Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Anybody else getting a silly amount of Google Reward surveys? I've gotten seven since yesterday and my phone has moved from my nightstand to my computer desk, not that I mind the extra $3.50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Klowns posted:

Anybody else getting a silly amount of Google Reward surveys? I've gotten seven since yesterday and my phone has moved from my nightstand to my computer desk, not that I mind the extra $3.50

Yeah, I've gotten around that same number in the same amount of time. I don't let it buzz or make any sound so it doesn't bother me.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I was going all over the past few days getting home improvement stuff together and going to family functions. I only got one survey. :saddowns:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Klowns posted:

I got a bunch this weekend and none were the location based ones. I'll take the credit.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Anyone know a good free spy camera app for recording video with screen off?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Same here, they keep asking insane poo poo like whether I've participated in an ultra marathon or attended a polo match in the last 30 days.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I've gotten the ultra marathon one multiple times, I always wonder what combination of travel triggers it

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Klowns posted:

I was just about to post this. I've gotten 14 in the last 24 hours and made about $5 and only one has been a "When did you visit x" survey but at least half were ones I'd had before (ultramarathon, luxury travel, read reviews/Google shopping, etc).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

hooah posted:

For those of you who use Join, are you able to prevent it from showing notifications over full-screen things like games? I'm talking about on your computer. That's the one thing that's starting to bug me about MightyText.

Using the Chrome Extension, notifications just come in via the standard Windows 10 notification center. I imagine the Win10 app itself is the same. So it doesn't interrupt gaming, except audibly.

And yeah the gaming thread has been talking about the surveys thing. Some people are getting the exact same survey over and over and getting paid each time too. Seems something might be up with their non-location based survey distribution.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
We've been talking about the huge influx of surveys in the gaming thread. Mine have been completely off the wall. Asking me about copper investments, literature summits etc. But hey I'm up to about $8 in a 36 hour period so keep it coming.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I'm jealous. I've only gotten 3 in the last two days.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I'm jealous. It only recently became available in sweden at all, and i've yet to receive a single survey. :(

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

My favorite is still "do you use soap."

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blue Footed Booby posted:

My friend once dated a girl who believed that unless you doing things that actively "got you dirty", like laying around in actual dirt/mud, then a person never needed to use soap. She neither owned soap nor used it for months at a time believing that it was impossible to require it if you simply avoided dirt itself.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

LastInLine posted:

My friend once dated a girl who believed that unless you doing things that actively "got you dirty", like laying around in actual dirt/mud, then a person never needed to use soap. She neither owned soap nor used it for months at a time believing that it was impossible to require it if you simply avoided dirt itself.

Wait, are you trying to say this ISN'T how it works?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

XIII posted:

Wait, are you trying to say this ISN'T how it works?

No, man, I'm not saying that. Keep up with the soapless showers, those are totally working! You definitely don't smell like a high school gymnasium.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Don't forget, this question goes out to thousands of greasy neckbeards.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

LastInLine posted:

No, man, I'm not saying that. Keep up with the soapless showers, those are totally working! You definitely don't smell like a high school gymnasium.

There are people that seriously believe that soap is some scam, and using it only makes their bodies need to be cleaned by more soap. I'm not one of those people, because those people are loving bonkers.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Hi, does anyone know of a stopwatch app that will count for days if needed? I currently have "Stopwatch & Timer" by Jupiter apps, but it seems to just roll over after 10hrs or something.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

LastInLine posted:

I use a soap app on my phone, just need to run it once a day and it removes all dirt via the phone's IR Blaster.

I have a septate one from Purell that does the same with germs.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you don't need to shower

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Perfect

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
So, it seems like you can't download apps to an SD card without rooting. I was trying to put San Andreas on it, but there is barely enough room and everything else on there seems to be so small that I can't meaningfully clear off space, unless I am missing something. How can this be rectified? I see some applications say they can move other applications to an SD card, but I am not sure if that is what I want to do.

e: Welp, it barely runs on my phone anyway, so I'll just uninstall it. Still curious about how that type of problem can be solved.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 24, 2016

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

LastInLine posted:

Also has anyone else seen the quality of the built-in keyboard's Swype capability go downhill? It keeps thinking I'm typing Welsh or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Magnetic North posted:

So, it seems like you can't download apps to an SD card without rooting. I was trying to put San Andreas on it, but there is barely enough room and everything else on there seems to be so small that I can't meaningfully clear off space, unless I am missing something. How can this be rectified? I see some applications say they can move other applications to an SD card, but I am not sure if that is what I want to do.

e: Welp, it barely runs on my phone anyway, so I'll just uninstall it. Still curious about how that type of problem can be solved.

