Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

PCOS Bill posted:

Hey Sicilian let's go on a 400 mile day trip

Oh I guess we'll have to take my hatchback

400 mile day trip? :monocle: https://jetsmarter.com :monocle:

In all reality, I'm down for the road trip, does your hatchback have a sweet cassette with Aux in? Or some lovely cd player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

Hey Sicilian let's go on a 400 mile day trip

Oh I guess we'll have to take my hatchback

https://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

The progress they have already made is impressive, and there should be no shame in a purchase as smart as a Tesla.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Sicilian posted:

400 mile day trip? :monocle: https://jetsmarter.com :monocle:

In all reality, I'm down for the road trip, does your hatchback have a sweet cassette with Aux in? Or some lovely cd player?

No see I am making fun of your car that can't go very far without stopping to charge

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

PCOS Bill posted:

No see I am making fun of your car that can't go very far without stopping to charge

drat son, your car gets 400 miles to the tank?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Electric cars are still silly but those glasses are worth whatever dude paid for them. Well, they would be if they had rated ballistic lenses.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

Don't a lot of cars do this?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How long does a full charge take from like %50?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

How long does a full charge take from like %50?

The super chargers do 0-80% in 45 mins, then another hour for the final 20% (lithium battery fast chargers ramp down the power as you reach capacity, same as usb3/Qualcomm phone chargers)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

But do these places with them exist outside the dealerships and homes?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

But do these places with them exist outside the dealerships and homes?

http://supercharge.info/

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OSU_Matthew posted:

All highway I can squeak out like 410 if I don't speed a ton, easily. I never let it dip below half a tank though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Good thinking. You never know when Obama will take our gas.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RCarr posted:

Good thinking. You never know when Obama will take our gas.

Or there might be an accident on the highway causing everyone to have to sit and wait hours for it to clear, or there may be an emergency that I have to get somewhere and there's no time to stop for gas on the way or...

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Sicilian posted:

Tesla Model S 70D

Porsche Design sunglasses milled out of solid titanium in Japan with Carl Zeiss Lenses to replace a favorite pair of Ray Bans lost traveling for work.

Woot Fatigue alt spotted

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 22:23 on May 20, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Post Your Favorite (or Request) › PYF Recent Purchases: Please, don't shop-shame, unless you feel threatened by someone's wealth.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I shop shame everyone.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Sentient Data posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › PYF Recent Purchases: Please, don't shop-shame, unless you feel threatened by someone's wealth.

The forum is built on the premise that we are all basement-dwelling losers with no income, no dress style and no life outside of the internet. But then all that is dashed in this thread when you see, holy poo poo, some goons actually have tons of disposable income and are buying things to use outside of the house.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just completed the process on purchasing a house on Puget Sound, WA. 2.5 acres of flat wooded land and 3250+ sqft house. Came with a big ol generator and riding lawn mower. It's about a mile or so from the Seattle ferry.

I put about 3/4 down payment.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Sicilian posted:

Tesla Model S 70D

Porsche Design sunglasses milled out of solid titanium in Japan with Carl Zeiss Lenses to replace a favorite pair of Ray Bans lost traveling for work.

Nice car

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

LingcodKilla posted:

Just completed the process on purchasing a house on Puget Sound, WA. 2.5 acres of flat wooded land and 3250+ sqft house. Came with a big ol generator and riding lawn mower. It's about a mile or so from the Seattle ferry.

Congratulations!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Congrats on the house and the huge down payment. I assume you're doing a 15 year mortgage to top it off?

If I move from where I am now the NW is my #1 choice, even if there is a huge quake/tsunami due to gently caress it all up.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

OSU_Matthew posted:

Get a car that can do u both

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Totally TWISTED posted:

Congrats on the house and the huge down payment. I assume you're doing a 15 year mortgage to top it off?

If I move from where I am now the NW is my #1 choice, even if there is a huge quake/tsunami due to gently caress it all up.

