Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am happy with a ##vote Jimson

3rd vote scumbo lmao (I am scum)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Irl my job is a clown. Seriously.

How do you become a clown? It sounds like it would be an awesome job.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if jimson were scum or a pr he wouldve made so many shitt posts already tho

The only game I've played in with Jimson (that I can remember) in he was shitpost-y town, if anything I think the lack of them is something to be looked at suspiciously.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Pics or it didn't happen

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if jimson were scum or a pr he wouldve made so many shitt posts already tho

Also this post feels like it could potentially be scummy. Wondering if Jimson is scum or not makes sense as town; wondering if he's a PR or not only really makes sense as scum. ##vote dongsbot

For real those I'd still be fine with a Jimson turbo.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quick question, what is pr?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Li Dawny posted:

Quick question, what is pr?

Either Power Role or Post Restriction depending on the context, but mostly Power Role.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Either Power Role or Post Restriction depending on the context, but mostly Power Role.

Thank you!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Murmur Twin posted:

The only game I've played in with Jimson (that I can remember) in he was shitpost-y town, if anything I think the lack of them is something to be looked at suspiciously.

my jimsonian experience:

1. monster hunter game: he was scum and made a uber convoluted fakeclaim that involved him being night miller every other day or smth and then he died for that.
2. scum game where he was town bartender.
3. aliens game cuz he quit when he was vt
4. some other game i dont remember what where he just got day1 lynched as vt lol (this might be an active game my b if it is)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i will not oppose The Death of jimson even if it doesnt comply with lynch all australians

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm not interested in turboing any of you cuties. I Just want to call some people out and get the multicolored rainbow juices flowing. Also I just want to see some clown pics

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
im also in for Jimson turbo

gently caress I'll hammer that vote

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i will not oppose The Death of jimson even if it doesnt comply with lynch all australians

Agree with this. It seems like he only cares and posts if he scum. My first game with him he was scum and posted a ton. He even made fake notes and posted pictures of them

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

Agree with this. It seems like he only cares and posts if he scum. My first game with him he was scum and posted a ton. He even made fake notes and posted pictures of them

That game was loving crazy.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
as much as i hate jimson i think turboing him (and turboing in general) is a bad idea

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Li Dawny posted:

How do you become a clown? It sounds like it would be an awesome job.

it starts with a bad childhood and is compounded with bad life decisions with alcoholism to taste

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

That game was loving crazy.

It was before you had that bitchin drink as your pic. Mafia memories

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

my jimsonian experience:

1. monster hunter game: he was scum and made a uber convoluted fakeclaim that involved him being night miller every other day or smth and then he died for that.
3. aliens game cuz he quit when he was vt
4. some other game i dont remember what where he just got day1 lynched as vt lol (this might be an active game my b if it is)

2. shine game sry

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Whoa some new posts.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Infinitum

Gotta do what dongsbot says.

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe they're all American? But actually, after thinking about it I feel like taking out a lurker is fine and I'm in favor of ##vote Jimson

Blatant bandwagon voting. ##vote Murmur Twin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flerp posted:

as much as i hate jimson i think turboing him (and turboing in general) is a bad idea

Gotta protect those scumbros somehow, eh?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

flerp posted:

jimson is p much the worst and makes every mafia game terrible ##vote jimson

flerp posted:

Scummy posts. If you don't like turboing then why were you so quick to be the third quick vote on Jimson?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i was the second you ding dong

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Whoops I thought Moatilda had voted in that lurker callout. Guess that ruins both my suspicions. ##unvote

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Whoops I thought Moatilda had voted in that lurker callout. Guess that ruins both my suspicions. ##unvote

Negative. That is because I truly do not like turboing

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

turbo so good

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

You are a true hero.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I accidentally didn't bookmark this, what's up fam

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Girl?????

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

I accidentally didn't bookmark this, what's up fam

Watching the game

Voting a scum

##vote Chic Trombone

Tru

Tru

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:cheers:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
attack the block is a good movie i just watch

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

PBS Newshour posted:

attack the block is a good movie i just watch

I don't know man, I normally really trust paulmabey:s stellar reviews.

