Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You guys.

I'm looking forward to more episodes. What is this weird feeling?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XyThOibT7c

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Tormund's new crush :pervert:

Too bad he'll end up taking the black when Brienne joins the Queensguard, and eventually becoming the 1,000th lord commander.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Yeah but steps are also how you get to the liquor store.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Is there anything in that episode that negates that leaked season synopsis? The last scene made me like Dany for the first time in many years.

No, everything in that season leak is still plausible. But it looks like we are going to find out next week for sure if those spoilers were real or not because the previews show poo poo going down.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
why would the 500000 mongols bow to the lady who torched their khals instead of killing her and then fighting over who gets to be khals now?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daenerys did something.

After 16 loving years Daenerys loving did something.

Just loving die already, GRRM.

So she has an army in Essos? We've been here before.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

why would the 500000 mongols bow to the lady who torched their khals instead of killing her and then fighting over who gets to be khals now?

Pretty sure they would treat her like a witch, and the warriors would gently caress her poo poo up. But that's ok - I'm ready for the plot to move foreward. She basically declared she is going to cross the sea to westeros.

I know doesn't need to be consistent, but her flame retardation seems to be there just when she needs it. I liked the original idea of it being possible due to blood sacrifice, but she was +1 resistant before the killing started.

It was a good episode - I thought the Jon / Sansa stuff was a bit heavy handed, but that's ok. Not sure why Ramsey would want to antagonize Jon - seems unnecessary. I was thinking "oh, he wants to goad Jon into attacking - all he has to do is stay behind the walls of winterfell and wait for them to freeze to death, or just fight off their attacks", but then I'll bet instead they will mount up and have a "big fight" outside the walls because that is better television than a siege.

I don't remember the rest of the episode really. OH! I liked how Brienne was like "so lets get this out of the way - I loving killed Stannis. Like I said I would. Get some."

And I never thought I'd enjoy a "romance" plotline, but wouldn't Tormand and Brienne make the cutest couple! =^.^=

kcroy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 16, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Take up the White Women's Burden.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

You guys.

Denial. You backslid on the "Stages of Grief"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You guys.

Yeah dude they're serving bread and salt I think we're in the clear

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

oh great. I'll leave my dog who senses danger and is clearly upset all locked up in this here kennel.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
BrieMund is the best celebrity couple ever. :3:

syscall girl posted:

LOL

kcroy posted:

So she has an army in Essos? We've been here before.

Wanna untie "the Mereenese Knot"?

Dragons + Unsullied + the entire Dothraki = the dumb siege is over.

It works. Whatever. Let's get this poo poo moving forward.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
At this point the only way Dany is getting her massive army to Westeros (and in the books it will be even bigger given that she has like a hundred thousand useless freed slaves following her around) is if the arm of Dorne gets unshuttered or the children raise some other land bridge.

In the books Victarion brought the Iron Fleet but that's like 90 longships meant for battle, how many men can they ferry? Dany can probably take her Unsullied to Westeros and some Dothraki but ultimately most of her followers are gonna miss the war of the dawn.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

AtAt-de-fay posted:

So, after Bran time fucks with Hodor's mindbrain we come to learn that Hodor is short for "Hold the door".

It's so dumb I hope it's true in the show and books.

But how exactly would Bran get around without his man-horse servant?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Im confused about all the show events for Dany.

I cant remember when or why she lost her dothraki the first time, but I guess she has them back so no progress there...

why would the dothraki worship her now after she basically just destroyed their cultural customs and burnt down their sacred city?

why would she once again lead the dothraki just because she is immune to fire. they already knew this. they already knew she had dragons. all of this already happened 5 years ago. wouldnt another khal-in-the-making just shank her and take control?

what did jorah and daario do? did they serve any purpose?

does it matter that she has all these dothraki again? there is no mereen siege to break and it seema tyrion solved that problem with the other slave cities and they burnt her ships in the harbour so still no going to westeros

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

TommyGun85 posted:

its actually her. Emilia Clarke already confirmed it in an interview. No cgi no body double.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-emilia-clarke-dany

It's been years since her first nude scene, but I'd recognize those weirdly proportioned hips on that warped hourglass anywhere.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

TommyGun85 posted:

I cant remember when or why she lost her dothraki the first time, but I guess she has them back so no progress there...

why would the dothraki worship her now after she basically just destroyed their cultural customs and burnt down their sacred city?

why would she once again lead the dothraki just because she is immune to fire. they already knew this. they already knew she had dragons. all of this already happened 5 years ago. wouldnt another khal-in-the-making just shank her and take control?

does it matter that she has all these dothraki again? there is no mereen siege to break and it seema tyrion solved that problem with the other slave cities and they burnt her ships in the harbour so still no going to westeros

It means all that stuff in the middle was pointless and she should have just started burning stuff with dragons from the get go. Drogo dies, she wanders the sea for a few years while the dragons grow up, and she's right where she needs to be no fuss and no knot: a leader in her own right with the fantasy equivalent of nukes backing her up.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Dothraki that followed her to Qarth were like crippled women and sick babies. The men mostly left the second Drogo died. It was just his bloodriders who stuck around for the funeral pyre.

