Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
The essence of Wesha

Edit: Yes, it's real.

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Let's use this image for cat snipes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

She may be reckless optimistic, but she sure can't spell.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

Holy poo poo I got bored today so I paged through this thread again for the first time in a while.

It's just full of MoMA arguing legal defense for the company he works for.

I don't think even Derek can be arsed to post here anymore.

Star Citizen has simply faded into pointlessness.

There's stuff that's just fine, but you have to zone out and blur your eyes as you pass MoMA. He is aggressively boring and dense.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Eonwe posted:

you do, and i have a cool sig..on byob

I really wish I had understood gang tags when I purchased my last avvie change. I would have a Smarties tag if I had.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Goobs posted:

Overwatch on Monday yeeeeeh

Warhammer Total War on Tuesday

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That rant was like mana from heaven

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

funny, I'd have thought it was the backers - the people who contributed the 114 million - that made this all possible.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

"Ben Lesnik, Developer was found dead yesterday clutching his Killrathi necklace in a dumpster behind an LA restaurant, that is said to be Chris Roberts favorite place to eat. After the end of the controversial crowd funding campaign of Star Citizen, Chris Roberts elegedly having scammed an estimated of at least 50 million dollars while all his employees have been shitlisted in the industry for life, it was downhill for the ex-community manager and Wing Commander curator Ben Lesnik, Developer. Disgruntled backers have been seen setting his car on fire multiple times, killing his wife's pet turtle and throwing poo poo at his house outside LA. After trying to start his own crowd funding campaign: -Save Star Citizen-, that failed spectacularly and receiving multiple death threats from backers of the original campaign he proceeded to write a book about his time at CIG which was received with equal hatred by the former backers."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/733924694152216576

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Did my part :patriot:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wow they can't even be assed to sell non artifacted jpegs

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

:five:

Star Citizen: Taking internal playthroughs to a whole new level.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 21, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Alan Smithee posted:

Wow they can't even be assed to sell non artifacted jpegs
They're preparing people for modular jpegs. Buy pixels and assemble your own dream.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBZVrC8d1A

Star Citizen: very impressive for what it is right now

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Would a spaceship in vacuous nothingness of space not just hover there aimlessly? Sounds like realism to me

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559tgF2--4g

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

G0RF posted:

This is our attempt at interfaith dialogue with a believer, probably the guy who left that message on Pgabz Youtube clip.

For those not on Discord, Frogbear is a bot.

gently caress discord except Frogbear

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I think Frogbear can make a better game than Crobberts
I would toss 50$ at it for showing me a jpeg

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

pfft...saw that before....GI JOE

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I can't wait to play Overwatch to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rT4Hux1ik

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Did everyone miss that she is shooting a new movie overseas "paid by backers [tm]"?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
(Wish me luck!)

paarp

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Risc1911 posted:

Did everyone miss that she is shooting a new movie overseas "paid by backers [tm]"?
No, we're just more amazed they actually released that photo of a naked clipping man.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

I'm having trouble picturing the mental gymnastics required to think the physics are impressive in any context. Even the world's biggest shitizen can't think that. :cmon:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Risc1911 posted:

The status is photoshopped too. The original only says, "2.4 internal play through".

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's probably BS but another million ticked.

onwards to 115.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

2.4 gave CIG a well deserved funding boost

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

NO way is there a movie overseas. It's loving Monaco Grand Prix week. Just a lame excuse.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Siva68 posted:

NO way is there a movie overseas. It's loving Monaco Grand Prix week. Just a lame excuse.

The backers will never know, who cares. :ssh:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

quote:

RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of your Pledge shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the relevant pledge items and/or the Game to you within eighteen (18) months after the estimated delivery date.

For the avoidance of doubt, following the Cancellation Period, in consideration of RSI’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game with the funds raised, you agree that any Pledge amounts applied against the Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not RSI is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items. In the unlikely event that RSI is not able to deliver the Game and/or the pledge items, RSI agrees to post an audited cost accounting on the Website to fully explain the use of the amounts paid for Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost. In consideration of the promises by RSI hereunder, you agree that, following the Cancellation Period, you shall irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any Pledge that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.

Extract from the current ToS.

Does this mean that all CIG needs to do is basically update the "estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website" to automatically enjoy another 18 months grace period attached to it afterwards?

What is the current common practice in cases where a user (for SC or other online services/products) decides not to accept an updated ToS? Does he or she get anything back at all?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4kc3vc/official_240h_feedback_thread/

5 hours old, 25 comments, 1.3 million backers.

hrmmm

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Going quiet on facebook probably means let's not post a picture of me on a giant loving yacht in Monaco this year. Ohhhh umm I have acting guys.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"Additionally, using an i7 3770K and dual GTX 780s, I can barely get above 10FPS in the latest builds. I have SLI enabled (exactly the same performance without), and have tried running at 1440p and 1080p - both at low and very high settings, and I can never break 13FPS."

Yep.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Do we have any idea on how many people have invested more than 1000$ in this mess?
Just wondering, but i'm sure we will have a drastic health care cost increase especially in the psicological sector whenever this bomb drops

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Lime Tonics posted:

"Additionally, using an i7 3770K and dual GTX 780s, I can barely get above 10FPS in the latest builds. I have SLI enabled (exactly the same performance without), and have tried running at 1440p and 1080p - both at low and very high settings, and I can never break 13FPS."

Yep.

This sort of thing is why I never understood why PC 'journalists' and tech experts use Crytek engines as a benchmark for testing new video cards, when the engine itself is so lovely. Of course Star Citizen adds another layer of poo poo frosting but still, it's already a poo poo cake.

Why don't those benchmarking sites use Unreal or something instead, always annoyed me.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Risc1911 posted:

Siva68 posted:

Going quiet on facebook probably means let's not post a picture of me on a giant loving yacht in Monaco this year. Ohhhh umm I have acting guys.

(That screenshot was "enhanced" :ssh:)

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

AP posted:

I like how at 58 seconds the cabin from the wreckage is casting a shadow of an entirely different ship.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Turmoil posted:

I like how at 58 seconds the cabin from the wreckage is casting a shadow of an entirely different ship.

I think that's the 350r you can see in the bottom right at 0:26ish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Daztek posted:

I think that's the 350r you can see in the bottom right at 0:26ish

It is. You can see it better in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCdbod9xR8

• Locked thread