven't seen the footage you're referring to, and that I'm assuming by "clocked" you mean punched or beaten, but it's actually a long, well recorded problem with police officers in multiple countries that in the aftermath of a high speed car chase they end up being way more violent towards the perp than they would normally be. The main consensus on it is that the preceding chase their brains are basically getting flooded with more and more adrenaline as they keep up with the fleeing guy. By the time the guy pulls over or gets stopped the cops are so hopped up on their brain's own chemicals that clocking a surrendering guy seems like an entirely rational thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending police brutality in general, but the aftermath of a high speed chase is pretty much the only time where I could actually see the usual "I thought he might pull a gun on me" excuse and actually find it somewhat believable because it's apparently a problem all over the world, not just the US.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

By the way if being tangentially related to imaginary sex criminals makes you a sex criminal then Matt Walsh might want to ask The Blaze to take this down:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/the-duggars-arent-hypocrites-progressives-are/

Please tell me he had more commentary when it came out Josh was loving people other than his wife among other things

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Please tell me he had more commentary when it came out Josh was loving people other than his wife among other things

Yes, he took that as his opportunity to kinda sorta jump ship and blame his parents.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xand_Man posted:

Uh, I think you'll find that it's actually women who do the shopping??

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yes, he took that as his opportunity to kinda sorta jump ship and blame his parents.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2354966/conservative-writer-matt-walsh-admits-he-was-wrong-about-josh-duggar-too-easy-on-duggar-parents/

Well he definitely blamed other people in it but I'll admit I was a little surprised he would ever admit he was wrong. He seems like the type who would just block anyone pointing poo poo out to him that contradicts things he's claimed

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Uh, I think you'll find that it's actually women who do the shopping??

And change the diapers, and bathe them, and change their clothes...

Any way, he'll be to busy providing for the family, as a blogger, across town at the blogging office.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I really hope his kids hate him and his beliefs when they grow up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I really hope his kids hate him and his beliefs when they grow up.

They probably genuinely will in their twenties, if they manage to get somewhere that isn't Christian Republican thinkchamber FYGM schools.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say that although the whole trans bathroom thing is utterly ridiculous, I don't understand the argument that for example a woman would need to being her young son into a men's bathroom for him to pee. I've literally never seen or heard of that happening, it's always been the parent bringing the kid into whatever the parent's genders bathroom was. What is the logic in doing the opposite thing (except if maybe only the women's room has a space for diaper changing)?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
CNN literally has a black guy interviewing a Klan member and saying "maybe they're not so bad after all" right now.

Like its tongue in cheek but it's incredibly surreal.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 14, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Weirdest invitation to a swingers party ever.
that probably would have been less awkward

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

computer parts posted:

CNN literally has a black guy interviewing a Klan member and saying "maybe they're not so bad after all" right now.

Like its tongue in cheek but it's incredibly surreal.

who are the 2 guys?

You're watching 'United Shades of America', aren't you?

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 14, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC1yV4-qS_c

Parachute
May 18, 2003

I'll openly admit that I haven't seen the footage you're referring to, and that I'm assuming by "clocked" you mean punched or beaten, but it's actually a long, well recorded problem with police officers in multiple countries that in the aftermath of a high speed car chase they end up being way more violent towards the perp than they would normally be. The main consensus on it is that the preceding chase their brains are basically getting flooded with more and more adrenaline as they keep up with the fleeing guy. By the time the guy pulls over or gets stopped the cops are so hopped up on their brain's own chemicals that clocking a surrendering guy seems like an entirely rational thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending police brutality in general, but the aftermath of a high speed chase is pretty much the only time where I could actually see the usual "I thought he might pull a gun on me" excuse and actually find it somewhat believable because it's apparently a problem all over the world, not just the US.

Oh, I totally agree with you, and it makes sense that the idea of chasing someone down is instinctively so hard not to do, especially given the situation. Also, by "clocked" I definitely meant kicking/punching which is what happened to the guy as he was laying on the ground with his hands behind his back waiting to get handcuffed.

A lot of departments are trying to avoid having to do any chasing especially since helicopters and other technology can be used to track the people who are running (given the resources), right?

Finally, as I'm typing this I am listening to the local news in the background and I can hear that one of the two people in this story involving a high speed chase from yesterday passed away after getting nailed head-on by the runner while waiting on in their car at a traffic light.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

What about the cops that don't do that and act professional? is there something wrong with their brains?

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm listening to conservative radio stations today, and they are flipping the gently caress out over the trans-inclusive order. Like, even the ones who try to put up an air of civility are literally yelling about how the perverts are coming for Our Precious Children, and the rapes this will undoubtedly cause will all be Obama's fault.

Todd Starnes is a stubbed toe away from saying "Grab your guns, patriots, the time has finally come".

