Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The issue before last he was shown captured by some sort of aliens. Shame on anyone not reading Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

twistedmentat posted:

Wilson said that Carol was only going to be in A-force on a guest starring role, not in every issue, but it seems like that's not happening. I'd say drop Carol for a bit and put in Jess or Storm or Rogue or some other top tier lady hero for a bit.

I do like how the book exists because Wilson said she wanted to see characters that don't hang out often to come together. Captain Marvel never would hang out with Dazzler or Nico otherwise, so she put them together.

Why would Marvel put a mutant in charge of a non-Xman book? It doesn't go with their current stance of burying them until they get the movie rights. It's a good policy too mutants are big jerks. :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure She-Hulk is in charge of A-force.

Is Odinson's appearance in Mighty Thor the source of the "Calm thine tits?" panel?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

The issue before last he was shown captured by some sort of aliens. Shame on anyone not reading Thor.

More importantly, he was shown to be like 6 feet away from that hammer Ultimate Thor left on the moon at the end of the Thors SW mini.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm pretty sure She-Hulk is in charge of A-force.

Is Odinson's appearance in Mighty Thor the source of the "Calm thine tits?" panel?

The source of that panel is photoshop.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Trast posted:

Why would Marvel put a mutant in charge of a non-Xman book? It doesn't go with their current stance of burying them until they get the movie rights. It's a good policy too mutants are big jerks. :colbert:

People say this all the time but there's not really any evidence that they are shying away from mutants in the way they are for the Fantastic Four. There's 3 team X-books and two Wolverine books despite Logan being dead, plus Uncanny Avengers, '92, everything Deadpool is in, etc. There's mutants all over the drat place. Making Squirrel Girl not a mutant was more a Ryan North joke than anything and the Maximoffs have had like twelve backstories anyway.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Caper posted:

I just have a quick question: Where is Thor? As in, the Odinson one? Do we know where he is? I haven't seen him in anything since the relaunch (or I guess since he was defeated by the Beyonders). Has he been seen since then?

In Mighty Thor

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

People say this all the time but there's not really any evidence that they are shying away from mutants in the way they are for the Fantastic Four. There's 3 team X-books and two Wolverine books despite Logan being dead, plus Uncanny Avengers, '92, everything Deadpool is in, etc. There's mutants all over the drat place. Making Squirrel Girl not a mutant was more a Ryan North joke than anything and the Maximoffs have had like twelve backstories anyway.

Not to mention they're about to do a crossoever event that's featured around Apocalypse. They could have done an event about anything else, or no event at all for the X-Men.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Marvel loves those rumors because they love stoking that fire. Remember last year when they promoted the Death of Deadpool and everyone was like "See? He has a movie now and they're killing him off!" and then it turns out his death was just the end of the world before Secret Wars and then he came back a member of the Avengers, the most popular hero in universe, and in four ongoings including the gender swapped spinoff.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

IUG posted:

Not to mention they're about to do a crossoever event that's featured around Apocalypse. They could have done an event about anything else, or no event at all for the X-Men.

I mean, sort of. Apocalypse Wars is just a branding for "all the X-books will do some vaguely Apocalypse-related stuff that doesn't actually cross over between books". It's an event in the way Fall of the Mutants is an event.

They're also teasing some event called Death of X later this year, which paranoid fans are interpreting as the death of everything X-related, or that the Terrigen Mists will finally kill off every mutant and kill a quarter of their line to spite Fox instead of profiting off their popularity somehow.

They may have once thought they could get away with that and just sub in Inhumans, but it turns out no one gives a poo poo about Inhumans either in the comics or on TV.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Inhumans comics are way better than the X-Men comics. And way better than a lot of the comics Marvel is putting out right now.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

X-O posted:

The Inhumans comics are way better than the X-Men comics. And way better than a lot of the comics Marvel is putting out right now.

That maybe so, but the X-books sell way better anyway. I didn't say no one is making good Inhumans comics, I said no one cares.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
As they shouldn't.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm not saying that Marvel is completely freezing out the mutants. They still have a following and make money. But they haven't got a big reason to push mutants over the Avengers or even Spider-Man who they at least have the merch rights to and a deal to share the movies.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
I find it weird how marvel is handling x-men right now, the last cycle with bendis made more sense. It's own little universe interconnected and helmed by a big name writer. But right now it's not really promoted as a big universe it's promoted as just like "Hey you like x-men? we are still doing that"

One thing that people like about x-men is it's interconnected melodrama thing. I am amazed that there has been no 52 or batman eternal weekly x-men comic. Yes it's an editing nightmare but that would revitalize the comics line, x-men comic sales aren't growing they are shrinking but most non comic reader friends claim to *love* x-men

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Don't know about you guys but my current favourite mutants are Laura, Roberto and Goldballs because none of them give a gently caress about this dumb terrigen mists nonsense that's seen the X-Men cry off to Limbo hiding like scared babies.

Also, today I was reminded about OG Nimrod's final days before he got fused to Master Mold and booted through the reboot portal, and got sad because the idea of a time-travelling super Sentinel going beyond his programming, getting a job on a construction site and spending his spare time as a funky looking pink sarcophagus murdertron going all Punisher on crooks and giving their money to kids' charities is kinda cool and should have been explored further.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JoshTheStampede posted:

That maybe so, but the X-books sell way better anyway. I didn't say no one is making good Inhumans comics, I said no one cares.