Now there's actual warriors. Tens of thousands of them. So that's a slight difference.

That also gives her a massive infantry, cavalry, and 3 nukes. With that she can raze slaver's bay, steal the masters' ships, and get this thing moving after 16 years.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Martin was going to do a 5 year gap, but went with a 16 year one instead.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

TommyGun85 posted:

Killing with fire is totally cool, see Visery's crowning. It's kind of a neat that she used that bit of knowledge in her favour, which is completely nullified seconds later because she gets Jorah and Darrio to slit some throats of a couple of guards outside the hut. They did lock the door with some wood though so there is that.

Mujaji fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 16, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Tonight on Game of Thrones, Benioff and Weiss beat you over the head with the fact that Danny is Azor Ahai.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Martin was going to do a 5 year gap, but went with a 16 year one instead.

:golfclap:

I started reading this like mid 1st season, this book came out when I was like 4, let it end in some kind of way

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This season is certainly moving faster than the last one where nothing but hardhome happened.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We're still not gonna get Cleganebowl so this season is going to be a terrible disappointment all around.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
By the way I felt like a dope when my main nitpick with the whole "Now my watch has ended" bit from the other episode was tackled head on with Edd doing his whole, "Hey shithead, YOU FORGET ABOUT THE ICE ZOMBIES?!" thing.

I'm guessing the way they meant to write it is that Jon Snow is loving exhausted and out of hope, I imagine being dead a few days will do that to you, with his speech about how tired he is of fighting and willing to peace out from the wall and all, but the actor couldent sell it. A minor quibble.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Weak foreign khaleesi who got her khal killed with forbidden magic murders every leader in the city, the city with no bloodshed. Plus she's a girl and there's no precedent for this sort of thing.
Let's follow her to the ends of the earth.

This is the same logic that turned the reclusive emotional ice-witch that destroyed a countryside's crops and game and plunged them into freezing temperatures into a hero in Frozen.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

You guys.

Cleganebowl cannot be denied.

dogs named Charlie posted:

Tormund's new crush :pervert:

Too bad he'll end up taking the black when Brienne joins the Queensguard, and eventually becoming the 1,000th lord commander.

Tormund's going to be the founder of House Giantslayer, the most metal of houses. Their banner can be Wun Wun ripping a person in half.

She just walked out of a burning building completely unharmed. "Yeah my sword will totally be able to kill that person" doesn't seem like the first though that would come to someone's mind since if she can burn down a temple and kill a bunch of Khals without getting injured at all then how am I, generic Dothraki mook #8093929, going to take her down and what other powers could she be hiding?

TommyGun85 posted:

Killed the temple guards and then barred the door so nobody could get out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

She burned their high holy place with all their leaders in it to the ground and walked out of the flames totally unharmed. I dunno, that would probably make me question some core beliefs if I personally witnessed it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I knew from the first time I finished ADWD that the next move was "How Khaleesi got her groove back" but that was a pretty efficient way to do it. And yeah, show Brienne now has writing to match her onscreen greatness. Putting Davos and Mel on blast lol.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As Drogo so aptly pointed out, death by fire isn't bloodshed.

And if you kill a Khal you become a khal.

And a lady with dragons just stood in a raging inferno after eliminating all the leadership in a culture that worships strength and power.

I'm not seeing a single reason the Dothraki wouldn't be like "holy poo poo, you're the boss."

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Brienne is one of my favorite characters. She's seen some poo poo and just doesn't give up. Davos is also awesome.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

And a lady with dragons just stood in a raging inferno after eliminating all the leadership in a culture that worships strength and power.

I'm not seeing a single reason the Dothraki wouldn't be like "holy poo poo, you're the boss."

I won't argue that it wouldn't have been a lot cooler for Drogon to swoop in and land next to Dany, it would've been. But I got it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

maybe because she burnt down their loving sacred city.

are you serious?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TommyGun85 posted:

maybe because she burnt down their loving sacred city.

are you serious?

One large hut =/= an entire sacred city

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I feel like paraphrasing Lindybeige and say that the Dothraki wouldn't have had a problem if they hadn't doused their house in modern petrochemicals.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Given that the society was all about the strong leading while the weak follow/serve, I imagine quite a lot of them were more than happy to see the entire leadership go up in ashes.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The next episode is going to start with Dothraki yelling at her and leaving when Drogon is going to show up and she'll mount up and tell them to follow the stallion that mounts the world. Drogon will breathe fire and spread his wings revealing his massive erection that spurts firey jism all over the complaining Dothraki.

The rest will fall in line.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
It must have been kinda awkward when Tormund was introduced to Wun Wun. "Me am Wun Wun" "Hey, I'm Tormund Giantsbane-oops"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blind Sally posted:

One large hut =/= an entire sacred city

Seriously. Y'all just trying to grasp at straws here.

Loving the show is the new hating the GRRM.

Debase yourself and join me in hell, won't you?