Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is there a reason not to just start the raid as soon as you can and have the funds? It's not like it times out or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Is there a reason not to just start the raid as soon as you can and have the funds? It's not like it times out or something.

I'd like for as many people as possible to participate, that way as many people as possible get rewards.

We are also almost to the point where we could do T6 in a reasonable amount of time.

e: Because people probably lost this last page:

Malgrin posted:

We'd previously been doing the late night/early morning start because it took us a whole reset to do the raid anyways. Now that we're doing it faster, I'm putting up a doodle. If you're in IGD and care about what time the Raid starts at, go here:
http://doodle.com/poll/2imb7479ns2w6md2

e: Also, I just started another raid.

e: Doodle poll is in pacific time

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 18, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

What timezone is it for?

Qui-Gon and GenoSold make a great combo for Phase 1 of the raid. Combine them with a Phasma Leader and pewpew. Can't wait to get QGJ to 7*

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 18, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What are these upcoming coruscant and bespin omega battle events? Do I need coruscant cop?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

cowofwar posted:

What are these upcoming coruscant and bespin omega battle events? Do I need coruscant cop?

And ugnaught for bespin!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

It's the return of the omega material event. I'm not sure at this point which units will be needed.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

And ugnaught for bespin!

Ugnaught finally pullin' his weight.

(Why did I unlock him)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

It's the return of the omega material event. I'm not sure at this point which units will be needed.

If I had to put money on it I'd say the units we will need for this event are ones that no one uses or puts credits into. Maybe 2 battles using regular dudes but at least 1 will have people scrambling to get units up to spec.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

If I had to put money on it I'd say the units we will need for this event are ones that no one uses or puts credits into. Maybe 2 battles using regular dudes but at least 1 will have people scrambling to get units up to spec.

Time to start working on Clone Sergeant, Ugnaught, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Magmatrooper then I guess. Oh, and obviously Cad.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Davethulhu posted:

Who did you need for the last event?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

It was a random selection daily.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
So I apparently started this around the time that force awakens came out and have now come back - I've added myself to the goon spreadsheet and sent some ally requests for joining the guild.

Is Poe still worth gearing up? I remember him being the source of a lot of complaints so I've been assuming that he was nerfed into the ground.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

X_ThePerfect posted:

Is Poe still worth gearing up? I remember him being the source of a lot of complaints so I've been assuming that he was nerfed into the ground.

Not really. He was nerfed really goddamn hard. RG is the new go-to tank.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

X_ThePerfect posted:

So I apparently started this around the time that force awakens came out and have now come back - I've added myself to the goon spreadsheet and sent some ally requests for joining the guild.

Yes was. Start working on QGJ he's great.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Disco De Soto posted:

Ok I did some searching. During the last event, the character list for Bespin was:
Dooku, Lumi, Fives, Reistance Trooper, Nightsister Acolyte, Ahsoka, Coruscant Underworld Police, Jawa, Veers, Nute Gunray, Hoth Rebel Scout

At the time you just had to have three at 3*. Requirements will probably be higher this time.

The character list for Coruscant was:
Sidious, Jedi Consular, HK-47, Eeth Koth, Nightsister Initiate, Anakin, Datcha, Old Ben, First Order Stormtrooper, Greedo, and Tusken Raider

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Cool, if it's only three toons then I have all six covered at 7*

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Got just enough furnace parts to finish my first furnace from the raid earlier today, took Lando to Gear 9. First arena afterwards was Lando(L), Greedo, HR Scout, Daka, Royal Guard vs. Dooku(L), IG-86, Lumi, QGJ, ST Han.

At first, nothing goes right for me: dooku stuns HRS and Daka, RG fails to stun Han, Greedo bomb gives 3 enemies Offense Up, by the time Lando's first turn starts HRS is at <50%. Well Lando gets crits on IG and QGJ, but then Han taunts and QGJ knocks RG's taunt off and O.Up Dooku finishes HRS off. No daka passive revive, no daka active revive. Luckily AI targets RG, but Lumi heals and it's 3v5, but Lando lands a teamwide crit. No one dies until Lando's next turn when he does it again and it's 3v3, ST Han finally dies to Greedo and I can easily mop up Lumi and Dooku.

