Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

genetic_knockout posted:

Hey Bunny, you are from Ottawa right? What restaurant is that from? It actually looks and sounds really good

The new craft place at Landsdowne. Went drinking there with goons Friday. I recommend it. The beer is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

bunnyofdoom posted:

The new craft place at Landsdowne. Went drinking there with goons Friday. I recommend it. The beer is awesome.

Awesome. I'm definitely going to check it out next time I'm down visiting the family.

Food fad that I currently am enjoying the gently caress out of: new craft breweries springing up all over the place

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Speaking of Ontario/Centre of the Universe, I am drinking craft beers right now! I think Ontario's worst craft ever was a smoked bacon stout.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

The Ferret King posted:

CultMoo made it and said it was pretty good. They were all surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkk9bxGRzo

drat now I actually want to try that.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Eat and drink!
EAT AND DRINK!
EAT AND DRINK!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You know, it probably says a lot about me that I'd say "gently caress yes" to most of those.

Especially the chili-cheese-bacon-bean-burg dog. GOD yes.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

EorayMel posted:

Eat and drink!
EAT AND DRINK!
EAT AND DRINK!

Wrong thread, friend.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EorayMel posted:

Eat and drink!
EAT AND DRINK!
EAT AND DRINK!

:gonk: This looks like medical waste

Also, I feel like second from the bottom (while disgusting to look at) might be good? It looks like a messy mushroom gnocchi in a cream sauce, which would be good. I should make that.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Its unappealing look probably has to do with it being poorly distributed on a Christmas plate.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Have, and would over and over. Black bean patties are horrifically tasty.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Polyseme posted:

Wrong thread, friend.

That patty looks like literal shitburger but I've definitely had one like it and can agree

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

This is like aliens attempting corn dogs and also getting confused as to what setting corn dogs are actually eaten in.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EorayMel posted:

Eat and drink!
EAT AND DRINK!
EAT AND DRINK!

Hot dog rollups getting out of hand, not wrapped in bacon though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

FetusSlapper posted:

drat now I actually want to try that.

When I was a kid my dad would make grilled banana and bacon on toast topped with honey. It was a great Sunday breakfast.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

cash crab posted:

Speaking of Ontario/Centre of the Universe, I am drinking craft beers right now! I think Ontario's worst craft ever was a smoked bacon stout.

I know Voodoo Doughnut was mentioned earlier, but they and Rogue make a beer that is loving vile.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I know Voodoo Doughnut was mentioned earlier, but they and Rogue make a beer that is loving vile.

I thought Voodoo Doughnut was just the name of the beer, not an actual independent company. Also, correct, that poo poo is vile.

But they do also make Santa's Private Reserve, so all is forgiven.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Rogue makes a sriracha beer that haunts the craft beer section of the Wegmans I shop at, and I am physically afraid of it. My girlfriend keeps daring me to buy it, and I'm like, "No. That's just about the worst way I can think of to spend $14."

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

deadly_pudding posted:

Rogue makes a sriracha beer that haunts the craft beer section of the Wegmans I shop at, and I am physically afraid of it. My girlfriend keeps daring me to buy it, and I'm like, "No. That's just about the worst way I can think of to spend $14."

If you want to buy strange expensive bottles of beer from Oregon there are better options. Ninkasi makes a beer from yeast that went to space for instance. Honestly though the Sriracha beer is OK, just not worth the money. It's made with a really small amount of actual Sriracha so in reality its just a very toasty tasting stout with a slight pepper finish. If you've ever had any of those darker saisons made with peppercorns that have been getting popular lately it's pretty similar but honestly there are better options if you want a peppery beer. Goose Island Pepe Nero, Ovila, etc are all pretty easy to get in most places and are leagues better.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

deadly_pudding posted:

Way better spicy stouts out there for cheaper. Rogue is just a wannabe Dogfish head with prices that never match quality.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Scathach posted:

This is like aliens attempting corn dogs and also getting confused as to what setting corn dogs are actually eaten in.

WHAT IS WRONG, HU-MON? WE HAVE REPLICATED THE EARTH "CORN DOG" MEAL PERFECTLY. CEASE THOSE NOISES AND OCULAR FLUID SECRETIONS IMMEDIATELY!

