Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chokes McGee posted:

Will never stop reading this as Metalocalypse

Super suit - check
Lightning bolts - check
SPEEDFORCE - check

METAMURDER METAMURDER METAMURDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So I may have missed something, but what was the point of Cisco and Caitlin dressing up like their counterparts to delay Black Siren for five whole minutes until everyone else could turn on the convenient knockout machine? Maybe she was just about to knock another building down, but how would they have known that? How did they even know where she was in the first place?

Also it's pretty convenient that the opposite of Black Canary is apparently Black Siren and not White Canary, or things could have gotten even more confusing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well with how he was in denial after she died, it's probably better if they don't tell him because he would absolutely do something stupid.

"You telling... You saying my baby girls still alive?"

No. No sir. This is just someone with the same name, different life. Nothing alike except her appearance.

"My little newborn baby girl, she's still alive! My little, just got brought in by da nurse, little stub of umbilical cord still on her belly, skin to skin contact with her mother, apgar 5, six pound two ounces, little beanie cap to keep her head warm, little baby Laurel. You're telling me she's still alive!"

This was a mistake.

"Oliver, this is detective Lance, from Star City, you know me from work. You call up your buddy black driver and you tell him I said to tell the green arrow that Laurel is alive!"

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
It would be really funny if Wally ended up being a better and more beloved Flash than Barry. Again.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Him running Laurel-2 over was genuinely great

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did they seriously bring in an army of metas just to get rid of them next episode, not even using them in the finale?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

Did they seriously bring in an army of metas just to get rid of them next episode, not even using them in the finale?

Given that they have 42 minutes left to at least temporarily wrap up Zoom, mourn Flash-Dad, deal with Earth-2 and tell us what's up with the man in the iron mask I'm not too torn up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I love my dead dad, Jay! :argh:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm disappointed that they are keeping Earth-2 Laurel a secret because I would really like to see Captain Lance be reunited with his dead daughter again.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Proposition Joe posted:

I'm disappointed that they are keeping Earth-2 Laurel a secret because I would really like to see Captain Lance be reunited with his dead daughter again.

Then get to suffer his dead daughter dying yet again when Barry gives in to his eternal bloodlust and murders the poo poo out of her?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Maybe the man in the mask is Earth 2 Captain Detective Lance and Zoom keeps him locked up because he's also the Earth 2 version of Constantine.

Also, Wally sideswiping evil Laurel makes the rest of this season worth it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You're good but you're not THAT good...

Only the best super villains know to get the guys plate

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I wish the end scene had showed Barry using his powers and trying to stop the vibrohand hitting his dad, but not being fast enough, feel like there was a missed opportunity for some really cool visuals or something. Instead the scene was just kinda forgettably presented, and had all the impact of a wet thud.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So Barry and Zoom race around the planet so fast that the wear a path all the way down to the core through the middle of it like too many rubber bands on a watermelon?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I want them to show Earth-2 Laurel to Detective Lance and have him go, "Just because she looks like my baby girl and has the same name doesn't mean that they are at all connected. This person means about as much as looking at a wax model of my daughter. Don't you idiots know how alternate realities work? Wells, haven't you explained this science poo poo to them?"

Then Wells can just shrug because he seems to be the only person in a group of highly intelligent but stupid characters to get it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I want them to show Earth-2 Laurel to Detective Lance and have him go, "Just because she looks like my baby girl and has the same name doesn't mean that they are at all connected. This person means about as much as looking at a wax model of my daughter.
What on earth makes you think that any of the characters on either of these shows is that sensible?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

VagueRant posted:

What on earth makes you think that any of the characters on either of these shows is that sensible?

I don't think it would be in character but it would be funny. :shrug:

What he'd actually do is have her mind wiped and then just convince her that she was Earth-1 Laurel. I would also be fine with this because it would undo the idiocy of the Arrow writers and everyone could just pretend that it never happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus she'd have a real Canary Cry.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Charles Gnarwin posted:

What he'd actually do is have her mind wiped and then just convince her that she was Earth-1 Laurel. I would also be fine with this because it would undo the idiocy of the Arrow writers and everyone could just pretend that it never happened.

You might just get your wish.

I liked this episode quite a lot, Flash Dad getting the vibro hand actually surprised me because I they were setting stuff up between Wesley Shipp and Amanda Pays. I'm sure he'll still have appearances though, if only in dream sequences or communing with the Speed Force or whatever. Wally running over Laurel was the best thing in the entire series, the little dent in the quarter panel was the best part :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Fun episode! Oh my, evil Katie Cassidy. :allears:
It's funny that this episode was a better use of Cassidy than...pretty much all of Arrow.

Awww, Henry. :( He was one of my favorites.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I would be shocked if this wasn't the case.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

I wish the end scene had showed Barry using his powers and trying to stop the vibrohand hitting his dad, but not being fast enough, feel like there was a missed opportunity for some really cool visuals or something. Instead the scene was just kinda forgettably presented, and had all the impact of a wet thud.

