Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

This really is the worst team to support

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What's the code for that little girl with a what the gently caress face?

:chloe:

?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Good to have a win

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Disband the Warriors

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Could we disband them and promote some other kiwi team in their place?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

iajanus posted:

Could we disband them and promote some other kiwi team in their place?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

YES

updated the OP

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Does anyone know the actual rule that gave the win to the Titans just then? I was of the opinion that if you knocked on and then grounded the ball (deliberately placed hand on it on the ground) the play should stop for a scrum. I've looked through the laws and couldn't find anything definitive - any ideas? The refs clearly said that the player has to regain possession, but I don't see any specific reference to that.

Also, lol panthers.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

More awful refereeing decisions ruining games. Dogs vs roosters isn't worth watching after the baffling decision not to bin Tolman for a professional foul, then the Roosters denied by Morris being "knocked over" when he took a very obvious dive. Joke of a game

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Seems like there's alot of subpar teams this season (mine included).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...522-gp12nk.html

This isn't suss at all

quote:

Parramatta players Corey Norman and Junior Paulo, as well as Penrith's James Segeyaro, dined out with a former Nomad bikie and an accused criminal before Norman was allegedly caught in possession of unknown pills on Friday night.

Eels front rower Paulo posted a photo on Instagram on Friday night of the trio having dinner with a group of men at a Chinese restaurant.

Among the group photographed is former senior bikie Paulie Younan and accused fraudster and money launderer Rafat Alameddine. While he is facing his own charges, Mr Alameddine is also the older brother of Talal Alameddine.

Talal Alameddine is currently in Goulburn Supermax having been charged with supplying the gun used to kill accountant Curtis Cheng outside the NSW Police headquarters in Parramatta last year.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
From what Manly games I've seen, Dylan Walker is pretty lucky to grab a NSW spot.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Red_Museum posted:

From what Manly games I've seen, Dylan Walker is pretty lucky to grab a NSW spot.

It's completely loving bizarre really, he's a good centre but a very average 5/8, whereas Blake Austin is a good centre, a good 5/8, a good fullback, a good winger, a good hooker, a good 2nd rower ie. Basically a uniformly better pick for a utility role. Even Jeynolds is a much better utility pick than loving Dylan Walker.

I'm personally going to thoroughly enjoy watching Inglis/Oates steamroll the (heavily predicted) Dugan/Fergo left edge for 80 minutes on the 1st of June.

The other changes to the team are a good step up though I think. Aeynolds is an excellent pick and Maloney isn't terrible. Mansour and Moylan (although Coote would be better) are both going to be strong debutants imo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Blues team announced:

Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)
Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
Blake Ferguson (Sydney Roosters)
Andrew Fifita (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Paul Gallen (c, Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Josh Jackson (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Michael Jennings (Parramatta Eels)
David Klemmer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
James Maloney (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Josh Mansour (Penrith Panthers)
Josh Morris (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Matt Moylan (Penrith Panthers)
Adam Reynolds (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
Dylan Walker (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)

note this is the extended squad, they haven't narrowed down to the final team.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

note this is the extended squad, they haven't narrowed down to the final team.

Pretty sure it's basically confirmed though:

Moylan
Mansour
Jennings
Dugan
Ferguson
Maloney
Aeynolds
Woods
Farah
Gallen
Cordner
Jackson
Bird

Walker
Klemmer
Tamou
Fifita

I think Josh Morris is backline injury cover for Dugan which is a bit silly but there you go, Frizell is 18th man with Cartwright injured.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

Does anyone know the actual rule that gave the win to the Titans just then? I was of the opinion that if you knocked on and then grounded the ball (deliberately placed hand on it on the ground) the play should stop for a scrum. I've looked through the laws and couldn't find anything definitive - any ideas? The refs clearly said that the player has to regain possession, but I don't see any specific reference to that.

Also, lol panthers.

Grounding the ball like that would only stop play if it was in either in goal area. Otherwise you need to properly regather possession. Peachey should have dived on the ball to kill it.

cpaf posted:

It's completely loving bizarre really, he's a good centre but a very average 5/8, whereas Blake Austin is a good centre, a good 5/8, a good fullback, a good winger, a good hooker, a good 2nd rower ie. Basically a uniformly better pick for a utility role. Even Jeynolds is a much better utility pick than loving Dylan Walker.

I'm personally going to thoroughly enjoy watching Inglis/Oates steamroll the (heavily predicted) Dugan/Fergo left edge for 80 minutes on the 1st of June.

The other changes to the team are a good step up though I think. Aeynolds is an excellent pick and Maloney isn't terrible. Mansour and Moylan (although Coote would be better) are both going to be strong debutants imo

I really don't get this selection. He's been a disaster at standoff for Manly and there are plenty of better options if you want a utility player. Otherwise it's a pretty good squad. I'm genuinely sad to be denied the opportunity to watch Mitchell Pearce gently caress things up once again.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Grounding the ball like that would only stop play if it was in either in goal area. Otherwise you need to properly regather possession. Peachey should have dived on the ball to kill it.

I really don't get this selection. He's been a disaster at standoff for Manly and there are plenty of better options if you want a utility player. Otherwise it's a pretty good squad. I'm genuinely sad to be denied the opportunity to watch Mitchell Pearce gently caress things up once again.