Finally got to see this film after wanting to for ages because I'm a huge Nick Frost fan (although admittedly mainly through Spaced and Shaun of the dead).
I would have put money on me loving this film. What wasn't to love for a bloke in his 20's – monsters/aliens, groups with weapons working together (The warriors anyone?!) and of course Nick Frost.
Well, I'll tell you the reason why I hated it – because the characters we were meant to love were essentially scumbags. Being a secondary school teacher it is depressing how often I see and hear teenagers acting hard, wearing hoods and trackies (even if it's 30degrees!, using ridiculous and often rude language and generally lacking basic morals and respect. And now here is a film that not only expects us to identify and go on a journey with these characters but also glorifies them!
My hesitation began in the opening scene when they pulled a knife whilst mugging a woman and seemed to have nothing but contempt for her. I thought to myself 'Hmmm, that's quite extreme as I thought we were going to like these guys?' Now that would have been OK if the story had quickly unfolded that it was just a big front and they were actually quite nice and don't really like hurting people they just do it as they don't know any better, but this wasn't the case. It clumsily seemed to try to swing it this way with some of the characters (the one with glasses seemed particularly easy to like), but most of them continued to be little scrotes if I'm honest.
The way the police were viewed and portrayed I thought was pretty disgraceful and again painted an image that it was cool to hate the police.
Probably the biggest let down was that I suddenly realised near the end of the film that I hadn't actually laughed once. A couple, and I mean a couple, of moments of light relief from Frost was about all I smiled at. I also thought the development of the characters was poor or almost non existent, especially the token weed smoking posh white boy who for me added nothing.
To the films credit I thought it was shot well, the monsters were good (in a budget/cult like way) and most of the acting was good, although it seemed to try far too hard to make them all use the teenage 'buzz' words constantly. Probably why the one liners failed to work IMO. It was bare annoying.
The sad thing is I can see some of the kids I teach watching this and wanting to be just like them. At least the worst thing I'd have been likely to say at their age would have been "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Moatillata posted:

I don't know man, I normally really trust paulmabey:s stellar reviews.

Finally got to see this film after wanting to for ages because I'm a huge Nick Frost fan (although admittedly mainly through Spaced and Shaun of the dead).
I would have put money on me loving this film. What wasn't to love for a bloke in his 20's – monsters/aliens, groups with weapons working together (The warriors anyone?!) and of course Nick Frost.
Well, I'll tell you the reason why I hated it – because the characters we were meant to love were essentially scumbags. Being a secondary school teacher it is depressing how often I see and hear teenagers acting hard, wearing hoods and trackies (even if it's 30degrees!, using ridiculous and often rude language and generally lacking basic morals and respect. And now here is a film that not only expects us to identify and go on a journey with these characters but also glorifies them!
My hesitation began in the opening scene when they pulled a knife whilst mugging a woman and seemed to have nothing but contempt for her. I thought to myself 'Hmmm, that's quite extreme as I thought we were going to like these guys?' Now that would have been OK if the story had quickly unfolded that it was just a big front and they were actually quite nice and don't really like hurting people they just do it as they don't know any better, but this wasn't the case. It clumsily seemed to try to swing it this way with some of the characters (the one with glasses seemed particularly easy to like), but most of them continued to be little scrotes if I'm honest.
The way the police were viewed and portrayed I thought was pretty disgraceful and again painted an image that it was cool to hate the police.
Probably the biggest let down was that I suddenly realised near the end of the film that I hadn't actually laughed once. A couple, and I mean a couple, of moments of light relief from Frost was about all I smiled at. I also thought the development of the characters was poor or almost non existent, especially the token weed smoking posh white boy who for me added nothing.
To the films credit I thought it was shot well, the monsters were good (in a budget/cult like way) and most of the acting was good, although it seemed to try far too hard to make them all use the teenage 'buzz' words constantly. Probably why the one liners failed to work IMO. It was bare annoying.
The sad thing is I can see some of the kids I teach watching this and wanting to be just like them. At least the worst thing I'd have been likely to say at their age would have been "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"!

same

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The last thing we need are more hooligans amirite? Green Street is already bad enough

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they said fam a lot in the movie

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

2. shine game sry

Slip?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I suppose a typo is a slip of sorts.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

dongsbot 9000 posted:

I suppose a typo is a slip of sorts.

slip?