If you don't get a snowball rolling he's nothing to write home about but it's sort of a coinflip where you either win or have to actually fight it out. Sort of like Daka!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

kaschei posted:

Got just enough furnace parts to finish my first furnace from the raid earlier today, took Lando to Gear 9. First arena afterwards was Lando(L), Greedo, HR Scout, Daka, Royal Guard vs. Dooku(L), IG-86, Lumi, QGJ, ST Han.

At first, nothing goes right for me: dooku stuns HRS and Daka, RG fails to stun Han, Greedo bomb gives 3 enemies Offense Up, by the time Lando's first turn starts HRS is at <50%. Well Lando gets crits on IG and QGJ, but then Han taunts and QGJ knocks RG's taunt off and O.Up Dooku finishes HRS off. No daka passive revive, no daka active revive. Luckily AI targets RG, but Lumi heals and it's 3v5, but Lando lands a teamwide crit. No one dies until Lando's next turn when he does it again and it's 3v3, ST Han finally dies to Greedo and I can easily mop up Lumi and Dooku.

If you don't get a snowball rolling he's nothing to write home about but it's sort of a coinflip where you either win or have to actually fight it out. Sort of like Daka!

Lando's strength is lovemaking.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Twigand Berries posted:

Lando's strength is lovemaking.
And the galaxy's finest soft-serve.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

full disclosure immediately after posting that I lost getting into top 50 because lando got 0 crits and then 1 crit (with crit buff against 5) and I failed to kill a single enemy

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I think I'll probably win this one:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

cowofwar posted:

Cool, if it's only three toons then I have all six covered at 7*

But it'll probably be a random selection of different characters right? I only have 24/83 unlocked, let alone starred up, so my chances aren't good :(

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

No talk about the new chromium chars in shipments for 80 crystal per shard? What's that? 80$ or so to go from 6* to 7*?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Hughlander posted:

No talk about the new chromium chars in shipments for 80 crystal per shard? What's that? 80$ or so to go from 6* to 7*?

Something like that. It's meant for whales who miss a few shards here and there. I was tempted by Aayla shards but then did the math, would cost about 180$ to get her to 7* this way and that's way out of my league.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
So I've been playing for a week and hit a roadblock. I tried adding myself to the goon spread sheet but my drat phone wont let me so if you want to help a scrub like me its Grash Alsu and 555-553-255.
I havent spent money on the game. Yet.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

MisterGBH posted:

So I've been playing for a week and hit a roadblock. I tried adding myself to the goon spread sheet but my drat phone wont let me so if you want to help a scrub like me its Grash Alsu and 555-553-255.

Added you to the spreadsheet, and also got an Ally invite from you that I accepted (R4NS0M).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MisterGBH posted:

I really wish you could add a message to friend invites. I accepted your FR now, enjoy Phasma forever. :getin:

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Cheers guys. Jeez your Phasma is a beast! I have so far to go yet.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Jesus christ I loving hate Gamorrean Guard part of the fight. This is such a bullshit fight.

Summon Guard
Guard 1 taunts
Boss heals Guard 1
Guard 2 taunts and counters
Teammate gets marked one one-shot
Boss heals Guard 2
Guard 1 taunts.

Never get to DPS the boss. I'll come back when we're fighting the Rancor.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Jesus christ I loving hate Gamorrean Guard part of the fight. This is such a bullshit fight.

Summon Guard
Guard 1 taunts
Boss heals Guard 1
Guard 2 taunts and counters
Teammate gets marked one one-shot
Boss heals Guard 2
Guard 1 taunts.

Never get to DPS the boss. I'll come back when we're fighting the Rancor.

I love the GG phase, but it requires the right crew. I run Teebo (L), Ewok Elder, QGJ, RG, Phasma. Once I have Fives up to a decent level, I'll sub him for RG and Phasma, dunno who my fifth will be.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know why anyone below 6 stars isn't available for me to use anymore, I guess we started on a harder tier in QGJ?

It's just super unfun, I did 35k damage to the boss with my A team, compared to the 300k+ I'd do to the rancor.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

I don't know why anyone below 6 stars isn't available for me to use anymore, I guess we started on a harder tier in QGJ?

It's just super unfun, I did 35k damage to the boss with my A team, compared to the 300k+ I'd do to the rancor.

Ohh, yeah, if you guys just started T6, I'm so very sorry. It took us about 4 days and felt miserable. We're waiting until June to try again.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Ohh, yeah, if you guys just started T6, I'm so very sorry. It took us about 4 days and felt miserable. We're waiting until June to try again.

