Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Gibberish posted:

The best champ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyZ_Rt7jak

exethan posted:

this is the rivington appreciation station thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
oops as if i look at anything other than the thread tag

oh well here or there, still the best champ

also i like rivington and kobe, they're the best casters, but why does that Piratecnics guy sound like an American but casts EU?!?!??!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiiWuOCzoao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Fantasy Leagues start again the 28th, and because of the new rules (Bo2 vs Bo3) they've made some neat changes.

*You can set the scoring system to either First two games or Best Game in a set to make things fair for EU/NA's different series rules.
*You can set a commissioner that has all the power of a League's owner to start the draft, set Autodraft, kick the owner, etc
*You can now kick inactive owners if your league has a commissioner
*You can set "Autodraft" on players who are AFK which reduces the time it takes for them to autodraft from 60 seconds to 8 seconds

So who's down for this year's Money League? And this time we need to make a price point beforehand (One mystery gift vs $10 in RP/Two Mystery Gifts)

LCK also starts tomorrow at 4am EST. That kind of snuck up on me. Not as many interesting roster changes in Korea.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I'm down.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I'm in. Before I die I will win at least one goon money league, this I swear.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I'm insies!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Triple seems to be pretty dece and that one jungler was doing a good job of showing up where he needed to be but it's hard to tell how good anyone is in just two games and Aston Villa beat the Time Masters up pretty bad

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I'd do a fantasy league if it's na only I don't like watching eu

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

milkman dad posted:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i'd kinda like to do an eu only one actually, i try to only pick eu players but since all our games end with like 9-4 scores everyone always beats me with the na murderfests

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

milkman dad posted:

Just draft NA players. You don't need to draft EU players.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm so down for EU only & NA only games but isn't EU only really similar to that league we had last split where you had to pick the lowest scoring members possible? (^:

NA Rules: Best Average
EU Rules: First 2 Games

It might be best if those stay 4-6 person leagues though because if anyone auto-drafts they're stuck with pretty bad players.

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
They updated the story:

PVPlive.net posted:

UPDATE: Riot responded to GameSpot's request for comment and stated that the report is "inaccurate" and there are "no active talks with ESPN." As GameSpot notes, this doesn't rule out the possibility that discussions took place.

ESPN responded to our request, stating that it is "false," and "we do not have a deal with Riot Games to broadcast League of Legends." There was no comment on the discussions, only that a deal does not currently exist.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is anyone watching the EU/NA CS qualifiers?

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

Sexpansion posted:

Is anyone watching the EU/NA CS qualifiers?

FNA vs TRC has actually been pretty interesting. Pretty terrible map awareness from TRC at times, but they're fun to watch teamfight.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Sign me up for MoneyLeague.

Those are some nice changes, especially the stuff with being able to set the autodrafter to 8 seconds. Waiting a full minute on a pre-determined result always sucked.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So, TIP's spot has apparently been acquired by a team called "Pheonix1", which I don't think exists as a thing outside of League. They have no players listed whatsoever.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Killed By Death posted:

So, TIP's spot has apparently been acquired by a team called "Pheonix1", which I don't think exists as a thing outside of League. They have no players listed whatsoever.

a phoenix is reborn through an ember here comes goldenglue back in the lcs boys

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

deficio owns lol

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 24, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

perkz is probably looking forward to it as well since it means he probably went to NA to get paid

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That's Savage. I don't understand why he'd dump on a rookie, unless there's some bad blood there tho

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
You don't sass Deficio the EU Godfather unless you want your whole team to be poached out from underneath you by a secret backroom deal that potentially loses him his job.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
That was loving brutal from deficio

Also throw me into the money league if there is still a spot

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow225 posted:

That's Savage. I don't understand why he'd dump on a rookie, unless there's some bad blood there tho

Because Deficio is a loving lord is why

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I like nien and think he's pretty good. Happy he got to join nV

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
First games of LCK going on - Afreeca looking back in form, I'm glad they held together.

