Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a good difficulty mod for this? I moved back to veteran (already finished the game with self-imposed ironman veteran) and commander was way, way too hard. I want more enemies per squad or something, veteran has 2 enemies per squad (for some squads e.g. sectoid squads) for the first few months or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

rear end in a top hat game award:

Protect beacon mission with an Andreomodon loving it up every turn, leaving it almost dead by the time I run my squad there. Last pod is two codices and my first gatekeeper who sits on the beacon after I fall back. Mission ends with that fucker blowing up the beacon as it dies. THANKS JAKE, forgot those dicks exploded :xcom:

e: typos

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 16, 2016

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Got the snek suit just in time to equip it to my sharpshooter who got nicknamed "Adder". I was gonna give it to my Assault but it was just too fitting. :3:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
While on a guerrilla mission after encountering the Berserker Queen for the first time, I cleared all the pods but one, which remained undiscovered, and hacked the objective. I spent a couple turns staying still and overwatching when, throat the fog of war, it showed me the Berserker Queen pound a Muton twice. I did it again, and she killed it. I overwatchwed a few more times and she charged my guys. I took her down, and the mission ended. She took out a whole pod for me :psyduck:

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Is there a mod that shows the detection radius of a pod, or if moving to a tile will put you in their view range? I'm really bad at counting tiles.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Shouldn't the line of sight indicator be enough to work with for this. They see what you see.

Also, that Recovery Turn System mod I was talking about the other day is done to a degree. Try it out if you want an alternative to the default turn system.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685702241

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So I just got that "stuck under the Avenger" bug after doing an awesome VIP extraction mission (that hack for restoring the squad's actions is hilarious) so when I go from the skyranger to the next screen, I get the underside of the Avenger rather than the short of all my troops, and I can do nothing. Is there anything I can do to make that not happen that doesn't involve restarting the entire mission?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Furism posted:

Is there a mod that shows the detection radius of a pod, or if moving to a tile will put you in their view range? I'm really bad at counting tiles.

Wouldn't that just be the little eye symbol when you're fighting them? The one beside their health bars, the eye appears and disappears when you move your mouse, based on whether they can see that tile or not.

edit: it's the target symbol, not the eye. The eye is overwatch :/

many johnnys fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 17, 2016

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
Is there a way to turn off the Alien Hunter DLC? I want to go back to XCOM without rule breaking aliens and strange weapons.

MF_James posted:

Do you use steam? Click on xcom2 (don't launch) in the uhh browser thing there's a spot that shows the DLC you have active, just uncheck whatever you don't want.

Oh. Right.

Torgo2727 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 16, 2016

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Torgo2727 posted:

Is there a way to turn off the Alien Hunter DLC? I want to go back to XCOM without rule breaking aliens and strange weapons.

Do you use steam? Click on xcom2 (don't launch) in the uhh browser thing there's a spot that shows the DLC you have active, just uncheck whatever you don't want.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Maluco Marinero posted:

Shouldn't the line of sight indicator be enough to work with for this. They see what you see.

Also, that Recovery Turn System mod I was talking about the other day is done to a degree. Try it out if you want an alternative to the default turn system.

This looks pretty cool, do enemies work the same way?

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack

Stephen9001 posted:

So I just got that "stuck under the Avenger" bug after doing an awesome VIP extraction mission (that hack for restoring the squad's actions is hilarious) so when I go from the skyranger to the next screen, I get the underside of the Avenger rather than the short of all my troops, and I can do nothing. Is there anything I can do to make that not happen that doesn't involve restarting the entire mission?

I had that exact problem, most of my mods are pretty tame, (Ayylmao, Overwatch all, Evac All and finally Show me the skills) I deactivated the Show me the skills mod first since it had alot to do with how the Ui is displayed and that solved the problem entirely for me, now I only have to deal with "Hurr durr this save is lacking the mod necessary stuff may go bad" warning you get everytime you load a game, but so far absolutely nothing bad has happened from that.

