Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Thanks, also thanks to the guy who posted the other one above this one. Too soon to tell, but I'm not sure if they helped well or not yet. My really low back, close to where it meets my glutes feels really tight, mostly upon waking up, and works itself out as the nights(when I'm working) go on. I have a foam roller, but just a regular cheap one and it doesn't really get into my glutes well. I did however, order a lacrosse ball, and I'm going to start doing limber 11 at least once, maybe twice daily. I really hope that fixes this, and my knee issue(also this seems to be getting better, it's really arbitrary about when it happens).

Another thing that may be weird, how does it feel when you guys dig real hard into your glutes with a ball/foam roller? I was using one of those spiky foam rollers the other day, and while it did work better than my smooth one, it was less the sore feeling you get when you roll sore quads and more almost a digging into a nerve feeling(I also sometimes get that feeling when I move around when my low back is sore, maybe a nerve is being compressed somewhere by the tightness?). I continued, and it still seemed to help overall, it was just odd.

I've also developed a tendency to roll over and go back to sleep on my back in the mornings when I wake up here and there, I normally sleep on my side.

I'm probably still going to go see a dr soon, but it'll be a week or two because of life stuff.

I haven't had that problem with my glutes, but the outside of my thighs do that. As I roll I angle myself to get the outside of my thighs, and it really hurts. It's a deep, nerve pain. I just switch sides often, spend a bit longer total doing it and it helps in the end.

Hurts like a bitch to do, though.

E: I stop once the pain goes away - it does go away, in the end.

...Everything I love goes away, in the end.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
This sounds like possible SI joint issues. As long as it's just a little achey you're probably fine until you can see someone, but if it gets worse or you feel sharp pain during activity you should stop immediately. In the meantime keep rolling and stretching. When my SI pain got really bad I started doing 10-12 reps of cat-cow when I woke up and right before bed to help deal the morning stiffness.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just back back from the gym. Back still feels about the same, but I may have discovered(or not) the cause of my knee issues. I guess working this job has changed my body dynamics a bit and my hamstrings aren't as tight as they used to be, which means I wasn't do a very good job of sitting back and loading glutes and hammies when I squat. I made sure to do that this time, and had no knee issues at all, but it's obviously still too early to know if that's the case, as the pain has occurred rather arbitrarily(but definitely less frequently since i've been trying to stretch and foam roll it away)

On the lovely side, any good feelings from my workout tonight got hosed up by the worst exertion headache I've ever had. Not only is it hurting my head, it built what feels like pressure up in my ears and they hurt like hell too. I need to stop drinking so much, I'd bet thats not helping any of these issues I'm having.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 15, 2016

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah I also could cut down on my beer. Its hard when theres like 50 microbreweries in a 5 mile radius of me and a store that carries all of them 2 blocks away.

On that note, I have acquired a carne asada burrito. :yum:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Also, I'll look into the SI thing in a bit, still got that headache and it's making concentrating difficult.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I've been drinking anywhere from 2-5 beers every single night the past few months. Maybe I'll swap to red wine and just have like 2 glasses a night for a bit, then cut down to one.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Chinatown posted:

Yeah I also could cut down on my beer. Its hard when theres like 50 microbreweries in a 5 mile radius of me and a store that carries all of them 2 blocks away.

On that note, I have acquired a carne asada burrito. :yum:

Burritos are all gains macro wise

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
burritos are to me as spinach is to popeye

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

I've been on hold for my gym bro for the past two hours, I'm about to explode if I don't get to the gym

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
what machine is this

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The best machine.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Alright boys I can still pull 475 pretty easily so it seems that this cut has only killed my ability to blast volume.

Now lets see what toll a 4 month vacation takes.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

Alright boys I can still pull 475 pretty easily so it seems that this cut has only killed my ability to blast volume.

Yeah, I'm also in a cut and my volume has just gone through the floor - gone from 3 sets of 8 reps of 85kg on benchpress to 3 sets of 5,4 and 3. It's probably more of a lack of glycogen thing rather than a serious loss of strength thing. :)

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I quit my car wash job yesterday because it was killing my gains

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ive been cutting for 2 months and have lost no strength at all. Everything is harder though, but im still lifting the same stuff :mad:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

ive been cutting for 2 months and have lost no strength at all. Everything is harder though, but im still lifting the same stuff :mad:

What, same volume and everything? What's your secret?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
maybe I am just really really cool

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

maybe I am just really really cool

Well obvs, I meant apart from that :)

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Number one rule of online fitness message boards: No matter what you do or complain about, there is someone who is doing at least as much with little to no difficulty. Are you at a 500 kcal deficit and you are proud that you keep working out even though you feel like poo poo and barely sleep due to hunger? Here's a guy who eats 500 calories less even though he's a foot taller and then runs a 10k after each workout, and he just got a promotion at work! Do you feel proud of yourself because you worked hard to lose 30 pounds in the last 3 years and changed your life? Well how about this dude who was morbidly obese last year but now has washboard abs and just ran his third marathon!