ESC vs CJ up next!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Lck is on. Longzhu vs afreeca was up first. longzhu played both their comps shittily and threw what looked like close wins in the midgame via taking bad fights. 2nd game was most egregious as they had a pretty good setup before tossing it. Azir doesnt seem nearly as op late game as last patch, felt like viktor was doing more late game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Coco is a loving lucker dog noob and LZIM should have kept Flame and Frozen instead of Espession and Coco.

I really like to poo poo talk LZIM and they also make it really easy. Did y'all watch any of the Korean feed which was what Youtube showed for game one? Those Korean commercials are pretty good, my favorite was The Milk Sommelier.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
haven't watched lck this year but what happened to coco? he would have been in my top 3-5 mids in the world on cj

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He's a lucker dog noob is what happened.

Actually LZIM appears to just be a really poorly run team. They misused their ten man roster last season with bizarre substitutions and only ran their good jungler (Crash) with Flame and Frozen. Expession was probably better than Flame tbh but Crash was better than Chaser, and Chaser and Coco just didn't appear to play well together.

I could put together a big effort post about their macro play I guess but the tl;dr is that Coco never got to play with the jungler that was more proactive about ganking for mid.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What's especially weird about the LZ thing is that like, realistically Crash/Chaser/Frozen/CoCo would all be pretty strong carries for any number of teams, and Expession actually did a very good job farming and team fighting for them. Except whoever was managing the team was doing it like a cranky old baseball manager, setting dudes down for losing lane instead of based on team compositions. They also decided that split pushing top laners were for Expession and not Flame. It was just dumb. Chaser and CoCo are actually fine.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I missed GDT posting with you my dudes!!!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
LZIM seem to be the reincarnation of Najin where they can't just let a team settle down and form an identity.

Speaking of the next game CJ is debuting a new jungler, Haru, but I don't know anything about him so I can't say whether he's got any hype or not. Being an improvement over Bubbling won't be too hard though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

LZIM couldn't figure out who to play in what match because their coach is Lustboy. They're the spiritual successors to CJ Entus Frost who had the dumbest possible 5 players on a team in any given match.

Chaser is a very control-focused jungler and in theory if you had let Flame and Coco just win their lanes on their own then Chaser can set up the plays he needs to but who knows what's happening, it's like Rush on C9. I wanted to be a LZIM fan but they're just underwhelming and don't have any exciting stand-out players (Even though they've got some of the best per-role players in Korea)

It looks like I'm all-in on Sadplane Airlines this season too :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They developed an identity, but it was for a bad reason. LZIM had absolute poo poo garbage team fighting and seemingly no ability to engage, so they played almost nothing but poke comps. When other teams picked up on this later in the split they started to get owned since they weren't able to handle getting engaged on.

Also I think it was dumb AF for CJ to not try out Daydreamin over Bubbling last split. He's on Detonation FocusMe now. One of the Japanese teams anyways.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What did CJ do to their 17 year old Jungler they were signing with BDD?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Bubbling was so bad that fans had a term for all the time where he was dead ('Bubble Time'), so yeah, I don't know why they stuck with them.

...Monte/Doa rambling about the troubles of playing online games in Korea is still better than the pertinent but awful production on the SpoTV stream.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CJ never signed anybody to compete with Bubbling, they just picked up Daydream but never played him because ????

Haru is a rookie that afaik nobody knows anything about. Also Ghost has been kicking around as a sub forever, I think with Maokai on permaban status that Kramer could be pretty good this season on Ezreal. I sort of wonder how things would have gone if they had retained Trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

CJ never signed anybody to compete with Bubbling, they just picked up Daydream but never played him because ????

Haru is a rookie that afaik nobody knows anything about. Also Ghost has been kicking around as a sub forever, I think with Maokai on permaban status that Kramer could be pretty good this season on Ezreal. I sort of wonder how things would have gone if they had retained Trick
Trick is an aggressive early-game jungler who likes to fight so that might be enough to dominate EU playing only Graves but I don't know if he would have been good enough to carry CJ Entus. I could have swore that CJ were looking to sign a 17 year old jungler too but I can't find anything about it anymore. :v:

DayDream came from the IM/Xenics era where they were basically farm league for larger orgs and almost everyone that escaped became awesome players.

And did Freeks really just pick up Nidalee/Ashe after a Braum pick

• Locked thread