Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBQ Crisis
Nov 2, 2011

Wow that is an unfortunate looking skull, who would waste so much space on that nasty thing?

Oh. Oh :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Sweet Jesus, that has GOT to be child abuse.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BBQ Crisis posted:

Wow that is an unfortunate looking skull, who would waste so much space on that nasty thing?

What
The gently caress.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hey it's the setting of that one GI Joe PSA.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BBQ Crisis posted:

Not OK.

BBQ Crisis
Nov 2, 2011

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Sweet Jesus, that has GOT to be child abuse.

Apparently the dude is in West Virginia, where minors can go hog wild with scratcher tats as long as they have written consent from a parent or guardian!

Unsurprisingly the rest of his work is horrible, but hopefully at least on consenting adults. So many ugly dragons

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

The quote makes me think that's supposed to be Stitch but...drat.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
That kid has another tattoo on his back.

I hate that I just typed "that kid has another tattoo".

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

hyperhazard posted:

The quote makes me think that's supposed to be Stitch but...drat.

Ghana means "family."

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
poo poo, how did we miss this?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A bunch of the cast and crew got tattooed by the Suicide Squad:

Getting an amateur tattoo in a lovely studio lot trailer, that looks reeeal sanitary.
Will Smith can't tattoo for poo poo. :v: At least Margot Robbie looked like she was trying to do a good job, I guess.

They also had a promotional thing at the SXSW con where actual tattoo artists were giving people Suicide Squad tattoos for free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRqlHD8ZNgM

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This page has an overwhelming amount of what the gently caress on it.

Seriously, tattooed kids and then actors tattooing eachother? What the gently caress is going on

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

There's also an idiot vet out there that's fine with sedating animals and tattooing/piercing them. Pic is of a tattooed cat, probably :nms: for some people:

http://i.imgur.com/DP512vQ.jpg

If you GIS it there are more but I really don't feel like it.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 21:07 on May 18, 2016

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Scathach posted:

There's also an idiot vet out there that's fine with sedating animals and tattooing/piercing them. Pic is of a tattooed cat, probably :nms: for some people:

http://i.imgur.com/DP512vQ.jpg

If you GIS it there are more but I really don't feel like it.

Edit: Apparently it's not illegal, just 'incredibly frowned upon'. What the gently caress is wrong with people?

Johnny Truant has a new favorite as of 21:56 on May 18, 2016

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cut off a cat's balls and gently caress up its hormones for life? Responsible pet ownership

Buy an animal a bunch of sick tats? Animal abuse

im joking ok don't dox me

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
If I'm not mistaken, a lot of pets are tattooed with an ID number when they're spade/neutered. I dunno if they still do that these days, but they're cheaper than micro-chipping them, I bet. My cats had those tats somewhere under their fur.

But yeah tattooing an actual design just for aesthetic reasons is pretty stupid/hosed up.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i dont have one because i find them repulsive but i was under the impression that sphinx cats were purchased for cosmetic reasons and their main appeal is their bare skin. seems like tattooing it defeats the purpose. also im not entirely convinced that picture is legitimate.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Heath posted:

Cut off a cat's balls and gently caress up its hormones for life? Responsible pet ownership

Buy an animal a bunch of sick tats? Animal abuse

im joking ok don't dox me

You are right, my post was reactionary and it is slightly hypocritical. Still, though, that's just hosed.

VoidBurger posted:

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of pets are tattooed with an ID number when they're spade/neutered. I dunno if they still do that these days, but they're cheaper than micro-chipping them, I bet. My cats had those tats somewhere under their fur.

Never heard of this, only the microchipping. That's different than "I want my cat to have the same skull and crossbones I do fufufu" though.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Can't be the UK, he'd be reported and struck off. The RCVS doesn't look kindly on that poo poo.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

VoidBurger posted:

But yeah tattooing an actual design just for aesthetic reasons is pretty stupid/hosed up.

Most of what I've seen is that racing Greyhounds might have unique ID numbers tattooed on them, we looked one up once on a website (no surprise, she'd done awful and that's why she was a family pet now :P ).

Usually for strays that get spayed at a shelter they just rub tattoo ink into the incision when they're done rather than making a design. It's just a visual signifier they've been fixed since it's hard to tell if something has a uterus from the outside, it's not an identification of any kind. Sometimes for feral cats that are on a catch-and-release program they'll take a notch out of their ear, too. Animals get all the wicked body mods :v: .

Mercury Hat has a new favorite as of 23:29 on May 18, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Roro posted:

Can't be the UK, he'd be reported and struck off. The RCVS doesn't look kindly on that poo poo.

I'm pretty sure it was done in Russia. I only remember the original article was years ago. I thought it was a hoax since it look so clean, but there are pics fro other angles and I've seen some rear end in a top hat artist tattoo pigs, so...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you can usually tell when feral cats have been fixed by a clipped ear.

I've seen tattoo artists practice on pig skin before, but usually it isn't still attached to the pig.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
The tattoo when an animal gets spayed isn't like getting a chest piece its just a straight line because the scars sometimes heal very cleanly.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
A chip is $50 at my local vet, I don't think it's the savings that people are after.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That dragon's really protective of its cookie.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
100% chance that's a LOLRANDOM furry

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

synthetik posted:

The tattoo when an animal gets spayed isn't like getting a chest piece its just a straight line because the scars sometimes heal very cleanly.

TIL. I just thought they were scars.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

synthetik posted:

TIL also! I thought some had identifying numbers as well. My bad.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

I thought I had a stroke for a second trying to read this

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I had to look at that HARD for a few seconds to figure it out.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

The most nothing phrase in the most nothing font ever. The most nothing tattoo. Money well spent.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Might as well have been *fart*

Minister of Chance
Apr 6, 2011
My parents' cats have those identification tatoos. They have chips, too.
The rescue really did not want them to get lost I suppose. Here's a pic of one of them.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy god that cat is cute :catstare:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Minister of Chance posted:

My parents' cats have those identification tatoos. They have chips, too.
The rescue really did not want them to get lost I suppose. Here's a pic of one of them.

That appears to be two different cats stitched together.

I think you may have been screwed over: they've taken two salvaged cats and made one complete one out of the bits.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Cats: The most anime of animals

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

spog posted:

That appears to be two different cats stitched together.

I think you may have been screwed over: they've taken two salvaged cats and made one complete one out of the bits.

That's not really so bad. Refurbished can be just as good as new.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Marta Velasquez posted:

That's not really so bad. Re-fur-bished can be just as good as new.

This was unintentional. PYF seems to be rubbing off on me.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Marta Velasquez posted:

This was unintentional. PYF seems to be rubbing off on me.

Nope, that was the bad way to go. Refurb the Yospos cat would have been the better reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Nope, that was the bad way to go. Refurb the Yospos cat would have been the better reference.

I don't know what that is, and I feel better for it. Thank you.