I imagine the more graphical changing mods one has the harder or more annoying/buggy it will be to fix. Not to mention the whole not getting the benefits of the mods themselves.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Koboje posted:

I had that exact problem, most of my mods are pretty tame, (Ayylmao, Overwatch all, Evac All and finally Show me the skills) I deactivated the Show me the skills mod first since it had alot to do with how the Ui is displayed and that solved the problem entirely for me, now I only have to deal with "Hurr durr this save is lacking the mod necessary stuff may go bad" warning you get everytime you load a game, but so far absolutely nothing bad has happened from that.

I imagine the more graphical changing mods one has the harder or more annoying/buggy it will be to fix. Not to mention the whole not getting the benefits of the mods themselves.

Oh right, I should have probably mentioned that I don't have any mods, unless you count the latest DLC. So, uh yeah, that potential solution is out the window.

EDIT: I just tried it again after posting this, and though it had an unusually long loading time, it actually worked! Don't know how it fixed itself (I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact I restarted my computer since) but I'm not going to complain about it.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 16, 2016

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Lockback posted:

This looks pretty cool, do enemies work the same way?

Yeah everyone follows the same rules. I'll try put together a video tonight as I think it'll clear up the explanation a bit.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Maluco Marinero posted:

Yeah everyone follows the same rules. I'll try put together a video tonight as I think it'll clear up the explanation a bit.

Questions! How are rulers affected, and how badly of an idea would it be to combine this with a "every pod activates as soon as concealment ends" mod?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Thyrork posted:

Questions! How are rulers affected, and how badly of an idea would it be to combine this with a "every pod activates as soon as concealment ends" mod?

I haven't tested with Rulers but I imagine they'll work as they already do, taking their actions as your soldiers do. Activate all pods will be an interesting playthrough I think. I imagine it will feel more managable compared to how it currently works, given that you can sort of work within a more fluid turn order. Won't change a thing if you're completely outgunned of course, but it'll probably give you a slightly better fighting chance.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Since release, what are the changes to the ... doom counter thing? The idea used to be 'ride the doom counter until it's full then do a mission at the last-ish moment', but I read recently that that's not the way to do it. What is best now?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
You can only ride the timer once. From then on it'll always start from the minimum, 7-10 days I believe. So better not to ride it unless you absolutely have to, you'll need to be more proactive about securing facility missions and advancing the plot because you can't soak up months in timer riding.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
So Firaxis included the folder structure for Shen's Last Gift in the last SDK update:

XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Content\DLC\DLC_3\Packages\FX\SPARK_MEC

XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Content\DLC\DLC_3\GameData\Weapons\Spark_Rifle

XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Content\DLC\DLC_3\GameData\Perks\Spark

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Would you put a robot brain in a human body?

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

The mod that ports over a bunch of XCOM1 armor models is really good.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
Is it me, or Flashbangs got hosed up with the DLC?

Before, I loved using flashbangs against Berserkers or Faceless, so that they didn't attack for that turn. Lo and behold, yesterday (after installing the DLC) I used a flashbang on a faceless, got the Disoriented debuff and yet he managed to move to my poor 2 HP Corporal and attack him, killing him.

Anyone seen this as well?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

SandersPacheco posted:

Is it me, or Flashbangs got hosed up with the DLC?

Before, I loved using flashbangs against Berserkers or Faceless, so that they didn't attack for that turn. Lo and behold, yesterday (after installing the DLC) I used a flashbang on a faceless, got the Disoriented debuff and yet he managed to move to my poor 2 HP Corporal and attack him, killing him.

Anyone seen this as well?

I think an unlisted change that came with the patch is that Disoriented no longer prevents melee attacks.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Maluco Marinero posted:

For some reason, even when I had a scouting assault and the rest of my team moving up, I never realised this. Thanks for explicitly pointing it out, it's helping my scouting/setups a lot!

