Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ideate
Aug 20, 2002

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Cute. But as I stated on my twitter we took it down to retool some things. Nice try though.

I usually use the 'account suspended' message when I'm doing a defrag or whatever too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

if you can't laugh at yourself what hope is there? Besides, even if its down (will be back up next week) its nice to see people are still going there. Even if to laugh. That's a win in my book.

nah we were talking poo poo about you in discord and i wanted an example of your writing

edit-
i want to make it clear that i wanted an example of your writing to make fun of you
cause we were making fun of you
everyone is making fun of you

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Raskolnikov posted:

Is this where I tell you to suck my oval office? I've been waiting for the best time to deploy this sick burn.

This is an appropriate time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Thoatse posted:

Sadly a lot, especially if it happens after some dedicated blameshift management first.

Yeah that's how I feel, there would be tons of reddit posts like "Well I didn't get SC but I just bought a completionist package for Space Denizen! Take that dork fart and goons!"

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I actually hold -10 ill will points towards you B_of_infoRedux, but I did want to try out being a goon bully (tm).

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I still find it funny they are late releasing a recording of a show on youtube EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Shows commitment to quality.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Danknificent posted:

Derek just predicted no SQ42 this year on Twitter. I know this has been predicted before.

But given that it's episodes now, which don't have to be very long, and it's supposedly mostly cutscenes anyway - why the holdup if we're just talking Episode 1? SC is unmakeable, but SQ42 isn't really that ambitious - just some flying shooting and fps stuff, right? What's taking so long, real talk?

I'm going to predict the slightly outlandish thing and say... hmmm, they need to rework the mocapping in a bunch of areas but either can't get Oldman back on board or can't afford him.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Turd Burglar posted:

nah we were talking poo poo about you in discord and i wanted an example of your writing

Hey its just nice to hear I'm being thought of. And laugh, poke fun, make pics etc. All good. If I didn't expect that, I wouldn't be here.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 19, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

<< ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES >>

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Hey its just nice to hear I'm being thought of.

Turd Burglar posted:

edit-
i want to make it clear that i wanted an example of your writing to make fun of you
cause we were making fun of you
everyone is making fun of you

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

Knowing CIG they would probably screw it up on the first day and lose there wallet dat or whatever it is.

They'd accidentally copy their wallet into the latest patch.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
AtV up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzAmjYncQk

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wow, 2 minutes from my post saying words about it, to live, a new record.

Thanks intern reading this thread.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
You big bullies! :argh:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I just noticed this quote in the Squadron 42 Behind The Scenes promo...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 19, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Danknificent posted:

Derek just predicted no SQ42 this year on Twitter. I know this has been predicted before.

But given that it's episodes now, which don't have to be very long, and it's supposedly mostly cutscenes anyway - why the holdup if we're just talking Episode 1? SC is unmakeable, but SQ42 isn't really that ambitious - just some flying shooting and fps stuff, right? What's taking so long, real talk?

If Gary Oldman has bailed they may be forced to reshoot or whatever. And that's aside from any technical issues they may be having. Staff vacancies must be hurting if they're making pleas on videos for people to apply. Desperate times.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I see these people, their hair, their beards, their various hats indoors, and I feel grief.

:smith:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

ideate posted:

I usually use the 'account suspended' message when I'm doing a defrag or whatever too

Poop

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 19, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

if you can't laugh at yourself what hope is there? Besides, even if its down (will be back up next week) its nice to see people are still going there. Even if to laugh. That's a win in my book.

nice meltdown

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

his nibs posted:

nice meltdown

I like to think I'm nailing it.

Though I guess I could throw a bit more use of oval office around.

Just glad to be back.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Also the Walmart money card issues have cause a bit of a problem. But that's another story.

you should think about getting a regular credit card, they can be used places besides walmart

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Achamp posted:

Perfect, but maybe go with "Crop DeveloperDevourer Ben Lesnick"

FTFY.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

ideate posted:

you should think about getting a regular credit card, they can be used places besides walmart

Like Kmart or even a high class place like Sears? What about JC Penny? I've always dreamed of being able to shop at a JC Penny.

Do tell more oh wise internet sage.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

G0RF posted:

yup, totally holding that knife. wrap it up guys. we got the knife holding down.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

grstabby hands

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I'm the lights reflecting off Sandi's fourhead

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Turd Burglar posted:

yup, totally holding that knife. wrap it up guys. we got the knife holding down.

Maybe he's “holding” it for “a friend” who definitely did not try to stab him in the back, but missed through sheer incompetence.

I mean, we're talking about citizens and CIG here — it's definitely a turn of events and relationship that should resonate as true to them.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Just glad to be back.

you're the only one tho

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Whew what a day!
I did a load of updates on a decent clients website, so of course I followed the usual protocol by putting up a holding page with 'This account has been suspended' on it, just so people knew we were carrying out routine updates.
I also put a note (just for myself) to remind me to contact the hosting provider for more information.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It is totally standard procedure

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

G0RF posted:

Is that an asp explorer in the background?

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Like Kmart or even a high class place like Sears? What about JC Penny? I've always dreamed of being able to shop at a JC Penny.

Do tell more oh wise internet sage.

I mean from a bank, you'll still be able to buy stuff from walmart or anywhere else. I would suggest starting with a check card maybe. That's similar to a credit card but the money comes from a checking account.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

Whew what a day!
I did a load of updates on a decent clients website, so of course I followed the usual protocol by putting up a holding page with 'This account has been suspended' on it, just so people knew we were carrying out routine updates.
I also put a note (just for myself) to remind me to contact the hosting provider for more information.

good to have you back, commando o9

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

ideate posted:

I mean from a bank, you'll still be able to buy stuff from walmart or anywhere else. I would suggest starting with a check card maybe. That's similar to a credit card but the money comes from a checking account.

dude can't even write an article at a 10th grade level and you expect him to manage his finances properly? lmao

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

ideate posted:

Money cards a pre paid debit we use for online stuff and the like. Not a Walmart specific card. Though they do have a credit card or something (I believe). But thanks for the info.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jason Sextro posted:

good to have you back, commando o9

o9

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

In the distance I heard an air raid siren and figured I should check the thread. Hey Brandon, struggling with the lurking thing, huh?

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Whew what a day!

Yeah I hate it when google.com is unavailable when they're uploading their doodles

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know where you guys are from but around here you can get free checking accounts. No fees or anything on them. They even send you something called a debit card in the mail after a week or 2. Doesn't matter if you have 12 dollars in there or 12000 dollars, it'll still work.

ATM fees are assholes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Whew what a day!

I'm not gonna ask you if you're in the ewoks thing because you couldn't tell us if you were

• Locked thread