Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

EightAce posted:

I think the thread is dying. One mod managed to derail the most epic thread in SA's history but now its Time to face facts. This is like hollow death

Its really just slowed as more have moved to discord and the fact that the threads been a but buried away at this point. But as others have pointed out this may have been the intention.

But good things coming apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
2.4 should bring enough novelty not to be an ELE

But we'll probably get some sick :pgabz: vids out of it, so it's not a total waste of time.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

MedicineHut posted:

And/or the Drake Buccaneer sale I suspect.

Meanwhile the 2.4 NDA PTU seems to still have the broken servers with false instancing caps and code 7s. Will they patch it successfully before the weekend? Stay tuned.

I do not think CIG will dare to launch the Buccaneer sale before fixing 2.4. Unless 2.4 is an actual game changer literally it is going to become even harder to rationalize and push one ship sale a month.
can't wait to see how salty cutlass owners get at the buccaneer

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

can't wait to see how salty cutlass owners get at the buccaneer

I think by and large the community has already discounted the effect tbh. We will see a few threads going up etc by clueless commandos but overall the whale population knows what is coming.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-homefront-the-revolution-performance-analysis

quote:

Built with CryEngine technology, Homefront: The Revolution is undoubtedly a visually arresting game - but sadly, one where performance leaves a lot to be desired, on console at least. But with general gameplay often running at 20fps and under on PS4 and Xbox One, it's hard to truly enjoy the nuts and bolts of its gunplay. You get a native 1920x1080 on PS4 as you might expect, while Xbox One settles for a 1600x900 resolution - standard fare for most CryEngine titles.

Sadly, frame-rates aren't the only problem on console. The game's auto-save system is a major issue too, causing all gameplay to suddenly freeze for five to ten seconds at a time on PS4 and Xbox One. This wouldn't be such a nuisance, except these checkpoints occur so frequently; whether it's after buying a new gun, accepting a new mission, or simply moving to a new area. It's possible to run into several in quick succession too if you're unlucky, creating another big roadblock to engaging with the experience. It's a problem that is mostly a non-issue on an SSD-equipped PC, but on the stock 5400rpm HDDs in PS4 and Xbox One, it's too grating to overlook.

This is how CryEngine runs on consoles, bodes well for Squadron42

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

SEPTEMBER 30TH 2014 Star Citizen Patch V0.9.1

1 year, 7 months, 19 days later, still no Idris.

This explains everything. The whole game is actually right there, as advertised and promised, but it's all invisible and intangible.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
thread's awesome gently caress the haters

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

When Ben's wife goes to the bathroom in the morning, do you think it's like pulling apart a grilled cheese sandwich?

I think that is the first time I've actually gagged in the thousands of pages of multiple star citizen threads. Nice play.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

thread's awesome gently caress the haters

You tell em.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Threads going to get a huge shot in the arm.

Just wait.. not even two weeks.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

TTerrible posted:

the prophet has spoken

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

so 2.4 is out now right?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

TTerrible posted:

On one hand I wish I was in the green section on Discord because I am a nosy piece of poo poo even though i have little of value to contribute other than the occasional photoshop post, but on the other hand I love surprises and getting new updates in the thread so this is good too

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

prediction : 2.4 will not be publicly released for another 2 years

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Discord rocks, but gently caress discord.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

cocaine dad show posted:

On one hand I wish I was in the green section on Discord because I am a nosy piece of poo poo even though i have little of value to contribute other than the occasional photoshop post, but on the other hand I love surprises and getting new updates in the thread so this is good too

Greens channel is 90% talking poo poo that should be in the blue channel, 5% Derek telling us to shut the gently caress up and move to the other channel and 5% actual seekrit stuff. :v:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Greens channel is 90% talking poo poo that should be in the blue channel, 5% Derek telling us to shut the gently caress up and move to the other channel and 5% actual seekrit stuff. :v:

That sounds a lot like how politics actually work in my country.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
http://starmon.shin0by.com/structure/html/pathnotes/pts/fe5a5fbe353f4356963024209fae0dc215330.html

Reduced the amount of time the Port Olisar locker will lock character in place while changing clothes.

My immersion animations :cry:

Fixed an issue where Star Marine as active in game.

It's already there! :argh:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

The mental image this just conjured made me throw up a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dPLEhJwXs

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

TTerrible posted:

http://starmon.shin0by.com/structure/html/pathnotes/pts/fe5a5fbe353f4356963024209fae0dc215330.html

Reduced the amount of time the Port Olisar locker will lock character in place while changing clothes.

My immersion animations :cry:

Fixed an issue where Star Marine as active in game.

It's already there! :argh:

love how there's a section called STAR SYSTEMS and the changes in there are all like 'made a gun texture nicer', none of them are about star systems

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TTerrible posted:

:same:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Happy Sisyphus posted:

prediction : 2.4 will not be publicly released for another 2 years

My guess will be it will come out soon but....2.5 will be the one we where all waiting for.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

now you can die in an airlock lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

And/or the Drake Buccaneer sale I suspect.

Meanwhile the 2.4 NDA PTU seems to still have the broken servers with false instancing caps and code 7s. Will they patch it successfully before the weekend? Stay tuned.

I do not think CIG will dare to launch the Buccaneer sale before fixing 2.4. Unless 2.4 is an actual game changer literally it is going to become even harder to rationalize and push one ship sale a month.

They can't push the sale later than the 27th, they need a sale this month, first 18 days of May $707,430

Total in May 2015: $2,815,387

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It's not easy being green

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The thread has slowed mainly because CIG has done fuckall of note recently.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

AP posted:

They can't push the sale later than the 27th, they need a sale this month, first 18 days of May $707,430

Don't they get a bonus and or holiday payments that has to be deducted from the total income?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

cocaine dad show posted:

now you can die in an airlock lol

Can't wait to see how over-the-top the death animation will be.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

AP posted:

I'm even amazed by this, not wondering the 2M
They must be made up somehow. How's even possible that so many people spend around 50$ on a game which they cannot play yet?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tortolia posted:

The thread has slowed mainly because CIG has done fuckall of note recently.

I think we've figured out their grand strategy to defeat the toxic dinks - do even less.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AP posted:

Not sure about the exact date, but they needed it within the month for sure, indeed. I guess I was giving them some credit for thinking they may be able to fix 2.4 within the month aswell. Plan B would be they dont give a crap and release the sale irrespective of 2.4 state.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 19, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I imagine the only space suit checks will be at the airlocks so hopefully you can glitch out the wank closet in your tighty whiteys and steal ships that way.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Wafflz posted:

I imagine the only space suit checks will be at the airlocks so hopefully you can glitch out the wank closet in your tighty whiteys and steal ships that way.

I am living in hope of this. PGabz don't fail me now.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Hey guys look at all these idiots making big plans and creating imaginary guilds around a game that doesn't exist.

*sets up a guild teamspeak to make fun of them*

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Naval Action got a big update today. Most important of all BIRDS HAVE BEEN ADDED.

Wrap it up Crobbler, you're a snake-oil salesman with an ego problem.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can't wait to see how over-the-top the death animation will be.

<<<USE>>> to suffocate

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

SharkTattoos posted:

Hey guys look at all these idiots making big plans and creating imaginary guilds around a game that doesn't exist.

*sets up a guild teamspeak to make fun of them*

Look at all these idiots posting on a forum about imaginary guilds for a game that doesn't exist.

*posts in an almost 4k page thread on a forum to make fun of them*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

orcinus posted:

<<<USE>>> to suffocate

kill jester

• Locked thread