Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think the squid knows all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
why not get rid of tping to wards.

then add an item that lets you tp on top of allied champions like how challenging smite is a smite modifier.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Zoness posted:

why not get rid of tping to wards.

then add an item that lets you tp on top of allied champions like how challenging smite is a smite modifier.

or allow wards to be destroyed while being tp'd to

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

or allow wards to be destroyed while being tp'd to

Sure I mean, specifically I think it's bad that you can place a hero behind the enemy team on top of an invisible unit.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Yessssss

thank you. :peanut:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/EkWGnkq.gifv

:3:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
They keep stealing my OGN translators :(

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://pvplive.net/c/espn-and-riot-games-talks-broadcast-LCS-500-millio

:gonk:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Was just coming here to post that. That's a lot of 0s.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Rivington is as cool as the other side of the blue suede shoes, can of corn!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like if they're broadcasting it live that weekend slot could be used for almost anything else and be more profitable for them but i guess this is gonna be on espn 8 or whatever hell dota TI was banished to

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
The Ocho ?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Hope its not exclusive because that would make me grumpy esp. because I don't have TV.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Radical posted:

i feel like if they're broadcasting it live that weekend slot could be used for almost anything else and be more profitable for them but i guess this is gonna be on espn 8 or whatever hell dota TI was banished to

It depends on how streaming is going to be handled. If this is just a tv contract and Riot is going to keep live streaming then ESPN got hosed, but if ESPN gets streaming rights or some kind of advertising kickback from Riot's stream then it might be worth it. Even if LCS doesn't get as many viewers as most live sporting events (and outside of football I'm not convinced that some random Timberwolves vs. Grizzlies NBA game gets that many more viewers) it might be worth it to them on similar principles that Riot has justified the LCS - it's a loss leader that could draw in a new generation and demographic group that normally wouldn't have any reason to watch ESPN.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Radical posted:

I think this would be a pretty good showing for ESPN in the doldrums of summer though. NBA finals end in mid-June, and college football starts in late August. Dedicating one day a week to a premier best of three for a few hours seems like it could be a good deal for a market they won't normally reach. I'd be interested to see if playoffs/worlds got any billing during the NFL/College football seasons, though.

I'm glad because at least in theory Riot can now foster a legitimate challenger league instead of the wild wild west that it is currently.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://www.twitch.tv/c9sneaky

The most boosted animal

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Can't wait for Skip Baeless to trash Team Liquid for not being clutch in the playoffs. Obviously an indictment on Piglet leadership

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

why are you linking this

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

rabidsquid posted:

why are you linking this

He was queuing with all of ss white and on comms with them.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/TeamEnVyUs/status/734816311595958273

LOD and Nien in bot, good looking team.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Pepper Brooks is totally Rivington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIxx6iuYR6A

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

isnt espn broke

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Work Friend Keven posted:

isnt espn broke

Why would ESPN be broke? I mean I wish they were because their coverage of everything is total trash, but they are owned by like a mega-billion-dollar media conglomerate so it's not really the same thing anyways.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
The first three players they listed are solidly avoid relegations tier, at least; imo they deserve to at least be on a team. Ninja and Seraph especially have actually been pretty fun to watch.

I guess LOD and Nien combined would do well in a 6v5 scenario, but uh...

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was with them all the way until LOD and Nein...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they filled out the lanes top to bottom but when they got to the bottom they realized lcs is starting soon and they were out of import slots

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I'm not sure who they could have gotten as ADC right now though. The other options also feel dumb, like are you going to get Maplestreet?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Libertine posted:

Why would ESPN be broke? I mean I wish they were because their coverage of everything is total trash, but they are owned by like a mega-billion-dollar media conglomerate so it's not really the same thing anyways.

They've been doing a whole bunch of cost-cutting lately when it comes to employees. Laying off hundreds (or thousands?) of workers, not renewing contracts of almost all their most popular talking heads, etc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Radical posted:

they filled out the lanes top to bottom but when they got to the bottom they realized lcs is starting soon and they were out of import slots
Ninja is a fine import but Procxin is puzzling. He wasn't spectacular on Xenics or the various teams afterwards and he certainly didn't become Reignover or Rush, or even Move when he came to the LCS

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Libertine posted:

They've been firing a shitload of people.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's not like Disney owns them due to Walt's legacy of Sport or nothing.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
it's a pretty big gamble for espn to try to target a demographic that has greatly already cut the cord. but if they get exclusive streaming rights this might be a thing.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Ninja is a fine import but Procxin is puzzling. He wasn't spectacular on Xenics or the various teams afterwards and he certainly didn't become Reignover or Rush, or even Move when he came to the LCS

They should have bought Contractz out from Ember and imported an ADC, assuming Contractz is old enough to be in the LCS now.

Edit: He doesn't turn 17 until August apparently.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

ESPN only has value as a TV network with near monopoly rights on a lot of live sports stuff that people want to see. Their analysis blows, their website (since it's redesign) totally blows, all of the interesting writers they had over the years have all left or been fired. It's basically just a shell company that owns rights to valuable properties.

A lot of people who watch eSports don't have cable, so if they are making a play at that market it may just kill two birds with one stone in a bad way like sinking a ton of money for ESPN on a product which doesn't translate to viewers since people would rather not watch League than subscribe to a cable package to do so. And if it's exclusive it ends up killing League's popularity as well. If it's not exclusive then it's literally just setting $500M on fire.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Nientonsoh... backup adc?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

curiousCat posted:

Nientonsoh... support?

The tweet's just formatted poorly, it's Hakuho at support with Nien/Lod I guess switching off at ADC.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Rivington is as cool as the other side of the blue suede shoes, can of corn!

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
The best champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Gibberish posted:

The best champ

this is the rivington appreciation station thread

• Locked thread