Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Pretty much, but the USAF will not buy new F-15s.

Edit: They cost about as much as we'd have paid for F-22s had the 381 order been upheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ded posted:

Wouldn't those old f-15c be in need of new airframes too?

Everyone knows the only realistic option for air superiority is bootstrapping our existing -C model fleet to backstop the Raptors. Which means everyone knows and accepts we're going to have to, at a minimum, do a structural SLEP at some point. It's just a question of how many other toys we hang on the airframe when we do that (we're already putting V3 radars on the rest of the fleet, there's the Talon HATE datalink, new EW suite, the quad-pack missile racks, etc)

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ded posted:

Wouldn't those old f-15c be in need of new airframes too?

Beat me.

"Lets strap all this heavy poo poo to an old airframe and set it to dubstep. Someone will buy it"

blista compact
Mar 12, 2006
whats a fyad :(
Two of the three keywords were Affordable and Timely. Looks like they've got their unattainable ideas in order...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VALALLAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8MjK2zyQo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/EjmAlrai/status/735790932725891073

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

lol

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

Everyone knows the only realistic option for air superiority is bootstrapping our existing -C model fleet to backstop the Raptors. Which means everyone knows and accepts we're going to have to, at a minimum, do a structural SLEP at some point. It's just a question of how many other toys we hang on the airframe when we do that (we're already putting V3 radars on the rest of the fleet, there's the Talon HATE datalink, new EW suite, the quad-pack missile racks, etc)

Is that really more economical than some hypothetical factory-new improved F-15 version?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Man, gently caress Dick Cheney

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Dick gently caress Cheney

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

aphid_licker posted:

Is that really more economical than some hypothetical factory-new improved F-15 version?

That's not the point. If it's a new build its going to be a 35 or perhaps - a very slim chance a 22.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

aphid_licker posted:

Probably. If they were to crank out new F-15s with these features it would probably cost $135M apiece. But the big problem with buying new F-15s is that it completely fucks over any modernization effort. You can kiss the sixth-gen program goodbye for at least 15 more years because Congress simply will not do both. Three loving fighter jet programs for the USAF? That's hilarious.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

Probably. If they were to crank out new F-15s with these features it would probably cost $135M apiece. But the big problem with buying new F-15s is that it completely fucks over any modernization effort. You can kiss the sixth-gen program goodbye for at least 15 more years because Congress simply will not do both. Three loving fighter jet programs for the USAF? That's hilarious.

In the 50s and 60s they were swapping out airframes every 6 years. Multirole killed cool airplanes

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So did costs. That helped drive mergers from a couple dozen down to three loving companies, which only made it worse.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its pretty simple really. shitbarn the F35 and hello new F15s

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

go3 posted:

its pretty simple really. shitbarn the F35 and hello new F15s

shit_that_wont_happen.txt

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

But that new F15 doesn't look cool enough for the next Transformers movie.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Blind Rasputin posted:

But that new F15 doesn't look cool enough for the next Transformers movie.

It would not surprise me one loving bit if that was literally an actual defense used in a congressional hearing on the F35

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
NSFL if you're not into landscaping videos where some running ISIS dude gets a water feature installed via bullet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDLbpMYVNk

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mr. Showtime posted:

NSFL if you're not into landscaping videos where some running ISIS dude gets a water feature installed via bullet.

Wow that dude did not give a single gently caress

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Omg that guy is literally posturing right before our eyes. Made for pretty good cover though.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'm the guy loading mags from loose cartridges under fire, while using my buddy as cover while he bleeds out.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
ISIS full of buddy fuckers

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

ISIS full of buddy fuckers

Kind of by definition.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

Kind of by definition.

They gently caress two kinds of kids, too

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
come onnnnnnnnn Isis flag with a blue falcon on it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Showtime posted:

mashallah bruddah :jihad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im glad he died imho

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

MrYenko posted:

I'm the guy loading mags from loose cartridges under fire, while using my buddy as cover while he bleeds out.

He might've been able to save himself some time if he checked homeboy for some already loaded mags. Though I'm betting since that video is online his fate was shortly after homeboy's.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
filmed on a genuine Go Amateur

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

come onnnnnnnnn Isis flag with a blue falcon on it

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Anyone still have the picture of some poor fuckers PIV card encased in riveted sheet aluminum?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/736785911933898752

Ruse
Dec 16, 2005

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds!
thank u 4 surving.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
rename thread DaMothaFuckinShareZone

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
.....floooooOOOOOOOOOOR

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Zeris posted:

rename thread DaMothaFuckinShareZone

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

same gave all

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mad Dragon posted:

same gave all

you and I are the last people on earth who know how to read cursive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

(that's a parody account)

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/737013900672131073