Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I must have missed my invite :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Revolver Anidav posted:

Are you really claiming a roleblocker? That would be a lot of roleblocking if you're town. I would assume the scum get at least one roleblock of their own in a role madness game.

Question from someone who hasn't played as a jailer before - if they got killed would their ability still work that night? I'm wondering if the block was from that source, not a second one. I don't know if the power works that way, though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

iajanus posted:

Question from someone who hasn't played as a jailer before - if they got killed would their ability still work that night? I'm wondering if the block was from that source, not a second one. I don't know if the power works that way, though.

Also, sorry for the awkward phrasing above. Just realised that could be interpreted as me claiming jailer - that's not my role, I'm just bad at phone typing with regard to reading what I just wrote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Most powers will work regardless of death, usually

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

Most powers will work regardless of death, usually

That was my thought, so I didn't think the was any proof that there was a second jailer. Just making sure.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

iajanus posted:

That was my thought, so I didn't think the was any proof that there was a second jailer. Just making sure.

I'm not a jailer but I'm putting forward me blocking Anidav as evidence I am what I say.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Which means that there's likely to be one replicator out there :ssh:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

Which means that there's likely to be one replicator out there :ssh:

A what now?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh poo poo the 3P ability of course. Cultists.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Oh poo poo the 3P ability of course. Cultists.

Yeah that's exactly it. Vig / NKs dont stop an action unless that person is also roleblocked, and given that, we know there's at least one replicator out there.

Thankfully, it means that there's not going to be anymore since we hit the recruiter, buuuuuut, they're not out of the game yet :shrug:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Truth Quark seems like a lazy vote reason and I've definitely seen
multiple RBs in games smaller than this

Protecting your scumbro taste I see, good on you mate

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
How come no one has claimed for killing Coq yet? It says the scum knew who he was, so they wouldn't waste a night kill on him.

The Mafia wiki says one way for mods to handle cults is to have all the cultists die along with their leader. But Coq's alignment still said scum, not replicator. So that can't explain the extra kill.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Unless Infinitum forgot, lol.

What if everyone said they were replicas, cause the real ones aren't allowed to

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Hello town, I am Replica Anidav. I have replaced Revolver Anidav with a perfect 3rd party replica. In my spare time I enjoy collecting old consoles and wristwatches, and drinking Kool-Aid.

It's too bad my leader died before she could replicate me an N-Gage.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
maybe he just died from embarrassment from being jonas quinn? :shrug: the flip didn't feature any deaths or random explosions.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm replicator tithin, my bawbag is made from adamantium

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Revolver Anidav posted:

Unless Infinitum forgot, lol.

What if everyone said they were replicas, cause the real ones aren't allowed to

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hunting cults that can no longer recruit sure is a great way to make it look like you're contributing when you aren't.

I don't like Revolvers play either yesterday or today, it seems like fake contributions but no actual scum hunting.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Truth Quark posted:

Hunting cults that can no longer recruit sure is a great way to make it look like you're contributing when you aren't.

I don't like Revolvers play either yesterday or today, it seems like fake contributions but no actual scum hunting.

This is good reasoning

at the same time, it's good logic that they've offered to catch out the sole remaining cultist. but we're here for scum, cultists are a close second.

This being said, I've seen town bifidav accused of being scum before, and that reaction wasn't close :shrug:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

This is good reasoning

at the same time, it's good logic that they've offered to catch out the sole remaining cultist. but we're here for scum, cultists are a close second.

This being said, I've seen town bifidav accused of being scum before, and that reaction wasn't close :shrug:

by which I mean that reaction is closer to classic bifidav as scum trying to distract :shrug:

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

tithin posted:

I don't know what this means, but I was having a feeling so complicated when 2 people I knew for sure had my secret identity already figured out seemed to be going totally against the whole point of my gimmick, by treating everything as Bifposting. It was pretty rude and hard to stay in character.