Nah the mortgage is for tax purposes. We could have just payed full but some investments have a possibly greater return than the 3.5% we are paying right now. If we don't see a good return we can still just liquidate, pay it off and move on.

The NW is amazing and I prefer wet and overcast over blazing hot and dry.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

LingcodKilla posted:

Very nice.

You generally take the sticker off, at least I do.

Now for some Goon oriented content:

Routers work better when they look vaguely aggressive, as if they were derived from stealth jets and poo poo.

Moved to the west coast for work and realized I have been slumming it with the supplied modem/router combo for 2 years, no more.

The Sicilian has a new favorite as of 02:22 on May 21, 2016

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

All of these except for Dad Magazine were a case of "I shouldn't be allowed to have access to internet shopping when I'm sad".

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That Cremo will make you way less sad, to be fair.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Aramek posted:

That Cremo will make you way less sad, to be fair.

I love that poo poo. I picked it up on a total whim once and have never looked back.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Camping gear purchase

Retails normally for $100 > On sale for ~$73 > 15% off jet.com coupon > $25 in jet.com credit > $28 left in credit card cash back rewards = $8.89 total spent. Yay

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Great purchase. The cool thing is if/when you tip the thing and you watch the fire go around the neoprene sleeve but not catch on fire.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
In a desperate attempt to relive my teenage years, I bought a pair of these:

Apparently the quality of Dr. Martens has gone to poo poo over the years so I was going to buy a pair of Solovairs instead. In the end, however, I went with the "For Life" Dr. Martens because repair/replacement for life sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Also, I bought these:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

I love that poo poo. I picked it up on a total whim once and have never looked back.

Stuff looks fantastic, I just ordered me some.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

neongrey posted:

Stuff looks fantastic, I just ordered me some.

It's pretty awesome, and lasts forever. I bought a 6oz tube of the original red cap to try back in September, and I'm just about to run out so I'm ordering another.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I bought a ridiculous looking guitar:

Got it for an insane price, and was supposed to flip it for a quick buck, but I fell in love with how it played and sounded, and decided to keep it. It's, dare I say, better than a fender jaguar. One piece mahogany body, better sounding pickups, and twice as many of them, each with an individual kill switch, locking roller bridge, wider fretboard, and one of the best tremolo's i've encountered. If I was handy with paint, i'd refinish it a dark blue sparkle.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Holy balls, man, keep it orange. The orange is great.

Everyone is so classy with their purchases... I bought some nail polish. If you're looking for an insane holographic polish it's great. KB Shimmer on Amazon makes and sells an awesome line.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 09:01 on May 21, 2016

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

All of these except for Dad Magazine were a case of "I shouldn't be allowed to have access to internet shopping when I'm sad".

I'm sorry you're a sad dad

If I was your kid I'd appreciate your skin care products

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Vastarien posted:

In a desperate attempt to relive my teenage years, I bought a pair of these:

Apparently the quality of Dr. Martens has gone to poo poo over the years

The biggest problem for me I find is that the soles wear down ridiculously quickly. I've got a pair of Pascal boots I've had for just over a year and the soles are at the point where I need to replace them. I wouldn't say I've worn them excessively, less than average in fact because I usually just throw a pair of slip-ons on instead.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I just started using Cremo, am I crazy or does it smell like fruit loops?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

ChocNitty posted:

I bought a ridiculous looking guitar:

Well that is just tasty.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Frankston posted:

The biggest problem for me I find is that the soles wear down ridiculously quickly. I've got a pair of Pascal boots I've had for just over a year and the soles are at the point where I need to replace them. I wouldn't say I've worn them excessively, less than average in fact because I usually just throw a pair of slip-ons on instead.

That's probably the main complaint that I've heard about the newer Dr. Martens. The For Life 1460s are supposed to have better leather and thicker soles. And when those eventually wear out (generally within two years of heavy wear, according to most), Dr. Martens will just replace the boots with new ones. The For Life offer sounds like such a good deal. I just hope it doesn't end up being a pain in the rear end to get Dr. Martens to honor their commitment. But people online seem to have had good experiences with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

so far it's cool