Buy a phone with a sufficient amount of space instead of relying on removable storage for non-media data.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Endless Mike posted:

Buy a phone with a sufficient amount of space instead of relying on removable storage for non-media data.

Did removable media kill your parents?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Ferret King posted:

I want to say there's at least one person in recorded history that died from choking on an SD card.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

People frequently post about issues with SD cards (card failure, things getting hosed when you move data to them, etc) and most all of those issues could have been avoided by buying a phone with enough internal storage, like Endless Mike suggested. I understand that I might be an outlier since I can stream everything without worrying about data caps, but I'll never go back to using an SD card.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey, I'm not the one who can't download stuff (or get to work at all (see guy in Android thread)) because I decided to rely on cheap, unreliable media instead of spending a little more on something vastly better.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 24, 2016

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I would like to access the gps on my phone from my laptop. In case it is relevant, the goal is to drive an antenna tracker for an RC aerial vehicle. In addition to having usb ports, both the phone and the laptop support bluetooth.
What is the most economical way to make gps data from my phone available to 3DR mission planner software on my computer? The ardupilot app is incompatible with my device.

edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jillybunch.shareGPS&hl=en is the thing I was looking for.

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 25, 2016

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This could very well be an Android N issue but is anyone using the FB Messenger able to send video at all? I can view videos just fine but I cant make or send any at all. I'm on a 6P.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LastInLine posted:

I remember some goons saying they'd go a year without washing their super expensive designer jeans. "Why do you need to wash them unless you work out in them or something." :zombie:

Eikre
May 2, 2009

niethan posted:

Anyone know a good free spy camera app for recording video with screen off?

I scrolled through the list of apps on fdroid and it looks like simple "your hardware does a thing" apps are a popular genre. That's at least one that turns your phone into an IP camera, which means you could leave it somewhere and have your footage without needing to retrieve it.

Please don't be using this advice for illicit sex reasons.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Skeezy posted:

This could very well be an Android N issue but is anyone using the FB Messenger able to send video at all? I can view videos just fine but I cant make or send any at all. I'm on a 6P.

It's probably N. I have a lot of other issues with Messenger like colors, custom emoji, sending audio, etc..

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I don't know how many of you use Telegram for whatever reason but I got bored and made a sticker pack based on the forums' emoticons.
Enjoy, whoever is interested. If someone wants any additional emoticon just post.

https://telegram.me/addstickers/GoonStickerPack

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Negrostrike posted:

I don't know how many of you use Telegram for whatever reason but I got bored and made a sticker pack based on the forums' emoticons.
Enjoy, whoever is interested. If someone wants any additional emoticon just post.

https://telegram.me/addstickers/GoonStickerPack

This is awesome but also REALLY tiny...

Can't tell if you have it or not, but :v: would be nice!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

ThermoPhysical posted:

This is awesome but also REALLY tiny...

Can't tell if you have it or not, but :v: would be nice!

Yep I pretty much miscalculated the proportions, I didn't want them to look too big. But they look good on chat in my opinion, especially on mobile.

:v: is already there, by the way.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 26, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So if I wanted to use my Cardboard to watch a 3d movie, how would I go about doing that? Do people even sell 3d movies in a format you can watch those in?

Is there a dedicated Cardboard thread by any chance?

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

I made a Telegram sticker set of SA emoticons a while back for my own use too!
https://telegram.me/addstickers/SAEmoticonsR22

They're a little bigger, but I only bothered to make 12 stickers :effort:

I also have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to image editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Welp, that makes the 4th sticker set based on SA emoticons I've seen so far, including mine. :v:
Y'all can't complain about lack of options, folks.