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

chami posted:

I think an unlisted change that came with the patch is that Disoriented no longer prevents melee attacks.

To be precise, this seems to be only with melee-only* enemies like the Faceless or Berserkers, Stun Lancers still get blocked from lancing if disoriented.

*...well except for Chryssalids, they only get the burning/disorientation immunity for unburrowing attacks.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Exposure posted:

So Firaxis included the folder structure for Shen's Last Gift in the last SDK update:

XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Content\DLC\DLC_3\Packages\FX\SPARK_MEC

XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Content\DLC\DLC_3\GameData\Weapons\Spark_Rifle

XCOM 2 SDK\XComGame\Content\DLC\DLC_3\GameData\Perks\Spark

Looking forward to playing some motherfuckin' Punch Out with aliens again.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Now w need some kind of cyber soldier that can move on every enemy action.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

AlternateAccount posted:

Now w need some kind of cyber soldier that can move on every enemy action.

Shen's Last Gift :allears:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Exposure posted:

To be precise, this seems to be only with melee-only* enemies like the Faceless or Berserkers, Stun Lancers still get blocked from lancing if disoriented.

*...well except for Chryssalids, they only get the burning/disorientation immunity for unburrowing attacks.

true statement. i flashbanged 3 elite lancers yesterday and it turned into a 3 stooges skit in the middle of an ADVENT enclave, it was basically the funniest loving thing i had seen all day.

Ion Mage
Dec 21, 2006
So, what the hell do I do when I have the ruler archon on an avenger defense mission? Even frost grenades only last about one ruler turn. And if he ends a move (NOT a full player turn) in the ramp twice in a row, its an instant failure.

I'm trying to not get salty here, but honestly this may be the worst dlc I've ever seen, or at least the first time I've actually gone and disabled it in the steam client. Anyone care to tell me how the narratve part of it ends? I've only seen the first one, and did power through the viper king and berserer queen, is there more narrative upon killing all three?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Not really. They just comment on Vahlen's hubris and how she's still out there.

If the Viper and Berserker armors are based off skeleton Spider and EXO suits, then the Icarus armor is equivalent to slightly better Warden armor. Two inventory slots, one armor pip, small mobility boost, and a slightly bigger health bonus. The wearer passively jumps up all walls, much like the MECs' rocket boot ability in EW without the need to be activated. Its active ability is a rocket jump. You can land on any revealed tile on the map, I think. It's a free action, has two charges, and a few turn cool down.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
There's one other thing we got out of this DLC though: a hint that Vahlen actually does have a first name. At this point I think it's part of the joke that we won't ever actually get her name but she at least signed one of her posts "Dr. M Vahlen" so that's a thing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dr. Murder Vahlen

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I thought it was Moira

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Coolguye posted:

There's one other thing we got out of this DLC though: a hint that Vahlen actually does have a first name. At this point I think it's part of the joke that we won't ever actually get her name but she at least signed one of her posts "Dr. M Vahlen" so that's a thing.

Her name is flat-out stated in X-COM 2, isn't it? It's Moira

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Massacre

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Mengele

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

chami posted:

Ah yes, "Fixed an issue where flashbang grenades were useful"

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Lunethex posted:

Would you put a robot brain in a human body?

we're getting transformers buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ion Mage posted:

So, what the hell do I do when I have the ruler archon on an avenger defense mission? Even frost grenades only last about one ruler turn. And if he ends a move (NOT a full player turn) in the ramp twice in a row, its an instant failure.

I'm trying to not get salty here, but honestly this may be the worst dlc I've ever seen, or at least the first time I've actually gone and disabled it in the steam client. Anyone care to tell me how the narratve part of it ends? I've only seen the first one, and did power through the viper king and berserer queen, is there more narrative upon killing all three?

Doesn't the ramp work like the hack thing in EW did? Just move someone on the ramp and they cannot take it over.