Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

This is good...................................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Stockholm Syndrome.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

Hey guys lets change the keybindings up a bit.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/330174/star-citizen-keybinds-2-4-printer-friendly-updated-to-2-4-v1-2

Lets make it 3 pages deep and change keys around at random.

Sound good?

Do it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Ben is disappointed that they didn't ask him to do any motion capture sessions?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

They don't have enough ping pong balls for that.

Besides, he's been very busy cataloguing Wing Commander diskettes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

You know, I don't think I've ever actually sat through it in its entirety. I might have to give it a go one of these weekends.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh goddammit you guys have a subforum again? What's happening with Star Citizen these days? Is Eonwe still kickin it? Is Beer still dead?

Yes.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
2.4 is truly a millstone patch.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

Gee, you think? Next you'll be saying that the Iron Born said their true house words, "they paid the iron price, they read the TOS"

or is it "That which is immersed may never play"

I'm just glad King Joffery is back

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Still can't get over fall damage in space.

Thats just breaks my thought process so well.

HEY GUYS FALL DAMAGE IN SPACE.

I can't figure it out.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Jew posted:

here's a short and concise video explaining 2.4's "Item Port System" which has gotten a pretty mixed response amongst those with PTU access:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ndH2J12sY

People don't like that they don't get to see all the space chariots lined up. It's also difficult as hell to find which small blue circle represents access to a small, medium, or large ship.

Jesus Chris this is the worst possible way they could have gone about it, you actually have to fly aroun. How can everything they touch turn to poo poo. This is starting to get weird, like "glitch in the Matrix" weird.

e: The game now remembers where you placed the fish tank in the hangar only you can see.

Persistence: CHECK

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

Still can't get over fall damage in space.

Thats just breaks my thought process so well.

HEY GUYS FALL DAMAGE IN SPACE.

I can't figure it out.

Well you see because of the 27 different types of physics grids they have...

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It isn't even that though, you get fall damage in your chest not your legs, Thats like a layer to the failure that just breaks all logic.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

It isn't even that though, you get fall damage in your chest not your legs, Thats like a layer to the failure that just breaks all logic.

CIG's design process is to take old notes from un-aired episodes of the Twilight Zone and turn it into broken code.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Owns.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Well you see because of the 27 different types of physics grids they have...

27 types of physics grids and they can't specify which zones have air.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

You know, I don't think I've ever actually sat through it in its entirety. I might have to give it a go one of these weekends.

Same with me. I've attempted it a few times but my body's self-defense mechanism kicks in and I slip into a coma partway through.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0u-RcCeifU&t=36s

The Liar, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

This Is My Hole.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

27 types of physics grids and they can't specify which zones have air.

It's amazing because it seems like maybe it should have been one of the first things they did.

I'm excited for them to finally figure it out but still be missing huge pieces of weird geometry on ships so that commandos can slip out naked through the walls into a protective bubble of hosed up code.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. Picture, if you will, a universe in which mankind has spread through the vast reaches of space, encased in ships and suits to protect him from the perils of the void. Only, a curious note is that no one has ever left that protection to see if he needs it....

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait till 2.4 goes live, I wonder if you wander into an airlock in a t-shirt and if someone else depressurises it, if you then die. Either they check the flag when you press the button, or it's checks the whole airlock for each individuals spacesuit status when the button is pressed, the first is a lot easier...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'll give you three guesses as to which one they went with.

You'll probably only need one though.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Beet Wagon posted:

It's amazing because it seems like maybe it should have been one of the first things they did.

I'm excited for them to finally figure it out but still be missing huge pieces of weird geometry on ships so that commandos can slip out naked through the walls into a protective bubble of hosed up code.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. Picture, if you will, a universe in which mankind has spread through the vast reaches of space, encased in ships and suits to protect him from the perils of the void. Only, a curious note is that no one has ever left that protection to see if he needs it....

:argh:

Fool! You don't respect the vision.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
CPU3 is the loser in all of this.

Always 100% for no reason.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Where have our friends been?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

AP posted:

Somebody who still watches the shows, what's next after this item port stupidity and vacuum resistant boxer shorts? Any news ships flight or hangar ready, anything?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/330502

Yesterday's comm-link thread has less than a page of replies.

Three more ships that I know of. Dragonfly, Corvette and the Prowler. I don't know much about the Prowler. So that at least gets them through August just using those. But Lesnick has said they are doing kickoff meetings for new concepts several times. Remember, it takes thousands of hours to get a concept sale ready.

