Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Probably because it's a Japanese auto action car rated 3/C and the $8500 cost was just for the car, add $3K for shipping from Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

KakerMix posted:

So goddamned bad

edit

lmao the little tiny fin on the rear end of the thing

It's supposed to be a shoebox Ford. Those fins are the tail lights. :ughh:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

It's supposed to be a shoebox Ford. Those fins are the tail lights. :ughh:

Yeah? And it looks hilarious because the canopy and glass does not match the flow so to go through all the effort to match the rest of the superficial details just highlights how wrong it looks.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
It really is just the dumbest thing. It's an actual kit that I've seen and I have no loving idea why they chose MN12s for the base. Not that it's a bad car, mind you. I had one and I loved it. But to try to make the middle third of that car work with the front and back thirds of post-war sedans? What the gently caress?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

fyodor posted:

You can get a real, sorted Avanti for a fraction of that.

But it IS a real Avanti. :barf:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Octopus Magic posted:

But it IS a real Avanti. :barf:

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE :barf:

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Why has no one mentioned the Studemino?

The former co-owner of the shop I worked at just had to do one of these for some loving reason. Purple exterior. Trade work-for-work with a friend that does upholstery got him a pleather purple and white interior that looked like something a drug dealer would own, complete with purple dingleberries around the windshield. Had to put a custom radiator in it too because the nose is so drat pinched inside.

Joe Mama fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 19, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I want it, but I'm sad an El Camino had to die for it.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Driving on the highway with something in the bed is fun. Especially when it's windy. It's shaped like a boat for fucks sake. He tried to sell it a Good Guys multiple times. I guess no one wanted to spend the $12k he was asking.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I want it, but I'm sad an El Camino had to die for it.

Nah, looks like one of the G-body ones, not a desirable year.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I have never wanted a Cavalier...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5573890377.html

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

It's still a Cavalier.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

"No foreign crap"... Somebody please reply and offer him a Dodge Aries. Or PT Cruiser.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Nah, looks like one of the G-body ones, not a desirable year.

All El Caminos are beautiful.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
That digital instrument cluster :swoon:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You could name it "wheelhop induced scuttle shake" and stand around at car meets talking about how it runs 9s.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

scuz posted:

That digital instrument cluster :swoon:

Chippewa Falls is so close to us too...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Thoughts of this Cavalier pursue me throughout my waking hours.

http://whatmonstersdo.com/blogs/wmd/18186263-car-feature-joshs-1991-turbo-cavalier-rs-wagon

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

Chippewa Falls is so close to us too...
I spent all my money on roller skates and tacos :confuoot: Lemme know if you need a ride out to look at it!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...gationFlag=true

A lot of money sunk into a volvo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I remember wanting that the last time it was up for sale. It's totally gorgeous, probably actually worth the money although I could fart together a 240 + 5.0 for much less.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://bringatrailer.com/2016/05/19/rare-pair-1990-volkswagen-corrado-shooting-brakes-by-magnum/

:aaaaa:

Looks worse than the original but I'm getting a little Volvo 480 from it.

blk fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 20, 2016

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That cavalier looks like it's trying to be an e30 so hard

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

rscott posted:

That cavalier looks like it's trying to be a GNX so hard

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Geirskogul posted:

That cavalier looks like it's trying to be a GNX so hard

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Yeah this is more right

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Sigma X posted:

Probably because it's a Japanese auto action car rated 3/C

3/C? Wouldn't touch that with a lovely barge pole. That is the Japanese way of politely saying it is a poo poo heap.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

I love it when people describe and list how much all the useless stuff they've put on the car cost them as a way to prove what the car is worth. Who cares? If you do custom poo poo like that, you should expect it to be lost money, better to save the original parts, put them back on, and take what custom parts you can off it and sell those parts. I pretty much never see custom cars sell here, either they have some kind of fantasy land price, or they are so cheap that no one wants them anyway because they are poo poo.

I do however love it when people list recent maintenance done to the car in the ad.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

There's a fairly clean looking Honda CRX that popped up on the side of the road on my way to work that is for sale for $3500. Is it worth it to anyone for me to snap a few pics and put them up here?

Coredump fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 21, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Coredump posted:

There's a faily clean looking Honda CRX that popped up on the side of the road on my way to work that is for sale for $3500. Is it worth it to anyone for me to snap a few pics and put them up here?

yes please.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I had to look up "prancing moose" and it did not disappoint.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Here are pics of that CRX. Other than the busted fender car looked pretty clean. Guy let me crank it up and it idled smooth if a little high in the rpms. Said it was his son-in-law's car and english was not his first language so he couldn't tell me a whole lot. Car is located on Hwy 20 between Azalea Dr and Russell Rd in near Lawrenceville for any Georgia goons.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Buy that fucker! Seriously! If it's really an si like the windshield says, that's a real keeper!

scuz fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 21, 2016

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Coredump posted:

Here are pics of that CRX. Other than the busted fender car looked pretty clean. Guy let me crank it up and it idled smooth if a little high in the rpms. Said it was his son-in-law's car and english was not his first language so he couldn't tell me a whole lot. Car is located on Hwy 20 between Azalea Dr and Russell Rd in near Lawrenceville for any Georgia goons.

scuz posted:

Buy that fucker! Seriously! If it's really an si like the windshield says, that's a real keeper!

Yeah absolutely is a screaming deal if it's an Si. Otherwise you'd have to pony up
http://japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1987-honda-ef7-crx-si/

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I don't have the room or the cash, so if one of you guys have the opportunity go for it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
goddamn. that one might be drive to GA worthy

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I thought about posting the pics to ImportAtlanta to get the guy more exposure. He seems pretty nice. But then I realized if I do he'll probably get ripped off as someone would be likely to come around and just take it off the side of the road. :smith: Car has been there for a week now.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 21, 2016

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I don't know if he means armored or reliable or like 50 cent or what.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5599545683.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
1800 classic ranchero:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5598047345.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Coredump posted:

This is a first gen CRX with 2nd gen headlights. If this hasn't gone already someone needs to buy it immediately and save it from being modded.

KakerMix posted:

Yeah absolutely is a screaming deal if it's an Si. Otherwise you'd have to pony up
http://japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1987-honda-ef7-crx-si/

This is a second gen, so the red one is actually worth a buttload more... $3k is a loving bargain.