I shall now try to satiate my frustration and sense of inadequacy by going to the gym and lifting some stuff.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
^^^

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

UnfurledSails posted:

I shall now try to satiate my frustration and sense of inadequacy by going to the gym and lifting some stuff.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

cutting and just discovered oreo milkshakes are a thing

that's breaking point

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I googled SI joint stuff and most of the symptoms don't really match up. The pain doesn't really radiate or anything. It just feels exactly like tight muscles down there. You can feel the pain when curving my lower back, the part of cat cow where you tilt your hips up(posterior) I can feel the muscles don't like being pulled on. Also, as before, it almost seems as if this is just how they are up on waking up. Whether I hadn't lifted in a few days, or did it still feels the same. Also normally after I've been moving for a while, I can just barely bend over with neutral knees and touch my toes, but I come several inches short when I wake up with this, also leading me to believe it may just be my body acting like an old bitch as I sleep and getting tight.

My lacross ball should be here tomorrow, but I may go ahead and run through limber 11 today and just use my foam roller the best I can for those parts.

e: my mom who is over 50 and still regularly runs full marathons showed me some stretches she does that hit glutes and back and that whole area. My lower back tightness immediately felt a good deal of relief so I take it as a good sign it was indeed just my old tight(soon to be thick and solid) body rather than my vertebrae all about to shatter and shoot discs out everywhere.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 15, 2016

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fyi drinking makes you a weak fat hope this helps.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I can still deadlift almost 300 lbs, that's not too bad for a skinnyfat twig man. But I imagine I'd have less injuries and faster growth if I cut down to 1 drink a day of red wine(for the health benefits of course!)

My diet is another matter altogether. I was planning on putting together a whole grocery list, but had some crazy apartment issues with water coming out of light fixtures so I had to cut power off to everything but my bedroom for a while. Got it fixed and now I"m working on getting everything clean, it's trashed bad.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

bamhand posted:

PR week is over.

Got 3 reps each of 437.5 deadlift, 375 squat, 247.5 bench. And 2 reps of 175 OHP.

Not sure if I want to throw up, die, or die from throwing up right now.

Very nice! You're right at my strength levels but I think you're smaller than me so much stronger (I'm 6'3 223)

I'm hoping for some PRs like that this week. 345 squats, 270 bench, 165 OHP, 435 DLs are my working sets. Hopefully I can get 3-5 on each.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Defiant Sally posted:

have you ever been to squat bot dot com, op?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Skim Milk posted:

have you ever been to squat bot dot com, op?

no idea what that is

google leads me to a crosfitter blog

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

SpeedyCow posted:

Very nice! You're right at my strength levels but I think you're smaller than me so much stronger (I'm 6'3 223)

I'm hoping for some PRs like that this week. 345 squats, 270 bench, 165 OHP, 435 DLs are my working sets. Hopefully I can get 3-5 on each.

Nah I'm a huge fat rear end and short. I think we're about even. I'm 203 and 5'8. Good luck on your PR's! 5 is so many freaking reps. Also I'm jealous of your bench press.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I can still deadlift almost 300 lbs, that's not too bad for a skinnyfat twig man. But I imagine I'd have less injuries and faster growth if I cut down to 1 drink a day of red wine(for the health benefits of course!)

My diet is another matter altogether. I was planning on putting together a whole grocery list, but had some crazy apartment issues with water coming out of light fixtures so I had to cut power off to everything but my bedroom for a while. Got it fixed and now I"m working on getting everything clean, it's trashed bad.

There are no health benefits to drinking wine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Unless you drink so much you spent the night throwing up and wake up with severe dehydration and killer abs. That would be good.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
There are health benefits to drinking red wine, it makes you happy. Think of it like steroids for the soul.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

sassassin posted:

There are but you can get those same benefits from consuming fresh grapes that haven't been fermented

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Uhh but grapes dont get you drunk

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

There most certainly are health benefits to 1-2 glasses/day

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Personally I like whiskey better than wine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i only consume matter that will further my gains

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i only consume matter and convert it directly to energy through various exothermic reactions in my gut

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

There most certainly are health benefits to 1-2 glasses/day

There are a few minor, edge-case benefits that are completely offset by the amount of alcohol involved. It's a big net loss to any sort of health.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

sassassin posted:

There are a few minor, edge-case benefits that are completely offset by the amount of alcohol involved. It's a big net loss to any sort of health.

Al Cowens posted:

There are but you can get those same benefits from consuming fresh grapes that haven't been fermented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

What kind of gains can i expect from going from smoking 1 gram of kind bud a day to say 2 grams?

• Locked thread