Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
I'm happy there's a 61 page thread about sardines, the #1 most under-appreciated food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I really want to eat that rabbit, man.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

PinkoBastard posted:

Rabbit might seem intimidating but if you can get it jointed already it's a delicious meat to cook and pretty versatile

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PinkoBastard posted:

It turned out real good sorry I didn't take any piccys of the final plate

The reduction on the broth cooked polenta was a+ imo as well

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Not only have I never cooked rabbit, it's only really just occurred to me that I've never eaten it either. I've gotta get on that.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It was easy

Even butchering the little critters is not much work or puzzlement

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I am fully erect

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The KO Facebook is running a mother's day contest

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Tried the Alshark in tomato 'dines for an afternoon snack. Thought they were gross. My Wasas were stale as gently caress and disgusting but i feel like using that as an excuse for not eating the 'dines means I have Low T or something.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Is that the Ina Garten lentils + mirepoix + dijon vinaigrette? Cause if so, I bet it was drat amazin.g

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Are smoked clams as good as smoked oysters by themselves?

naem
May 29, 2011

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Is that the Ina Garten lentils + mirepoix + dijon vinaigrette? Cause if so, I bet it was drat amazin.g

I bought some random lentil salad from a Walgreens refrigerator thing near work and had some dines on me lol. It was good

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

naem posted:

I bought some random lentil salad from a Walgreens refrigerator thing near work and had some dines on me lol. It was good

Huh! I had no idea you could get lentil salad at the drug store

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Some Walgreens have a thing where they are pushing healthy food in the aisle up front where the chips used to be.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

withak posted:

Some Walgreens have a thing where they are pushing healthy food in the aisle up front where the chips used to be.

Sick bastards.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You just have to go to a shelf farther back to get chips.

naem
May 29, 2011

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Huh! I had no idea you could get lentil salad at the drug store

It's all part of this hip, happening west coast lifestyle where I do nothing but work nonstop and eat at the drugstore because I can walk there because I'm not paying $35 to park downtown dammit grumble grumble don't touch my scotch

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Look Sir Droids posted:

I prefer them to the oysters.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Look Sir Droids posted:

They're a bit more chewy but if you know you like clams already, you'll like them smoked and canned. Even so, I usually go for the smoked oysters.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
David attenborough taught me that clams and oysters are pretty much just worms with shells. Enjoy your worms.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
if worms tasted like clams I'd eat them

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What do worms taste like?

naem
May 29, 2011

withak posted:

What do worms taste like?

clambs

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I just mailed a box o' sards and mackerels to a Tennessee goon. Hope it gets there!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if you can solve my riddle i'll give you one of my clams

Zydrate
Jun 28, 2011
Sweet won the Mother's Day contest. Getting an Apron to wear as I eat dines over the sink. (On top of black pepper triscuits with some beaver brand horseradish) Also recently been getting into stuffed green olives. Double stuffed Jalapeño and Garlic are badass.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Finally had the KO Med dines I bought a while ago. Holy. poo poo. It was so good, I didn't need to use any hot sauce. Not as fishy tasting as the Wild Planets but also had less texture. The leftover oil was great with bread though. A+ would dine again.

Mmmm. I wish I bought more.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
KO/Clover Leaf (just decided I'll be referring to them as Cloverfields from now on) are the best!

But when I'm slumming, I'll still suck down a tin of lemon or hot pepper Brunswicks like my boss is watching

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

PinkoBastard posted:

KO/Clover Leaf (just decided I'll be referring to them as Cloverfields from now on) are the best!

But when I'm slumming, I'll still suck down a tin of lemon or hot pepper Brunswicks like my boss is watching

The lemon brunswicks really disappointed me, but the mustards are great, especially if you have a croissant to put them in.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Shithead Deluxe has received my belated box of fish. I eagerly await their Hot Take

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

The lemon brunswicks really disappointed me, but the mustards are great, especially if you have a croissant to put them in.

Yeah the mustards are pretty good! I know it's been said before, but the tomato Brunswicks are loving rancid

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ordered another 25 tins of Rigas from amazon. Even with non-prime shipping they comes to just under 2 bucks a tin and they're 5.6 OZ each as opposed to KO's $2.75ish per 3.75 OZ. KO's are tastier and have better oil but c'mon.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Are sardines good on pizza? Thinking about getting some za tonight and I'm wondering if they're gonna be any good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

Are sardines good on pizza? Thinking about getting some za tonight and I'm wondering if they're gonna be any good

You want something with a stronger flavor for pizza, aka anchovies.

I'm sure they'd be fine, but all the best stuff about the noble 'dine would be washed out so all you'd get is just a kind of fishy texture

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

I just mailed a box o' sards and mackerels to a Tennessee goon. Hope it gets there!

Oh it got here! Thanks again, Ceciltron. The Millionaires and Brunswick hot pepper 'dines didn't make it 24 hours after I opened the package.

I thought to take a group photo after I'd cracked open the first box.

I liked the Millionaires a lot. They have a good flavor and it's easy to pick the filets apart to put on a cracker. The Brunswick hot pepper variety had 3 little slices of jalapeno in the can that didn't impart much flavor into the fish, but they were still good. They just don't count as hot pepper sardines.

Tonight after work I'm doing it all over again with the sprats, and maybe the filets in mustard sauce if I'm still hungry. -no wait, hoagie roll, lettuce, tomato, a bit of mayo and the mackerel in mustard to make a giant MLT sandwich. That'd be rad.

edit: I was going to repay Ceciltron's kindness with a jar of Tennessee honey and maybe some other goodies, but paying it forward to another goon got suggested and I'm down with that. Is there a goon in the 'dines thread that loves real clover honey more than anyone else?

ShitheadDeluxe fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 15, 2016

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007
Last night's midnight dinner. Garlic dill pickles, pepperoncini, fancy 'dines, and crackers with a tall Bud to wash it down. It owned.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Nice! Glad you liked them. I'd opened the cardboard on the millionaires to make sure they were in date. I'm not a huge fan of them, personally!

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

Nice! Glad you liked them. I'd opened the cardboard on the millionaires to make sure they were in date. I'm not a huge fan of them, personally!

I thought they were a lot like Season brand, but sliced instead of 3 big fish crammed into the can.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUV4e58SkXc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007
That guy said mackerel wrong.