I was listening to a lot of right wing radio on a long drive today and this was hilarious. And bizarre. They either refuse to acknowledge that transgender people even exist or they think it's a mental disorder. Transgender people don't exist just like Hilary Clinton's global warming scandal! They were flailing around yelling, comparing them to animals and vermin and how soon it will be until the filthy liberal rats try to legalize and normalize bestiality. I don't get why they are pushing this batshit crazy moral panic stuff so hard all of a sudden. Transgender people are nothing new. And Trump not giving a poo poo about it makes it funnier.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aesop Poprock posted:

I gotta say that although the whole trans bathroom thing is utterly ridiculous, I don't understand the argument that for example a woman would need to being her young son into a men's bathroom for him to pee. I've literally never seen or heard of that happening, it's always been the parent bringing the kid into whatever the parent's genders bathroom was. What is the logic in doing the opposite thing (except if maybe only the women's room has a space for diaper changing)?

i end up doing this as a man sometimes because if i'm walking my daughter around and i need to change her most of the time i'll end up in the women's bathroom at a restaurant because most of the time that's where the nearest changing table is. logistically it makes sense, also changing tables are kind of gross because people try to have sex on them, but there aren't a lot of options for hygenically and privately changing a baby's diaper in american cities

tho honestly i just try to park my car in quiet places and if i need to just use the back seat. i can change a diaper in 20 seconds, because i am highly skilled

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm listening to conservative radio stations today, and they are flipping the gently caress out over the trans-inclusive order. Like, even the ones who try to put up an air of civility are literally yelling about how the perverts are coming for Our Precious Children, and the rapes this will undoubtedly cause will all be Obama's fault.

Todd Starnes is a stubbed toe away from saying "Grab your guns, patriots, the time has finally come".

Todd Starnes and AFA radio is what the world would sound like if either the KKK had continued to be a legitimate power well into the 21st century or fascism had found it's way into america via the flag and bible.

Starnes does the "AWWWH SHUCKS" act on Fox News. But on AFA? Uh...he sounds like a Nazi propagandist. Literally ANGRY at whatever progressive thing is being pushed against his base and what not.

It's on a different level than Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Hannity. It's honestly difficult to explain...but they actually make those people seem downright tolerant. I'm not trying to use that as an exaggeration, I'm being very sincere.

The people that talk on AFA treat LGBTQ people, feminists, muslims, and pretty much every group that isn't white extreme far right heterosexual male christians as the Nazi's used to talk about the Jews.

That's how evil those people are.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i end up doing this as a man sometimes because if i'm walking my daughter around and i need to change her most of the time i'll end up in the women's bathroom at a restaurant because most of the time that's where the nearest changing table is. logistically it makes sense, also changing tables are kind of gross because people try to have sex on them, but there aren't a lot of options for hygenically and privately changing a baby's diaper in american cities

tho honestly i just try to park my car in quiet places and if i need to just use the back seat. i can change a diaper in 20 seconds, because i am highly skilled

I beg your pardon?!

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Mister Macys posted:

The GOP loves it, including the dude who's third in line for succession:

Paul Ryan is 46, and he's by far the youngest of those listed. I could very well be wrong, but when I talk with younger anarcho-capitalists, Rand isn't nearly as much a touchstone. "Freshman Ron Johnson" is fuckin 61 years old. Schweikert is 54. Rick Crawford is 50.

I still feel like objectivism is a dinosaur philosophy for old men, or people who wish they were old men.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samovar posted:

I beg your pardon?!

yeah. it depends on where you are but if the place you are at is open late and serves alcohol and is popular with people younger than 40 then uh the changing table, if sturdy, tends to be in a lockable little private stall area in the bathroom...

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah. it depends on where you are but if the place you are at is open late and serves alcohol and is popular with people younger than 40 then uh the changing table, if sturdy, tends to be in a lockable little private stall area in the bathroom...

Yeah, if you live near Sunnyvale maybe.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ichthysmech Nazarenus, Rex Idiotorum.

Kenzie posted:

I was listening to a lot of right wing radio on a long drive today and this was hilarious. And bizarre. They either refuse to acknowledge that transgender people even exist or they think it's a mental disorder. Transgender people don't exist just like Hilary Clinton's global warming scandal! They were flailing around yelling, comparing them to animals and vermin and how soon it will be until the filthy liberal rats try to legalize and normalize bestiality. I don't get why they are pushing this batshit crazy moral panic stuff so hard all of a sudden. Transgender people are nothing new. And Trump not giving a poo poo about it makes it funnier.

I think it helps to remember that a lot of these folks are unfortunately very sheltered, as odd as that may sound. Trans people (and other LGBT folks) have existed forever, but right-wingers certainly weren't exposed to them, at least as far as they know. So it's very easy for them to fool themselves into thinking that they just started popping up at the same time America started losing its values and becoming an evil, debauched secular society.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Avshalom posted:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/mosuQ1n.jpg:nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you get less than this for death threats

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfSkBONbDwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Periodiko posted:

Paul Ryan is 46, and he's by far the youngest of those listed. I could very well be wrong, but when I talk with younger anarcho-capitalists, Rand isn't nearly as much a touchstone. "Freshman Ron Johnson" is fuckin 61 years old. Schweikert is 54. Rick Crawford is 50.

I still feel like objectivism is a dinosaur philosophy for old men, or people who wish they were old men.

I believe 'freshman' in this case means 'first term'. The book I'm citing was written in January 2012, so it's basically the Tea Party wave of congressmen.