Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Better better yet, gently caress it, I acquit.

they would have gotten away with it if the Hurleybird didnt set them up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
C'mon, the theory that the fall and disclosure was done on purpose has to be true. This came from Reddit, people! They identified the Boston Bomber almost immediately all on their own, and no way did they ruin a guy's life for a few days over it because they are very careful and not quick to jump to conclusions based on shaky evidence.

Sheesh.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Jian Yang is under the dumpster.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

I think it'd be funny if Jian Yang joins Bighead's incubator and immediately launches an amazing startup so Bighead can fail up some more.

Jian Yang makes some kind of app that helps people squat on other people's property.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why would Gilfoyle (sp?) say to Richard, "You were supposed to shred those" when absolutely no one but their group was in ear shot?

Better yet, what do they gain by tipping anyone off at a possible scheme at all?

Better better yet, gently caress it, I acquit.

We don't know what they get yet, because the fullness of the plan isn't revealed. Dinesh says that it had better be worth it for what they have to sacrifice... What EXACTLY do the naysayers think is being sacrificed here? Obviously not the box in favor of the platform. What would the guys be sacrificing and wonder if it's worth it?

I say it's the platform, and they've come up with something better that has yet to be revealed to us. They started out gunning for the platform, but offer it up as the ruse for Action Jack to get pissed about while there's something even better they've thought up.

Clearly the platform will crawl under a dumpster any minute now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

I think it'd be funny if Jian Yang joins Bighead's incubator and immediately launches an amazing startup so Bighead can fail up some more.

Maybe not Jian Yang, but it's pretty certain that one of the startups in Bighead's incubator is going to hit it big.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
No way Jian Yang is leaving Erlich's house.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Either way is pretty funny, so I'm happy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Cojawfee posted:

Jian Yang makes some kind of app that helps people squat on other people's property.

Some sort of reverse airBnB?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Some sort of reverse airBnB?

So LANDyMy?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When you're the only one who thinks something, and everyone else doesn't really care, of course nobody's going to put time and energy into a lengthy rebuttal. They just disagree and dismiss it. A contrary opinion doesn't automatically force a discussion to revolve around you.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm putting my bet on "it's a ruse, but their plan will inevitably get hosed up anyhow".

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

I'm putting my bet on "it's a ruse, but their plan will inevitably get hosed up anyhow".

Agreed. I don't see now how a ruse would help them, but I also wouldn't have seen how losing the case would help them at the end of last season. This isn't a fairplay whodunnit, it's a comedy.

It is absolutely consistent with the Oceans 11 reference for the characters to appear to fail to both Jack and the audience, only to reveal in a later flashback that the whole thing was planned to go that way. That's probably the most distinct part of Oceans 11 vs. any other heist movie, besides that it stars Julia Roberts.

It is equally consistent with the show itself for in that moment of triumph, something to go horribly and genuinely awry, because Richard and Co. never quite manage to achieve the genius that they aspire for.

I'd call that a reasonable prediction even without knowing the episode name.

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 12, 2016

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Xoidanor posted:

I imagine him storming off indignantly 5 minutes into Rifftrax anything.

Counterpoint: Rifftrax is much worse than just riffing on a movie with your friends.

saffronskies
Nov 21, 2004
This could be the end of everything.
Given that Jack has been the CEO of multiple successful businesses, how effortlessly he mindfucks Richard and Erlich into joining the team, and the fact that Richard has tried to back stab him once already I tend to think the Skunkworks reveal was a genuine screw up on Richard's part. Even if it were a ruse wouldn't Jack be watching them 10x more closely now? He already warned Richard once about going behind his back. A half decent CEO wouldn't let it happen twice and then let their guard down.

That being said I'd be happy to be proven wrong on Sunday because this show is great and I've loved pretty much every moment so far. "Ladies and gentlemen... Florida." RIP Peter Gregory.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Or maybe their plan was just to get fired from the company while making it look like they weren't intentionally trying to get fired?