Best guess after the Reliant is flight ready (I bet this one will be the biggest jankfest yet with the rotating cockpit) will be the Herald. Seems the farthest along. Then all they have to do is flip a switch and information running will be in the game.

After the Herald I don't think they have much. Probably the Mine Craft Express is the furthest along at this point just based on speculation and what Ben has said of other notable ships being stuck in pipeline hell.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

Jesus Chris this is the worst possible way they could have gone about it, you actually have to fly aroun. How can everything they touch turn to poo poo. This is starting to get weird, like "glitch in the Matrix" weird.

e: The game now remembers where you placed the fish tank in the hangar only you can see.

Persistence: CHECK

What does this do the narrative about the big evil publishers?
After all, single-player item persistence with an online requirement — sounds rather Sims 4:y, except that Sims 4 offered more complexity. So is CIG now worse than EA? :D

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The obvious solution is to find CPU3 and destroy it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

lordaddament Freelancer 1 point 2 hours ago

You can kill people in ships now?

[–]Mr_Nerd_Guy Bounty Hunter 2 points an hour ago

Sorta. If the ship is moving, it doesn't work. And the physics grid is sometimes wonky. I'm hopefull it will get sorted out on the PTU.

This sounds like one of those bugs that fixing will break absolutely everything else. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have already fixed such a fundamental thing.

I bet it's related to why the <<USE>> prompts move around when a ship is moving.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Having your graphics card at 78~80 c for a few hours is good for it too.

More heat = better than

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

G0RF posted:

MOMA

I met him on a site where some cynics go
To debate stupid shite like the worth of a woman's diploma
Dip-lo-m-a Lola

He showed up one day and was spoiling to fight
Like a CIG shill but he told us his name was just Moma-
M-O-M-A Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma

Well I'm not dumb and I don't wanna rant
But he writes like a lawyer and shills like a plant
Oh my Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma

Yeah he spews legalese to show he's bright
And don't give a crap for gamers rights
The defense never rests, and he's always sour
And he writes so much we think he's paid by the hour

Well I'm not an easily disinterested bloke
But when I read all he wrote
well I almost fell in coma
Co-co-co-co-coma
It's all thanks to Moma
Mo-mo-mo Moma

We asked him to stop
and tell us the truth
It don't take a sleuth
To see he's a spy
And we can't help but ask him "why?"

But that's the way that he wants it to stay
Cuz he can't change the subject but he won't go away
oh my Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma

Shills will be plants and plants will be shills
It's non-stop, dull-as-dirt battle of wills with my Moma
Mo-mo-mo Moma

Well some keep sayin' that he's really "Toast"
Sent by his boss to effort post
About the finer points of the T.O.S.
But I think his goal is just to bore us to death

Well I'm not the world's most upstanding man
But I sleep pretty well not
defending a scam

So how does Moma?
Mo mo mo mo Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma
Mo mo mo mo Moma
Holy poo poo :five:

I was hoping someone would ask so I didn't have to look like a boor but... what loving song is this? :negative:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Now that I think about it 2.4 clothing allows for Habbo Hotel "the station is closed" shenanigans. And people say CIG isn't adding gameplay.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MeLKoR posted:

I was hoping someone would ask so I didn't have to look like a boor but... what loving song is this? :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Quavers posted:

Space-game streamer BadNewsBaron organised a 5-vs-5 fight on a Starfarer, much jankiness happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4CBHTbvI
It really says it all that the first casualty in the fight was a guy who randomly died walking down a ramp into space.

Starengine is deadly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

More heat = better than

Nvidia and AMD have ramped up the roadmaps and progress lately in anticipation of the success of Star Citizen. Millions of gamers worldwide will be purchasing top of the line cards for the fidelity.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

XK posted:

This sounds like one of those bugs that fixing will break absolutely everything else. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have already fixed such a fundamental thing.

I bet it's related to why the <<USE>> prompts move around when a ship is moving.

It still sounds like they're using the standard cheat of replacing the pilot's character with the ship, making the two inseparable.

If it is, it's not a bug and it's not something that allows itself to be fixed without them completely replacing the FPS and spaceflight components in their entirety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Lime Tonics posted:

More heat = better than

meh, video cards have fans and heat sinks. They hit equilibrium pretty quick. Just like how a car doesn't overheat even if you drive it for 20+ hours straight.

• Locked thread