Because eople have been buying X-Men comics every month for decades. It's a hard habit to break.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The mutants should just go visit Wanda and be like "hey I know you aren't a mutant anymore but remember when you genocided us? Yeah, wish away these loving mists as payback, thanks."

Rhyno posted:

Because eople have been buying X-Men comics every month for decades. It's a hard habit to break.

Agreed, I mean I do it too, but regardless of the reason Marvel has no business reason to downplay mutants. People get it in their heads that they're going to do stuff just as a gently caress you to Sony/Fox or that they'd rather make no money off something than make some and have someone else profit too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Agreed, I mean I do it too, but regardless of the reason Marvel has no business reason to downplay mutants. People get it in their heads that they're going to do stuff just as a gently caress you to Sony/Fox or that they'd rather make no money off something than make some and have someone else profit too.

There's overwhelming evidence that every major business is exactly this petty and averse to making money if it means they share it. Go read those Sony email leaks and tell me again how people in charge at Disney/Marvel couldn't possibly take the childish option that makes them less money.

The people who control giant money-making IPs are, on average, no more qualified to do so than the idiots who argue about it on the internet.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Trast posted:

Why would Marvel put a mutant in charge of a non-Xman book?

Sunspot's in charge of the new avengers and just disbanded them to start up the secret avengers, but that's more an indication of how much Sunspot rules that he's able to overcome being a mutant to be genuinely good outside his book.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Trast posted:

First off, She-Hulk is A-Force's leader. Carol never has been. Carol was never teased as being it. So you obviously don't even read the comic you want to complain of.

Second part, Dazzler is literally right there on the team, and is a mutant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait is Goldballs still around?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Wait is Goldballs still around?

He just joined the cast of Spider-man (Miles).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

He just joined the cast of Spider-man (Miles).

He's a legend!

KittyEmpress posted:

First off, She-Hulk is A-Force's leader. Carol never has been. Carol was never teased as being it. So you obviously don't even read the comic you want to complain of.

Second part, Dazzler is literally right there on the team, and is a mutant.

Yea, and GWW has been able to take angsy Dazzler and do something decent with her that doesn't dump that persona but made it decent.

And yes, A-force should be based around a rotating cast of the women that are the heaviest hitters in the Marvel Universe; mutants, inhumans, enhanced and regular people. Like Have Kitty and Black Widow join, or Sue and Crystal for a bit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sue and Kitty are busy elsewhere, out of town a ways.

EDIT - also, I'd take this whole "the X-Men are DYING Marvel is trying to bury them and kill them off with Terrigen" thing seriously if they didn't have six ongoings and mutant extinction hadn't been the ominous looming threat of every major X-Men story for the last several decades.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 21, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also if every major teamup didn't have at least one mutant (excepting ANAD Avengers, which has a fairly permanent core four at this point due to the movies, a Spider-Man, and their biggest breakout success solo book, and Nova's just well...there I guess), and a teamup that's almost entirely just mutants. And if deadpool didn't have like four solos and was currently one of the most beloved and financially successful characters in-continuity, who've they already Gwenned.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Mutants are going totally going extinct we swear! Is the bog standard X-men over arching story at this point. It's basically the only way they can enforce the "we are a minority" status when 8 out of 10 people with superpowers, you know the characters the stories center around is a mutant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toxxupation posted:

Also if every major teamup didn't have at least one mutant (excepting ANAD Avengers, which has a fairly permanent core four at this point due to the movies, a Spider-Man, and their biggest breakout success solo book, and Nova's just well...there I guess), and a teamup that's almost entirely just mutants. And if deadpool didn't have like four solos and was currently one of the most beloved and financially successful characters in-continuity, who've they already Gwenned.

Goldballs is totally joining them, thats why he's hanging out with Miles now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

He's a legend!

Bendis! Stop trying to make Goldballs happen! It's never going to happen!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I don't follow a lot of news sites and all that so forgive me if this is common knowledge but:

Are there plans for Red Skull? He keeps popping up at the end of every drat book, all these teases, and not a drat thing is happening. It's just dragging on and on and I feel like nothing is going to come of it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I like goldballs :shrug:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
No. They gave him Xavier's brain, that made him too powerful so now he's basically shelved.

It was a really stupid idea.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He's absolutely not on the shelf. They're obviously building to something with him in Uncanny Avengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And Cap (Steve) is fighting him and Zemo, I believe, in the next arc.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SirDan3k posted:

No. They gave him Xavier's brain, that made him too powerful so now he's basically shelved.

It was a really stupid idea.

A shelved character that showed up in the recent avengers crossover?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Duggan is definitely building up something with the Red Skull. So I'm sure we'll have that story sometime later this year or next.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fetch happened long ago. It's fetch that you think it didn't.

Goldballs is a great character, partially because of his uselessness.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Gaz-L posted:

And Cap (Steve) is fighting him and Zemo, I believe, in the next arc.

The FCBD Steve: Captain America #0 basically outright said Red Skull's going to be his first major villain.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SO why is carol gonna make tony stark register?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ramadu posted:

SO why is carol gonna make tony stark register?

Only as a sex offender.

• Locked thread