Yeah, I wasn't sure and in typical NRL fashion the rules were totally useless to read.

Team is decent, thank gently caress Pearce isn't there.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

NSW have picked a better squad this year but I think Oates and Inglis are going to gently caress Turd and Jed pretty hard, sans lube.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

ili posted:

NSW have picked a better squad this year but I think Oates and Inglis are going to gently caress Turd and Jed pretty hard, sans lube.

I want this to happen so bad

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smith might be a bit of a cheating prick but he is such a good player

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

what are the sharks doing so far up the ladder, get down you'll hurt yourself

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
QLD Side
1. Darius Boyd, 2. Corey Oates, 3. Greg Inglis, 4. Justin O’Neill, 5. Dane Gagai, 6. Johnathan Thurston, 7. Cooper Cronk, 8. Matt Scott, 9. Cameron Smith, 10. Nate Myles, 11. Matt Gillett, 12. Sam Thaiday, 13. Corey Parker. Interchange: 14. Michael Morgan, 15 Josh McGuire, 16. Aidan Guerra, 17. Josh Papalii.

Not sure how O'Neill and Gagai got in there but that's a side that can pants NSW

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I think the qld side is better but not by that much and its down to four players really. The 6 and 7 are hugely better and this makes a big difference and the gulf between farah and smith has probably never been larger and the 9 is the most important player on the field.

Nsw must win in the forwards and win well

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/05/24/vodafone_warriors_re.html

We've officially released Konrad Hurrell.

Probably best for everyone unfortunately, although someone else will get the best out of him now potentially.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

NSW should have picked Ennis or Peats, Farah has been garbage for awhile

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, Corey Norman, right?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/parramatta-eel-corey-norman-to-face-court-on-illegal-drugs-charges-20160525-gp3p6v.html

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
You have to be a special kind of idiot to be earning that much money in a high profile job and not have someone else carrying your drugs for you.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Smorgasbord posted:

You have to be a special kind of idiot to be earning that much money and not have someone else carrying your drugs for you.

"street cred" bullshit I guess.

dude getting paid a Million bucks a year to play a kids game, wants to emulate a spastic in trackie dacks selling points and pingas at leagues clubs.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/05/24/vodafone_warriors_re.html

We've officially released Konrad Hurrell.

Probably best for everyone unfortunately, although someone else will get the best out of him now potentially.

Good riddance you fat lazy piece of poo poo. Have fun missing tackles on the Gold Coast.

Smorgasbord posted:

You have to be a special kind of idiot to be earning that much money in a high profile job and not have someone else carrying your drugs for you.

Well at this rate he won't be earning the 800k he was looking forward to.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Good riddance you fat lazy piece of poo poo. Have fun missing tackles on the Gold Coast.

Well at this rate he won't be earning the 800k he was looking forward to.

No shortage of grubby clubs like Easts slobbering at the thought of picking up the dropkicks from other clubs at a discount.

edit: referring to Norman but I guess it applies to Koni as well. The right call, he may go on and succeed somewhere else but I doubt it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It seems like Hurrell being told to gently caress off was some time coming, with constant indiscretions and a failure on his end to reflect and take ownership of his own behaviour. It's always someone else's fault, basically.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11644817

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Honestly who cares its just ecstasy. Im extremely concerned with the company they were keeping though. Considering the raiders have signed paulo who was there.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

hurrell is now on everyone's other underachieving second team, the Titans

ok friends give it to me straight. you don't have to sugar coat it, just go at it like ripping off a band-aid: will the tigers beat that good for nothing bunch of jerks the broncos?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dalai Trauma posted:

hurrell is now on everyone's other underachieving second team, the Titans

ok friends give it to me straight. you don't have to sugar coat it, just go at it like ripping off a band-aid: will the tigers beat that good for nothing bunch of jerks the broncos?

Hahhahaha

Wtf

No

Are you insane

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

Hahhahaha

Wtf

No

Are you insane

Broncos by 60, easy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

Broncos by 60, easy

The only thing in our favour that might limit it to 40 is Origin.

Might.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i take that back can you break it to me gently instead

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dalai Trauma posted:

Ok, as a Tigers fan, I'll try.

Our chances of defeating the broncos are good, with the requirement that hell have a cold snap before tomorrow night.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Ok, as a Tigers fan, I'll try.

Our chances of defeating the broncos are good, with the requirement that hell have a cold snap before tomorrow night.

Are you going to the game? I'd keep an eye out for a depressed Tigers fan trying to find happiness at the bottom of a cheap plastic cup full of watered-down booze, but that description covers pretty much the entire fanbase.

Dalai Trauma posted:

Tigers won't win. But on the upside, if you attend the game and the Broncos score 19 or more points you can show your match tickets to any participating Brisbane, Logan or Ipswich MacDonalds for a free big mac. So I guess picking halves who can't tackle is finally going to pay off for you guys.

ili fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Are you going to the game? I'd keep an eye out for a depressed Tigers fan trying to find happiness at the bottom of a cheap plastic cup full of watered-down booze, but that description covers pretty much the entire fanbase.

I was going to go to the match but I have a soccer game at the same time and even though I have several broken fingers I'm still happy to watch the replay (although I'll be checking my phone for the score whenever possible, we dont kick off til 8:30)

• Locked thread