Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I'm going to vote for Trump, seriously, because he seems like the most Wild Cards candidate.

yeah

i really wish that i could vote for him, he has the biggest meme potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

boom boom boom posted:

It's going to be winter soon.

#notallhemispheres

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Super Ninja Fish posted:

So how do you guys feel about the new Ghostbusters?

Looks funny Ima see it first day.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Tom Brady is the best quarterback in NFL History.

**Stares at a football until the PSI is low enough**

**Yoda shakes his head**

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Tom Brady is the best quarterback in NFL History.

but this is objectively true.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Anakin could pilot podracers, which humans aren't supposed to be capable of. Luke could fly a starfighter with zero training (that's like going from your farm's little cropduster to a Strike Eagle). It's the Force, man.

I assume luke got some crash course on piloting, and as a child I sort of assumed they weren't _that_ different. I mean he used to bullsize swamp rats back home and all that in his t-66. Also I thought all the rebel poo poo was basically crop dusters that they strapped lasers and missles to...

And I figured Anakin's hyper force jazzed up poo poo let him use sweet Chi/Force power in place of super fast reaction time. Again, this made sense to me.

But that a super stingy / total dick / wage-lord on what seems to be a slave planet wouldn't even lock the door on this spaceship - I was like..uh... cmon now. And it wasn't that she could fly that thing, it was like she knew where every control was - I would have appreciated a bit of "well this looks different, but gently caress it, lets see what this does". I sort of pictured like a couple young hoppers stealing a tank or something. takes you a few to get the basics right, but after that you can at least gun it in one direction. I don't know, maybe that ( along with her force powers ) will be explained away ( trained with luke / mind was wiped ) poo poo... but even then, I could have at LEAST appreciated her being a bit surprised at her own abilities in there somewhere.

Finn should have gotten his poo poo pushed in, and uh Poe? whatever the gently caress his name was, was a useless 1 dimensional character. I didn't mind the plot recycling, and I love Adam from girls - he is extra awesome and I picture him having some freaking loving force fueled rough sex back in his chamber. My panties are wet just thinking about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nobody cares. it was a good and fun movie.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Who wins in a fight? Brienne or Phasma?

Oh and which would Tormund rather bang? I imagine blowing a load on that shiny helmet would be fun.

Wangsucker 69 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 20, 2016

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah

i really wish that i could vote for him, he has the biggest meme potential

I'm really scared that he is an actual candidate and that he is just a few percentage points behind Clinton v2.0. And that basically the suburbs of Philadelphia get to determine our next president.

I've been getting pro trump email forwarded to me by family members. I poo poo you not I was honest to god depressed about it yesterday. Please make him go away. Please god.

I remember when Bush 2 was elected prez, and he would say the stupidest poo poo ever. And the media would laugh, and everyone would laugh. His first address to congress he was like "Ha, wouldn't this be easier if it were a dictatorship! ha hha!" and no one laughed and we cringed. But then 9-11 and Can't Change Horse Mid Race, Patriot Act and jesus christ IRAQ - I still can't believe that IRAQ happened. And they are interviewing soldiers who are like "We are here because of 9-11!" and the press is all dressed up in their little war suits, sucking presidential cock because they know their careers will be made or broken on their little "ride alongs" in iraq. Suddenly his poo poo wasn't funny, it was just scary.

With that said I will probably vote for him because it doesn't matter, and if we all get lined up against the wall in 3 years, I want to be able to show I'm loyal to the Donald. Also to gently caress over the republicans. Those stupid shits got played so hard.

/realtalk

back to your regular programmed rapine

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Brienne would win because she seems to have a perk now where, at the start of every battle, she gets one free attack on an opponent while they say "WTF is that a woman!?"

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Brienne would win because she seems to have a perk now where, at the start of every battle, she gets one free attack on an opponent while they say "WTF is that a woman!?"

Dude have you ever been in a fight with a woman? I've been in like a million and my first thought is always "is another goddamn woman punching me???"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Mmmmmm, I can beat my wife in wrestling/BJJ but she beats me standing when we mess around with boxing gear. She hits harder than she thinks. I hit her with an overhand that made her not want to play anymore once. That's as good as I ever did.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Mmmmmm, I can beat my wife in wrestling/BJJ but she beats me standing when we mess around with boxing gear. She hits harder than she thinks. I hit her with an overhand that made her not want to play anymore once. That's as good as I ever did.