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

My friend brought over some chocolate rogue once. It was unpleasant. Also, if you ever come here, Voodoo is totally overhyped and the pink box is a big pink sign that says "I'm a tourist look at me." If you really want to even bother with Voodoo and you have friends, just get one of the buckets of day old donuts.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

If you always wished that you could have a beer that tasted like lemon Pledge, Rogue's Lemon Voodoo Donut is the right drink for you.

I have no idea what I'm looking at here. It's like an asteroid pot pie? It's burnt as gently caress whatever it is.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fish Of Doom posted:

If you always wished that you could have a beer that tasted like lemon Pledge, Rogue's Lemon Voodoo Donut is the right drink for you.

I have no idea what I'm looking at here. It's like an asteroid pot pie? It's burnt as gently caress whatever it is.

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a chocolate souffle? My grandmother used to make cheese souffle that came in a similarly dome-like configuration.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

deadly_pudding posted:

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a chocolate souffle? My grandmother used to make cheese souffle that came in a similarly dome-like configuration.

That's clearly a chocolate hat.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

Google tells me it's a tourteau fromager. The crust is burnt, but it's that way on purpose.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Fish Of Doom posted:

It looks like a giant mole

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Wanamingo posted:

Google tells me it's a tourteau fromager. The crust is burnt, but it's that way on purpose.

I was thinking a brownie boob.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chin Strap posted:

Way better spicy stouts out there for cheaper. Rogue is just a wannabe Dogfish head with prices that never match quality.

I don't get spicy beers. Or spicy drinks in general. I tried some beer that had jalapenos floating in it a few weeks back and it was the worst alcoholic beverage I've ever had

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't get spicy beers. Or spicy drinks in general. I tried some beer that had jalapenos floating in it a few weeks back and it was the worst alcoholic beverage I've ever had

Do not dare besmirch the good name of Bloody Mary.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

Do not dare besmirch the good name of Bloody Mary.

Ok those are fine actually

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Rogue is loving poo poo.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Jmcrofts posted:

Rogue is loving poo poo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EorayMel posted:

Eat and drink!
EAT AND DRINK!
EAT AND DRINK!

Ok, I understand the philosophy behind no pizza rules, but please don't burn the gently caress out of it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

Rogue is loving poo poo.

Dead Guy ale is good but gently caress the rest of their products

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I went to a special event charity dinner at Sweetwater a few years back and they had a blueberry walnut salad paired with a basil infused IPA.

It sounded so disgusting but I swear to god it was the best Sweetwater beer I ever had.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, I understand the philosophy behind no pizza rules, but please don't burn the gently caress out of it.

NO. PIZZA. RULES.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

cash crab posted:

That sounds truly vile. The worst local beer I've had recently was some Ontario craft brewery raspberry wheat ale. I can't remember what brand it was off the top of my head, but it tastes like cough syrup and is disgusting. I always see cases and cases of it collecting dust at the LCBO. Also, gently caress Nicklebrook. I used to get it all the time when I was in college because it was the cheapest beer they served at the campus pub, but it has this heavy vomity aftertaste. Uggh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it now.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

I almost exclusively drink Foster's. :cheers:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

genetic_knockout posted:

That sounds truly vile. The worst local beer I've had recently was some Ontario craft brewery raspberry wheat ale. I can't remember what brand it was off the top of my head, but it tastes like cough syrup and is disgusting. I always see cases and cases of it collecting dust at the LCBO. Also, gently caress Nicklebrook. I used to get it all the time when I was in college because it was the cheapest beer they served at the campus pub, but it has this heavy vomity aftertaste. Uggh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it now.

Most Ontario craft is garbage. I think there's something in our water that compels us to overdo poo poo in a heavily self-conscious sort of way, so we end up collectively pretending we all think Steamwhistle is decent and that adding fruit to heavily sedimented craft beers is the height of light-heartedness.

Also, I love this because the answer to "Who could ask for more?" is answered by the child. "Me," he says, "I want more. Feed me real food, you crazy bitch. I am calling CPS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

potato dumpling stuffed with smoked meat, cabbage