Gaspy making it 3 made me want to just try and get killed as fast as possible before I get a chance to become any more invested in this game's outcome lol.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Revolver Anidav posted:

I don't know what this means, but I was having a feeling so complicated when 2 people I knew for sure had my secret identity already figured out seemed to be going totally against the whole point of my gimmick, by treating everything as Bifposting. It was pretty rude and hard to stay in character.

Gaspy making it 3 made me want to just try and get killed as fast as possible before I get a chance to become any more invested in this game's outcome lol.

Going off game script for a minute, while I knew who you were behind the gimmick, I wasn't treating you as classic Bif, it was just something I bore at the back of my mind more than anything else. If you thought I was deliberately treating you as bif, that wasn't my intention - sorry.

Didn't help your case mind by posting on actually bif, mind :v:

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

tithin posted:

Going off game script for a minute, while I knew who you were behind the gimmick, I wasn't treating you as classic Bif, it was just something I bore at the back of my mind more than anything else. If you thought I was deliberately treating you as bif, that wasn't my intention - sorry.

Didn't help your case mind by posting on actually bif, mind :v:

I was planning to do a reveal already, but it was going to involve Komaeda sprites. Accidental baby-watching phoneposting was probably funnier though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I literally have no idea what any of this conversation means.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Revolver Anidav posted:

How come no one has claimed for killing Coq yet? It says the scum knew who he was, so they wouldn't waste a night kill on him.

The Mafia wiki says one way for mods to handle cults is to have all the cultists die along with their leader. But Coq's alignment still said scum, not replicator. So that can't explain the extra kill.

This is what I mean though, this post adds nothing to this game. There were three NKs, one of which was claimed by Kash. Scum + SK is the obvious conclusion, throwing out "helpful" what if conversations just makes it look like you're contributing when you're actually not.

##vote Revolver Anidav

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Truth Quark posted:

I literally have no idea what any of this conversation means.

It's an out of game meta conversation.

Revolver Anidav is a pisstake of an auspol poster called Anidav. Revolver Anidav is a different poster called Bifauxnen. I knew this, two other people knew this until she accidentally posted on her main account.

She was annoyed because people were wise to who she was and were applying the bif meta reads to her posting on revolver anidav. That's it, that's the joke.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's hilarious, I've been wondering who RA was for months and it gets revealed via a fuckup

No wonder you said you didn't presign and confused the gently caress out of me :allears:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I think I found out at a goonmeet a while back, but I didn't use it since I didn't know any bifreads anyway.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
All this auspol meta... I'll trust it? :shrug: typically hate meta reads though

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm inclined to believe Asphyxious, in a role madness game Infinitum probably wanted to curtail some of the night actions... with more night actions.
but role blocking is generally a scum power. :shrug:

JakeP doesn't feel townie but I have no history of playing with them. they might just be unpleasant.

I'm pretty solid on Birdstrike being town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm not sure I believe Anidav is a nurse and if they don't get lynched today I'm thinking I'll keep blocking them. Unless a better target presents itself. All the 3P/who killed Coq chat does read like faux-scumhunting.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

If you want the chill joke gimmick time to be over so bad, just loving tell me next time so I can sign up under the right name.

Go climb up in your club treehouse and find a really splintery plank to break off, then shove it up your rear end.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Revolver Anidav posted:

If you want the chill joke gimmick time to be over so bad, just loving tell me next time so I can sign up under the right name.

Go climb up in your club treehouse and find a really splintery plank to break off, then shove it up your rear end.

I'm happy for chill times. I'm not looking to razz you, I just think it's hilarious if you are actually a nurse.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm staying chill this game and doing my analysis without getting all lovely about it, happy to go on that way.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

I'm happy for chill times.

Trap sprung, wrong account name

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Revolver Anidav posted:

Trap sprung, wrong account name

Mama mia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey how about them mafs?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Every vote iajanus

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008