WB = Wet Bud

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Speed Force made him faster, but you can't fix stupid.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Poor Henry. Sorry I knew you were going. I am intrigued by Zoom's plot of "You are me. And if you're not, I'm gonna make it true." Not because it's particularly fresh or all that interesting, but because it's so petulant that it's funny. I'm really curious as to how they're gonna fix Barry running around Earth so hard that it splits in half. Hell, I just wanna see how they cram in a funeral and final boss battle in one episode. They also gotta give Wally powers now. I pray that he goes full Thea upon learning that Barry is The Flash. We do not need more West Drama (TM). I hate Jesse standing around because everything that happens to her feels like "Okay, now she's fast." Is her headphones not working supposed to be foreshadowing?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why can't the Flash be happy? Was that a writer's room decision, The Flash can never be happy?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The Speed Force made him faster, but you can't fix outrace stupid.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boom boom boom posted:

Why can't the Flash be happy? Was that a writer's room decision, The Flash can never be happy?

Episode directed by Hunter Zoloman
Written by Eobard Thawne

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SonicRulez posted:

Poor Henry. Sorry I knew you were going. I am intrigued by Zoom's plot of "You are me. And if you're not, I'm gonna make it true." Not because it's particularly fresh or all that interesting, but because it's so petulant that it's funny. I'm really curious as to how they're gonna fix Barry running around Earth so hard that it splits in half. Hell, I just wanna see how they cram in a funeral and final boss battle in one episode. They also gotta give Wally powers now. I pray that he goes full Thea upon learning that Barry is The Flash. We do not need more West Drama (TM). I hate Jesse standing around because everything that happens to her feels like "Okay, now she's fast." Is her headphones not working supposed to be foreshadowing?

Scene didn't work for me.

"You're just like me! I'm gonna kill your dad in front of you, just like what happened to me!"

"I thought your dad killed your mom?"

"WE'RE EXACTLY THE SAME"

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

greatn posted:

"You're just like me! I'm gonna kill your dad in front of you, just like what happened to me!"

"WE'RE EXACTLY THE SAME"

"Now, you'll watch your parent die in front of you like I did!"

"Uh, dude, I watched my mom die like...years ago."

"Oh, really? Well, poo poo.... Hold on, I'll think of something."

Scene fades to black as we hear Zoom run away, then hear Joe yell "Iris!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

10 Beers posted:

Fun episode! Oh my, evil Katie Cassidy. :allears:
It's funny that this episode was a better use of Cassidy than...pretty much all of Arrow.

Awww, Henry. :( He was one of my favorites.

She is always better when she shows up on Flash.

I'm assuming that since they locked her up, she is going to escape and show up on Arrow next season.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Laurel had a kickass outfit. And they actually gave her dumb scream some effects!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Also it's not just me - Barry's childhood home is the slightly redressed set of Joe's house, right?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Her outfit was, yes, extremely kickass, and I like that they made sure you respected it with the low angle shots of her awesome skirts or long jacket whatever you call it.
e:

:allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 18, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

greatn posted:

"WE'RE EXACTLY THE SAME"

Kinda like how people love the idea of Metahuman Stalin Barry, I love the idea of incompetent Zoom.

"I'm going to kill your father as an adult, which will be the same as when I watched my dad kill my mom as a child! Then we'll be exactly the same!"

"Ummm...Those two things are nothing alike."

"But, the parent thing...and..."

"Yeah, this isn't the betrayal of one of the people I trust more than anyone else killing the other person I trust that much. Just a jackass in a gimp mask killing my dad."

"Uhhh..."

"And it's not even the dad that really raised me. It's the one I didn't see for, like, a decade straight. At best this guy is like a really beloved uncle."

"B-but..."

"And didn't you go to a really lovely orphanage for the rest of your childhood, too? How are you gonna replicate that, Hunter?"

"Well..."

"siiiiigh...We went over this when you thought you stole my speed, man. You are SUPER bad at this."

"I know. Please don't tell Caitlin. :qq:"

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Can Wally please do this every episode? Just get a pep talk and then drive fast?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just realized the worst possible and thus most likely ending. After Zoom and Barry race and destroy Earth 2, the fight continues on Earth, where Barry snaps Zoom's neck killing him. Joe then arrests Barry for crossing the line, his identity is revealed to the world and the next season is the trial of the flash.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doktor Per posted:

Can Wally please do this every episode? Just get a pep talk and then drive fast run people down in his car :rice:?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

greatn posted:

I just realized the worst possible and thus most likely ending. After Zoom and Barry race and destroy Earth 2, the fight continues on Earth, where Barry snaps Zoom's neck killing him. Joe then arrests Barry for crossing the line, his identity is revealed to the world and the next season is the trial of the flash.

Oh please, if killing metahumans was a crime, we'd have never made it to this season at all.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Yea of all the murders Joe is gonna have a problem with it's Zoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I think it would only push Joe over the line if they had already captured/depowered Zoom, and then Barry killed him anyway. Otherwise it would be some pretty terrible writing to have him decide killing Zoom was going too far.

However, it is very likely that Iris lays down some kind of ultimatum about killing him, forcing Barry to choose between revenge and her. He will of course choose revenge and be extra full of angst next season.

• Locked thread