Did you just say you're better than your wife at giving BJs?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

Did you just say you're better than your wife at giving BJs?

I can vouch for that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hogge Wild posted:

I can vouch for that.

Same. :mediocre:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:mad:

my watch has ended!

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

has he finished yet

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

blackshreds posted:

Who wins in a fight? Brienne or Phasma?

Oh and which would Tormund rather bang? I imagine blowing a load on that shiny helmet would be fun.

Brienne actually accomplishes stuff while Phasma is either a deep cover Resistance spy (hence her numerous fuckups) or she's Bobba Fett 2.0 and will eventually get a retconned past that shows she's totally a badass, no really!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

kcroy posted:

I mean he used to bullsize swamp rats back home and all that in his t-66.

Phone corrections are weird. I just wanted everyone to appreciate this one, though.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I'm going to vote for Trump, seriously, because he seems like the most Wild Cards candidate.

Make Westeros Great Again

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Solice Kirsk posted:

We're still not gonna get Cleganebowl so this season is going to be a terrible disappointment all around.

Not gonna be happy until the Hound punks his zombie bastard brother, and Jaime kills Cersei.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cavelcade posted:

This episode was very good, even the king's landing stuff. I hope they don't actually kill all the poor, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Make Westeros Great Again

Make GRRM Write Again

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Make GRRM Write Again

I will not fall for your populist agenda, which will only produce more Wild Cards novellas!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krinkle posted:

Phone corrections are weird. I just wanted everyone to appreciate this one, though.

can't blame the phone . I had to re-read that a few times to realize that I wrote "bull size" instead of "bulls eye".

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Bull-sized swamp rats? I don't think they exist.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Ser Gregor and the Hound.

Get hype.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Fargo Fukes posted:

Bull-sized swamp rats? I don't think they exist.

Yeah they are 2 meters tall or so which is a pretty small bull!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Make GRRM Write Again

Write Power

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

More like Write Slower.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Shoehead posted:

Write Power

We must secure the existence of our prose and a future to Write Chapters.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
What if Rey is a secret targ?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Tahirovic posted:

What if Rey is a secret targ?

Light sabers can melt steal beams, but does that necessarily mean they aren't fire and she's not immune?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I think we should separate into team cults. The Cult of Ice that schemes to get GRRM to get worse healthwise so the series is either dead or picked up by another writer, and the Cult of Fire who schemes to deprive him of primetime TV and going to conventions so he finishes TWOW.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
But is Lamprey pie a sandwich?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kcroy posted:

can't blame the phone . I had to re-read that a few times to realize that I wrote "bull size" instead of "bulls eye".

I thought you did it on purpose to trigger Star Wars super fans.

Bullsize seemed like a plausible phone correct but T-66 just seemed like trolling. And I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even know it was actually T-16.

latinotwink1997 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 20, 2016

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I don't think Tatooine had bulls. The expression should've been, "I used to Banthas-eye, womprats back home."
:goonsay:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

TK-42-1 posted:

We must secure the existence of our prose and a future to Write Chapters.

We must split the books, we require Schreibensraum

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MrSlam posted:

I don't think Tatooine had bulls. The expression should've been, "I used to Banthas-eye, womprats back home."
:goonsay:

i bet the original draft was this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I Own Soulz posted:

I thought you did it on purpose to trigger Star Wars super fans.

Bullsize seemed like a plausible phone correct but T-66 just seemed like trolling. And I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even know it was actually T-16.

No, but thanks for the tip, always looking out for new ways to subtly antagonize people. I didn't know it was T-16. FWIW I saw the first part of star wars over and over again like maybe 50+ times since they played it at day care when your parents didn't come to pick you up on time. So I got about 30 minutes into every day for years. But I've only seen the whole movie a handful of times. Under 10 probably.

I lived with a guy who was REALLLLLY into the books and talked about poo poo constantly, but yeah. I wouldn't know a T-16 from a IG-88. And I only know about that dude because of the MC Chris Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-KyLQujQA