I mean that would make sense. They come up with an actual plan to make a skunkworks within the company, one that has to be believable as something you could pull off using the company's resources, and then conveniently let it fall into Jack's hands so that he fires them and then they just work on their platform on their own.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Jack can't get rid of Richard though, Pied Pipers main asset is still Richard's reputation as an engineering genius, nobody would give a poo poo about the box it doesn't have the appearance of being his brain child.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I know the truth behind kneepadbird :ninja:

mrmcd fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 13, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Or maybe their plan was just to get fired from the company while making it look like they weren't intentionally trying to get fired?

I mean that would make sense. They come up with an actual plan to make a skunkworks within the company, one that has to be believable as something you could pull off using the company's resources, and then conveniently let it fall into Jack's hands so that he fires them and then they just work on their platform on their own.

The preview contradicts this.

saffronskies
Nov 21, 2004
This could be the end of everything.

King Vidiot posted:

I'm not a legal expert by any stretch but is it possible that Raviga has some stipulation that malfeasance of this magnitude could cause Richard to be fired AND relinquish the Pied Piper IP?

I understand it would be difficult for them to do anything revolutionary without the gang working on the project but it might prohibit him from doing any further development after being terminated? Dunno, just a thought.

Edit: What I mean is when Steve Jobs was fired from Apple surely he was prohibited from starting a new company and continuing to work on the Macintosh.

saffronskies fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 14, 2016

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The IP is Pied Piper's. If Richard leaves, he can't do anything compression related, which is very similar to what happened to Jobs.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Why can't the team negotiate a bunch of drone engineers to build the wage slave box while the core group continues their revolutionary platform? Or is that too simple for a TV solution.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

The hurleybird theory is a far too complicated for a show like this. Why do complicated Oceans 11 nonsense when you can just dump more terrible mishaps and screw ups for good laughs?

mrmcd fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 14, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So the ending of tonight's episode was a good thing right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That bulldog.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Erich coughing at the end :lol:

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
This better end with Big Head being the new CEO of Pied Piper.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

It sure is an expensive looking chair.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Toad King posted:

This better end with Big Head being the new CEO of Pied Piper.

That would be perfect. One of my favorite running jokes is he does absolutely nothing and is the most inept person to ever live but somehow ends up winning big constantly.

Erlich coughing at the end was amazing. I wonder what kind of weed it was to make a professional stoner like him cough like a first timer.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

MoPZiG posted:

It sure is an expensive looking chair.

What is that chair? I thought it was some sort of a Embody but it isn't.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I said come in! posted:

So the ending of tonight's episode was a good thing right?
Maybe. I think it was intentionally open-ended.

kloa posted:

Erich coughing at the end :lol:
Smaller hits, Erlich!

That wasn't as funny as the last two episodes, but plot-heavy episodes of comedy shows rarely are. Plus we got some good Dinesh/Gilfoyle banter.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haven't watched it yet, but were all the people claiming that they got caught on purpose correct?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Someone compile me a list of all the good drat conspiracy theorists who ruined this thread for a week with the second dumbest theory I've heard in tviv

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Haven't watched it yet, but were all the people claiming that they got caught on purpose correct?

Those people were incorrect.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

withak posted:

Those people were incorrect.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hmmm, thought for sure that conversation with Laurie at the end was going to end with Monica in charge.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Veskit posted:

Someone compile me a list of all the good drat conspiracy theorists who ruined this thread for a week with the second dumbest theory I've heard in tviv

This doesn't even scratch the surface of I acquit or The Dumpster and Glenn.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Veskit posted:

I read about that theory in a review of this episode, so the stupidity isn't just limited to here. I guess internet nerds like to cheat off the same test. And just curious, what was the dumbest theory you've heard here?

I didn't read any of this thread between episodes and I'm probably richer for it, but I can lock the thread in case things get ludicrously stupid. The perks of being a thread creator....

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Ehrlich coughing at the end had me laughing way more than I should have been. Especially when he went for the very last drag even while coughing already and trying to talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Y-Hat posted:

And just curious, what was the dumbest theory you've heard here?

I aquit hands down. There are probably more from the animated stuff or something but that's the only one that stands out to me. This is next to it though and boy howdy was that one loving dumb.

• Locked thread