Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Truth Quark posted:

Jake you're not actually reading anything I'm saying so im gonna go ahead and move on with my life

What is he not reading correctly because it looks like you are dismissing a scum flip out of hand and don't seem to understand why people think that is either dumb or suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why would a scum flip be janitored? That's the question I keep running back to.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

I don't have the time right this second to re-read the last 28 pages, so can someone bring me up to speed on kommando's case?

I would also like a summary of this despite reading the last 28 pages :confused:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Truth Quark posted:

Jake you're not actually reading anything I'm saying so im gonna go ahead and move on with my life

lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why would a scum flip be janitored? That's the question I keep running back to.

What difference does it make though

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

IllegallySober posted:

I would also like a summary of this despite reading the last 28 pages :confused:

he basically scum claimed

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I've been thinking about the janitoring and the only thing that makes sense is if it's part of Birdstrike's execution ability. It could be a drawback of him using it instead of having enough votes to lynch. Because otherwise, that scum must have had a built-in self-janitor ability, which sounds kind of weird and is a big coincidence. Either that or scum had a janitor day action.

I've been wondering if Birdstrike having that ability is scummy. But his power was already very powerful for scum. Getting to janitor whoever dies from would make it even more powerful for scum. So I think it would be town. But Birdstrike hasn't confirmed yet if this is the case for his ability.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

My vote on Kommando is because he showed up to vote for me when we were getting near deadline, and Meds was the leading lynch candidate.

The reason he gave for voting me was to "help a successful lynch" even though I wasn't in the lead, and "Bif always pulls this poo poo", which is a long story but it was pretty bullshit, just "to help along the narrative" lol.

I'm getting more suss on Jake and Quark now, though. Especially Quark. What is up with his hat.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't make reads dependent on potentially wonky flips

Just make reads on content

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Don't make reads dependent on potentially wonky flips

Just make reads on content

if you cant make reads on flips this isn't mafia. If we are going to ignore the flip because the role (but not alignment) was janiotored then the game is already lost

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Are you retarded

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah I'm dumb for thinking the otherwise completely janitored flip might not have given MCS' actual alignment. Ok.

Nobody is loving saying don't make reads based on flips, I am saying don't make reads on flips that probably aren't accurate or truthful.

Stop being obtuse.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Guess you can't play mafia until somebody dies oh noooo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

What difference does it make though

I think it matters a lot in determining the legitimacy of the flip, especially if nothing changes end of day. I mean we pretty much have to take it at face value, but why would the rest clearly be suppressed?

It is odd.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

##vote tq please post less bad

You of all people should be suspicious of that flip considering youre the one who loving invented death miller.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

You of all people should be suspicious of that flip considering youre the one who loving invented death miller.

You give me too much credit it was not I who created the death miller

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol everyone chill out and hit these dank spaceweeds.

*Klorel kicks up his feet*

There's like... there's like weird poo poo with that flip man, I bet my dad had some poo poo to do with it. Trying to piss of Ra. Just like dad.

Look, TQ has a valid point, but so does Jake. Sniping commentary is getting us nowhere so until that flip biz is resolved, I don't know... what else we got.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Guess you can't play mafia until somebody dies oh noooo

Not at all, but once someone flips scum you have to look at that and analyze the game based on that, not just ignore it, its what shapes the entire mid and late game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

Not at all, but once someone flips scum you have to look at that and analyze the game based on that, not just ignore it, its what shapes the entire mid and late game

Maybe if you're basic and can't think without the mod holding your hand

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Truth Quark posted:

Yeah I'm dumb for thinking the otherwise completely janitored flip might not have given MCS' actual alignment. Ok.

Nobody is loving saying don't make reads based on flips, I am saying don't make reads on flips that probably aren't accurate or truthful.

Stop being obtuse.

If MCS isn't scum then this game is a joke and i dont care about it so I will play as if MCS was scum 100%

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

This guy is posting really insincerely and making leaps of logic..... But what do the flips tell me .....

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

lol ok

I am just considering what the mod posts in this thread to be true, especially with flips, and to do anything otherwise is just dumb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

If MCS isn't scum then this game is a joke and i dont care about it so I will play as if MCS was scum 100%

Scum framers? BENEATH MY GREATNESS

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tremendous Taste posted:

Hahaha sick burn but drat son.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

This guy is posting really insincerely and making leaps of logic..... But what do the flips tell me .....

im not even sure what or who you are referring to here, and thats not what I am saying at all

I am saying that to ignore the flip is stupid, im not saying to ignore scummy players

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Scum framers? BENEATH MY GREATNESS

scum framers affect cop investigations not flips

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

scum framers affect cop investigations not flips

Jakep when did you start modding this game

And apparently missing ones within the past year or so where they also affected flips

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Jakep when did you start modding this game

And apparently missing ones within the past year or so where they also affected flips

If this is a game where flips cannot be trusted then I do not care about this game. That is my attitude moving forward and in any game ever

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and seriously if that is the state of mafia on these forums, where players think it makes sense that the flip of a player as scum cannot be trusted then that is a real shame, and really shows how lovely role madeness has ruined mafia on these forums

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tremendous Taste posted:

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

MAKE MAFIA GREAT AGAIN

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Never mind, Taste is worse than Jake and Quark.

I think we should lynch him to test if his opinions are genuine, or just trying to cover for scumbros who didn't vote Meds.

##vote Tremendous Tosser

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

and seriously if that is the state of mafia on these forums, where players think it makes sense that the flip of a player as scum cannot be trusted then that is a real shame, and really shows how lovely role madeness has ruined mafia on these forums

lol dial it back man. Not that serious.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Revolver Anidav posted:

Never mind, Taste is worse than Jake and Quark.

I think we should lynch him to test if his opinions are genuine, or just trying to cover for scumbros who didn't vote Meds.

##vote Tremendous Tosser

THE SANCTITY OF THE FLIP MUST REMAIN BETWEEN A MOD AND HIS TOWN

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id lynch taste, but not to "test if his opinions are genuine" he is known for his terrible opinions

Id lynch him because he is latching onto this as a reason to post rather than actually posting about players in the game

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Tremendous Taste posted:

THE SANCTITY OF THE FLIP MUST REMAIN BETWEEN A MOD AND HIS TOWN

You got to admit you're a better lynch than Kommando though. My Kommando case is based off that scum flip, I mean how useless is that reasoning.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You mean you'd lynch me based on my posting rather than going from a flip?

That's serious hypocritical, just another flip-waver with a secret shame

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Revolver Anidav posted:

You got to admit you're a better lynch than Kommando though. My Kommando case is based off that scum flip, I mean how useless is that reasoning.

who would ever admit they are a better lynch than anyone?

If taste is town and doesn't know commandos alignment of course he won't feel that way, and if he is scum he won't acknowledge that

this post is scummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Revolver Anidav posted:

I don't know who flipped scum

Kommando flailed around on multiple people today looking for something to stick despite only light pressure.

That's scum 101

• Locked thread