Yup, this is what happened. We were killing T5 quickly enough that we were facing a lot of downtime, so I suggested we try a T6 and use its longer duration to build up a reserve of guild currency to do a bunch of fast T5s again once we were done. In retrospect, that was a huge mistake and I'm very sorry to the whole guild for pushing for it!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

Whoops, I rejected your invite before I realized it might be a goon. I sent another ally invite.

Also if you're in Ima GoonDi feel free to skip phase 1 if you're having trouble with it since some of us now have the team to break it in half. Remember when people said phase 1 is bad for damage?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I knew it would be a bad idea for us to start a t6, however I had no idea it would be THIS bad, but I think the first phase is the worst of it for us, and there is a bit of strategy that may help some of us to get through this phase.

First a little bit of theory craft about phase 1, if you don't care skip to the next section for the actual strategy. Phase 1 is like filling a bucket with water, when that bucket has a hole in it. Water leaves the bucket at a set rate, if you can barely overcome this rate you will see very little progress on filling the bucket, but once you overcome the rate of flow out of the bucket, all that extra water will count towards filling the bucket. In this case, the water flowing in and out is damage. For example, if you can do 100k damage over a set number of turns, and between the heal and the rez that the main pig has, he mitigates 90k damage, you end up only doing 10k damage to the boss over the interval, but if you increase your damage by only 20%, so you do 120k over the same interval, the pig still only mitigates 90k, leaving you with a total of 30k damage on the boss, a 3x increase on the boss by raising your damage by only 20%.

How to take advantage of this - Instead of trying to fight the pigs with one team, fight him with two. Use a decoy team to weaken the guards and use up the pigs cooldowns. Ideally your decoy team can get the guards into the red, and have the leaders rez and heal both on cool down before they die/flee, then you switch up to your big time dps group. Something like QGJ, Rey, GS, 86, and Teebo. This group finishes off the guards very quickly, and then pounds on the boss by himself for as long as the rez cooldown takes. With Teebo in the mix you can really slow down how often the pig goes. I used a slightly less optimal team today to try this strategy out, and there is probably an even more optimal team that fits slow into the mix like with fives, but I hit 130k damage with just one attack team. I am fairly certain I can close in on 200k tomorrow, and I know there are 4 or 5 people in QGJ who have stronger rosters that I do, and who could also field a second strong attack team.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Phase 1 is brutal in T6. The other phases aren't as bad.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Malgrin posted:

I love the GG phase, but it requires the right crew. I run Teebo (L), Ewok Elder, QGJ, RG, Phasma. Once I have Fives up to a decent level, I'll sub him for RG and Phasma, dunno who my fifth will be.

Should I run this same team for p1? Right now I have QGJ & Phasma at 7*, Teebo at 6*, Elder & RG at 5*, but Teebo and Elder are underleveled, but at least VII gear.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

SUBFRIES posted:

Should I run this same team for p1? Right now I have QGJ & Phasma at 7*, Teebo at 6*, Elder & RG at 5*, but Teebo and Elder are underleveled, but at least VII gear.

Definitely work on leveling Teebo and Elder. The reason you want Teebo is for his TM reduction, and he won't do much of that if he isn't above GG/Rancor level.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Malgrin posted:

Definitely work on leveling Teebo and Elder. The reason you want Teebo is for his TM reduction, and he won't do much of that if he isn't above GG/Rancor level.

Cool, Teebo is level 69 and 60/100 to 7*, but just checked again, Elder is level 61 & actual VIII gear, but 1/65 to 5*. Any good subsititues for him until he's leveled? Daka (5* but level 78)?

You got me hyped about an ewok squad, scout is 63/65 to 5*, Chirpa is already 5*, both level 60-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

SUBFRIES posted:

Cool, Teebo is level 69 and 60/100 to 7*, but just checked again, Elder is level 61 & actual VIII gear, but 1/65 to 5*. Any good subsititues for him until he's leveled? Daka (5* but level 78)?

You got me hyped about an ewok squad, scout is 63/65 to 5*, Chirpa is already 5*, both level 60-ish.

If you're doing GG squad, you NEED elder or Ackbar for the debuff removal. I use Elder because he works so well with Teebo.

If you are facing the Rancor, Chirpa also helps Teebo's TM, but is not necessary. For Rancor, I usually run Teebo (L), Phasma, RG, QGJ, Rey. So much damage.